“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35458 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Maybe, being able to understand differing points of views, is a weakness.Perhaps not condemning those who feel differently than I, is also a weakness.Could be, I suppose.But it would be a mistake to think that I am a weak person.I can be ruthless if necessary, after all, I'm Irish!
Do you understand the point of view that your support for Christianity is promoting the views of bigots who condemn homosexuality and withhold rights and privileges from them? You have failed to articulate either way on this as with so many things asked of you.
Is it really that hard to answer questions?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35459 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I support the separation of church and state also, yet you asked me about Uganda as if you did not know my position or something.
I specifically asked you about god in the pledge, but you ran from that question.
Maybe try answering questions and asking questions with specifics for a change, and you might find out where the argument is.
Of COURSE I think any reference to GOD should not be in the PLEDGE!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35460 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand the point of view that your support for Christianity is promoting the views of bigots who condemn homosexuality and withhold rights and privileges from them? You have failed to articulate either way on this as with so many things asked of you.
Is it really that hard to answer questions?
There are bigots who don't believe in GOD who are against gays .I do not believe that because I believe in GOD, its my duty to HATE! Can't you understand that? I don't hate gays, don't support job discrimination against them, If they want to get married, so what? Being a Christian does not mean that I hate anyone, just the opposite.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35461 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Getting to these planets is unlikely, and that is also has zero relevance to the subject.
Even if each galaxy had but a single planet on it that was condusive to humans life, that still equals hundreds of billions of planets.
Considering that the Milky way is one hundred thousand light years across, it is not unreasonable to conclude by your claim of a few thousand light years away being a planet of habitable for humans, that their could still be thousands if not millions of planets in each galaxy like this.
The math is not on your side here.
The"proof"isn't on your side here.After YEARS of exploring the solar system, no sign of extraterrestrial life.If there was intelligent life somewhere in the universe, you'd think they would have contacted us by now.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35462 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Of COURSE I think any reference to GOD should not be in the PLEDGE!
Now was that so hard to do? Why must I ask more than once for you to answer a question? You are on here all the time, yet you act as if you do not see most of the questions I ask you. Thus I assume you are running from the debate or unable to answer.
You tell me not to group people together, but if you do not stand up and answer the questions asked, this is just what people will do.
This is reality, like it or not.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35463 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Now was that so hard to do? Why must I ask more than once for you to answer a question? You are on here all the time, yet you act as if you do not see most of the questions I ask you. Thus I assume you are running from the debate or unable to answer.
You tell me not to group people together, but if you do not stand up and answer the questions asked, this is just what people will do.
This is reality, like it or not.
You know,I really thought you already knew what my answer would be.My mistake.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35464 Feb 10, 2013
Yes
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> TSF do you even live in Caldwell County?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35465 Feb 10, 2013
Tha5t old TV show was called the 64 thousand dollar question.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the $64 dollar question...

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35466 Feb 10, 2013
To my way of thinking, being a Christian isn't about who you"hate", its about who you love.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35467 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The"proof"isn't on your side here.After YEARS of exploring the solar system, no sign of extraterrestrial life.If there was intelligent life somewhere in the universe, you'd think they would have contacted us by now.
Again, using words like "proof" is not smart here. Try using words like "evidence" instead. There is a massive difference. Not sure why you cannot comprehend this.

By your own words, the planets are far away and we cannot reach them. So evidence is not easy to have. Probabilities on the other hand are another thing.
In science,the probabilities are evidence of a sort.
Not hearing from ET does not show a high probability of no life on other planets,nor intelligent life. Keep in mind the massive numbers and distances in the equation.

I would not expect life to be even trying to communicate with us on most planets with life. Even if some of the life is intelligent, just how intelligent or advanced are they? Hell, it took life three billions years of evolution to make a device to recieve a signal of another planet or life trying to communicate.

We likely pointed our radars towards less than a million planets out of one or two hundred billion in this galaxy alone. So we have really just started looking. You are expecting more than what is expected by the experts.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35468 Feb 10, 2013
No. A normal human being wouldn't throw away a kids lunch for 10 cents. I can assure you it happened here. Normal human beings would also not fall all over themselves kissing the ass of millionaires AND giving them cash money by taxing the poor kid's parent into deeper poverty. Going hungry for a day or two will not hurt you. But, I 'll bet your republikan county commissioners were not stealing your lunch money . No matter how you spin it, that is essentially what happened.
waco1909 wrote:
I can't believe a normal human being would throw away a kids meal for ten cents.There must be more to this story.When I was in grade school though, if you didn't have any money and you didn't bring your own food, you didn't eat.I should know, because I sure didn't eat on many an occasion.It didn't kill me but I WAS hungry.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35469 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
To my way of thinking, being a Christian isn't about who you"hate", its about who you love.
I would assume all would say the same, yet many Christian do hate and some in a systematic way towards certain peoples. Right now, one of these peoples are homosexuals. I am not saying you hate them, I am saying many Christians do, and do so due to their religion.

I was talking to one of my Christain friends yesterday and he said there was no strife between Catholics and Protestants. This really made me think about how some people do not know history or even todays reality.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35470 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You know,I really thought you already knew what my answer would be.My mistake.
Waco, you sit on the fence with so many issues, there is no telling what you think on the details.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35471 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Again, using words like "proof" is not smart here. Try using words like "evidence" instead. There is a massive difference. Not sure why you cannot comprehend this.
By your own words, the planets are far away and we cannot reach them. So evidence is not easy to have. Probabilities on the other hand are another thing.
In science,the probabilities are evidence of a sort.
Not hearing from ET does not show a high probability of no life on other planets,nor intelligent life. Keep in mind the massive numbers and distances in the equation.
I would not expect life to be even trying to communicate with us on most planets with life. Even if some of the life is intelligent, just how intelligent or advanced are they? Hell, it took life three billions years of evolution to make a device to recieve a signal of another planet or life trying to communicate.
We likely pointed our radars towards less than a million planets out of one or two hundred billion in this galaxy alone. So we have really just started looking. You are expecting more than what is expected by the experts.
It would appear that if there IS intelligent life in the universe, they are as yet unable to overcome the problems associated in the theory of relativity, in other words, traveling faster than the speed of light.To travel faster than light, would take infinite power, and the closer to the speed of light that an object traveled, the larger that object would become, until it was infinitely huge.E=MC2

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35472 Feb 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Tha5t old TV show was called the 64 thousand dollar question.
I cheapened it up so you'd have more to pay your taxes with. Didn't want you to miss out on doing your part for entitlement payments that are due.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35473 Feb 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>No. A normal human being wouldn't throw away a kids lunch for 10 cents. I can assure you it happened here. Normal human beings would also not fall all over themselves kissing the ass of millionaires AND giving them cash money by taxing the poor kid's parent into deeper poverty. Going hungry for a day or two will not hurt you. But, I 'll bet your republikan county commissioners were not stealing your lunch money . No matter how you spin it, that is essentially what happened.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Whaaaaaaaasssaaaaaaa!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaassaaa!

They stole my lunch money...

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35474 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> There are bigots who don't believe in GOD who are against gays .I do not believe that because I believe in GOD, its my duty to HATE! Can't you understand that? I don't hate gays, don't support job discrimination against them, If they want to get married, so what? Being a Christian does not mean that I hate anyone, just the opposite.
Did I say you hate because you are a Christian? NO!! I am saying some do. I clearly said I am not claiming you are, yet your dumb ass is acting as if I did. Learn to read moron.

The bigots who are Christian that are anti gay are most always this way due to their religion. Now if an atheist is, is it due to his atheism? Not likely. I cannot even imagine how he could be. I know of not a single atheist that is against gay marriage. Not a one. Do you?I am not saying it could not happen, but I am saying it is at least very rare. Now on the other hand, we know the religious right(Christian) has a lot of people who are against gay marriage. Is this just some coincidence or is this due to the bible saying homosexuality is an abomination?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35475 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> It would appear that if there IS intelligent life in the universe, they are as yet unable to overcome the problems associated in the theory of relativity, in other words, traveling faster than the speed of light.To travel faster than light, would take infinite power, and the closer to the speed of light that an object traveled, the larger that object would become, until it was infinitely huge.E=MC2
I am well aware of this. Not that any of this has any relevance to the debate.
This is why I cannot understand those who believe we are being visited by ET's.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35476 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say you hate because you are a Christian? NO!! I am saying some do. I clearly said I am not claiming you are, yet your dumb ass is acting as if I did. Learn to read moron.
The bigots who are Christian that are anti gay are most always this way due to their religion. Now if an atheist is, is it due to his atheism? Not likely. I cannot even imagine how he could be. I know of not a single atheist that is against gay marriage. Not a one. Do you?I am not saying it could not happen, but I am saying it is at least very rare. Now on the other hand, we know the religious right(Christian) has a lot of people who are against gay marriage. Is this just some coincidence or is this due to the bible saying homosexuality is an abomination?
Ok halfwit, let's take a trip to insultland.Look you freak, all you do is rail constantly against religion.What a fool you are, never addressing any other issue with any degree of acuity.You get out of bed, stub your toe, and blame Christianity.What a shock, Mike hates Christians.Isn't that the truth,Mike? Don't you really hate Christians? I'd bet that you hate a lot of things Mike.Hate and contempt flow out of you like lava from a volcano.Old Mike Duquette, his favorite words are"moron","ret ard", and"chickenshit".A man who's never learned that words can cut to the bone.Well Mike, that's what your"moron"comment got you.So, we've insulted one another, and accomplished not a thing.Keep up the good work, i'm sure your friends find it oh so amusing.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#35477 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am well aware of this. Not that any of this has any relevance to the debate.
This is why I cannot understand those who believe we are being visited by ET's.
you choose not to insult on this post.Instead, you indicated that you questioned the relevance of my comment.This I can understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 5 hr Nader 240
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 10 hr Resource Action 252
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 13 hr Lamb Cobb 4,842
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) Fri cha ching 34
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Sep 17 I Hate Syracuse 234
5 year old goes missing at Shamrock Gardens Ele... Sep 17 MaryOfConcern 6
Missing child at Shamrock Garden Elementary School Sep 16 Debbie 20
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••