Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35239 Feb 8, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yea! But NO ONE of importance. So I guess, I'll go on; feeling like a little lost lamb.
how do you know if they're important, or not?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35240 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Spring has sprung in southeast Texas....
I am ready for it to spring here , too. The first shipments of trees have started to arrive at the local garden centers and nurseries. How exciting! I just bought a Black Tartarian cherry tree (to attract wild birds). This variety is self fruitful, meaning that it does not need a pollinater. Now is a great time to add trees and shrubs to your landscape, so they get established before the hot summer months.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35241 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> how do you know if they're important, or not?
Because, it's junk!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35242 Feb 8, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ready for it to spring here , too. The first shipments of trees have started to arrive at the local garden centers and nurseries. How exciting! I just bought a Black Tartarian cherry tree (to attract wild birds). This variety is self fruitful, meaning that it does not need a pollinater. Now is a great time to add trees and shrubs to your landscape, so they get established before the hot summer months.
What kind of mulch do you use? Fertilizer? Lesco, I think is the best fertilizer for your yard.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35243 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> how do you know if they're important, or not?
I guess by now you realize that I am not Spoon and Spoon is not me? Do I not even get an, "I was wrong.":)

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35244 Feb 8, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess by now you realize that I am not Spoon and Spoon is not me? Do I not even get an, "I was wrong.":)
Well Allen, here's what I think.Whatever doubts I may have, maybe, just maybe, its better to"go with the flow", you know? However, you can always Topix email me.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35245 Feb 8, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ready for it to spring here , too. The first shipments of trees have started to arrive at the local garden centers and nurseries. How exciting! I just bought a Black Tartarian cherry tree (to attract wild birds). This variety is self fruitful, meaning that it does not need a pollinater. Now is a great time to add trees and shrubs to your landscape, so they get established before the hot summer months.
I'd like to see that.If you get a chance to sign in, you can post pictures on your site.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35246 Feb 8, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of mulch do you use? Fertilizer? Lesco, I think is the best fertilizer for your yard.
I use cypress mulch. It really doesn't matter, most people choose it for color. It's whatever you prefer. Don't be to hasty to fertilize. If you do it to early, it promotes new growth which can be damaged by late freezes. I prefer a granular time released fertilizer. No mixing required. It depends on the tree, shrub or plant as to what specific fertilizer you may need. For example an all purpose fertilizer such as 10-10-10. is equal amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK). Nitrogen promotes a healthy plant, phosphorus buds and blooms and potassium a healthy root system.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35247 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Well Allen, here's what I think.Whatever doubts I may have, maybe, just maybe, its better to"go with the flow", you know? However, you can always Topix email me.
Fair enough.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35248 Feb 8, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I use cypress mulch. It really doesn't matter, most people choose it for color. It's whatever you prefer. Don't be to hasty to fertilize. If you do it to early, it promotes new growth which can be damaged by late freezes. I prefer a granular time released fertilizer. No mixing required. It depends on the tree, shrub or plant as to what specific fertilizer you may need. For example an all purpose fertilizer such as 10-10-10. is equal amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK). Nitrogen promotes a healthy plant, phosphorus buds and blooms and potassium a healthy root system.
Have you heard of Lesco? It's probably one of the best fertilizer's I've seen. People's lawns look so nice and green after using it.

Pretty much palm trees, oak and magnolia tree's around here.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35249 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'd like to see that.If you get a chance to sign in, you can post pictures on your site.
My tree is not to much to look at right now, it's only about 4 foot tall and in a 5 gallon pot. It may be a year or two before it produces fruit but, it can grow to 70' tall by 30' wide and it can withstand temps to 30 below. I try to plant at least one tree a year, and usually in memory of a family member who has past. A couple of years ago I planted a Ginko Biloba tree in memory of my dad who lost memory due to an accident in which he suffered a serious head injury.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35250 Feb 8, 2013
I use mushroom compost from monterey mushroom In Madisonville Texas.This stuff would grow tomatoes from a brick.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35251 Feb 8, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you heard of Lesco? It's probably one of the best fertilizer's I've seen. People's lawns look so nice and green after using it.
Pretty much palm trees, oak and magnolia tree's around here.
No I haven't but I will look it up. There are so many brands out there.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35252 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I use mushroom compost from monterey mushroom In Madisonville Texas.This stuff would grow tomatoes from a brick.
Mushroom compost is a great amendment. We have something here called Natures Helper also great. Rule of thumb for me two parts soil, one part amendment.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#35253 Feb 8, 2013
I love to see two people get along, who knows, it might be love. Good luck!!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35254 Feb 8, 2013
I didn't really have a choice. I couldn't vote for Twitt because he was going to vulture capitalize the entire USA and continue to rob the middle class with welfare to the rich. Obama didn't mention the gun ban thing before the election. I wasn't too worried until he and the justice department declared that they have the power to kill any American without a trial. That is not constitutional. Hopefully legal challenges will prove that it is a case of over reach and congress will clip his tail feathers. What democrats had better realize is the danger they face if this precident stands when the republikans gain control of the presidencey again. As in most elections,in 2012 it turns out that the choice was between the devil and the witch.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>We tried to warn you....and this is the man you voted for!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35255 Feb 8, 2013
ATTENTION CALDWELL COUNTY PROPERTY OWNERS
You voted in all republikan commissioners. Thanks suckers. They just raised your taxes an average of 27.9% going by the revaluation notices I received in the mail today. Weird that property would increase almost 28% when the real estate market has devalued the average home by almost that amount. I'll bet $20 against the hole in a doughnut that when you get your tax bill in July they will swear they didn't your raise taxes.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35256 Feb 8, 2013
I'll bet $20 against the hole in a doughnut that when you get your tax bill in July the Caldwell Commissioners will swear they didn't your raise taxes. I'll bet another $20 against another hole in a doughniut that more than half the idiots in Caldwell will believe it and vote a straight ticket for the same pack of jackels again.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35257 Feb 8, 2013
TSF wrote:
ATTENTION CALDWELL COUNTY PROPERTY OWNERS
You voted in all republikan commissioners. Thanks suckers. They just raised your taxes an average of 27.9% going by the revaluation notices I received in the mail today. Weird that property would increase almost 28% when the real estate market has devalued the average home by almost that amount. I'll bet $20 against the hole in a doughnut that when you get your tax bill in July they will swear they didn't your raise taxes.
As it was once told to me on here, don't like the majority vote, you can always move.

There is nothing requiring you to live in Caldwell County. Not to mention, your president said the economy is turning around and you got nothing to worry about.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#35258 Feb 8, 2013
For those of you who like them, I got to see a Colt "Gov." issue 1911 .45, Colt Mustang .380, both in the box,& a Ruger .357 with Stag grips. All in "like new" condition. Dang, those were nice. No plastic, poly, etc, just great workmanship. They don't build them like that anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) 4 hr NemO 545
Help wanted. Sales in Charlotte 16 hr NemO 2
Location questions. Thu Abc 1
Is it reasonable for a trained officer ........ Wed Nemo 4
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Wed Nemo 250
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Aug 23 Timmy_ 289
Rioting in Charlotte Aug 23 Bob Marloy 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages