Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35193 Feb 8, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to like the freedom for a select group of citizens and not ALL. "Liberty and Justice for SOME" is your mantra. Yes, I recall the past in the struggle for Civil Rights. You like to ignore it. You are too selective to be a true freedom patriot.
If anyone is being selective it is you.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#35194 Feb 8, 2013
Is it a coincidence that the weapons ban fervor coincides with the president and justice department claiming for themselves the power to kill Americans without a trial? I don't trust ANYONE that much.
Taxpayer wrote:
Remember, Hitler and his Nazi regime disarmed the people. The comparison between Hitler and Obama is striking. Patriots, with the systematic dismantling of our Constitutional rights and the gun-grab taking place, the murdering of America being next. This is exactly what is happening--legislation by legislation, bill by bill, Executive Order by Executive Order. Washington is eviscerating citizens of their right their freedoms. It's INSANITY. We are being stripped bear with our families being enslaved.No, we can wait no longer to negotiate our way out of this hatchet job; we can no longer depend upon the faithfulness of our politicians to the Constitution. Many of our politicians have turned into nothing more than political Pharisees wanting to please all without a foundational belief in what made America great and they are unwilling to endorse or uphold the Constitution. Americans citizens, the time is coming when you must decide. A Lexington and Concorde moment when you must decide which is greater: the demands of a tyrannical fascist government as they disarm us and eviscerate our liberties or your own personal rights. Do not forget Oskar Schindler who, while still owning a company, was under the boot heel of an all-powerful government. Guns were forbidden, free speech was forbidden and voting was outlawed. Now, all that we hold dear as Americans could be utterly annihilated. Many say, "Oh, that can't happen here." Do NOT be a fool! As astute philosopher George Santanaya said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#35195 Feb 8, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right they are not. My step daughter goes to public middle school, seventh grade, she is a straight "A" student. She is doing work now that I did not do until my junior year in high school. She plays saxophone in band and is on a church basket ball team and is active in her youth group. As far as I can tell the only thing lacking with her is common sense.
I have also noticed this in the cooperate world also. The further up the cooperate ladder they get the less common sense they seem to have. IMO, a person who has the common sense to know where and how to find the information they need is just as intelligent as the one who boggles their mind with it. IMO, some of the most book smart people that I have ever met don't have the common sense to get in out of the rain.
Although govt schools have come along way since we were there, they're still lacking in "educating" the students. Two examples; 1) one of my daughters friends transferred to private school from govt school last year. She had just completed 5th grade and when she took the private school placement test, she was told she'd have to repeat the 5th grade because she was to far behind her peers to join them in the 6th grade. 2) my neighbor's son just transferred to govt schools from the same private school because of his athletic skills and the athletic opportunities available in the govt system. He had just completed the 8th grade so he was placed in the 9th grade (HS). His scores placed him in all of the college prep honors classes where he's excelling because they're doing the work that he's already done! He continuously talks about how easy school is and how in private school he was tested in most subjects at least three times a week and now in govt schools (college prep, honors) he's lucky if he gets one test a week! Also, he says in private schools its all about learning,(because regardless of how much it cost, if you don't make the grade you're out) and in govt schools it's all about the social issues...who's got the newest sneakers, who's got the hottest car, who's got the newest phone, who's got the freshest clothes, etc... He says if the govt school kids put as much emphasis on learning as they do the social issues, there would be no reason for Americans to fall behind the rest if the world in education, that's when I point out, it's the teachers that make the difference because in private schools, if you don't make the grade, then they're also out!
As far as common sense, I agree. That's why I call it uncommon sense, because its not so common anymore!
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35196 Feb 8, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer had said in the past that The Civil Rights Movement was a Communist movement.

No I did not say it was a communist movement. I said it was being used as a Communist movement. It is the hook for a scam. The right thing use for the wrong perpose.
People are easily duped. It is amazing and it is because they are lazy.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35197 Feb 8, 2013
Some people are never free, and never will be.

Location hidden

#35198 Feb 8, 2013
TSF wrote:
Is it a coincidence that the weapons ban fervor coincides with the president and justice department claiming for themselves the power to kill Americans without a trial? I don't trust ANYONE that much.
<quoted text>
We tried to warn you....and this is the man you voted for!
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35199 Feb 8, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
And he calls me an ex patriot. Why do I want to live in a country where our government is more wrapped up in every special interest group coming and going instead of doing their job of running the country? Everybody in this country is free and that's what they've been promised and that's what they have. We have "protected classes" these days and no one is left out. As a matter of fact, I think the government needs to get out of the sexual orientation business and get down to the business of making sure everyone, gay, straight, bi or tri will be able to have a roof over their heads, food to eat, jobs and maybe some sort of decent lifestyle.
NO WE ARE NOT FREE. Wake up! You cannot do anything without the Gov. The Gov. owns YOU. You’re not Makin bacon, your just meat lying in a grease cold frying pan. If you want to make bacon you need the Gov. permission first and if they do not want to give it, too bad.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#35200 Feb 8, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Some people are never free, and never will be.
Not from Natural law but they can be from fascist rule.

Got to go to work.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35201 Feb 8, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look it up. That answer is available everywhere.
emlu never ask an idiot a question, it'll just frustrate you, and annoy the idiot.
Murray

Houston, TX

#35202 Feb 8, 2013
Gays will never inherit the kingdom of heaven. It is a wrong practice to be gay.

Location hidden

#35203 Feb 8, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
NO WE ARE NOT FREE. Wake up! You cannot do anything without the Gov. The Gov. owns YOU. You’re not Makin bacon, your just meat lying in a grease cold frying pan. If you want to make bacon you need the Gov. permission first and if they do not want to give it, too bad.
WAKE UP TAXPAYER, that's why I'm moving out of this country. I'm choose not to lay in a frying pan. You can stay if you want and kep the fires burning, not my problem anymore.
Murray

Houston, TX

#35204 Feb 8, 2013
You should move to Costa Rica. That's where I'm going. All the gays and the blacks blaming us for every thing. Teenagers getting shot for no reason. Poor nutrition here in this country. It's a shame.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35205 Feb 8, 2013
Murray wrote:
You should move to Costa Rica. That's where I'm going. All the gays and the blacks blaming us for every thing. Teenagers getting shot for no reason. Poor nutrition here in this country. It's a shame.
Imagine that, someone posting from Houston.What were the odds?
Murray

Houston, TX

#35206 Feb 8, 2013
What? Are you a gun toten thug.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35207 Feb 8, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Although govt schools have come along way since we were there, they're still lacking in "educating" the students. Two examples; 1) one of my daughters friends transferred to private school from govt school last year. She had just completed 5th grade and when she took the private school placement test, she was told she'd have to repeat the 5th grade because she was to far behind her peers to join them in the 6th grade. 2) my neighbor's son just transferred to govt schools from the same private school because of his athletic skills and the athletic opportunities available in the govt system. He had just completed the 8th grade so he was placed in the 9th grade (HS). His scores placed him in all of the college prep honors classes where he's excelling because they're doing the work that he's already done! He continuously talks about how easy school is and how in private school he was tested in most subjects at least three times a week and now in govt schools (college prep, honors) he's lucky if he gets one test a week! Also, he says in private schools its all about learning,(because regardless of how much it cost, if you don't make the grade you're out) and in govt schools it's all about the social issues...who's got the newest sneakers, who's got the hottest car, who's got the newest phone, who's got the freshest clothes, etc... He says if the govt school kids put as much emphasis on learning as they do the social issues, there would be no reason for Americans to fall behind the rest if the world in education, that's when I point out, it's the teachers that make the difference because in private schools, if you don't make the grade, then they're also out!
As far as common sense, I agree. That's why I call it uncommon sense, because its not so common anymore!
Your"social issues"comment was brilliant.Socializing is the main thing people do in public schools, and learning to"fit in".The nail that sticks out, must be hammered down....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35208 Feb 8, 2013
Murray wrote:
What? Are you a gun toten thug.
I'D NEVER shoot a guy named MURRAY!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35209 Feb 8, 2013
Hey Murray, don't be shy, I know Houston like the back of my hand, what part of Houston do you call home?
Murray

Houston, TX

#35210 Feb 8, 2013
That's good. I'm in bellaire

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35211 Feb 8, 2013
Murray wrote:
That's good. I'm in bellaire
I used to deliver mail there.Nice place.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35212 Feb 8, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
WAKE UP TAXPAYER, that's why I'm moving out of this country. I'm choose not to lay in a frying pan. You can stay if you want and kep the fires burning, not my problem anymore.
WOW, you are moving out of the country? I want to go! Will you still be able to write? I'm sure this is going to be a Great Nascar season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 6 hr Brian_G 1,907
Are All Black Women Fat Ugly and Uneducated 7 hr Whitey 1
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 7 hr Resource Action 253
Cogratulations On Your Sex Offenders 8 hr Deputy Dog 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 15 hr ButtInj_T 140
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) Fri ste 403
patrick brehm arrested and charged Dec 18 medmel8556 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web