Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,651)

Showing posts 33,001 - 33,020 of54,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Senior military leader that Obama is using a new ‘litmus test’ in determining who will stay and who will go in his military leaders. The new test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Please show how my words lead you to this ridiculous conclusion?
Posted by Mike then a response from Lu:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see being on welfare as winning. Being on welfare is simply surviving.
Would it be more motivating for one to work if welfare did not exist? Probably, but note that in nations with no welfare, people do starve and live in horrible conditions. I just feel no one should live in such conditions. I know you have no empathy for these people and thus I get why you hate welfare. This understanding of you is not going to make me want to take welfare safety nets from the people. It is going to make my resolve for it stronger.
Again, being on welfare is not living the good life. It is barely surviving.

Post from Lu to Mike:

Mike, I see both sides of this issue but is there a solution? I know people who admit they will not take a job because: I make more if "I draw", I'm gonna take the gov. for everything I can, or (this one is my fav,) I only work for cash 'cause I get a check. I SWEAR I have heard each and every one of these excuses. Lady came in the store a couple weeks ago bought about $200. in ammo and is on a list for 2 Glocks. Asked me if we "were hiring" said "I ask everyone, I have to to keep drawing". Could it be that finally people are abusing that system and it's out of hand?

Now Mike if people are on welfare or unemployment should they be buying guns, lottery tickets and scratch offs. Your comment that your resolve is even stronger to make sure safety nets are in place is ridiculous. Guns, lottery tickets, and such are not necessities for living. Do you even know or care how these people spend their money? It's not even their money, it's ours, the taxpayers and people like you want to make sure they have a safety net? Geez.
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The three primary indicators of Barack Obama’s larger agenda are his call for a Civilian National Police Force, his recent push for disarming the American people through his gun control proposals, and now reports of his screening senior military leaders for their willingness to kill American civilians.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

You answered your own question. They say to hell with constituents , lobbyist pay better. That is why they (republikans) call un announced post midnight emergency sessions to vote in bills at 1:00 am in the morning which later have to be overturned by the courts because they violate the constitution of the USA and the State of NC. The party of stupid is determined to make North Carolina the state of stupid.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Along the same lines as Bacon, has any representative from the state of NC come home to have town halls with their constituents to discuss the issues or bills that they may be voting on or do they say to hell with my constituents, the lobbyist pay better?
I for one wanted the govt to go over the "fiscal curb" but my representatives caved in and voted otherwise......which will be my choice as well in 2014!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bush lead the citizens to believe Saddam was responsible for 9/11. Polls show when Bush was reelected, 75% of republicans and 50% of democrats thought that Saddam had ties to 9/11.
Now keep crying wolf, as no one is listening.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you have no idea what "proficient" means.
Now I do not wish to be a hypocrite like yourself, so I will post some links.
The Newsweek Magazine poll "What America Knows", conducted Princeton Survey Research Associates International, regularly asks American citizens a wide range of questions relating to world events past and present and a number of more trivial questions of general knowledge.[7] On five occasions the following question has been asked:
"Do you think Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq was directly involved in planning, financing, or carrying out the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001?" September 2003 responses: 47% Yes, 37% No, 16% not sure.
January 2004 responses: 49% Yes, 39% No, 12% not sure.
September 2004 responses: 42% Yes, 44% No, 14% not sure.
October 2004 responses: 36% Yes, 51% No, 13% not sure.
June 2007 responses: 41% Yes, 50% No, 9% not sure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polls_ab...
New York Times / CBS News have conducted a number of polls on the Iraq War that have included the question:
"Was Saddam personally involved in 9/11?"[10] April 2003 responses: 53% said Yes, 38% said No.
October 2005 responses: 33% said Yes, 55% said No.
September 2006 responses: 31% said Yes, 57% said No.
September 2007 responses: 33% said Yes, 58% said No.
A poll reported in the Washington Post in September 2003 found that nearly 70 percent of respondents believed Saddam Hussein was probably personally involved in the attacks.[19]
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/11/18/ira...
Evidently you have no idea what "proof" means. Neither link claims that 75% of Repubs and 50% of the Dems thought Saddam had ties to 911. The first link you provided addresses conspiracy theories with various polls that show NO "proof" to your claims, rather that our govt was involved. The second provided no "proof" that "Bush lead citizens to believe" anything, it's an opinion piece with someone's opinion, no proof.
Try again straw man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TSF wrote:
You answered your own question. They say to hell with constituents , lobbyist pay better. That is why they (republikans) call un announced post midnight emergency sessions to vote in bills at 1:00 am in the morning which later have to be overturned by the courts because they violate the constitution of the USA and the State of NC. The party of stupid is determined to make North Carolina the state of stupid.
<quoted text>
Over 120 years of Commucrat control and studies show your party has spent years making NC the state of stupid, now it's time to right the ship. Hold on, it's going to be a fun ride!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The NC republikan governor, the NC republikan house and the NC republikan senate have been inspired by Bobby Jindal. They are determined that NC will be # 1 in the states of stupid. Governor McCory wants to UNC to teach welding instead of having those pesky "intellectual elites" teach achademics. He didn't explain what he wanted the community colleges to teach.
What is kind of pathetic is that NC legislators have decided to follow Bobby Jindal and La. in a race to the bottom. Louisiana already holds that position and is sitting on the finish line..
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Dear Bobby Jindal,
You also may want to be reminded that "old dogs never learn new tricks." It is just not in their nature.
Sincerely,
The Republican Party

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TSF wrote:
So if the stable calcium metal isotopes in bones for instance, became unstable from the capture of thermal neutrons, what would be the half life of say 45 Ca?
<quoted text>
Be a little more specific. Are we back to the neutron bomb attack scenario? If so, it's a game changer on half life in the bones.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>You answered your own question. They say to hell with constituents , lobbyist pay better. That is why they (republikans) call un announced post midnight emergency sessions to vote in bills at 1:00 am in the morning which later have to be overturned by the courts because they violate the constitution of the USA and the State of NC. The party of stupid is determined to make North Carolina the state of stupid.
You keep trying to separate politicians into separate parties. They (democrats & republicans) are politicians. They are corrupt, crooked, sly and doing whatever they can to stay on the "free" ride.

Do you politicians like Nancy Pelosi with her net worth of $58 million,$193k annual salary and taxpayer paid healthcare gives a fat rats ass what's in a bill before its passed. After all she is the one who said "We have to pass the bill so you can see what's in it".

She and those like her are why we need the 2nd amendment.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Over 120 years of Commucrat control and studies show your party has spent years making NC the state of stupid, now it's time to right the ship. Hold on, it's going to be a fun ride!
y'all voted to make floods.....illegal??
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The run on guns and ammunition at first seemed like the usual reaction to gun control proposals. But now , the nationwide rationing of ammo to 3 boxes per day per person at WalMart seems to indicate that gun confiscation legislation and or orders will face considerable opposition. I think such a move will only end up criminalizing a large segment of our presently law abiding population while giving criminals a free pass..
Taxpayer wrote:
The three primary indicators of Barack Obama’s larger agenda are his call for a Civilian National Police Force, his recent push for disarming the American people through his gun control proposals, and now reports of his screening senior military leaders for their willingness to kill American civilians.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TSF wrote:
The NC republikan governor, the NC republikan house and the NC republikan senate have been inspired by Bobby Jindal. They are determined that NC will be # 1 in the states of stupid. Governor McCory wants to UNC to teach welding instead of having those pesky "intellectual elites" teach achademics. He didn't explain what he wanted the community colleges to teach.
What is kind of pathetic is that NC legislators have decided to follow Bobby Jindal and La. in a race to the bottom. Louisiana already holds that position and is sitting on the finish line..
<quoted text>
Looks like NORTH CAROLINA wants to lead the nation in unemployed welders....

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>The NC republikan governor, the NC republikan house and the NC republikan senate have been inspired by Bobby Jindal. They are determined that NC will be # 1 in the states of stupid. Governor McCory wants to UNC to teach welding instead of having those pesky "intellectual elites" teach achademics. He didn't explain what he wanted the community colleges to teach.
Race to the bottom? Where the hell do you think we're at?

The easiest way for NC to get out of this hole is quit digging and put the damn shovel down.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Yes,in regards to the time required to re enter an attacked area. The point is that there are many elements in the environment, calcium in bones being just one ,which have a longer half life which make the net "secondary radiation" last longer.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a little more specific. Are we back to the neutron bomb attack scenario? If so, it's a game changer on half life in the bones.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Actually, I think Louisiana is at the bottom and we are running in 5 th place. Is it wise to follow their example?
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Race to the bottom? Where the hell do you think we're at?
The easiest way for NC to get out of this hole is quit digging and put the damn shovel down.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Taxpayer wrote:
Senior military leader that Obama is using a new ‘litmus test’ in determining who will stay and who will go in his military leaders. The new test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.
Saw that a few weeks ago. He's terminated those who said no they would not fire on us citizens.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>The NC republikan governor, the NC republikan house and the NC republikan senate have been inspired by Bobby Jindal. They are determined that NC will be # 1 in the states of stupid. Governor McCory wants to UNC to teach welding instead of having those pesky "intellectual elites" teach achademics. He didn't explain what he wanted the community colleges to teach.
You can always exercise your freedom and move if you don't like what's happening...

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Come to Texas before you have to get a visa.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw that a few weeks ago. He's terminated those who said no they would not fire on us citizens.
Really.
Bakin Macon

Spring Lake, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Arnold on me being observant. All good things must come to an end and 36 months of growth has hit the skids along with the rise in unemployment. I notice you didn't address that issue. Maybe you can write Bobby Jindal another letter and ask him why.
Typical of a Republican to want to see the nation fail to cheer the latest unemployment figures.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,001 - 33,020 of54,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Charlotte, NC (Aug '10) 4 hr fed up 106
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 7 hr Timmy_ 4,822
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) 8 hr Walter 32
dog food 13 hr godsSon 7
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. Fri Sammy 1
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Jul 10 Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) Jul 10 Manny 225
•••
•••