Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TSF wrote:
The IAF had a GOVERNMENT that had purchased (with tax money) the antiquated ME 109 s that the Americans flew for the IAF. The ME 109 fired 50 mm cannons and rockets which far outclassed the tanks , cannons and automatic small arms of the advancing Egyptian army. Modern helicopter gunships, drones, guided missiles, aircraft, etc make the ME 109 look like a childs toy.
Besides that, only a few American civilians own ME 109s, Mustangs and a few old military jets. I have no doubt there would be a fight and maybe even a good standing. The chances of a favorable outcome of civilians against a modern military is not impossible but is very doubtful.
The use of neutron bombs would be the weapon probably most favored by invaders. It kills everything, even the chiggers and flies without damaging the infrastructure. Around two weeks later , when the radiation has dissipated (very short half lives for activated substances) you just move in , dispose of the carcasses and live happy ever after using the existing equipment
and cleared fields. The reason things cannot be like they used to be is because technology isn't what it used to be.
<quoted text>
TSF, I think you missed my point totally. I wasn't talking about all the planes used etc. BTW, my husband enjoyed the plane part of the video as he's a WWII plane buff. I was speaking to the fact, given limited resources, even though the old planes were bought with TAX money,(the IAF used them), the U.S. still has planes that if today the military was done away with that would be better than nothing and that TAX money would have purchased at some time before the military was done away with. I didn't say destroy the military ammo cache, tanks, bombs etc we have on hand, we'd have to use it.

The half life of the neutron bomb radiation actually is less than two weeks.

Here's a link I found about the neutron bomb and you're off just a smidge:

http://www.chemeurope.com/en/encyclopedia/Neu...

Anyway, you sell short what people can do with the will and limited resources.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that the average wage in Mexico is $4.15 per hour?
Illegal immigration is not a criminal matter but instead a social and economic one.
This was largely created by US policies like NAFTA and the so-called Drug War which have in the first place encouraged huge corporate agribusiness conglomerates to move in and set up vast industrial monoculture farms and destroy local farming economies.
And in the second place funded the emergence of huge, heavily armed and violent criminal drug gangs.
We have allowed the undocumented to be employed, attend our colleges and serve in our armed forces. So if we can work them, educate them and prepare them for war, then they damn sure ought to be allowed to vote. Being that it is we (US) who have created the very need for immigration reform.
Allen, I get your point, but you need to get mine. I didn't let them do any of this, my tax dollars spent by the government did and might I add without my permission. We don't need immigration reform, we need government reform by EVERYONE in Washington. There's a saying “what an English King has no right to demand, an English subject has a right to refuse”. Of course we're not in a British Colony but I believe the "king" to be the government and "subject" to be us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that the average wage in Mexico is $4.15 per hour?
Illegal immigration is not a criminal matter but instead a social and economic one.
This was largely created by US policies like NAFTA and the so-called Drug War which have in the first place encouraged huge corporate agribusiness conglomerates to move in and set up vast industrial monoculture farms and destroy local farming economies.
And in the second place funded the emergence of huge, heavily armed and violent criminal drug gangs.
We have allowed the undocumented to be employed, attend our colleges and serve in our armed forces. So if we can work them, educate them and prepare them for war, then they damn sure ought to be allowed to vote. Being that it is we (US) who have created the very need for immigration reform.
Allen, I just found this:

Obama also said that under his principles, a pathway to citizenship would include going through a background check, paying fines and back taxes, learning English, and going to the back of the line, meaning that they could not obtain citizenship until backlogs of legal immigrants are cleared.

This was just today. Sounds a little more than a socioeconomic problem to me, if you're to believe the president. I believe Obama is being referred to as the "Deporter-in-chief. We'll see.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I get your point, but you need to get mine. I didn't let them do any of this, my tax dollars spent by the government did and might I add without my permission. We don't need immigration reform, we need government reform by EVERYONE in Washington. There's a saying “what an English King has no right to demand, an English subject has a right to refuse”. Of course we're not in a British Colony but I believe the "king" to be the government and "subject" to be us.
Without your permission? Do you not vote?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Allen, I vote. I don't believe I was asked to vote on Obama Care, were you? I'm not asked to vote on raises that our elected officials give themselves, are you? I'm not asked to vote on how much welfare, medicaid, medicare or disability recepients get, are you? I'm not asked how much to spend on the military, are you? I don't remember being asked to vote on if it's okey dokey for undocumented workers to be in our country illegally and get the same benefits our citizens do, were you? Yes, many of these issues were done without my permission. I know the people I vote for are responsible for making these decisions, but don't you think the big item tickets may ought to get a "drive by ask about" by our elected officials and this would include the POTUS?
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I just found this:
Obama also said that under his principles, a pathway to citizenship would include going through a background check, paying fines and back taxes, learning English, and going to the back of the line, meaning that they could not obtain citizenship until backlogs of legal immigrants are cleared.
This was just today. Sounds a little more than a socioeconomic problem to me, if you're to believe the president. I believe Obama is being referred to as the "Deporter-in-chief. We'll see.
So what more could you ask for? Isn't deportation what you wanted? If you think that eleven million people are going to self deport because of fines, taxes, learning English or going to the back of the line then you will be sadly mistaken. As far as the background check we may see some deportation and even self deportation but, these people have come too far and worked too hard in this country to turn back now. Just as criminals can obtain guns, illegals can also just as easy obtain false documentaion. They have also sent money for years to their families in Mexico whom I have learned live like Kings. So fines and taxes should be no problem. They are family oriented, great managers of money and learn to speak English with no education far better and faster than the average American learns to speak Spanish. And they do this all the while being at the back of the line.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Good article. thanks. What is called "secondary radiation" in this link is what I refer to as activated radiation. Materials exposed to slow neutrons become radioactive by neutron capture. The captured neutron upsets the neutron to proton ratio in the nucleus , causing the nucleus to become unstable (radioactive). The metal in a tank refered to in the link would certainly become activated by neutron capture and would have a short half life so that it would be relatively safe to be in the tank within around 48 hours. However, other metals and elements that are activated by neutron capture have various half lives which are longer, therefore the generally accepted time to go in would be around two weeks to minimize exposure and give the victims time to die off. If one already has mutated genes and doesn't fear the cancer risk, you could go in within 3 or 4 days.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I think you missed my point totally. I wasn't talking about all the planes used etc. BTW, my husband enjoyed the plane part of the video as he's a WWII plane buff. I was speaking to the fact, given limited resources, even though the old planes were bought with TAX money,(the IAF used them), the U.S. still has planes that if today the military was done away with that would be better than nothing and that TAX money would have purchased at some time before the military was done away with. I didn't say destroy the military ammo cache, tanks, bombs etc we have on hand, we'd have to use it.
The half life of the neutron bomb radiation actually is less than two weeks.
Here's a link I found about the neutron bomb and you're off just a smidge:
http://www.chemeurope.com/en/encyclopedia/Neu...
Anyway, you sell short what people can do with the will and limited resources.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

You are correct. The ME 109 did have a 20 mm cannon, not 50 mm.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Let me help you with the correct terminology.That is,.50cal.MACHINE GUN, and,(for instance) 20mm CANNON......20MM being far superior to.50 cal. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons our heavy bombers got shot down so often (even though they had multiple.50 cal.machine guns), was that many of the German planes had 20mm cannons, which outdistanced the.50 cal.machine guns....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
So what more could you ask for? Isn't deportation what you wanted? If you think that eleven million people are going to self deport because of fines, taxes, learning English or going to the back of the line then you will be sadly mistaken. As far as the background check we may see some deportation and even self deportation but, these people have come too far and worked too hard in this country to turn back now. Just as criminals can obtain guns, illegals can also just as easy obtain false documentaion. They have also sent money for years to their families in Mexico whom I have learned live like Kings. So fines and taxes should be no problem. They are family oriented, great managers of money and learn to speak English with no education far better and faster than the average American learns to speak Spanish. And they do this all the while being at the back of the line.
Tell it to Obama, you voted for him didn't you??? If they can live like a king, why are they still here? Must be greedy republican Mexicans, isn't that what you guys call republicans "greedy"? Let them go on back and enjoy their kingdom while they're at the end of the line.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
You are correct. The ME 109 did have a 20 mm cannon, not 50 mm.
<quoted text>
For comparison, the Japanese Zero had two 20mm cannons, and two 7.7mm machine guns.It outgunned and outflew must American planes until 1942.
Pro Freedom

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You give that identifying information when you register to vote. Criminals CAN buy weapons legally. Just go to a local Gun show where no background information is required, and buy the gun, or all the guns that you want. Could it be any easier than this for criminals? You can also purchase a gun from a private individual without a background check. Why do you not want this to change, and criminals have easy access to any gun they want? The criminal having to buy a gun "illegally" doesn't hold water the way the current laws are set up now. How does every person purchasing a gun by any source with a required backgroung check infringe on your 2nd Amendment rights?
That’s bull shit every gun I have bought at a gun show has had a back ground check. People who say they don’t do back groun checks are just stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TSF wrote:
Good article. thanks. What is called "secondary radiation" in this link is what I refer to as activated radiation. Materials exposed to slow neutrons become radioactive by neutron capture. The captured neutron upsets the neutron to proton ratio in the nucleus , causing the nucleus to become unstable (radioactive). The metal in a tank refered to in the link would certainly become activated by neutron capture and would have a short half life so that it would be relatively safe to be in the tank within around 48 hours. However, other metals and elements that are activated by neutron capture have various half lives which are longer, therefore the generally accepted time to go in would be around two weeks to minimize exposure and give the victims time to die off. If one already has mutated genes and doesn't fear the cancer risk, you could go in within 3 or 4 days.
<quoted text>
Bacon and "geek" aren't two words you guys probably equate, but this is my area of "geeksville." I do believe while I was in school, I had to learn the half life of everything one could imagine and I knew your half life expectancy was off. Glad you enjoyed the article. Now you guys can go back to old airplanes; can't get my geek on about those.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Along the same lines as Bacon, has any representative from the state of NC come home to have town halls with their constituents to discuss the issues or bills that they may be voting on or do they say to hell with my constituents, the lobbyist pay better?
I for one wanted the govt to go over the "fiscal curb" but my representatives caved in and voted otherwise......which will be my choice as well in 2014!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Along the same lines as Bacon, has any representative from the state of NC come home to have town halls with their constituents to discuss the issues or bills that they may be voting on or do they say to hell with my constituents, the lobbyist pay better?
I for one wanted the govt to go over the "fiscal curb" but my representatives caved in and voted otherwise......which will be my choice as well in 2014!
You are are a heck of an American there, Pro.Surprisingly, I know a few liberals who wanted to go sailing over the fiscal cliff as well.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen, I know that this link might be outdated, but you might find it interesting. Surly the wages have gone up.http://www.worldsalaries.or g/mexico.shtml I checked this because I at one time worked with some Latinos in Florida. Absolutely, some of the finest people and not all came here because of money. America offered a lifestyle, for the lack of a better term, as a lady told me once.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Allen, I vote. I don't believe I was asked to vote on Obama Care, were you? I'm not asked to vote on raises that our elected officials give themselves, are you? I'm not asked to vote on how much welfare, medicaid, medicare or disability recepients get, are you? I'm not asked how much to spend on the military, are you? I don't remember being asked to vote on if it's okey dokey for undocumented workers to be in our country illegally and get the same benefits our citizens do, were you? Yes, many of these issues were done without my permission. I know the people I vote for are responsible for making these decisions, but don't you think the big item tickets may ought to get a "drive by ask about" by our elected officials and this would include the POTUS?
Sure I was ask to vote on all these things, with the exception of the raises that our elected officials gave themselves. That's what you got by voting. Weren't these issues what they campaigned and debated about? Not my fault you gave permission to your party and they lost. Better luck in 2016. Your party will need lots of it. Repub. Bobby Jendal called his own, the party of stupid and according to Ron White it can't be fixed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TSF wrote:
You are so wrong !!! You are also in denial of reality.
WE DEFINITELY HAVE A SPENDING PROBLEM, A REVENUE PROBLEM and A DEBT PROBLEM. If republikans are not serious about addressing those problems, they should stop whining about them .
Yes, democrats are advocating a continuation of expensive spending on social programs. If we ever get out of debt, they will have to give that up. Republikans will also have to give up the historically low taxes on income and capital gains.
There will be whining, wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth on both sides if this problem is REALLY addressed. If you support more spending or resist raising taxes, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM.
<quoted text>
You are delusional. Over the past 50 years, the tax revenue has remained the same, averaging about 18% of the GDP. During that same span, federal spending has increased from less than 20% to more than 25% of the GDP! The Commucrats like to blame the national defense but in '62 the defense expenditures were 50% of the budget, today it's 19%. What accounts for most of the federal spending? That's right, it's the Commucrat's precious entitlement programs! In '62, entitlement spending was 31% of the budget, today it's 62%! Medicare, Medicaid, & SS take take up 44% of the budget alone and even worse, these programs are the most rapidly growing spending areas of the govt! By denying these FACTS makes YOU and YOUR PARTY THE PROBLEM!
I take back what I said earlier, I now know the Commucrats are implementing the Cloward-Pivens strategy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I was ask to vote on all these things, with the exception of the raises that our elected officials gave themselves. That's what you got by voting. Weren't these issues what they campaigned and debated about? Not my fault you gave permission to your party and they lost. Better luck in 2016. Your party will need lots of it. Repub. Bobby Jendal called his own, the party of stupid and according to Ron White it can't be fixed.
Don't need luck for 2016, you guys can have anyone you want for president, give all your money away to entitlement programs you want and I won't be here, so it's not my problem. There's one thing I will bet on, all these people that are under the misconception that raising taxes on the rich will somehow make everything in the U.S. right, will only show that if you're still living here and I were to be living here, the rich will still be rich and the poor will still be poor.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell it to Obama, you voted for him didn't you??? If they can live like a king, why are they still here? Must be greedy republican Mexicans, isn't that what you guys call republicans "greedy"? Let them go on back and enjoy their kingdom while they're at the end of the line.
I notice you didn't answer my first two questions but, I will answer yours: Yes I told him when I voted for him as did the majority of this country "Go For It Brother". As far as being greedy, they are just taking care of their own. Isn't that what you have been suggesting all along. They are not so greedy that they would allow their families in Mexico to struggle and suffer in poverty.
Yeah

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Djs51 wrote:
Do IT...for the 'children'...
is how they pass it off......
2010 News Archives
12/16/10 - Report Shows Steady Decrease in Child Abuse and Neglect
12/10/10 - HHS Makes Available More Than $670 Million in Additional LIHEAP Funding
12/10/10 - HHS and the Department of Agriculture Joint Letter (PDF 116KB)
11/10/10 - National Survey of Early Care and Education
10/18/10 - ACF awards $1.1 million for National Resource Center serving abandoned infants
10/18/10 - ACF awards $2 million for Diligent Recruitment of Families for Children in the Foster Care System
10/08/10 - ACF awards $41.6 million to Native American communities and organizations
10/06/10 - ACF funds projects to improve access to Social Services and Income Maintenance Benefits Enrollment Coordination
10/06/10 - ACF awards $4.5 million for Family Violence Prevention Services
10/04/10 - ACF announces new Office of Child Care
10/01/10 - ACF awards grants to reduce long-term foster care
9/30/10 - HHS awards evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention grants
9/29/10 - ACF and HRSA award $3 million in Affordable Care Act funds for the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Grant Program
9/29/10 - ACF awards $1.87 million for National Autism Resource and Information Center
9/28/10 - HHS awards $27 million for the support of pregnant and parenting teens and women
9/27/10 - HHS awards $320 million to expand primary care workforce
9/21/10 - HHS Announces National Effort to Reshape and Raise Quality in Head Start Programs
9/20/10 - HHS releases $101 million in emergency funding to states for energy assistance
9/15/10 - HHS awards $39 million to states for increasing adoptions
9/10/10 - ACF awards over $7.5 million for Individual Development Account projects
7/30/10 - ACF Awards Grant Funding to American Samoa Communities and Organizations
7/30/10 - Funds Available for Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Evidence Based Education and Abstinence Programs
6/24/10 - ACF Partners with HRSA for the Tribal Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Grant Program
6/18/10 - Statement by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Regarding the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
6/10/10 - Announcing $90 million in Affordable Care Act Funding for Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Grants
6/10/10 - Over $1.8 Million Awarded for Individual Development Account Projects
6/10/10 - ACF Recognizes Refugee Resettlement Community Leaders
5/21/10 - Study: Building Strong Families Evaluation Suggests Stronger Approach is Needed
5/20/10 - ACF’s Joan Lombardi Receives Distinguished Service to Education Award
4/20/10 - ACF Employee Honored as 2010 IRMCO Award Recipient
4/05/10 - ACF Awards Over $1.8 Million for Individual Development Account Projects
4/01/10 - New Report Shows Child Maltreatment Decreased in 2008
3/24/10 - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Funds Available to States to Improve Participation in Summer Food Service Programs
3/08/10 - ACF Announces the Availability of $42 Million in Competitive Grant Funding for Native American Communities and Organizations
3/04/10 - Secretary Sebelius Announces Senate Confirmation of Lillian Sparks as Commissioner of the Administration for Native Americans
2/19/10 - Obama Administration Details Healthy Food Financing Initiative
1/21/10 - Temporary Assistance for Families Funds Available for Families Needing Short Term Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment Services
1/20/10 - HHS Releases $490 Million in Emergency Funding to States for Energy Assistance for Low-Income Families
1/13/10 - HHS Accelerates Head Start Quality Improvements and Submits Impact Study on 2002-2003 Head Start Programs
1/12/10 - HHS Provides an Additional $1.2 Billion to States to Help Low-Income Households with Energy Costs
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/news/press/2010/index....
Yeah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 13 min Ivy Shapiro 232
Shadra Jeane Wilson 3 hr In need of some info 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 6 hr akita96th 229
18 year old moving from CA to Charlotte? 9 hr ToEachIsOwn 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 9 hr Yep 5
Cmc Biddle Point 13 hr SeekingAdvise 1
i lost my love. Sun lost love 1
•••
•••