Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,647)

Showing posts 32,921 - 32,940 of49,451
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The IAF had a GOVERNMENT that had purchased (with tax money) the antiquated ME 109 s that the Americans flew for the IAF. The ME 109 fired 50 mm cannons and rockets which far outclassed the tanks , cannons and automatic small arms of the advancing Egyptian army. Modern helicopter gunships, drones, guided missiles, aircraft, etc make the ME 109 look like a childs toy.
Besides that, only a few American civilians own ME 109s, Mustangs and a few old military jets. I have no doubt there would be a fight and maybe even a good standing. The chances of a favorable outcome of civilians against a modern military is not impossible but is very doubtful.
The use of neutron bombs would be the weapon probably most favored by invaders. It kills everything, even the chiggers and flies without damaging the infrastructure. Around two weeks later , when the radiation has dissipated (very short half lives for activated substances) you just move in , dispose of the carcasses and live happy ever after using the existing equipment
and cleared fields. The reason things cannot be like they used to be is because technology isn't what it used to be.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not unrealistic. The military didn't stop the attacks on the WTC or the Twin Towers. I'd say we'd still have a stockpile of weapons to put a decent fight. Take the video you sent me the other night about the IAF. A few men in the air with those on the ground came out victorious. They were ex-military men and not even in their own country, but were willing to fight. We still have more than a few good men in this country, ex-military and the common man that would give whomever a pretty good run for their money. You think Taxpayer, Waco or even Seven would stand by without a fight? It's people like this that feel there's something worth fighting for, so one should never underestimate the common man, that's what's wrong with our country now.
If we're only armed with deer rifles, who's to blame?
Again, never underestimate the enemy even today with a health military, our ports are our weakest point of entry.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>AZ, if you purchase from a dealer IN the show, you must do the same paperwork as anywhere else. The problem is first, it's NOT illegal to sell your own firearm to a private person. I wish that were one "loophole" that would change. People selling out of the "trunk of their cars" I do not agree with.
Yes, I understand that, and I agree. I wish the shows were monitored by police to prevent from that happening. That is probably the place where many criminals purchase their guns. With that loophole closed, we will probably being seeing that type of enforcement.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't the same argument be used for voter registration? I don't understand how showing an ID, not even having a background check is considered discrimination; however, if you want to buy a gun, you have to give information, even your medical information and just maybe you can own a gun. I'm not talking about an assault weapon or whatever everybody is up in arms about. I'm talking about a gun, one for protection because criminals can get their guns illegally and some people do like to feel like they have at least some way to level the playing ground.
You can use the argument that voting doesn't kill people, but my argument is, make everyone have an ID and background check for everything or don't require one at all.
Did you know that the average wage in Mexico is $4.15 per hour?

Illegal immigration is not a criminal matter but instead a social and economic one.

This was largely created by US policies like NAFTA and the so-called Drug War which have in the first place encouraged huge corporate agribusiness conglomerates to move in and set up vast industrial monoculture farms and destroy local farming economies.
And in the second place funded the emergence of huge, heavily armed and violent criminal drug gangs.

We have allowed the undocumented to be employed, attend our colleges and serve in our armed forces. So if we can work them, educate them and prepare them for war, then they damn sure ought to be allowed to vote. Being that it is we (US) who have created the very need for immigration reform.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TSF wrote:
The IAF had a GOVERNMENT that had purchased (with tax money) the antiquated ME 109 s that the Americans flew for the IAF. The ME 109 fired 50 mm cannons and rockets which far outclassed the tanks , cannons and automatic small arms of the advancing Egyptian army. Modern helicopter gunships, drones, guided missiles, aircraft, etc make the ME 109 look like a childs toy.
Besides that, only a few American civilians own ME 109s, Mustangs and a few old military jets. I have no doubt there would be a fight and maybe even a gokod standing. The chances of a favorable outcome of civilians against a modern military is not impossible but is very doubtful.
The use of neutron bombs would be the weapon probably most favored by invaders. It kills everything, even the chiggers and flies without damaging the infrastructure. Around two weeks later , when the radiation has dissipated (very short half lives for activated substances) you just move in , dispose of the carcasses and live happy ever after using the existing equipment
and cleared fields. The reason things cannot be like they used to be is because technology isn't what it used to be.
<quoted text>
Let me help you with the correct terminology.That is,.50cal.MACHINE GUN, and,(for instance) 20mm CANNON......20MM being far superior to.50 cal. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons our heavy bombers got shot down so often (even though they had multiple.50 cal.machine guns), was that many of the German planes had 20mm cannons, which outdistanced the.50 cal.machine guns....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TSF wrote:
Besides that, only a few American civilians own ME 109s, Mustangs and a few old military jets. I have no doubt there would be a fight and maybe even a good standing. The chances of a favorable outcome of civilians against a modern military is not impossible but is very doubtful.
<quoted text>
TSF, I think you missed my point totally. I wasn't talking about all the planes used etc. BTW, my husband enjoyed the plane part of the video as he's a WWII plane buff. I was speaking to the fact, given limited resources, even though the old planes were bought with TAX money,(the IAF used them), the U.S. still has planes that if today the military was done away with that would be better than nothing and that TAX money would have purchased at some time before the military was done away with. I didn't say destroy the military ammo cache, tanks, bombs etc we have on hand, we'd have to use it.

The half life of the neutron bomb radiation actually is less than two weeks.

Here's a link I found about the neutron bomb and you're off just a smidge:

http://www.chemeurope.com/en/encyclopedia/Neu...

Anyway, you sell short what people can do with the will and limited resources.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal immigration is not a criminal matter but instead a social and economic one.
This was largely created by US policies like NAFTA and the so-called Drug War which have in the first place encouraged huge corporate agribusiness conglomerates to move in and set up vast industrial monoculture farms and destroy local farming economies.
And in the second place funded the emergence of huge, heavily armed and violent criminal drug gangs.
We have allowed the undocumented to be employed, attend our colleges and serve in our armed forces. So if we can work them, educate them and prepare them for war, then they damn sure ought to be allowed to vote. Being that it is we (US) who have created the very need for immigration reform.
Allen, I get your point, but you need to get mine. I didn't let them do any of this, my tax dollars spent by the government did and might I add without my permission. We don't need immigration reform, we need government reform by EVERYONE in Washington. There's a saying “what an English King has no right to demand, an English subject has a right to refuse”. Of course we're not in a British Colony but I believe the "king" to be the government and "subject" to be us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I just found this:

Obama also said that under his principles, a pathway to citizenship would include going through a background check, paying fines and back taxes, learning English, and going to the back of the line, meaning that they could not obtain citizenship until backlogs of legal immigrants are cleared.

This was just today. Sounds a little more than a socioeconomic problem to me, if you're to believe the president. I believe Obama is being referred to as the "Deporter-in-chief. We'll see.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I get your point, but you need to get mine. I didn't let them do any of this, my tax dollars spent by the government did and might I add without my permission. We don't need immigration reform, we need government reform by EVERYONE in Washington. There's a saying “what an English King has no right to demand, an English subject has a right to refuse”. Of course we're not in a British Colony but I believe the "king" to be the government and "subject" to be us.
Without your permission? Do you not vote?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Allen, I vote. I don't believe I was asked to vote on Obama Care, were you? I'm not asked to vote on raises that our elected officials give themselves, are you? I'm not asked to vote on how much welfare, medicaid, medicare or disability recepients get, are you? I'm not asked how much to spend on the military, are you? I don't remember being asked to vote on if it's okey dokey for undocumented workers to be in our country illegally and get the same benefits our citizens do, were you? Yes, many of these issues were done without my permission. I know the people I vote for are responsible for making these decisions, but don't you think the big item tickets may ought to get a "drive by ask about" by our elected officials and this would include the POTUS?
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I just found this:
Obama also said that under his principles, a pathway to citizenship would include going through a background check, paying fines and back taxes, learning English, and going to the back of the line, meaning that they could not obtain citizenship until backlogs of legal immigrants are cleared.
This was just today. Sounds a little more than a socioeconomic problem to me, if you're to believe the president. I believe Obama is being referred to as the "Deporter-in-chief. We'll see.
So what more could you ask for? Isn't deportation what you wanted? If you think that eleven million people are going to self deport because of fines, taxes, learning English or going to the back of the line then you will be sadly mistaken. As far as the background check we may see some deportation and even self deportation but, these people have come too far and worked too hard in this country to turn back now. Just as criminals can obtain guns, illegals can also just as easy obtain false documentaion. They have also sent money for years to their families in Mexico whom I have learned live like Kings. So fines and taxes should be no problem. They are family oriented, great managers of money and learn to speak English with no education far better and faster than the average American learns to speak Spanish. And they do this all the while being at the back of the line.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Good article. thanks. What is called "secondary radiation" in this link is what I refer to as activated radiation. Materials exposed to slow neutrons become radioactive by neutron capture. The captured neutron upsets the neutron to proton ratio in the nucleus , causing the nucleus to become unstable (radioactive). The metal in a tank refered to in the link would certainly become activated by neutron capture and would have a short half life so that it would be relatively safe to be in the tank within around 48 hours. However, other metals and elements that are activated by neutron capture have various half lives which are longer, therefore the generally accepted time to go in would be around two weeks to minimize exposure and give the victims time to die off. If one already has mutated genes and doesn't fear the cancer risk, you could go in within 3 or 4 days.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I think you missed my point totally. I wasn't talking about all the planes used etc. BTW, my husband enjoyed the plane part of the video as he's a WWII plane buff. I was speaking to the fact, given limited resources, even though the old planes were bought with TAX money,(the IAF used them), the U.S. still has planes that if today the military was done away with that would be better than nothing and that TAX money would have purchased at some time before the military was done away with. I didn't say destroy the military ammo cache, tanks, bombs etc we have on hand, we'd have to use it.
The half life of the neutron bomb radiation actually is less than two weeks.
Here's a link I found about the neutron bomb and you're off just a smidge:
http://www.chemeurope.com/en/encyclopedia/Neu...
Anyway, you sell short what people can do with the will and limited resources.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

You are correct. The ME 109 did have a 20 mm cannon, not 50 mm.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Let me help you with the correct terminology.That is,.50cal.MACHINE GUN, and,(for instance) 20mm CANNON......20MM being far superior to.50 cal. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons our heavy bombers got shot down so often (even though they had multiple.50 cal.machine guns), was that many of the German planes had 20mm cannons, which outdistanced the.50 cal.machine guns....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
So what more could you ask for? Isn't deportation what you wanted? If you think that eleven million people are going to self deport because of fines, taxes, learning English or going to the back of the line then you will be sadly mistaken. As far as the background check we may see some deportation and even self deportation but, these people have come too far and worked too hard in this country to turn back now. Just as criminals can obtain guns, illegals can also just as easy obtain false documentaion. They have also sent money for years to their families in Mexico whom I have learned live like Kings. So fines and taxes should be no problem. They are family oriented, great managers of money and learn to speak English with no education far better and faster than the average American learns to speak Spanish. And they do this all the while being at the back of the line.
Tell it to Obama, you voted for him didn't you??? If they can live like a king, why are they still here? Must be greedy republican Mexicans, isn't that what you guys call republicans "greedy"? Let them go on back and enjoy their kingdom while they're at the end of the line.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
You are correct. The ME 109 did have a 20 mm cannon, not 50 mm.
<quoted text>
For comparison, the Japanese Zero had two 20mm cannons, and two 7.7mm machine guns.It outgunned and outflew must American planes until 1942.
Pro Freedom

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You give that identifying information when you register to vote. Criminals CAN buy weapons legally. Just go to a local Gun show where no background information is required, and buy the gun, or all the guns that you want. Could it be any easier than this for criminals? You can also purchase a gun from a private individual without a background check. Why do you not want this to change, and criminals have easy access to any gun they want? The criminal having to buy a gun "illegally" doesn't hold water the way the current laws are set up now. How does every person purchasing a gun by any source with a required backgroung check infringe on your 2nd Amendment rights?
That’s bull shit every gun I have bought at a gun show has had a back ground check. People who say they don’t do back groun checks are just stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

TSF wrote:
Good article. thanks. What is called "secondary radiation" in this link is what I refer to as activated radiation. Materials exposed to slow neutrons become radioactive by neutron capture. The captured neutron upsets the neutron to proton ratio in the nucleus , causing the nucleus to become unstable (radioactive). The metal in a tank refered to in the link would certainly become activated by neutron capture and would have a short half life so that it would be relatively safe to be in the tank within around 48 hours. However, other metals and elements that are activated by neutron capture have various half lives which are longer, therefore the generally accepted time to go in would be around two weeks to minimize exposure and give the victims time to die off. If one already has mutated genes and doesn't fear the cancer risk, you could go in within 3 or 4 days.
<quoted text>
Bacon and "geek" aren't two words you guys probably equate, but this is my area of "geeksville." I do believe while I was in school, I had to learn the half life of everything one could imagine and I knew your half life expectancy was off. Glad you enjoyed the article. Now you guys can go back to old airplanes; can't get my geek on about those.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Along the same lines as Bacon, has any representative from the state of NC come home to have town halls with their constituents to discuss the issues or bills that they may be voting on or do they say to hell with my constituents, the lobbyist pay better?
I for one wanted the govt to go over the "fiscal curb" but my representatives caved in and voted otherwise......which will be my choice as well in 2014!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Along the same lines as Bacon, has any representative from the state of NC come home to have town halls with their constituents to discuss the issues or bills that they may be voting on or do they say to hell with my constituents, the lobbyist pay better?
I for one wanted the govt to go over the "fiscal curb" but my representatives caved in and voted otherwise......which will be my choice as well in 2014!
You are are a heck of an American there, Pro.Surprisingly, I know a few liberals who wanted to go sailing over the fiscal cliff as well.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Allen, I know that this link might be outdated, but you might find it interesting. Surly the wages have gone up.http://www.worldsalaries.or g/mexico.shtml I checked this because I at one time worked with some Latinos in Florida. Absolutely, some of the finest people and not all came here because of money. America offered a lifestyle, for the lack of a better term, as a lady told me once.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Allen, I vote. I don't believe I was asked to vote on Obama Care, were you? I'm not asked to vote on raises that our elected officials give themselves, are you? I'm not asked to vote on how much welfare, medicaid, medicare or disability recepients get, are you? I'm not asked how much to spend on the military, are you? I don't remember being asked to vote on if it's okey dokey for undocumented workers to be in our country illegally and get the same benefits our citizens do, were you? Yes, many of these issues were done without my permission. I know the people I vote for are responsible for making these decisions, but don't you think the big item tickets may ought to get a "drive by ask about" by our elected officials and this would include the POTUS?
Sure I was ask to vote on all these things, with the exception of the raises that our elected officials gave themselves. That's what you got by voting. Weren't these issues what they campaigned and debated about? Not my fault you gave permission to your party and they lost. Better luck in 2016. Your party will need lots of it. Repub. Bobby Jendal called his own, the party of stupid and according to Ron White it can't be fixed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,921 - 32,940 of49,451
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 6 hr NorthernLights 4,790
black on black crime (Sep '13) 20 hr thetiming 11
Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's (Mar '13) 22 hr David Alan 2
Saving Money on Ebay School, work & Christmas (Jul '13) Fri yes 4
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Apr 17 James Jeffers 39
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Apr 16 Buff Aloe 27
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Apr 16 nyc2nc 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••