Comments
32,741 - 32,760 of 55,800 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33965
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TSF wrote:
This is part of the republikan rational for abandoning public education to lower taxes on the rich. Since teachers teach, but some unmotivated students don't learn,just let their ignorant parents educate the little darlings. That should increase the republikan voter base.(:
<quoted text>
The Commucrats rational for expanding public education is so they can raise taxes even more on the rich. Since some teachers fail at teaching, and it's ok because they're protected by the unions, and some unmotivated students don't learn because the teachers can't motivate them, lets blame the ignorant parents....the same ignorant parents that came through our failed govt schools that didn't learn shit when they were here. By failing to educate the kids, generation after generation will only learn to rely on the govt instead of themselves, thus increasing the Commucrat's voter base ten fold.:)

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33966
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you do not understand how your influence compromised their free will. Free will is not black and white.
You clearly brainwashed them to think as you do for the most part.

Emotions should be listened to, but not relied upon as if not possibly faulty. You seem to rely on your instinct for seperation of others not like yourself.
You do just as the apes of today do. They segregate themselves from other tribes.
You fail to use the logic man has to understand that those who do not look like yourself are still humans and are good to work and play together with.

I see you cannot even remember what you claim from one post to the next.
Note this statement by you here;They did have "black" friends while they played sports.
Now on my next post, I will show the contradiction.
This should help point out how you brainwash and are ignorant of it.
Listen man, just stop. You are not an expert on everything. You're not going to guilt trip me into some coward rationale you concocted. Strictly your opinion on how my wife and I raised OUR kids. Not yours. I asked for an address long time ago to send you a bill and you renig'd that idea claiming it was my problem. You don't have a say now.

What my wife and I did do, was raise them to be self sufficient and not codependent on anyone or anything.

Which, individual responsibility, goes against all democrat principals. Easier for you to play the victim card, like AZ, instead of being productive. Easier to hand the $20 dollar bill over than fight to defend something that was never theirs to take.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33967
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The Commucrats rational for expanding public education is so they can raise taxes even more on the rich. Since some teachers fail at teaching, and it's ok because they're protected by the unions, and some unmotivated students don't learn because the teachers can't motivate them, lets blame the ignorant parents....the same ignorant parents that came through our failed govt schools that didn't learn shit when they were here. By failing to educate the kids, generation after generation will only learn to rely on the govt instead of themselves, thus increasing the Commucrat's voter base ten fold.:)
TEACHERS in Texas aren't protected by unions.Kids fail proficiency tests here, teachers get fired.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33968
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

TSF wrote:
This is part of the republikan rational for abandoning public education to lower taxes on the rich. Since teachers teach, but some unmotivated students don't learn,just let their ignorant parents educate the little darlings. That should increase the republikan voter base.(:
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm no "snoot" or other names that are thrown around at people who decide that maybe "government" everything isn't always the best answer to every problem. I'll assure you again, I pay my taxes and darn plenty and just finished paying our estimates on 01/15, so don't preach to me about lowering the tax rate. I paid taxes for public schools and also I paid private school tuition for my child. You can make off the cuff remarks alluding to the fact that Republicans are ignorant, but this ignorant Republican sent her child to a private school and she's now doing her surgical clinicals. She'll probably have children one day and increase the Republican base, but if they work their butts off like she has, they'll at least be contributing members of society not sponges. I've never had a problem with my tax dollars being spent on a voucher system to help children of all races and socio-economic backgrounds receive more intensive and better quality of education. Do you have a problem with the voucher system? Private schools don't have to play the tenure game that public schools do. If teachers in a private school fail to produce students a cut above of going to school free they're not kept on until they're in they're in their 70's because they have tenure, they're shown the door. I don't have a problem with home schooling. As I have stated before and I'm always posted back, "the examples you give are the exception, not the rule for home schooled children." I'd still put a home schooled child up against a public school educated child even if their parents might be "ignorant". Looks to me the public school teachers can't motivate the children to learn, are allowed no control over their classrooms, and look at the list Arnold gave of what he tries to do just to get a kid to school and the parents motivated and they still don't come to school, thus they'll be ignorant just like their parents that don't care. I don't blame Arnold for this Lord knows he's paid his dues, but you blame the Republicans for at least trying a different approach by calling them "ignorant." At least a home schooled child's parents care enough to take the time and attention to attempt to educate their children. Does that make them "ignorant", sounds like they're pretty smart to me, because they've learned the first lesson, you can't teach a child if they're nowhere to be found.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33969
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> TEACHERS in Texas aren't protected by unions.Kids fail proficiency tests here, teachers get fired.
Teachers in NC aren't either but when budget cuts are instituted, they'll keep the under performing teachers because they have tenure and let go the new, young, energized teachers because they don't. In most private businesses today, seniority means nothing until its vacation time, everything else is performance based.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33970
Jan 30, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm no "snoot" or other names that are thrown around at people who decide that maybe "government" everything isn't always the best answer to every problem. I'll assure you again, I pay my taxes and darn plenty and just finished paying our estimates on 01/15, so don't preach to me about lowering the tax rate. I paid taxes for public schools and also I paid private school tuition for my child. You can make off the cuff remarks alluding to the fact that Republicans are ignorant, but this ignorant Republican sent her child to a private school and she's now doing her surgical clinicals. She'll probably have children one day and increase the Republican base, but if they work their butts off like she has, they'll at least be contributing members of society not sponges. I've never had a problem with my tax dollars being spent on a voucher system to help children of all races and socio-economic backgrounds receive more intensive and better quality of education. Do you have a problem with the voucher system? Private schools don't have to play the tenure game that public schools do. If teachers in a private school fail to produce students a cut above of going to school free they're not kept on until they're in they're in their 70's because they have tenure, they're shown the door. I don't have a problem with home schooling. As I have stated before and I'm always posted back, "the examples you give are the exception, not the rule for home schooled children." I'd still put a home schooled child up against a public school educated child even if their parents might be "ignorant". Looks to me the public school teachers can't motivate the children to learn, are allowed no control over their classrooms, and look at the list Arnold gave of what he tries to do just to get a kid to school and the parents motivated and they still don't come to school, thus they'll be ignorant just like their parents that don't care. I don't blame Arnold for this Lord knows he's paid his dues, but you blame the Republicans for at least trying a different approach by calling them "ignorant." At least a home schooled child's parents care enough to take the time and attention to attempt to educate their children. Does that make them "ignorant", sounds like they're pretty smart to me, because they've learned the first lesson, you can't teach a child if they're nowhere to be found.
Here Here
Well said!
Jen

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33971
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm no "snoot" or other names that are thrown around at people who decide that maybe "government" everything isn't always the best answer to every problem. I'll assure you again, I pay my taxes and darn plenty and just finished paying our estimates on 01/15, so don't preach to me about lowering the tax rate. I paid taxes for public schools and also I paid private school tuition for my child. You can make off the cuff remarks alluding to the fact that Republicans are ignorant, but this ignorant Republican sent her child to a private school and she's now doing her surgical clinicals. She'll probably have children one day and increase the Republican base, but if they work their butts off like she has, they'll at least be contributing members of society not sponges. I've never had a problem with my tax dollars being spent on a voucher system to help children of all races and socio-economic backgrounds receive more intensive and better quality of education. Do you have a problem with the voucher system? Private schools don't have to play the tenure game that public schools do. If teachers in a private school fail to produce students a cut above of going to school free they're not kept on until they're in they're in their 70's because they have tenure, they're shown the door. I don't have a problem with home schooling. As I have stated before and I'm always posted back, "the examples you give are the exception, not the rule for home schooled children." I'd still put a home schooled child up against a public school educated child even if their parents might be "ignorant". Looks to me the public school teachers can't motivate the children to learn, are allowed no control over their classrooms, and look at the list Arnold gave of what he tries to do just to get a kid to school and the parents motivated and they still don't come to school, thus they'll be ignorant just like their parents that don't care. I don't blame Arnold for this Lord knows he's paid his dues, but you blame the Republicans for at least trying a different approach by calling them "ignorant." At least a home schooled child's parents care enough to take the time and attention to attempt to educate their children. Does that make them "ignorant", sounds like they're pretty smart to me, because they've learned the first lesson, you can't teach a child if they're nowhere to be found.
Speaking of home schooling. I know a lady who Home Schools her two boys. One is in 1st grade and the other is in 3rd grade. I asked her a question the other day about the type of curriculum she teaches. She said, that her Children learn through playing 80% of the time and the other 20% is School work. I expanded my curiosity and asked, how many tests do they take. She replied and said, that her Children have not taken ANY tests as of yet, as to know what they have learned. When they do Science, there are NO quizzes or weekly tests. She said, next year her then, 4th grader will start taking tests.
Now can anyone tell me, how this is effective learning? I was shocked to say the least, that these home schooled kids have no clue about what they have learned. If they were put into public school, I feel very certain that they would be so far behind. Learning through 80% of play? It should be the other way around. 20% of play and 80% of learning.
Mr Anderson

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33972
Jan 30, 2013
 
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33973
Jan 30, 2013
 

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33974
Jan 30, 2013
 
Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of home schooling. I know a lady who Home Schools her two boys. One is in 1st grade and the other is in 3rd grade. I asked her a question the other day about the type of curriculum she teaches. She said, that her Children learn through playing 80% of the time and the other 20% is School work. I expanded my curiosity and asked, how many tests do they take. She replied and said, that her Children have not taken ANY tests as of yet, as to know what they have learned. When they do Science, there are NO quizzes or weekly tests. She said, next year her then, 4th grader will start taking tests.
Now can anyone tell me, how this is effective learning? I was shocked to say the least, that these home schooled kids have no clue about what they have learned. If they were put into public school, I feel very certain that they would be so far behind. Learning through 80% of play? It should be the other way around. 20% of play and 80% of learning.
Jen, I can't speak to the laws regarding home schooling in FL and I don't know everything there is to know about NC home schooling laws. I do know in N.C., paperwork must be requested and sent from Raleigh about testing that is required and must be sent to them for grading. The work of the children has to be shown. This includes science and history projects etc. Home schooled children are allowed to utilize the public school system for testing such as EOG testing, PSAT/SAT/ACT, driver's education and if a parent feels their child could have a learning disability, they too can be tested thru the public school system. I don't know about the lady you were speaking with but she is doing her children a great disservice if she considers 80% playing an education. The parents I know that home school are committed and have to be, it takes a great deal of time if you're vested in the process and you want your children to attend college upon receiving their high school diploma. Home schooling is not for everyone and maybe shouldn't be for the lady you spoke of, but it's an alternative that if worked correctly can be as beneficial as a public or private school education.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33975
Jan 30, 2013
 
Jen, by the way, in the state of N.C. children are not allowed to wait until the 4th grade to take tests. Gee, if that were the case all kids would want to be home schooled :)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33976
Jan 30, 2013
 
One more thing Jen, I found this site about the rules of home schooling in N.C.

http://www.ncdnpe.org/hhh103.aspx

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33977
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Teachers in NC aren't either but when budget cuts are instituted, they'll keep the under performing teachers because they have tenure and let go the new, young, energized teachers because they don't. In most private businesses today, seniority means nothing until its vacation time, everything else is performance based.
Teacher pay raises are also tied to how well their students measure up.That's the way it should be.That's in Texas.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33978
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Jen wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of home schooling. I know a lady who Home Schools her two boys. One is in 1st grade and the other is in 3rd grade. I asked her a question the other day about the type of curriculum she teaches. She said, that her Children learn through playing 80% of the time and the other 20% is School work. I expanded my curiosity and asked, how many tests do they take. She replied and said, that her Children have not taken ANY tests as of yet, as to know what they have learned. When they do Science, there are NO quizzes or weekly tests. She said, next year her then, 4th grader will start taking tests.
Now can anyone tell me, how this is effective learning? I was shocked to say the least, that these home schooled kids have no clue about what they have learned. If they were put into public school, I feel very certain that they would be so far behind. Learning through 80% of play? It should be the other way around. 20% of play and 80% of learning.
Not knowing the woman or her children, maybe by failing to teach them anything, she's raising them to be future loyal voters of the Commucrat Party. Maybe she'll increase the curriculum next year and by the time they reach 6th grade they'll be we'll ahead of govt school 10th graders, thus raising them to be future loyal voters of the Republican Party.
Jen

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33979
Jan 30, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
Jen, by the way, in the state of N.C. children are not allowed to wait until the 4th grade to take tests. Gee, if that were the case all kids would want to be home schooled :)
I was so shocked after she told me this. I thought, "poor kids"! I have never heard of learning through 80% of play before, have you?
I think home schooling can be for most people, but it's the parents responsibility to make sure it's done properly. You know as well as I do, that this mother had to take tests when she was in school. It makes no sense to me.:)
Jen

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33980
Jan 30, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
One more thing Jen, I found this site about the rules of home schooling in N.C.
http://www.ncdnpe.org/hhh103.aspx
I'm not in Florida. I'm more local. Sorry for the confusion.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33981
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

To home-school their kids is a choice for all who wish to do so.Certainly, in my own case, I would have preferred home-schooling, but my mother was already working two jobs.
Jen

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33982
Jan 30, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Not knowing the woman or her children, maybe by failing to teach them anything, she's raising them to be future loyal voters of the Commucrat Party. Maybe she'll increase the curriculum next year and by the time they reach 6th grade they'll be we'll ahead of govt school 10th graders, thus raising them to be future loyal voters of the Republican Party.
The kids stay home a lot and not much interaction with other kids there age. There are many private schools here and when you are in K-5 you are doing basic adding and subtracting. I often wonder, what level her kids are really on. I feel sorry for them, I really do. Your post is comical and I needed a good laugh!
Jen

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33983
Jan 30, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
To home-school their kids is a choice for all who wish to do so.Certainly, in my own case, I would have preferred home-schooling, but my mother was already working two jobs.
I think home schooling would have been fun, but I don't think it was around in the 70's. Having lots of siblings would make it fun too.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33984
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Not knowing the woman or her children, maybe by failing to teach them anything, she's raising them to be future loyal voters of the Commucrat Party. Maybe she'll increase the curriculum next year and by the time they reach 6th grade they'll be we'll ahead of govt school 10th graders, thus raising them to be future loyal voters of the Republican Party.
Attaboy, tiger!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 4 hr I Hate Syracuse 227
Belmont poised to extend bike trails at Rocky B... Tue JLo 2
Dog food and meds Tue bulldog 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Tue Timmy_ 4,826
Pastor accused of abuse (Mar '12) Tue Concerned 8
Welcome To The End Of The World Tue WebPreach 1
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Jul 21 north 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••