Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrat = sympathizer
Just like the men folk who have sympathetic "labor pains"
Any man, in Texas, democrat or not, who has"sympathetic labor pains", would be well advised to keep that little nugget of information, to themselves...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

TSF wrote:
Yes, the article was written by a teacher, as I clearly stated.
Yes, learning is the responsibility of students and their parents.
Perhaps you have heard that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. The Asian students as a group are learning and performing at high levels in the same schools that black and caucasian students as a group perform at a lower level. They have the same teachers, so what makes the difference? Its attitude, attitude, attitude. The asian parents have taught their children that learning is an investment in their own future and that failing to learn and failing to achieve damages their future prospects. The others have parents who make up excuses for their child, blaming any failure on the schools, the teacher, liberals, the boogy man, anyone but the actual persons responsible--the failing child and his parent.
<quoted text>
So we have learned that black and Caucasian parents/students have bad attitudes, thanks for the info.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Funny how if Bacon, TEW, Silver, or myself had made these accusations we would be called racists!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So your mother used fear to control you. I see. I can see how you are to ignorant to understand the relationship of terrorism useing fear to control.
Bush was well versed in this use of fear mongering to control. Now build a bunker because the color coded warnings are flashing in your head.
Mike, the reason you're not taken seriously is because you can never be unbiased. You had to have read all the posts by Arnold, TSF, Allen, Waco and me about how we got whippings and Allen and I were very explicit in how whippings scared us. Why did you only respond to my post when everyone else laughed about getting whippings at home and at school, might I add, and somehow I'm the one to come out too ignorant to understand the relationship of terrorism using fear control? Hell, the rest of got a college education and don't sling beer for a living. Now why don't you crawl out of your parents' basement, take off your tinfoil hat and get into the real world. You call the Republicans the party of "no", you're the party of "bias", no different, just a different name.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't attack and kill over 3000 people on 9/11, terrorist did.
Only faulting Hillary like you fault bush.
The embassy had security, in tripoli. The consulate, in Benghazi, is a tad different in mission and it is the state dept responsibility to provide security for consulates.
Who was in charge of the state dept?
Hillary Clinton.
Was there no Marine Expeditionay Unit on float in the Med, was there no carrier battle group on station in the Med, not one SEAL team or Delta platoon on stand by, ready to be deployed, for when help is called for?
Perhaps your teammates are incapable of determining what is and is not a viable threat?
was their not two different bases around NY? Was their not an entire atlantic fleet hangin around? was there not over 140 F-22 raptors that are on call 24/7 to shoot down planes? was there not an entire military force which should be constantly ready to defend America and her citizens from threats like the one of 9/11? who was the head of the country at that time of Sept 2001? o ya it was Obama.
hijacked planes are not a threat excuse me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So we have learned that black and Caucasian parents/students have bad attitudes, thanks for the info.
First it was the fact black students didn't have a "daddy" at home, now it's attitude, attitude, attitude. I can't keep up with how many excuses one can give for why our children fail before we start looking at those who educate them. The article clearly stated the children were given every tool needed that the asians I'm sure have access to and the teacher by his own admission seemed to be on top of what was going on educationally, so what's the reason: "daddy ain't here, all kids except the asians are lazy, attitude, attitude, attitude, teacher's not doing her job and my favorite is always we don't give enough money to the educational system." When we're giving at no charge to children all the necessary modern "gizmos" to enhance the learning process and they're still not learning, what's the problem in our country? I don't know TSF's age, but he seems pretty good in the math department. I bet he could take kids WITHOUT anything more than a blackboard, maybe a calculator and teach them just as well. Our education system has gotten away from the art of "teaching" and it's showing and I don't know what to do about "daddy not being home."

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
Funny how if Bacon, TEW, Silver, or myself had made these accusations we would be called racists!
Anyone pointing out cultural differences these days runs the risk of being called"racist".Asian , Pakistani, and Indian kids frequently are better students, because they know that saying"everyone is a winner"is horse hockey.These kids are raised to COMPETE! Our kids don't have that urge to succeed, in large part because they are used to getting what they want QUICKLY, without having to"strive".This is the parents task, to teach their kids that with work, comes success.In America today, where parents are"friends"with their kids, kids learn little of value.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Some kids lack motivation. We call parents regularly and report their current state to them. When a parent is called and a kid continues to fail to bring in homework, make effort in their work, and cause disruptions in the classroom, we continue to do our job and attempt to teach them. We report to the administration and all the discipline measures they come up with also many times do not work. Requested parent conferences very seldom are attended by many parents. You can fire one of your employees, but we can't fire any student. The struggle continues on. Maybe you have some suggestions.
Yeah, call Mike's parents and tell them to get him out of the basement that he's failing terribly. Tell them to take away his tinfoil hat, psychology magazines, cable TV and that he needs to attend a real institution of learning.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

American culture values the trappings of success, without instilling the will to work for that success.To be a great student, requires sacrifices.At the very least, some social sacrifices.Hard to stay on"twitter"all day, or run around with your friends, when you are studying all the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone pointing out cultural differences these days runs the risk of being called"racist".Asian , Pakistani, and Indian kids frequently are better students, because they know that saying"everyone is a winner"is horse hockey.These kids are raised to COMPETE! Our kids don't have that urge to succeed, in large part because they are used to getting what they want QUICKLY, without having to"strive".This is the parents task, to teach their kids that with work, comes success.In America today, where parents are"friends"with their kids, kids learn little of value.
Here Here

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/business/gl... Americans have had more exposure to free-market principles.“Young Americans were brought up in a commercial environment,” said Neng Zhao, 28, a senior associate at Blue Oak Capital, a private equity firm based in Beijing.“We weren’t. So the workplace is a unique learning process for my generation.” Great article shows the differences in "learning" between cultures.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
American culture values the trappings of success, without instilling the will to work for that success.To be a great student, requires sacrifices.At the very least, some social sacrifices.Hard to stay on"twitter"all day, or run around with your friends, when you are studying all the time.
Again, Here Here
Damn, you're on a roll today!!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Some of the smartest kids in school, when I was in school, were subjected to the must vicious bullying imaginable, as these kids were often not socially"accepted".B ack when I was in school, bullying was totally ignored.The only time I saw one of the"smart"kids fight back, the kid was expelled.Popularity, even back then, was more important than making good grades.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

This is part of the republikan rational for abandoning public education to lower taxes on the rich. Since teachers teach, but some unmotivated students don't learn,just let their ignorant parents educate the little darlings. That should increase the republikan voter base.(:
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
First it was the fact black students didn't have a "daddy" at home, now it's attitude, attitude, attitude. I can't keep up with how many excuses one can give for why our children fail before we start looking at those who educate them. The article clearly stated the children were given every tool needed that the asians I'm sure have access to and the teacher by his own admission seemed to be on top of what was going on educationally, so what's the reason: "daddy ain't here, all kids except the asians are lazy, attitude, attitude, attitude, teacher's not doing her job and my favorite is always we don't give enough money to the educational system." When we're giving at no charge to children all the necessary modern "gizmos" to enhance the learning process and they're still not learning, what's the problem in our country? I don't know TSF's age, but he seems pretty good in the math department. I bet he could take kids WITHOUT anything more than a blackboard, maybe a calculator and teach them just as well. Our education system has gotten away from the art of "teaching" and it's showing and I don't know what to do about "daddy not being home."

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

TSF wrote:
This is part of the republikan rational for abandoning public education to lower taxes on the rich. Since teachers teach, but some unmotivated students don't learn,just let their ignorant parents educate the little darlings. That should increase the republikan voter base.(:
<quoted text>
Aryeh Eller, New York Teacher Removed From Classroom For Sexual Harassment, Paid Nearly $1 Million To Do Nothing huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/aryeh-eller-new... The sad part is he admitted to the harassment. No, teachers don't need to be evaluated.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

That still happens today. I suppose the group bully motivation is to lower performance so standards and expectations will be lowered.
My grandchild recently came home crying about being bullied and called a geek. I told him to ignore them as much as possible because when they grow up the ignorant little bastards will be working for geeks.
waco1909 wrote:
Some of the smartest kids in school, when I was in school, were subjected to the must vicious bullying imaginable, as these kids were often not socially"accepted".B ack when I was in school, bullying was totally ignored.The only time I saw one of the"smart"kids fight back, the kid was expelled.Popularity, even back then, was more important than making good grades.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

More Sharing ServicesShare|Share on facebookShare on twitter

Elected Officials Are Fundamentally Dishonest

To the Editor:

This letter was forwarded to Barack Obama, John Boehner, Chris Murphy, Dick Blumenthal, Elizabeth Esty, and Harry Reid

I live in Sandy Hook, CT. My family and close friends weren't harmed on December 14. That day impacted 26 families with an indescribable, staggering pain and anguish. For most of Sandy Hook, it merely affected us with an inescapable intensity of sadness and grief.

Gun control has long been a focus of many in this country. Though I'm not knowledgeable of all the nuances of the Second Amendment, based on the Founding Fathers' circumstances, it had far more to do with enabling the citizenry to protect themselves against tyrannical government than against local psychopaths. It is about providing a balanced firepower so when King George's successor came knocking on your door, you could fight back. Government today is no less inclined to abuse its authority than it was then. Based on the absurd and ongoing power grab that is present day Washington, it's as threatening as ever.

That so many of you view the NRA with its resistance to further restrictions on firearms as intransigent lunatics has far more to do with how you conduct yourselves in office than it does with the NRA's actions.

You in public office are fundamentally dishonest people. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing with an indifference and arrogance that is absolutely maddening. When the country is reeling from financial disaster, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can't afford and you've never read. You claim it's critical because health care costs are killing this country... no they're not, you are! You are killing this country. You endorse the ongoing slaughter of millions of unborn children and whine when terrorists are water boarded. You can't lecture us right in Newtown High School about not doing enough to keep our children safe, while simultaneously slaughtering the unborn. You fabricate the intense, media laden drama of the fiscal cliff and lack the courage to do anything about truly reforming the obscene gluttony of government. You know you'll be out of office before the bill comes due… you don't care and have no integrity nor honor.

You lie whenever and wherever you need to to move forth your agenda. Were you able, you would purge the US of guns… every last gun in the country, if you could. So please forgive Wayne LaPierre and those of us who don't trust you as far as we can spit. You're a dishonest lot, motivated by a distorted worldview. If mass murder prevention were truly your goal, you would welcome armed security wherever needed. It is outrageous that we protect our money with far more firepower than we protect our children.

I have never owned a gun, nor wanted to as intensely as right now. You'll stop restricting guns when only you have them.

Brendan Duffy

4 Chestnut Knoll Drive, Sandy Hook January 8, 2013

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
That still happens today. I suppose the group bully motivation is to lower performance so standards and expectations will be lowered.
My grandchild recently came home crying about being bullied and called a geek. I told him to ignore them as much as possible because when they grow up the ignorant little bastards will be working for geeks.
<quoted text>
Tell him what I should have told myself, when I was twelve."It doesn't matter what people say, or think."

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>was their not two different bases around NY? Was their not an entire atlantic fleet hangin around? was there not over 140 F-22 raptors that are on call 24/7 to shoot down planes? was there not an entire military force which should be constantly ready to defend America and her citizens from threats like the one of 9/11? who was the head of the country at that time of Sept 2001? o ya it was Obama.
hijacked planes are not a threat excuse me.
In 2001, you were what, 5 years old kiddo?

Shhhh, the adults are talking...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>By his words.

Silver;They(his children) were not entitled to an opinion or "freely express" themselves.

I know it is hard for you to see the flaws of your on line friends. The bias is clear.
My children, not yours Miley.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Help with Bad Landlord 3 hr JanS625 1
Dog food and meds 3 hr ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) 6 hr Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson 16 hr In need of some info 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 19 hr akita96th 229
18 year old moving from CA to Charlotte? 22 hr ToEachIsOwn 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 23 hr Yep 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search