Comments
32,721 - 32,740 of 58,815 Comments Last updated 17 min ago

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#33949 Jan 30, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't attack and kill over 3000 people on 9/11, terrorist did.
Only faulting Hillary like you fault bush.
The embassy had security, in tripoli. The consulate, in Benghazi, is a tad different in mission and it is the state dept responsibility to provide security for consulates.
Who was in charge of the state dept?
Hillary Clinton.
Was there no Marine Expeditionay Unit on float in the Med, was there no carrier battle group on station in the Med, not one SEAL team or Delta platoon on stand by, ready to be deployed, for when help is called for?
Perhaps your teammates are incapable of determining what is and is not a viable threat?
was their not two different bases around NY? Was their not an entire atlantic fleet hangin around? was there not over 140 F-22 raptors that are on call 24/7 to shoot down planes? was there not an entire military force which should be constantly ready to defend America and her citizens from threats like the one of 9/11? who was the head of the country at that time of Sept 2001? o ya it was Obama.
hijacked planes are not a threat excuse me.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33950 Jan 30, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So we have learned that black and Caucasian parents/students have bad attitudes, thanks for the info.
First it was the fact black students didn't have a "daddy" at home, now it's attitude, attitude, attitude. I can't keep up with how many excuses one can give for why our children fail before we start looking at those who educate them. The article clearly stated the children were given every tool needed that the asians I'm sure have access to and the teacher by his own admission seemed to be on top of what was going on educationally, so what's the reason: "daddy ain't here, all kids except the asians are lazy, attitude, attitude, attitude, teacher's not doing her job and my favorite is always we don't give enough money to the educational system." When we're giving at no charge to children all the necessary modern "gizmos" to enhance the learning process and they're still not learning, what's the problem in our country? I don't know TSF's age, but he seems pretty good in the math department. I bet he could take kids WITHOUT anything more than a blackboard, maybe a calculator and teach them just as well. Our education system has gotten away from the art of "teaching" and it's showing and I don't know what to do about "daddy not being home."

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33951 Jan 30, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
Funny how if Bacon, TEW, Silver, or myself had made these accusations we would be called racists!
Anyone pointing out cultural differences these days runs the risk of being called"racist".Asian , Pakistani, and Indian kids frequently are better students, because they know that saying"everyone is a winner"is horse hockey.These kids are raised to COMPETE! Our kids don't have that urge to succeed, in large part because they are used to getting what they want QUICKLY, without having to"strive".This is the parents task, to teach their kids that with work, comes success.In America today, where parents are"friends"with their kids, kids learn little of value.

Location hidden

#33952 Jan 30, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Some kids lack motivation. We call parents regularly and report their current state to them. When a parent is called and a kid continues to fail to bring in homework, make effort in their work, and cause disruptions in the classroom, we continue to do our job and attempt to teach them. We report to the administration and all the discipline measures they come up with also many times do not work. Requested parent conferences very seldom are attended by many parents. You can fire one of your employees, but we can't fire any student. The struggle continues on. Maybe you have some suggestions.
Yeah, call Mike's parents and tell them to get him out of the basement that he's failing terribly. Tell them to take away his tinfoil hat, psychology magazines, cable TV and that he needs to attend a real institution of learning.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#33953 Jan 30, 2013
American culture values the trappings of success, without instilling the will to work for that success.To be a great student, requires sacrifices.At the very least, some social sacrifices.Hard to stay on"twitter"all day, or run around with your friends, when you are studying all the time.

Location hidden

#33954 Jan 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone pointing out cultural differences these days runs the risk of being called"racist".Asian , Pakistani, and Indian kids frequently are better students, because they know that saying"everyone is a winner"is horse hockey.These kids are raised to COMPETE! Our kids don't have that urge to succeed, in large part because they are used to getting what they want QUICKLY, without having to"strive".This is the parents task, to teach their kids that with work, comes success.In America today, where parents are"friends"with their kids, kids learn little of value.
Here Here

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33955 Jan 30, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/business/gl... Americans have had more exposure to free-market principles.“Young Americans were brought up in a commercial environment,” said Neng Zhao, 28, a senior associate at Blue Oak Capital, a private equity firm based in Beijing.“We weren’t. So the workplace is a unique learning process for my generation.” Great article shows the differences in "learning" between cultures.

Location hidden

#33956 Jan 30, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
American culture values the trappings of success, without instilling the will to work for that success.To be a great student, requires sacrifices.At the very least, some social sacrifices.Hard to stay on"twitter"all day, or run around with your friends, when you are studying all the time.
Again, Here Here
Damn, you're on a roll today!!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#33957 Jan 30, 2013
Some of the smartest kids in school, when I was in school, were subjected to the must vicious bullying imaginable, as these kids were often not socially"accepted".B ack when I was in school, bullying was totally ignored.The only time I saw one of the"smart"kids fight back, the kid was expelled.Popularity, even back then, was more important than making good grades.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33958 Jan 30, 2013
This is part of the republikan rational for abandoning public education to lower taxes on the rich. Since teachers teach, but some unmotivated students don't learn,just let their ignorant parents educate the little darlings. That should increase the republikan voter base.(:
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
First it was the fact black students didn't have a "daddy" at home, now it's attitude, attitude, attitude. I can't keep up with how many excuses one can give for why our children fail before we start looking at those who educate them. The article clearly stated the children were given every tool needed that the asians I'm sure have access to and the teacher by his own admission seemed to be on top of what was going on educationally, so what's the reason: "daddy ain't here, all kids except the asians are lazy, attitude, attitude, attitude, teacher's not doing her job and my favorite is always we don't give enough money to the educational system." When we're giving at no charge to children all the necessary modern "gizmos" to enhance the learning process and they're still not learning, what's the problem in our country? I don't know TSF's age, but he seems pretty good in the math department. I bet he could take kids WITHOUT anything more than a blackboard, maybe a calculator and teach them just as well. Our education system has gotten away from the art of "teaching" and it's showing and I don't know what to do about "daddy not being home."

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33959 Jan 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
This is part of the republikan rational for abandoning public education to lower taxes on the rich. Since teachers teach, but some unmotivated students don't learn,just let their ignorant parents educate the little darlings. That should increase the republikan voter base.(:
<quoted text>
Aryeh Eller, New York Teacher Removed From Classroom For Sexual Harassment, Paid Nearly $1 Million To Do Nothing huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/aryeh-eller-new... The sad part is he admitted to the harassment. No, teachers don't need to be evaluated.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33960 Jan 30, 2013
That still happens today. I suppose the group bully motivation is to lower performance so standards and expectations will be lowered.
My grandchild recently came home crying about being bullied and called a geek. I told him to ignore them as much as possible because when they grow up the ignorant little bastards will be working for geeks.
waco1909 wrote:
Some of the smartest kids in school, when I was in school, were subjected to the must vicious bullying imaginable, as these kids were often not socially"accepted".B ack when I was in school, bullying was totally ignored.The only time I saw one of the"smart"kids fight back, the kid was expelled.Popularity, even back then, was more important than making good grades.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33961 Jan 30, 2013

More Sharing ServicesShare|Share on facebookShare on twitter

Elected Officials Are Fundamentally Dishonest

To the Editor:

This letter was forwarded to Barack Obama, John Boehner, Chris Murphy, Dick Blumenthal, Elizabeth Esty, and Harry Reid

I live in Sandy Hook, CT. My family and close friends weren't harmed on December 14. That day impacted 26 families with an indescribable, staggering pain and anguish. For most of Sandy Hook, it merely affected us with an inescapable intensity of sadness and grief.

Gun control has long been a focus of many in this country. Though I'm not knowledgeable of all the nuances of the Second Amendment, based on the Founding Fathers' circumstances, it had far more to do with enabling the citizenry to protect themselves against tyrannical government than against local psychopaths. It is about providing a balanced firepower so when King George's successor came knocking on your door, you could fight back. Government today is no less inclined to abuse its authority than it was then. Based on the absurd and ongoing power grab that is present day Washington, it's as threatening as ever.

That so many of you view the NRA with its resistance to further restrictions on firearms as intransigent lunatics has far more to do with how you conduct yourselves in office than it does with the NRA's actions.

You in public office are fundamentally dishonest people. You lead lives of deception at every turn, structuring your lives as comfortably as you can while governing with an indifference and arrogance that is absolutely maddening. When the country is reeling from financial disaster, you waste a trillion dollars on a health care bill we can't afford and you've never read. You claim it's critical because health care costs are killing this country... no they're not, you are! You are killing this country. You endorse the ongoing slaughter of millions of unborn children and whine when terrorists are water boarded. You can't lecture us right in Newtown High School about not doing enough to keep our children safe, while simultaneously slaughtering the unborn. You fabricate the intense, media laden drama of the fiscal cliff and lack the courage to do anything about truly reforming the obscene gluttony of government. You know you'll be out of office before the bill comes due… you don't care and have no integrity nor honor.

You lie whenever and wherever you need to to move forth your agenda. Were you able, you would purge the US of guns… every last gun in the country, if you could. So please forgive Wayne LaPierre and those of us who don't trust you as far as we can spit. You're a dishonest lot, motivated by a distorted worldview. If mass murder prevention were truly your goal, you would welcome armed security wherever needed. It is outrageous that we protect our money with far more firepower than we protect our children.

I have never owned a gun, nor wanted to as intensely as right now. You'll stop restricting guns when only you have them.

Brendan Duffy

4 Chestnut Knoll Drive, Sandy Hook January 8, 2013

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#33962 Jan 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
That still happens today. I suppose the group bully motivation is to lower performance so standards and expectations will be lowered.
My grandchild recently came home crying about being bullied and called a geek. I told him to ignore them as much as possible because when they grow up the ignorant little bastards will be working for geeks.
<quoted text>
Tell him what I should have told myself, when I was twelve."It doesn't matter what people say, or think."

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33963 Jan 30, 2013
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>was their not two different bases around NY? Was their not an entire atlantic fleet hangin around? was there not over 140 F-22 raptors that are on call 24/7 to shoot down planes? was there not an entire military force which should be constantly ready to defend America and her citizens from threats like the one of 9/11? who was the head of the country at that time of Sept 2001? o ya it was Obama.
hijacked planes are not a threat excuse me.
In 2001, you were what, 5 years old kiddo?

Shhhh, the adults are talking...

Location hidden

#33964 Jan 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>By his words.

Silver;They(his children) were not entitled to an opinion or "freely express" themselves.

I know it is hard for you to see the flaws of your on line friends. The bias is clear.
My children, not yours Miley.

Location hidden

#33965 Jan 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
The Commucrats rational for expanding public education is so they can raise taxes even more on the rich. Since some teachers fail at teaching, and it's ok because they're protected by the unions, and some unmotivated students don't learn because the teachers can't motivate them, lets blame the ignorant parents....the same ignorant parents that came through our failed govt schools that didn't learn shit when they were here. By failing to educate the kids, generation after generation will only learn to rely on the govt instead of themselves, thus increasing the Commucrat's voter base ten fold.:)

Location hidden

#33966 Jan 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you do not understand how your influence compromised their free will. Free will is not black and white.
You clearly brainwashed them to think as you do for the most part.

Emotions should be listened to, but not relied upon as if not possibly faulty. You seem to rely on your instinct for seperation of others not like yourself.
You do just as the apes of today do. They segregate themselves from other tribes.
You fail to use the logic man has to understand that those who do not look like yourself are still humans and are good to work and play together with.

I see you cannot even remember what you claim from one post to the next.
Note this statement by you here;They did have "black" friends while they played sports.
Now on my next post, I will show the contradiction.
This should help point out how you brainwash and are ignorant of it.
Listen man, just stop. You are not an expert on everything. You're not going to guilt trip me into some coward rationale you concocted. Strictly your opinion on how my wife and I raised OUR kids. Not yours. I asked for an address long time ago to send you a bill and you renig'd that idea claiming it was my problem. You don't have a say now.

What my wife and I did do, was raise them to be self sufficient and not codependent on anyone or anything.

Which, individual responsibility, goes against all democrat principals. Easier for you to play the victim card, like AZ, instead of being productive. Easier to hand the $20 dollar bill over than fight to defend something that was never theirs to take.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#33967 Jan 30, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The Commucrats rational for expanding public education is so they can raise taxes even more on the rich. Since some teachers fail at teaching, and it's ok because they're protected by the unions, and some unmotivated students don't learn because the teachers can't motivate them, lets blame the ignorant parents....the same ignorant parents that came through our failed govt schools that didn't learn shit when they were here. By failing to educate the kids, generation after generation will only learn to rely on the govt instead of themselves, thus increasing the Commucrat's voter base ten fold.:)
TEACHERS in Texas aren't protected by unions.Kids fail proficiency tests here, teachers get fired.

Location hidden

#33968 Jan 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I'm no "snoot" or other names that are thrown around at people who decide that maybe "government" everything isn't always the best answer to every problem. I'll assure you again, I pay my taxes and darn plenty and just finished paying our estimates on 01/15, so don't preach to me about lowering the tax rate. I paid taxes for public schools and also I paid private school tuition for my child. You can make off the cuff remarks alluding to the fact that Republicans are ignorant, but this ignorant Republican sent her child to a private school and she's now doing her surgical clinicals. She'll probably have children one day and increase the Republican base, but if they work their butts off like she has, they'll at least be contributing members of society not sponges. I've never had a problem with my tax dollars being spent on a voucher system to help children of all races and socio-economic backgrounds receive more intensive and better quality of education. Do you have a problem with the voucher system? Private schools don't have to play the tenure game that public schools do. If teachers in a private school fail to produce students a cut above of going to school free they're not kept on until they're in they're in their 70's because they have tenure, they're shown the door. I don't have a problem with home schooling. As I have stated before and I'm always posted back, "the examples you give are the exception, not the rule for home schooled children." I'd still put a home schooled child up against a public school educated child even if their parents might be "ignorant". Looks to me the public school teachers can't motivate the children to learn, are allowed no control over their classrooms, and look at the list Arnold gave of what he tries to do just to get a kid to school and the parents motivated and they still don't come to school, thus they'll be ignorant just like their parents that don't care. I don't blame Arnold for this Lord knows he's paid his dues, but you blame the Republicans for at least trying a different approach by calling them "ignorant." At least a home schooled child's parents care enough to take the time and attention to attempt to educate their children. Does that make them "ignorant", sounds like they're pretty smart to me, because they've learned the first lesson, you can't teach a child if they're nowhere to be found.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... 52 min Belmont Resident 2
AWESOME! This black minister has made a campaig... 18 hr insiderpaul 1
Review: Oxbridge Law Firm The (Sep '13) Wed james appiah 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Wed LaLa2020 130
looking for smurfs Wed inNeedThisWeekOnly 5
I Love Black Women (May '11) Wed chalk boy 238
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Wed Whinn 12
•••
•••
•••