Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,635)

Showing posts 32,681 - 32,700 of54,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I simply copied what a teacher in a predominately black school had written. The rest of the article(which is long) points out that learning is the reponsibility of students and parents. That the failure to learn is not a teacher failure but a student and parent failue.
There are are probably more failing white sudents living in single parent homes than failing black children living in single parent homes simply as a result of the fact that there are consideraby more white chldren and white families. So blaming white people for the failure of black children is certaily unreasonable if you consider the number of failures. Looking at percentage of failues by race gives a higher value for the blacks, which tempts simpletons to attribute that higher percentage ony to racial bias. The problem is infinitely more complex than that. However, there are no arguments that I am aware of that claim children fom single parent out perform other students---they dont and the difference is glaring, regardless of race. And there are obviousy exceptions for all generalizations like this one.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, that's a very nice story; however, I'm at a loss how to respond. Are you saying black children are at a greater risk to fail because there's no father in the home? if so, as I, you'll be labeled a racist. I'm going to post a link that shows the statistics that even this mathematically challenged Republican can understand and again, I'll be labeled a racist for pointing out the unusually high % for whatever reason black children are raised in a single parent family.
http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossst... #
More importantly to me, it's not about the percentage, but why are so many black children raised in single parent families and why daily are Caucasians, if this forum is a sampling of the difference in opinions, are crucified because of the failure of the black children in school?
Now I know there are plenty of families black and white where mom and dad are working to make ends meet, but surely as we all learned, there has to be time for our children and material things don't always matter, but one on one time does.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Whutevr wrote:
Oh, I'll take that back. Why don't we go for a drink and smoke cigarrets. You can take a jelly shot and I'll do the same.
Don't you mean jell-o? Hike back to your cave neanderthal man.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Yes 4 months ago the pres said that the Benghazi attack was a terrorist act. I still claim he said it was a terrorist act as you are also claiming. As you pointed out, we are both saying the same thing. Being republikan, what you just do not seem to understand is that if it was a terrorist act, then by definition it had to have been done by terrorists.
Another thing escaping the limited republikan mentality is that there were riots in EGYPT (a different country) during the same time as the Benghazi attack. Those rioters were angry about the Hollywood film slamming Islam.
Just FYI, Libya and Egypt are two different countries
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't comprehend my post. Four months ago WE, the conservative side on this forum, claimed it WAS a terrorist attack. The liberal side of this forum said NO IT WASN'T, it was an "act of terror"....semantics...ba sically defending the Ruler because he had already declared "an end to the war on terror" thus meaning they were no more terrorist. Now today you're saying it WAS terrorist, hence the contradiction from your side. Now was it "you" that said it "wasn't" four months ago, I don't recall but I do recall it was your side, those that defend the Ruler.

Now are you claiming the State Dept got the two incidents, Egypt & Lybia, confused with one another when they made their rounds on the Sun morning shows blaming a video?
Wow

Wilson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you mean jell-o? Hike back to your cave neanderthal man.
It took you that long to respond? No man here, girly/boy!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe your not leaving your poor little rich kiddos nada. Wouldn't want to subject them to an estate tax. Now would you? Hey Silver, you should have named your kiddos nickel, dime, quarter and fifty cent piece. Then you could have referred to them as "The Chain-ge Gang".
You didn't pay for them...why do you care?
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well are you a lesbian? I guess the name fooled you, fool. I'm a girly/girl. That's right a white woman.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I simply copied what a teacher in a predominately black school had written. The rest of the article(which is long) points out that learning is the reponsibility of students and parents. That the failure to learn is not a teacher failure but a student and parent failue.
There are are probably more failing white sudents living in single parent homes than failing black children living in single parent homes simply as a result of the fact that there are consideraby more white chldren and white families. So blaming white people for the failure of black children is certaily unreasonable if you consider the number of failures. Looking at percentage of failues by race gives a higher value for the blacks, which tempts simpletons to attribute that higher percentage ony to racial bias. The problem is infinitely more complex than that. However, there are no arguments that I am aware of that claim children fom single parent out perform other students---they dont and the difference is glaring, regardless of race. And there are obviousy exceptions for all generalizations like this one.
<quoted text>
I agree, parents involvement in their child's lives is the most important aspect, especially when concerning education, but what I got from your article was that the teachers are saying its not their fault the students aren't learning, it's the parents fault? Isn't it the teachers job to teach? Because children learn at different levels, speed, comprehension, etc..., isn't it their job to try and reach every student? New schools, free laptops, etc..., doesn't teach a child, the teacher does. I guess because I'm used to dealing with private school teachers, I'm not used to teachers passing the buck! It's safe to say this article was written by a govt school teacher!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush didn't attack and kill over 3000 people on 9/11, terrorist did.
Only faulting Hillary like you fault bush.
The embassy had security, in tripoli. The consulate, in Benghazi, is a tad different in mission and it is the state dept responsibility to provide security for consulates.
Who was in charge of the state dept?
Hillary Clinton.
Was there no Marine Expeditionay Unit on float in the Med, was there no carrier battle group on station in the Med, not one SEAL team or Delta platoon on stand by, ready to be deployed, for when help is called for?
Perhaps your teammates are incapable of determining what is and is not a viable threat?
So our team failed to determine the threat that killed four, and your team failed to determine the threat that killed three thousand. Got it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal response. Expand government by creating more jobs for the taxpayer to subsidize.
This is not what I wish for, it is what would happen if the government listened to your bitching about what grade the civil war should be taught in.

The problem is, conservatives keep asking for small government then demand things that create more government.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, parents involvement in their child's lives is the most important aspect, especially when concerning education, but what I got from your article was that the teachers are saying its not their fault the students aren't learning, it's the parents fault? Isn't it the teachers job to teach? Because children learn at different levels, speed, comprehension, etc..., isn't it their job to try and reach every student? New schools, free laptops, etc..., doesn't teach a child, the teacher does. I guess because I'm used to dealing with private school teachers, I'm not used to teachers passing the buck! It's safe to say this article was written by a govt school teacher!
Some kids lack motivation. We call parents regularly and report their current state to them. When a parent is called and a kid continues to fail to bring in homework, make effort in their work, and cause disruptions in the classroom, we continue to do our job and attempt to teach them. We report to the administration and all the discipline measures they come up with also many times do not work. Requested parent conferences very seldom are attended by many parents. You can fire one of your employees, but we can't fire any student. The struggle continues on. Maybe you have some suggestions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>First, you need to get your facts straight. The very next day the Ruler didn't say these acts were committed by terrorist, but rather,(and just as the moderator of the foreign policy debate pointed out), he called it an "act of terror." Since the Ruler has ended the "war on terror", terrorist no longer exists so it had to be an "act of terror" carried out by civilians protesting a video! These aren't my words, they're the Rulers words.(You see Bacon, another example of people listening to the Ruler but NOT hearing what he says.)
As far as the funding, Bacon has already schooled you on who is to blame. If I give you a thousand dollars to pay the bills and you waste the money on frivolous purchases, don't whine to me when the bill collector comes a knocking! Own up to the blame, show some responsibility and PLEASE quit watching MSNBC and regurgitating their talking points.
Can we put up the daily color coded alerts to terror like in the good old fear mongering Bush days?
Funny how those suddenly stopped right after he was reelected. Tricked your scared ass.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So our team failed to determine the threat that killed four, and your team failed to determine the threat that killed three thousand. Got it.
You think the situations were the same? Your smarter than that. The Towers were the beginning, Benghazi was a continuation, if you can't see the difference, go watch a protest video. I know, "What does it matter", it happened. Makes me sick, to compare the two events is asinine.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you have proved me right and you wrong. He didn't blame it on terrorist as you claimed, he blamed it on an act of terror as I claimed.
You must listen in order to hear, grasshopper.
Bush lead the citizens to believe Saddam was responsible for 9/11. Polls show when Bush was reelected, 75% of republicans and 50% of democrats thought that Saddam had ties to 9/11.

Now keep crying wolf, as no one is listening.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>You think the situations were the same? Your smarter than that. The Towers were the beginning, Benghazi was a continuation, if you can't see the difference, go watch a protest video. I know, "What does it matter", it happened. Makes me sick, to compare the two events is asinine.
Yes, I compare the two, and you have yet to demonstrate why I should not.
Begining or continuation. What is the difference?
Bush failed to protect the American homeland. Three thousand civilians died due to the failure. Now you can wish to sweep that under the rug, but I will not allow it to be done.

Everytime your team brings this up, the people are reminded of the Bush failure to protect America.

This is why your team is falling apart.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold based off the definitions of act of terrorism I posted, all of us that talked about having the fear of God put upon us by spanking would make our parents terrorists. I don't think any of us were raised by terrorists. One of the meanings was "causing fear." I can tell you one thing, when my mom got out the old double dogwooder, she must have been on the FBI and Interpols's list of known or wanted terrorists cause there was serious fear placed on me.
So your mother used fear to control you. I see. I can see how you are to ignorant to understand the relationship of terrorism useing fear to control.
Bush was well versed in this use of fear mongering to control. Now build a bunker because the color coded warnings are flashing in your head.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
When they are no longer in your household, sure.
Your kids are not your friends or peers. They not equals. They are your kids. Till they are out of your home, fending for themselves i.e. paying their own bills etc etc etc, they are not entitled to any sort of freedom of expression or liberties.
He who has the money makes the rules. Why do you think your teammates are stealing it(through taxation) from those who can manage their wealth and giving it away to those who can't?
Once someone is born in America, they are entitled to the rights provided by the constitution.

I know you hate that so much, you are leaving America. Good riddance.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your view, Your own children are denied freedom of speech and cannot express an opinion that is different than yours? Their indiviuality is never encouraged? If they do express a different view, do you send them to the tundra region of your house, demand slave labor and food deprivation?
This is how republicans brainwash their kids to be republicans. It is a vicious cycle.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the democrat taking entitlements. Perhaps we should institute a more regulations on entitlements, testing for alcohol and tobacco use.
Want to improve your wealth? Private message me and I can give you a number to call. But he charges a fee for advice.
So you thus are advocating larger government.

See the trend? Conservatives are so dense, they cannot understand why government grows when they ask for such things.

Twice in one day. Next you will be asking to grow the military.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Why is Silvercoast a"dictator" and a"control"freak? How is that known?
By his words.

Silver;They(his children) were not entitled to an opinion or "freely express" themselves.

I know it is hard for you to see the flaws of your on line friends. The bias is clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,681 - 32,700 of54,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 2 hr Rick 228
Debate: Marijuana - Charlotte, NC (Aug '10) Sat fed up 106
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Sat Timmy_ 4,822
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Sat Walter 32
dog food Sat godsSon 7
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. Fri Sammy 1
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Jul 10 Hey 7
•••
•••