Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,633)

Showing posts 32,641 - 32,660 of49,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>There is a reason I'm playing semantics with you. If WE ALL REMEMBER back to late Sept/early Oct (around page 1150 or so of this thread) of last year, we,(myself, Bacon, TEW, and others), claimed The Ruler and his administration blamed the attacks in Benghazi on a YouTube video. It was at least Mike for sure, and possibly you too, that claimed the Ruler said the very next day that it was "an act of terror." We claimed he never said that terrorist were responsible for the attacks to which your side said no, he said it was an "act of terror." It was ok for your side to play semantics 4 months ago but how dare we try the same play now. You can't have your cake and eat it too! Your side claimed then it wasn't the same thing and now you're claiming it is? Now in Mike's world, and probably yours too, this all falls into that "grey area" but in my world it's called a contradiction!
There is a reason the symbol of the Republican Party is an elephant, they have good memories.
There is also a reason the symbol of the Commucrat Party is a Jackass, no explanation needed.
The jackass works hard on the farm to produce food. The elephant just shits in a Circus tent. Besides, Jesus never rode an elephant. His choice was the jackass. No explanation needed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The jackass works hard on the farm to produce food. The elephant just shits in a Circus tent. Besides, Jesus never rode an elephant. His choice was the jackass. No explanation needed.
Cute response. Your party had to vote on whether or not to included Jesus in their platform, with the Republicans it's an understood, no vote needed!

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Cute response. Your party had to vote on whether or not to included Jesus in their platform, with the Republicans it's an understood, no vote needed!
You mean the republicans actually INCLUDED someone for a change??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

TSF wrote:
"Why don't you guys study like the kids from Africa?"
In a moment of exasperation last spring, I asked that question to a virtually all-black class of 12th-graders who had done horribly on a test I had just given. A kid who seldom came to class -- and was constantly distracting other students when he did -- shot back: "It's because they have fathers who kick their butts and make them study."
Another student angrily challenged me: "You ask the class, just ask how many of us have our fathers living with us." When I did, not one hand went up.
I was stunned. These were good kids; I had grown attached to them over the school year. It hit me that these students, at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, understood what I knew too well: The lack of a father in their lives had undermined their education. The young man who spoke up knew that with a father in his house he probably wouldn't be ending 12 years of school in the bottom 10 percent of his class with a D average. His classmate, normally a sweet young woman with a great sense of humor, must have long harbored resentment at her father's absence to speak out as she did. Both had hit upon an essential difference between the kids who make it in school and those who don't: parents.
My students knew intuitively that the reason they were lagging academically had nothing to do with race, which is the too-handy explanation for the achievement gap in Alexandria. And it wasn't because the school system had failed them. They knew that excuses about a lack of resources and access just didn't wash at the new, state-of-the-art,$100 million T.C. Williams, where every student is given a laptop and where there is open enrollment in Advanced Placement and honors courses. Rather, it was because their parents just weren't there for them -- at least not in the same way that parents of kids who were doing well tended to be.
TSF, that's a very nice story; however, I'm at a loss how to respond. Are you saying black children are at a greater risk to fail because there's no father in the home? if so, as I, you'll be labeled a racist. I'm going to post a link that shows the statistics that even this mathematically challenged Republican can understand and again, I'll be labeled a racist for pointing out the unusually high % for whatever reason black children are raised in a single parent family.

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossst... #

More importantly to me, it's not about the percentage, but why are so many black children raised in single parent families and why daily are Caucasians, if this forum is a sampling of the difference in opinions, are crucified because of the failure of the black children in school?

Now I know there are plenty of families black and white where mom and dad are working to make ends meet, but surely as we all learned, there has to be time for our children and material things don't always matter, but one on one time does.

Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, Arnold you never cease to amaze me.
Jolly Ol Elf

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I'll support whoever the hell I want. Good enough?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the republicans actually INCLUDED someone for a change??
Yeah Waco, it was between you and Jesus and He could walk on water and you couldn't so He won by default. The Democrats already have Obama, if you're to believe him, MSM and loyal followers, he can walk on water and we had to level the playing field.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Cute response. Your party had to vote on whether or not to included Jesus in their platform, with the Republicans it's an understood, no vote needed!
Your party voted God in the platform thinking it would reduce the public's perception of your your hostility toward the poor, Hispanics, women and youth. As we see, it was not help.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Next time, Pro, you may want to put 3 or 4 gods on your platform to make sure everyone gets covered.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the republicans actually INCLUDED someone for a change??
LOL...that was very good.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I hate missing days like this on here, you guys are coming up with some zingers today! Too funny!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Waco, it was between you and Jesus and He could walk on water and you couldn't so He won by default. The Democrats already have Obama, if you're to believe him, MSM and loyal followers, he can walk on water and we had to level the playing field.:)
I can barely walk on land, let alone water....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Next time, Pro, you may want to put 3 or 4 gods on your platform to make sure everyone gets covered.
It is your party that voted two Gods in, we only need one!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sorry, forgot the link.

http://youtu.be/-auZ4DGMspo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
Sorry, forgot the link.
http://youtu.be/-auZ4DGMspo
If they didn't have such a man crush on Obama and didn't truly believe he's God, this could almost be funny. If more people worshiped God as they do Obama, our country would be better off.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the could purchase what ever they wanted with the money they saved from their jobs. No they could not play in MY house. No, they did not bring black friends over, but they never really had "black friends", just team mates from their sports team.
I have no reason to explain myself to you, again. Your assertion that civil rights have been violated but not proven in a court of law by a jury of our peers. And your opinions mean precisely dick, blackface.
Katie and I are leaving them nothing. We have paid for and provided all we are ever going to provide. They can earn their wealth and provide for themselves now, since they are adults.
Just like Katie and I did.
What I don't understand about you AZ, is that you know you and I will never agree or see eye to eye on anything, yet you keep trying to generate some sort of response as if you have no other facets in your life that show you some sort of attention? Are you really that pathetic, starved of attention or in dire need of validation that you are relying on Topix to fill that gap?
It was rhetorical question but you answered it already...
I can believe your not leaving your poor little rich kiddos nada. Wouldn't want to subject them to an estate tax. Now would you? Hey Silver, you should have named your kiddos nickel, dime, quarter and fifty cent piece. Then you could have referred to them as "The Chain-ge Gang".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I can barely walk on land, let alone water....
Find Obama, he can heal you brother.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, it's all semantics. You say you drink alchohol, does that make you an alcoholic? I'm by no means saying that someone that commits an act of rape is not a rapist, however, by the example I gave you about drinking, doesn't make you an alcoholic. It's all a play on words and for the president on this occasion, he used a play on words to give him an out because he was clueless about what really happened. As a matter of fact, I read an article yesterday about a football player for the Dallas Cowboys that was pulled over for DUI. His alcohol level was twice the legal limit, yet they were still saying he was held on "suspicion of driving drunk." Twice the legal limit is more than suspicion in my realm of thinking and they didn't refer to him as an alcoholic, only a person they were suspicious of driving while impaired. At the end of the day, he was still drunk as a skunk while driving.
Terror and rape are acts of violence and with intent. An alcoholic yes has the potential of becoming violent but, his only intent is to have another drink. In the case of the football player maybe not an alcoholic, just an occasional display of irresponsibility and an ego the size of Texas. He also by driving drunk could have had an accident that may have killed four or more but not out of intent but impairment of good judgement.

Let me now set the record straight on myself. No I DO NOT do drugs reguardless of what Silver thinks and I have NO criminal background whatsoever. Furthermore, I have NEVER even had a traffic violation in all my years of driving. Every great now and then I will have a beer with my meal or a mixed drink but it is in the privacy of my home. It is because I am responsible that I am a menace to the courts. No crime no dime.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Find Obama, he can heal you brother.
Give me a break.I'm far from a fanatic about politicians, of both parties.One party acts like its the"Party of God", the other party acts as if its leader is the"Second Coming."I'm sorry bacon, the whole thing is sometimes amusing!
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If they didn't have such a man crush on Obama and didn't truly believe he's God, this could almost be funny. If more people worshiped God as they do Obama, our country would be better off.
Where the hell is Mike;0

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,641 - 32,660 of49,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 4 hr NorthernLights 4,790
black on black crime (Sep '13) 18 hr thetiming 11
Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's (Mar '13) 21 hr David Alan 2
Saving Money on Ebay School, work & Christmas (Jul '13) Fri yes 4
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Apr 17 James Jeffers 39
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Apr 16 Buff Aloe 27
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Apr 16 nyc2nc 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••