Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33847 Jan 29, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Rubio and his solution to illegals in this country is great idea but will not work.
If he were to offer a free ride with continued hand outs he would garner more votes than he could imagine but he is offering a viable solution that will have to be earned and that is not what they want.
Here here
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33848 Jan 29, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the bong hophead...
You can get your food stamps in a few days...

It is apparent you suffer of delusion and delirium. As most within your party do.

Location hidden

#33849 Jan 29, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone were said to have committed "an act of rape", would you not say they were a rapist?
Allen, it's all semantics. You say you drink alchohol, does that make you an alcoholic? I'm by no means saying that someone that commits an act of rape is not a rapist, however, by the example I gave you about drinking, doesn't make you an alcoholic. It's all a play on words and for the president on this occasion, he used a play on words to give him an out because he was clueless about what really happened. As a matter of fact, I read an article yesterday about a football player for the Dallas Cowboys that was pulled over for DUI. His alcohol level was twice the legal limit, yet they were still saying he was held on "suspicion of driving drunk." Twice the legal limit is more than suspicion in my realm of thinking and they didn't refer to him as an alcoholic, only a person they were suspicious of driving while impaired. At the end of the day, he was still drunk as a skunk while driving.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33850 Jan 29, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Not an "attention" thing at all. Believe me, I get all of that that I want from a great variety of sources. Therefore, I have no "gaps" to fill. What is enjoyable to me is debating with someone so narrow, conceited and self centered in their view. It just reinforces my view that those who have the beliefs as you do in extreme Republicanism will ever convince the American public that they will ever change their racists agenda. The Republican party will never again become a viable force in American politics. You are a living example. That is your contribution and service to your party, and to America as a whole. Shit never turns into ice cream.
Yawn....

Location hidden

#33851 Jan 29, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Not an "attention" thing at all. Believe me, I get all of that that I want from a great variety of sources. Therefore, I have no "gaps" to fill. What is enjoyable to me is debating with someone so narrow, conceited and self centered in their view. It just reinforces my view that those who have the beliefs as you do in extreme Republicanism will ever convince the American public that they will ever change their racists agenda. The Republican party will never again become a viable force in American politics. You are a living example. That is your contribution and service to your party, and to America as a whole. Shit never turns into ice cream.
Proud of your "white" heritage yet?

Yawn...,

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33852 Jan 29, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, it's all semantics. You say you drink alchohol, does that make you an alcoholic? I'm by no means saying that someone that commits an act of rape is not a rapist, however, by the example I gave you about drinking, doesn't make you an alcoholic. It's all a play on words and for the president on this occasion, he used a play on words to give him an out because he was clueless about what really happened. As a matter of fact, I read an article yesterday about a football player for the Dallas Cowboys that was pulled over for DUI. His alcohol level was twice the legal limit, yet they were still saying he was held on "suspicion of driving drunk." Twice the legal limit is more than suspicion in my realm of thinking and they didn't refer to him as an alcoholic, only a person they were suspicious of driving while impaired. At the end of the day, he was still drunk as a skunk while driving.
Good mornin' Bacon, it's my understanding that now they want to test to see if there are more than "booze" in your system. A trooper said to me we live in a "pill age" now. More and more people are using those and catching a buzz, legally I might add. I think it will be heading toward a mandatory blood test not just a breathalyzer.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33853 Jan 29, 2013
Pro,again. Who commmits acts of terrorism? Duh! That would be terrorists. You are a slow learner, aren't you?
What sense does it make for you to support terrorist against the USA when it will now not even buy a vote for Twitt?
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you are wrong. Do you not listen to the words of the President? He said in the Rose Garden it was "an act of terror", he didn't say it was terrorism, there IS a difference. As Mike so frequently points out just as you did concerning my math example, USING THE RIGHT WORDS MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33854 Jan 29, 2013
Republikans for terrorist and tax breaks for the rich. Geese. Wonder why over 51% of our population think republikans are nuts? Go figure.

Location hidden

#33855 Jan 29, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an "attention" thing at all. Believe me, I get all of that that I want from a great variety of sources. Therefore, I have no "gaps" to fill. What is enjoyable to me is debating with someone so narrow, conceited and self centered in their view. It just reinforces my view that those who have the beliefs as you do in extreme Republicanism will ever convince the American public that they will ever change their racists agenda. The Republican party will never again become a viable force in American politics. You are a living example. That is your contribution and service to your party, and to America as a whole. Shit never turns into ice cream.
Narrow, conceited and self centered?

Proud of your white heritage yet?

My point of view is mine. I happen to agree several ideologies and points of the Republican party. Your opinion on the republican party. And, like my opinion, means precisely dick to anyone but yourself.

Face it AZ. You are an attention whore. You want people to embrace you because of the "hardships" suffered by slaves long before you were ever the accident from an ill advised and non safe sex practicing man and woman. You seek respect you haven't earned and wish to be viewed upon as wise. Yet you chastise those that do not align themselves with your train of thought or share your point of view. Perhaps your words would bear more weight if they were in line with your actions.

Sorry you were denied going and seeing the mickey mouse show as a kid...but as an adult, shouldn't you be thankful for what you have now?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33856 Jan 29, 2013
The republikan party is cutting itself to pieces trying to dissect reasons for their shellacking in the last election. They are talking about presentation, message and stratedy. But Bobby Jindal is correct, they have to stop being the party of stupid.
Ignorance, racism, myopia and stupidity just are no longer widely regarded as virtues. Sucking up the the rich and attempting to marginalize and villify over half the voters just isnt a good strategy when one considers that you need over 50% of the votes to win and election. I think the first step to recovery of the republikan party is for all of them to sign up for adult basic education in math. Second would be a basic class entitled "You too can learn logical thought" Third would be "Popular opinion is not a test of truth"
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an "attention" thing at all. Believe me, I get all of that that I want from a great variety of sources. Therefore, I have no "gaps" to fill. What is enjoyable to me is debating with someone so narrow, conceited and self centered in their view. It just reinforces my view that those who have the beliefs as you do in extreme Republicanism will ever convince the American public that they will ever change their racists agenda. The Republican party will never again become a viable force in American politics. You are a living example. That is your contribution and service to your party, and to America as a whole. Shit never turns into ice cream.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33857 Jan 29, 2013
"Why don't you guys study like the kids from Africa?"
In a moment of exasperation last spring, I asked that question to a virtually all-black class of 12th-graders who had done horribly on a test I had just given. A kid who seldom came to class -- and was constantly distracting other students when he did -- shot back: "It's because they have fathers who kick their butts and make them study."
Another student angrily challenged me: "You ask the class, just ask how many of us have our fathers living with us." When I did, not one hand went up.
I was stunned. These were good kids; I had grown attached to them over the school year. It hit me that these students, at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, understood what I knew too well: The lack of a father in their lives had undermined their education. The young man who spoke up knew that with a father in his house he probably wouldn't be ending 12 years of school in the bottom 10 percent of his class with a D average. His classmate, normally a sweet young woman with a great sense of humor, must have long harbored resentment at her father's absence to speak out as she did. Both had hit upon an essential difference between the kids who make it in school and those who don't: parents.
My students knew intuitively that the reason they were lagging academically had nothing to do with race, which is the too-handy explanation for the achievement gap in Alexandria. And it wasn't because the school system had failed them. They knew that excuses about a lack of resources and access just didn't wash at the new, state-of-the-art,$100 million T.C. Williams, where every student is given a laptop and where there is open enrollment in Advanced Placement and honors courses. Rather, it was because their parents just weren't there for them -- at least not in the same way that parents of kids who were doing well tended to be.

Location hidden

#33859 Jan 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Pro,again. Who commmits acts of terrorism? Duh! That would be terrorists. You are a slow learner, aren't you?
What sense does it make for you to support terrorist against the USA when it will now not even buy a vote for Twitt?
<quoted text>
There is a reason I'm playing semantics with you. If WE ALL REMEMBER back to late Sept/early Oct (around page 1150 or so of this thread) of last year, we,(myself, Bacon, TEW, and others), claimed The Ruler and his administration blamed the attacks in Benghazi on a YouTube video. It was at least Mike for sure, and possibly you too, that claimed the Ruler said the very next day that it was "an act of terror." We claimed he never said that terrorist were responsible for the attacks to which your side said no, he said it was an "act of terror." It was ok for your side to play semantics 4 months ago but how dare we try the same play now. You can't have your cake and eat it too! Your side claimed then it wasn't the same thing and now you're claiming it is? Now in Mike's world, and probably yours too, this all falls into that "grey area" but in my world it's called a contradiction!
There is a reason the symbol of the Republican Party is an elephant, they have good memories.
There is also a reason the symbol of the Commucrat Party is a Jackass, no explanation needed.

Location hidden

#33860 Jan 29, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>There is a reason I'm playing semantics with you. If WE ALL REMEMBER back to late Sept/early Oct (around page 1150 or so of this thread) of last year, we,(myself, Bacon, TEW, and others), claimed The Ruler and his administration blamed the attacks in Benghazi on a YouTube video. It was at least Mike for sure, and possibly you too, that claimed the Ruler said the very next day that it was "an act of terror." We claimed he never said that terrorist were responsible for the attacks to which your side said no, he said it was an "act of terror." It was ok for your side to play semantics 4 months ago but how dare we try the same play now. You can't have your cake and eat it too! Your side claimed then it wasn't the same thing and now you're claiming it is? Now in Mike's world, and probably yours too, this all falls into that "grey area" but in my world it's called a contradiction!
There is a reason the symbol of the Republican Party is an elephant, they have good memories.
There is also a reason the symbol of the Commucrat Party is a Jackass, no explanation needed.
The jackass works hard on the farm to produce food. The elephant just shits in a Circus tent. Besides, Jesus never rode an elephant. His choice was the jackass. No explanation needed.

Location hidden

#33861 Jan 29, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The jackass works hard on the farm to produce food. The elephant just shits in a Circus tent. Besides, Jesus never rode an elephant. His choice was the jackass. No explanation needed.
Cute response. Your party had to vote on whether or not to included Jesus in their platform, with the Republicans it's an understood, no vote needed!

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33862 Jan 29, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Cute response. Your party had to vote on whether or not to included Jesus in their platform, with the Republicans it's an understood, no vote needed!
You mean the republicans actually INCLUDED someone for a change??

Location hidden

#33863 Jan 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
"Why don't you guys study like the kids from Africa?"
In a moment of exasperation last spring, I asked that question to a virtually all-black class of 12th-graders who had done horribly on a test I had just given. A kid who seldom came to class -- and was constantly distracting other students when he did -- shot back: "It's because they have fathers who kick their butts and make them study."
Another student angrily challenged me: "You ask the class, just ask how many of us have our fathers living with us." When I did, not one hand went up.
I was stunned. These were good kids; I had grown attached to them over the school year. It hit me that these students, at T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, understood what I knew too well: The lack of a father in their lives had undermined their education. The young man who spoke up knew that with a father in his house he probably wouldn't be ending 12 years of school in the bottom 10 percent of his class with a D average. His classmate, normally a sweet young woman with a great sense of humor, must have long harbored resentment at her father's absence to speak out as she did. Both had hit upon an essential difference between the kids who make it in school and those who don't: parents.
My students knew intuitively that the reason they were lagging academically had nothing to do with race, which is the too-handy explanation for the achievement gap in Alexandria. And it wasn't because the school system had failed them. They knew that excuses about a lack of resources and access just didn't wash at the new, state-of-the-art,$100 million T.C. Williams, where every student is given a laptop and where there is open enrollment in Advanced Placement and honors courses. Rather, it was because their parents just weren't there for them -- at least not in the same way that parents of kids who were doing well tended to be.
TSF, that's a very nice story; however, I'm at a loss how to respond. Are you saying black children are at a greater risk to fail because there's no father in the home? if so, as I, you'll be labeled a racist. I'm going to post a link that shows the statistics that even this mathematically challenged Republican can understand and again, I'll be labeled a racist for pointing out the unusually high % for whatever reason black children are raised in a single parent family.

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossst... #

More importantly to me, it's not about the percentage, but why are so many black children raised in single parent families and why daily are Caucasians, if this forum is a sampling of the difference in opinions, are crucified because of the failure of the black children in school?

Now I know there are plenty of families black and white where mom and dad are working to make ends meet, but surely as we all learned, there has to be time for our children and material things don't always matter, but one on one time does.

Allen

Penrose, NC

#33864 Jan 29, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, Arnold you never cease to amaze me.
Jolly Ol Elf

Greenville, SC

#33865 Jan 29, 2013
I'll support whoever the hell I want. Good enough?

Location hidden

#33866 Jan 29, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the republicans actually INCLUDED someone for a change??
Yeah Waco, it was between you and Jesus and He could walk on water and you couldn't so He won by default. The Democrats already have Obama, if you're to believe him, MSM and loyal followers, he can walk on water and we had to level the playing field.:)

Location hidden

#33867 Jan 29, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Cute response. Your party had to vote on whether or not to included Jesus in their platform, with the Republicans it's an understood, no vote needed!
Your party voted God in the platform thinking it would reduce the public's perception of your your hostility toward the poor, Hispanics, women and youth. As we see, it was not help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rusty Wallace 7 hr tent250 1
Charlotte, N.C., mayor Patrick Cannon arrested ... (Mar '14) 9 hr mooksmom 14
hCG Weight Loss Doctors in Charlotte, NC 13 hr cheryl 3
Senator Kay Hagan 23 hr Abe Lincoln 2
bggb Wed gest 24
Review: Furniture Medic by D & D Restoration Wed jordennancy23 1
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Tue Francis L 68
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte People Search