Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33784 Jan 28, 2013
If you would like a "religious" opinion for maturity this might be one to look at:
"15. And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months.[He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims." 16. Those are the ones from whom We will accept the best of what they did and overlook their misdeeds,[their being] among the companions of Paradise.[That is] the promise of truth which they had been promised." (Quran, 46: 15-16)

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2010-12-brain-fully-matu...

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33785 Jan 28, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you have proved me right and you wrong. He didn't blame it on terrorist as you claimed, he blamed it on an act of terror as I claimed.
You must listen in order to hear, grasshopper.
Is it unreasonable to blame an act of terror on a.....terrorist?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33786 Jan 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Is it unreasonable to blame an act of terror on a.....terrorist?
Buz-zing-ga! Thank you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33787 Jan 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Arnold based off the definitions of act of terrorism I posted, all of us that talked about having the fear of God put upon us by spanking would make our parents terrorists. I don't think any of us were raised by terrorists. One of the meanings was "causing fear." I can tell you one thing, when my mom got out the old double dogwooder, she must have been on the FBI and Interpols's list of known or wanted terrorists cause there was serious fear placed on me.

Location hidden

#33788 Jan 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Woops, I meant Waco. Arnold's ears might be burning right now!!

Location hidden

#33789 Jan 28, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Buz-zing-ga! Thank you.
Look at the list I provided. "Instilling fear", as I just posted to Waco, our parents must have been terrorists because by all our accounts, indeed they did such.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33790 Jan 28, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>And yes this is a dumb answer. I have to pull out the "bull shit flag". You are such a hypocrite. Just because a child is under your roof, under your care, under your thumb, does not mean their right to express thoughts and opinions on any subject should be revolked. Our childrens opinion should be valued. It is they who are to inherit this country. It is they who will be our future leaders.

In a home where both parents work or in a single parent home, home schooling is not an option. Not all can afford private schools.
When they are no longer in your household, sure.

Your kids are not your friends or peers. They not equals. They are your kids. Till they are out of your home, fending for themselves i.e. paying their own bills etc etc etc, they are not entitled to any sort of freedom of expression or liberties.

He who has the money makes the rules. Why do you think your teammates are stealing it(through taxation) from those who can manage their wealth and giving it away to those who can't?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33792 Jan 28, 2013
Bacon,IMHO, lawyers have ruined this country.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33793 Jan 28, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops, I meant Waco. Arnold's ears might be burning right now!!
Bacon.You're getting me and Arnold confused? He's far more liberal than I am!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33794 Jan 28, 2013
Remember folks.Wal-mart now sells a good amount of"made in America"goods.Buy American, you will rediscover quality.just last week,I was attacked in my backyard by a 900 pound wild boar.It was as big as Chris Christie! Fortunately, I was able to defend myself with my"made in America"mop, which I was able to dispatch the foul-tempered creature with! Afterward,I was still able to do a great job of mopping my floor! Buy American!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33795 Jan 28, 2013
My mom beat me with a belt for thirty minutes one time.Finally, I was able to break free and run screaming down the street.I never should have told her that I voted for Reagan.....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33796 Jan 28, 2013
Can't stay on topic ALL the time.So, who do y'all support for senator in North Carolina in 2010?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33797 Jan 28, 2013
Ok , lets see if we can figure this mystery out. Who commits acts of terrorism? Duh!! That would be terrorist. OK pro , here is test question #1.. So if it was an act of terrorism, into what group would the perps be classified ? I guess Obama did make the mistake of assumig that he was speakng to intelligent persons rather than idiots.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you have proved me right and you wrong. He didn't blame it on terrorist as you claimed, he blamed it on an act of terror as I claimed.
You must listen in order to hear, grasshopper.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33798 Jan 28, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold based off the definitions of act of terrorism I posted, all of us that talked about having the fear of God put upon us by spanking would make our parents terrorists. I don't think any of us were raised by terrorists. One of the meanings was "causing fear." I can tell you one thing, when my mom got out the old double dogwooder, she must have been on the FBI and Interpols's list of known or wanted terrorists cause there was serious fear placed on me.
Bacon that's funny. I got my ass busted when I got out of line but at the same time I knew what I had coming. Is an act of terror not one where there involves some element of suprise? The terror of it all is that you have no warning.

Location hidden

#33799 Jan 28, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids are not your friends or peers. They not equals. They are your kids. Till they are out of your home, fending for themselves i.e. paying their own bills etc etc etc, they are not entitled to any sort of freedom of expression or liberties.
He who has the money makes the rules. Why do you think your teammates are stealing it(through taxation) from those who can manage their wealth and giving it away to those who can't?
So, in your view, Your own children are denied freedom of speech and cannot express an opinion that is different than yours? Their indiviuality is never encouraged? If they do express a different view, do you send them to the tundra region of your house, demand slave labor and food deprivation?

Location hidden

#33800 Jan 28, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your view, Your own children are denied freedom of speech and cannot express an opinion that is different than yours? Their indiviuality is never encouraged? If they do express a different view, do you send them to the tundra region of your house, demand slave labor and food deprivation?
Reminds me the "Cinderella" tale.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33801 Jan 28, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have wealth to manage don't pay enough tax and those who have been over taxed have been left with nothing to manage.

Location hidden

#33802 Jan 28, 2013
It was not until 2012 that Delaware became the first state to adopt the emerging nonviolent European model and pass a statute defining “physical injury” to a child to include "any impairment of physical condition or pain."[15]
Main articles: Discipline in Sudbury Model Democratic Schools and Sudbury Valley School

Sudbury model democratic schools, attended by children ages 4 to 19, claim that popularly-based authority can maintain order more effectively than dictatorial authority for governments and schools alike.

Furthermore they emphasize that much more important than the externals of order is the question of the sources of internal discipline: how does an individual come to develop the inner strength and character that endows his life with order and coherence, an independent person appropriate to a free republic of co-equal citizens, capable of making decisions within a rational, self-consistent framework—a person treating and being treated with respect?

They affirm that the hallmark of the independent person is the ability to bear responsibility and since there is no way of teaching or training another person for self-sufficiency, there is no technique for obtaining or transmitting these traits. Hence, the only way a person becomes responsible for himself is for him to be responsible for himself, with no reservation or qualifications. Thence the need to permit children, at home and school, freedom of choice, freedom of action, and freedom to bear the results of action—the three great freedoms that constitute personal responsibility.[36][37][38]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_discipline...

Location hidden

#33803 Jan 28, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have wealth to manage don't pay enough tax and those who have been over taxed have been left with nothing to manage.
"When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose" Bob Dylan

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33804 Jan 28, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
When they were living at home, yes. They were not entitled to an opinion or "freely express" themselves. Katie and I were and still are of the opinion that our kids are exactly that, our kids. Not our friends.

Now that all four are grown, both of our daughters are married, our eldest boy just got engaged and our youngest boy is almost done with college, they are all quite capable of being able to forumlate their own opinions.

We taught them well and have no complaints. Which is the biggest reason why Katie is on board 100% with going to Singapore. Her one and only concern, obviously, were the kiddos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can someone explain this to me? 24 min wilson 1
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 3 hr Ben_Masada 409
Legit massage for wife? 16 hr Charlottedaddy 4
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) Tue Brian_G 1,909
Cogratulations On Your Sex Offenders Dec 21 Whitey 2
Are All Black Women Fat Ugly and Uneducated Dec 21 Whitey 3
Erica Arcilesi is dishonest, a liar and deadbeat! Dec 20 Jaz1965 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web