Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,625)

Showing posts 32,481 - 32,500 of49,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Personally, I think Feinsteins'gun control proposals are doomed in Congress.The Senate, as well as the House.Pro, do you agree?
In the final analysis, I think mail order ammunition will be curtailed, mental health treatment will be increased, registration of all guns will be impoved with more stipulations, but no assault weapons banned.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 8th grade they teach North Carolina History. High School teaches World History and US History. It is taught in US History in high school and is a stong part of the US History curriculum. Some conservatives also believe that what is taught is wrong. They call it "The Southern War for Indpendence".
Did they move it to the 8th grade. When my daughter was in school it was the 6th grade. Heavens, I remember her working on her N.C. project which included the world famous N.C. booklet, they took a trip to Raleigh and toured all the legislative buildings, etc. She was in private school, I don't know if that made a difference and also that was quite a few years ago.
I believe in the 8th grade they did the U.S. History study. We went to Washington D.C.. This was a pretty long trip and it included not only Washington D.C. but several historical sites of battles, presidents' home, I loved visiting Monticello (my favorite) and when we visited Arlington, we took a reef to be placed on the grave of the unknown soldier (very sobering experience) and as we were leaving some Arlington some dignitary's funeral was being held and lots of secret service and we were told as we got to the place where the cars passed by, especially the family car, to put our hands behind our backs, look down in respect and no pictures. The riderless horse (might not have that right) leading the buggy with the horses with riders pulling the cart leading the funeral procession was very neat to witness. I think those of parents that went enjoyed the trip more than the students. Sue Myrick set it up for us to sit in on a little Congress and Senate meetings and all the members from both parties took time to welcome us and take pictures. Overall, it was a great trip. My MOST favorite place in Washington was the Library of Congress. It's beauty was overwhelming. Do kids still do that in school?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that same analysis apply to Silver and his use of the F bomb?
Maher makes Silver look like an altar boy.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

If the reason W failed to respond to 30+ daily presidential briefings before 9/11 about Osama Bin Laden and his attack plan that killed 3000 Americans is not important, why is it important to know whether the Benghazi killers who killed 4 Americans were terrorist or just criminals? Just for perspective for math challenged republikans, 3000 is 750 times more people killed than 4.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary's comment back of "what does it matter" was jus as idiotic and showed her lack of value in regards to the life of others. Shows how out of touch the elected/appointed officials are with the rest of Americans.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Hillary Cliton did not attack and kill 4 Americans, terrorist did that. So why are republikand attacking and blaming Americans?
Would it have anythig to do with obscuring the fact that republikans had cut the funding to embassy security?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

TSF wrote:
If the reason W failed to respond to 30+ daily presidential briefings before 9/11 about Osama Bin Laden and his attack plan that killed 3000 Americans is not important, why is it important to know whether the Benghazi killers who killed 4 Americans were terrorist or just criminals? Just for perspective for math challenged republikans, 3000 is 750 times more people killed than 4.
<quoted text>
GW was a regular attendee as opposed to Obama:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-skips-...

Now I don't know how many daily meetings they have to form a statistic, but basically Obama checked out on presidential briefings. 44% is a pretty high percentage.

Could 9/11 been stopped, who knows. But I read an article and the last sentence said it best "Over the last 12 years of the presidency in the U.S., who's been minding the wars?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

TSF wrote:
Hillary Cliton did not attack and kill 4 Americans, terrorist did that. So why are republikand attacking and blaming Americans?
Would it have anythig to do with obscuring the fact that republikans had cut the funding to embassy security?
Oh no you didn't TSF. I posted links to you showing where a Ms. Charlene Lamb under senate questioning owned the fact money was there to fund more security for Benghanzi, but SHE didn't see the need to use it. You can accuse the Republicans of cutting funds; however, they didn't completely cut the funds, but you have appointees like Ms. Lamb who take it upon themselves to decide who gets it and who doesn't. You'll have to let the Dems and Ms. Lamb own the fact no money was given for extra security even after being asked for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is important because Obama has declared an "end of the war on terror", so by admitting that the suspects were terrorist would go against what he has already declared. Heaven knows the ruler can't be wrong, it HAD to be civilians protesting a YouTube video!
Again, request had been made for additional security, why did the Ruler's administration deny this request?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks but I know all I need to know about Al Jazeera and "climate change".
I am sure you do not know shit about either, but of course, that is enough for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he has one on HBO. Dennis Miller just has a 5 minute segment on O'Reilly 3 times a week. Just shows where the demand for good comedy is.
Demand? Maher is on HBO, a premium channel that one must pay extra for, Dennis appears on a channel that comes with the basic package of the service provider. Also, Dennis' comedy special appears on HBO every now and then....for those willing to pay extra.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

TSF wrote:
Republicans are the "blame America first"crowd.
Oh, yes, their own catch phrases come back to haunt them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maher makes Silver look like an altar boy.
Well I guess that makes alter boys racists.
Now keep defending your racist buddy.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure you do not know shit about either, but of course, that is enough for you.
Ditto to you! Good AM to yo Mikie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Republicans are the "blame America first"crowd.
Oh, yes, their own catch phrases come back to haunt them.
Mike, if you take the first lie given by the W.H. it wasn't terrorists at all, it was a small crowd pissed off about a you tube video made by an American.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Personally, I think Feinsteins'gun control proposals are doomed in Congress.The Senate, as well as the House.Pro, do you agree?
Yes, her bill will be DOA. More importantly, if you read her bill you will see why the gun owners have been frantic with the Commucrats concerning the 2nd amendment. Again, one bad apple doesn't spoil the bushel but her views have been associated with her entire party when it comes to the views of most gun owners.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess that makes alter boys racists.
Now keep defending your racist buddy.
Will do. Good morning Mike, see you got up on the wrong side of the bed, but keep positive thoughts and you'll feel better as the day progresses.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, if you take the first lie given by the W.H. it wasn't terrorists at all, it was a small crowd pissed off about a you tube video made by an American.
Funny how Mike tries to use the Ruler's slogan of "blame America first" against the Republicans when it's his party that uses it time after time after time.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary's comment back of "what does it matter" was jus as idiotic and showed her lack of value in regards to the life of others. Shows how out of touch the elected/appointed officials are with the rest of Americans.
Rand Paul and his"questions"deserv ed a response like"what does it matter"? His insane Turkish gun smuggling conspiracy, he said later came from something he had"heard".RAND PAUL is the biggest idiot in politics today.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Gosh Mike"my favorite word is chickenshit" Duquette is back!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mike misspelled "altar".That to me indicates that the public school system in America has been eviscerated by lack of funds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,481 - 32,500 of49,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Millions spent on stadiums teachers/police are ... 3 hr Tax Money 1
Satanic Tea Party 16 hr Patriot 11
The Billionaires' Tea Party 16 hr Patriot 11
Gay Republicans 16 hr Patriot 5
black on black crime (Sep '13) 16 hr I Hate Syracuse 12
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 16 hr I Hate Syracuse 4,792
goerge laughrun Mon cba 21
•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
•••
•••