Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33683 Jan 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Want to see sheer stupidity, check out Rand Pauls'idiotic cross-examination of Hillary Clinton.Benghazi? Four dead? There were three hundred marines killed in Beirut under Reagans'watch, in a suicide bombing, where the marine guards didn't even have permission to fire without going through"channels", yet old Teflon Reagan was home free.Four dead in Benghazi, they want to impeach Obama.
Republicans have selective memory. 1983 is just too far back to remember. Hell, So is 2008. No one here seems to remember George Bush.

Location hidden

#33684 Jan 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Want to see sheer stupidity, check out Rand Pauls'idiotic cross-examination of Hillary Clinton.Benghazi? Four dead? There were three hundred marines killed in Beirut under Reagans'watch, in a suicide bombing, where the marine guards didn't even have permission to fire without going through"channels", yet old Teflon Reagan was home free.Four dead in Benghazi, they want to impeach Obama.
I think Rand Paul is still an Amway Distributor.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33685 Jan 27, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching Civics and US History for many years on the high school level, I wish some Republican would tell me specifically the 'liberal agenda' taught in those subjects. Let's hear it from you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party... (United_States)

"Modern American liberalism includes Theodore Roosevelt's New Nationalism, Woodrow Wilson's New Freedom, Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, John F. Kennedy's New Frontier, and Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society. It combines social liberalism with support for social justice and a mixed economy. American liberal causes include voting rights for African Americans, abortion rights for women, gay rights and government entitlements such as education and health care. Modern liberalism stands in opposition to Conservatism in the United States on most issues, but its relationship to progressivism is debated"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_liberalis...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33686 Jan 27, 2013
sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>uh I'm not dem leaning because of your pub ed conspiraciies, tin hat, I'm this way because of republican policies that have failed at the best of times. You act like we should all just forget your last three republican presidents and blame obama cause he hasn't fixed your presidents problems fast enough. You don't just watch a president tank an entire housing industry induced by predatory lending which your pres. Turned a blind eye too and keep cheering. YOU WILL DIE FROM DIABETES FROM ALL THE CONSPIRACAL KOOL AID BS YOU GARGLE AT US
Bush did not tank the housing industry. Clinton signed the banking deregulation into law that directly contributed to the collapse of the economy. When the banks became "all in 1" it was fair game to give people loans and approval to customers who had questionable credit history.

I do have a question for you, where is the peoples responsibility in the collapse of economy in '08? What part of that collapse can we lay on the people, since, it was their inability to pay on time or out right willful nonpayment of their financial obligations?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#33687 Jan 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Hillary's comment back of "what does it matter" was jus as idiotic and showed her lack of value in regards to the life of others. Shows how out of touch the elected/appointed officials are with the rest of Americans.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#33688 Jan 28, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>I teach the Civil War rather extensively from the beginning of the Missouri Compromise in 1820 through the entire period of Reconstruction when Rutherford B. Hayes was elected on his promise of ending Reconstruction. Who does not teach it?
Several years ago my youngest was in 8th grade when I first learned from a teacher that it was no longer in the curriculum. She stated that there were "to many versions" as to why it was caused and now it is just steered clear of. Can't speak for all school systems but I was taught the Civil War during US History. I feel it is a very important part of our history and should be taught.

Location hidden

#33689 Jan 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
People generally pick a political commentator/comedian that suits them.The conservative Dennis Miller is very funny.Rush comes across as insane.I like Maher.That doesn't mean i'm nearly as liberal as Maher, but I find him politically incisive at times.But, RUSH has a good schtick going,a real moneymaker, if I was him, I would laugh all the way to the bank.
One night I was listening to Ann Coulter and she told an interesting story. She and people like Bill Maher, actually take their political disagreements on the road for a "nominal fee" you can see them. She says after they go at each other and make jokes about each other on stage, they'll go get a drink afterwards and laugh and talk a while about what's going on with them and about life in general. She says they're friends, but political foes and from that I found out, for enough money you can or will be friends with anyone. She has been on the road with Joy Behar, Bill Maher, too early to remember the others and she says they really have a good time doing these comedy/political "debate" tours.

Location hidden

#33690 Jan 28, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Rand Paul is still an Amway Distributor.
No, that was Sue Myrick. I liked Sue and she stayed a good many years in Congress, helped her constiuents, she'd call you back personally if you had a problem. Her battle with cancer and age, I believe took its toll on her and Lord knows, she needed a rest. I'm glad she retired because I feel she had been in Congress too long and she needed to enjoy her golden years.

Location hidden

#33691 Jan 28, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, I don't have HBO, but the only thing I know Bill Maher is good for is using his nasty mouth for a trash can. There's a saying that the excessive use of profanity shows mental weakness.
Does that same analysis apply to Silver and his use of the F bomb?

Location hidden

#33692 Jan 28, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Several years ago my youngest was in 8th grade when I first learned from a teacher that it was no longer in the curriculum. She stated that there were "to many versions" as to why it was caused and now it is just steered clear of. Can't speak for all school systems but I was taught the Civil War during US History. I feel it is a very important part of our history and should be taught.
In the 8th grade they teach North Carolina History. High School teaches World History and US History. It is taught in US History in high school and is a stong part of the US History curriculum. Some conservatives also believe that what is taught is wrong. They call it "The Southern War for Indpendence".

Location hidden

#33693 Jan 28, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party... (United_States)
"Modern American liberalism includes Theodore Roosevelt's New Nationalism, Woodrow Wilson's New Freedom, Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal, John F. Kennedy's New Frontier, and Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society. It combines social liberalism with support for social justice and a mixed economy. American liberal causes include voting rights for African Americans, abortion rights for women, gay rights and government entitlements such as education and health care. Modern liberalism stands in opposition to Conservatism in the United States on most issues, but its relationship to progressivism is debated"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_liberalis...
So, your contention is that we should ignore all of those movements in history and keep the student ignorant of them? And you don't think students should express their own personal positions on them. If a student expresses a conservative view, is it held against his grade in the class. Hell No. How stupid.

Location hidden

#33694 Jan 28, 2013
Also, the Civil War has also been referred to as "The War Against Northern Aggression" more recently by Southern conservative groups.

Location hidden

#33695 Jan 28, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Personally, I think Feinsteins'gun control proposals are doomed in Congress.The Senate, as well as the House.Pro, do you agree?
In the final analysis, I think mail order ammunition will be curtailed, mental health treatment will be increased, registration of all guns will be impoved with more stipulations, but no assault weapons banned.

Location hidden

#33696 Jan 28, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
In the 8th grade they teach North Carolina History. High School teaches World History and US History. It is taught in US History in high school and is a stong part of the US History curriculum. Some conservatives also believe that what is taught is wrong. They call it "The Southern War for Indpendence".
Did they move it to the 8th grade. When my daughter was in school it was the 6th grade. Heavens, I remember her working on her N.C. project which included the world famous N.C. booklet, they took a trip to Raleigh and toured all the legislative buildings, etc. She was in private school, I don't know if that made a difference and also that was quite a few years ago.
I believe in the 8th grade they did the U.S. History study. We went to Washington D.C.. This was a pretty long trip and it included not only Washington D.C. but several historical sites of battles, presidents' home, I loved visiting Monticello (my favorite) and when we visited Arlington, we took a reef to be placed on the grave of the unknown soldier (very sobering experience) and as we were leaving some Arlington some dignitary's funeral was being held and lots of secret service and we were told as we got to the place where the cars passed by, especially the family car, to put our hands behind our backs, look down in respect and no pictures. The riderless horse (might not have that right) leading the buggy with the horses with riders pulling the cart leading the funeral procession was very neat to witness. I think those of parents that went enjoyed the trip more than the students. Sue Myrick set it up for us to sit in on a little Congress and Senate meetings and all the members from both parties took time to welcome us and take pictures. Overall, it was a great trip. My MOST favorite place in Washington was the Library of Congress. It's beauty was overwhelming. Do kids still do that in school?

Location hidden

#33697 Jan 28, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that same analysis apply to Silver and his use of the F bomb?
Maher makes Silver look like an altar boy.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33698 Jan 28, 2013
If the reason W failed to respond to 30+ daily presidential briefings before 9/11 about Osama Bin Laden and his attack plan that killed 3000 Americans is not important, why is it important to know whether the Benghazi killers who killed 4 Americans were terrorist or just criminals? Just for perspective for math challenged republikans, 3000 is 750 times more people killed than 4.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary's comment back of "what does it matter" was jus as idiotic and showed her lack of value in regards to the life of others. Shows how out of touch the elected/appointed officials are with the rest of Americans.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33699 Jan 28, 2013
Hillary Cliton did not attack and kill 4 Americans, terrorist did that. So why are republikand attacking and blaming Americans?
Would it have anythig to do with obscuring the fact that republikans had cut the funding to embassy security?

Location hidden

#33700 Jan 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
If the reason W failed to respond to 30+ daily presidential briefings before 9/11 about Osama Bin Laden and his attack plan that killed 3000 Americans is not important, why is it important to know whether the Benghazi killers who killed 4 Americans were terrorist or just criminals? Just for perspective for math challenged republikans, 3000 is 750 times more people killed than 4.
<quoted text>
GW was a regular attendee as opposed to Obama:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-skips-...

Now I don't know how many daily meetings they have to form a statistic, but basically Obama checked out on presidential briefings. 44% is a pretty high percentage.

Could 9/11 been stopped, who knows. But I read an article and the last sentence said it best "Over the last 12 years of the presidency in the U.S., who's been minding the wars?"

Location hidden

#33701 Jan 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
Hillary Cliton did not attack and kill 4 Americans, terrorist did that. So why are republikand attacking and blaming Americans?
Would it have anythig to do with obscuring the fact that republikans had cut the funding to embassy security?
Oh no you didn't TSF. I posted links to you showing where a Ms. Charlene Lamb under senate questioning owned the fact money was there to fund more security for Benghanzi, but SHE didn't see the need to use it. You can accuse the Republicans of cutting funds; however, they didn't completely cut the funds, but you have appointees like Ms. Lamb who take it upon themselves to decide who gets it and who doesn't. You'll have to let the Dems and Ms. Lamb own the fact no money was given for extra security even after being asked for it.

Location hidden

#33702 Jan 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is important because Obama has declared an "end of the war on terror", so by admitting that the suspects were terrorist would go against what he has already declared. Heaven knows the ruler can't be wrong, it HAD to be civilians protesting a YouTube video!
Again, request had been made for additional security, why did the Ruler's administration deny this request?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Michelle, now Scott 13 hr McHenry 3
Papa Sammy's Pizza 15 hr justasmalltowngirl 6
Competative Soccer Leagues in Gaston County Mon Soccer Parent 1
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) Mon UTB 56
bggb Mon guest 5
The Raider Dynasty is OVER! Sun Jaguar Jacquard 19
Senator Kay Hagan Sun Wabash Tsunami 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs