Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,623)

Showing posts 32,441 - 32,460 of50,117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Mike, you ever been to the Carolina Theater?

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>No but grade, middle, and high school are govt education and the Commucrats have spent many years corrupting the minds of our youth.
uh I'm not dem leaning because of your pub ed conspiraciies, tin hat, I'm this way because of republican policies that have failed at the best of times. You act like we should all just forget your last three republican presidents and blame obama cause he hasn't fixed your presidents problems fast enough. You don't just watch a president tank an entire housing industry induced by predatory lending which your pres. Turned a blind eye too and keep cheering. YOU WILL DIE FROM DIABETES FROM ALL THE CONSPIRACAL KOOL AID BS YOU GARGLE AT US
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

On face value, I would agree that could be evidence that the system is protecting that ineffective teacher. But looking closer, if the EOC student grades are being used as the evaluation of that teacher, that teacher's students would probably have outstanding grades on EOC tests. So, based on that metric, you are advocating the dismissal of one of the system's proven best teachers.
The part of your story that I am having trouble with is this: Since the teachers do not even see the tests until 5 minutes before the test begins, and since the tests come in 5 different alternating versions, and since a typical classroom would have around 30 students, and since the test would last around 1.5 to 2 hours, and since there are monitors in each classroom for each test, and since the tests are collected and turned in immediately following the test, the teacher would not even have time to read that many questions and give out the answers.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary, problems do lie within some teachers, not all. My niece for example has the same English teacher that I had when I was in HS...and she was in her 40's when I had her. She must be in her late 60's by now! This lady hasn't taught her much, she constantly forgets to take up class work/homework and very rarely records a grade. My niece even claims the teacher had to ask each student what they made on a test then had to take their word for it because she had already returned the test and most had already discarded them! When it came to EOC time, she gave them the answers! Was this because she failed to teach or was she just trying to protect herself come evaluation time!? When the students/parents complained to administration, their complaints fell on deaf ears.
Now I understand that one bad apple doesn't spoil the bushel but if this isn't an example of teachers first, students second then I'm not sure what is! Call it as you wish but I consider this a "real problem."

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Teaching Civics and US History for many years on the high school level, I wish some Republican would tell me specifically the 'liberal agenda' taught in those subjects. Let's hear it from you.
As a history teacher for many years maybe you can answer why anything regarding the Civil War is no longer taught.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

sevenSecrets wrote:
<quoted text>uh I'm not dem leaning because of your pub ed conspiraciies, tin hat, I'm this way because of republican policies that have failed at the best of times. You act like we should all just forget your last three republican presidents and blame obama cause he hasn't fixed your presidents problems fast enough. You don't just watch a president tank an entire housing industry induced by predatory lending which your pres. Turned a blind eye too and keep cheering. YOU WILL DIE FROM DIABETES FROM ALL THE CONSPIRACAL KOOL AID BS YOU GARGLE AT US
"You act like we should all just forget your last three republican presidents and blame obama cause he hasn't fixed your presidents problems fast enough."

WTF. Fast enough? He hasn't "fixed" anything. Please list the mistakes of the past 3 republican presidents and ANY repairs Obama has made.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Emlu I doubt if Mike has ever heard of the"Carolina Theater", but, I do know that Al Gore will be there on January 29th, for a"Night With Al Gore", if you hurry, you might get a ticket!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Emlu I doubt if Mike has ever heard of the"Carolina Theater", but, I do know that Al Gore will be there on January 29th, for a"Night With Al Gore", if you hurry, you might get a ticket!
Thanks but I know all I need to know about Al Jazeera and "climate change".

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks but I know all I need to know about Al Jazeera and "climate change".
Seems to me y'all got enough"climate change"there lately....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Mystery Exodus:$114B Withdrawn From Banks in Jan.
WOW, Silver who knew you were a billionaire.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe the teacher's incompetance in the classroom, but the Principal's reaction to them about the EOC, makes him liable for not reporting to NCDPI if the story is true, as well as making the school district highly liable for a huge fine that you, the taxpayers of that district, would absord if found guilty of letting a teacher reveal answers on an EOC. What you have revealed is not what is typically done throughout the state. If the parent wants action, they need to take the case over the Principals head to the Chairman of the School Board and the Superintendent of the Schools in that district. This action is highly illegal with consequences. This is one of the standards of public education not taken lightly or dealt with in a passive manner.
I talked to the mother of my niece today and she clarified some things for me.
First, the parents only went to the Principal concerning the class/home work and like I said, their were no improvements. She offered to show me the returned test that had been graded that she was holding onto and the constant zeros that were on the schools website where the teacher hadn't recorded any grades. I shared with her the information you provided concerning the NCDPI to which she said thanks and she would keep for future reference.
Second, concerning the EOC's. the "answers" she eluded to were in the form of a "study guide." She claims her child learned basically nothing until EOC time and that's when the teacher provided the "study guide" about a week before the exam. The students studied in class and at home on their own and she said that almost all of the material was on the test in some form or another.
Now I ask you, because you're in the know "on this topic", would this not be possible? Don't the teachers have some idea of what's going to be test so they'll know what to teach? Isn't there some kind of ciriculum that they must teach by? I'm sure they don't know exact questions and she did say there was a proctor in the classroom, but if one knows "what" to teach, couldn't they provide a "study guide" in order to protect against their (the teachers) incompetence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
As a history teacher for many years maybe you can answer why anything regarding the Civil War is no longer taught.
I teach the Civil War rather extensively from the beginning of the Missouri Compromise in 1820 through the entire period of Reconstruction when Rutherford B. Hayes was elected on his promise of ending Reconstruction. Who does not teach it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I talked to the mother of my niece today and she clarified some things for me.
First, the parents only went to the Principal concerning the class/home work and like I said, their were no improvements. She offered to show me the returned test that had been graded that she was holding onto and the constant zeros that were on the schools website where the teacher hadn't recorded any grades. I shared with her the information you provided concerning the NCDPI to which she said thanks and she would keep for future reference.
Second, concerning the EOC's. the "answers" she eluded to were in the form of a "study guide." She claims her child learned basically nothing until EOC time and that's when the teacher provided the "study guide" about a week before the exam. The students studied in class and at home on their own and she said that almost all of the material was on the test in some form or another.
Now I ask you, because you're in the know "on this topic", would this not be possible? Don't the teachers have some idea of what's going to be test so they'll know what to teach? Isn't there some kind of ciriculum that they must teach by? I'm sure they don't know exact questions and she did say there was a proctor in the classroom, but if one knows "what" to teach, couldn't they provide a "study guide" in order to protect against their (the teachers) incompetence?
No, the test is changed periodically and she probably had a good idea from her past experience what would be emphasized, but the State is known to through curve balls sometimes and ask some pretty obscure questions, especially on the US History exam (which is no long an EOC) Teachers sign a promise not to discuss the test with anyone, including other teachers once the test has been given. Enlish I (Freshman) EOC has been discontinued, and now English II (Sophomore) is the current one test in an EOC. I have never had a 'study guide' to use, and for me to say they are illegal is not within my scope of knowledge. I would hate to speculate on this lady's use of one, as I know very little of the facts regarding this situation. But, you certainly have the right to call NCDPI and check it out. I am sure they would provide you with the correct answer since this is their area of concern.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach the Civil War rather extensively from the beginning of the Missouri Compromise in 1820 through the entire period of Reconstruction when Rutherford B. Hayes was elected on his promise of ending Reconstruction. Who does not teach it?
You should check out Bill Maher on HBO tonite, he answers a lot of the"incorrect assertions"regarding Obama, to a far right guest.Remember how Obama "wasn't going to let military personnel vote"? Crap like that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What you "mean" and what is actual truth are two different things. This is why I asked for evidence of your claim. Of course you cannot produce evidence because you are a lying piece of republican.
I could provide "evidence" if I wanted to go back and copy and paste any of your prior post. Most on here start to read your post then realize its the same rhetoric talking points they saw on MSNBC or it's a contridiction of one of your previous post. then they quit reading.
Maybe it's because of your "grey" philosophy, that you can't decipher the difference between truth or fact, right or wrong, which makes YOU the number one nut.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You should check out Bill Maher on HBO tonite, he answers a lot of the"incorrect assertions"regarding Obama, to a far right guest.Remember how Obama "wasn't going to let military personnel vote"? Crap like that.
You mean Bill Maher still has a show?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Bill Maher still has a show?
Yes, he has one on HBO. Dennis Miller just has a 5 minute segment on O'Reilly 3 times a week. Just shows where the demand for good comedy is.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Bill Maher still has a show?
Haaaa! Yes, Mr.Conservative! En Garde! Take that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Haaaa! Yes, Mr.Conservative! En Garde! Take that!
Waco, I don't have HBO, but the only thing I know Bill Maher is good for is using his nasty mouth for a trash can. There's a saying that the excessive use of profanity shows mental weakness. Bill Maher based off his potty mouth should be planted in a garden because the man has reached a vegetative state. Back at your buddy!!

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, I don't have HBO, but the only thing I know Bill Maher is good for is using his nasty mouth for a trash can. There's a saying that the excessive use of profanity shows mental weakness. Bill Maher based off his potty mouth should be planted in a garden because the man has reached a vegetative state. Back at your buddy!!
Guess we disagree a bit.But, that's what spices life up.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

As a matter of fact, I like Dennis Miller, though he's of the conservative vein, I don't take his democrat jokes personally, and he has been known to use some off-color language himself.Mainly,I just try to keep my morale high, and I am capable of laughing at jokes that poke fun of me and some of my political opinions.If we all stay pissed off constantly, that's no way to live.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,441 - 32,460 of50,117
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) Wed Noel 211
Police charge 16-year-old with uptown Charlotte... Wed shon 6
homeless Wed shon 2
lookin for that boy. where's he at Wed nyc2nc 9
New Online Ministry Wed Dan Roller 1
Millions spent on stadiums teachers/police are ... Tue Tax Money 1
Satanic Tea Party Apr 22 Patriot 11
•••
•••