Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33663 Jan 27, 2013
Mystery Exodus:$114B Withdrawn From Banks in Jan.
WOW, Silver who knew you were a billionaire.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33664 Jan 27, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe the teacher's incompetance in the classroom, but the Principal's reaction to them about the EOC, makes him liable for not reporting to NCDPI if the story is true, as well as making the school district highly liable for a huge fine that you, the taxpayers of that district, would absord if found guilty of letting a teacher reveal answers on an EOC. What you have revealed is not what is typically done throughout the state. If the parent wants action, they need to take the case over the Principals head to the Chairman of the School Board and the Superintendent of the Schools in that district. This action is highly illegal with consequences. This is one of the standards of public education not taken lightly or dealt with in a passive manner.
I talked to the mother of my niece today and she clarified some things for me.
First, the parents only went to the Principal concerning the class/home work and like I said, their were no improvements. She offered to show me the returned test that had been graded that she was holding onto and the constant zeros that were on the schools website where the teacher hadn't recorded any grades. I shared with her the information you provided concerning the NCDPI to which she said thanks and she would keep for future reference.
Second, concerning the EOC's. the "answers" she eluded to were in the form of a "study guide." She claims her child learned basically nothing until EOC time and that's when the teacher provided the "study guide" about a week before the exam. The students studied in class and at home on their own and she said that almost all of the material was on the test in some form or another.
Now I ask you, because you're in the know "on this topic", would this not be possible? Don't the teachers have some idea of what's going to be test so they'll know what to teach? Isn't there some kind of ciriculum that they must teach by? I'm sure they don't know exact questions and she did say there was a proctor in the classroom, but if one knows "what" to teach, couldn't they provide a "study guide" in order to protect against their (the teachers) incompetence?

Location hidden

#33665 Jan 27, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
As a history teacher for many years maybe you can answer why anything regarding the Civil War is no longer taught.
I teach the Civil War rather extensively from the beginning of the Missouri Compromise in 1820 through the entire period of Reconstruction when Rutherford B. Hayes was elected on his promise of ending Reconstruction. Who does not teach it?

Location hidden

#33666 Jan 27, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I talked to the mother of my niece today and she clarified some things for me.
First, the parents only went to the Principal concerning the class/home work and like I said, their were no improvements. She offered to show me the returned test that had been graded that she was holding onto and the constant zeros that were on the schools website where the teacher hadn't recorded any grades. I shared with her the information you provided concerning the NCDPI to which she said thanks and she would keep for future reference.
Second, concerning the EOC's. the "answers" she eluded to were in the form of a "study guide." She claims her child learned basically nothing until EOC time and that's when the teacher provided the "study guide" about a week before the exam. The students studied in class and at home on their own and she said that almost all of the material was on the test in some form or another.
Now I ask you, because you're in the know "on this topic", would this not be possible? Don't the teachers have some idea of what's going to be test so they'll know what to teach? Isn't there some kind of ciriculum that they must teach by? I'm sure they don't know exact questions and she did say there was a proctor in the classroom, but if one knows "what" to teach, couldn't they provide a "study guide" in order to protect against their (the teachers) incompetence?
No, the test is changed periodically and she probably had a good idea from her past experience what would be emphasized, but the State is known to through curve balls sometimes and ask some pretty obscure questions, especially on the US History exam (which is no long an EOC) Teachers sign a promise not to discuss the test with anyone, including other teachers once the test has been given. Enlish I (Freshman) EOC has been discontinued, and now English II (Sophomore) is the current one test in an EOC. I have never had a 'study guide' to use, and for me to say they are illegal is not within my scope of knowledge. I would hate to speculate on this lady's use of one, as I know very little of the facts regarding this situation. But, you certainly have the right to call NCDPI and check it out. I am sure they would provide you with the correct answer since this is their area of concern.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33667 Jan 27, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I teach the Civil War rather extensively from the beginning of the Missouri Compromise in 1820 through the entire period of Reconstruction when Rutherford B. Hayes was elected on his promise of ending Reconstruction. Who does not teach it?
You should check out Bill Maher on HBO tonite, he answers a lot of the"incorrect assertions"regarding Obama, to a far right guest.Remember how Obama "wasn't going to let military personnel vote"? Crap like that.

Location hidden

#33668 Jan 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What you "mean" and what is actual truth are two different things. This is why I asked for evidence of your claim. Of course you cannot produce evidence because you are a lying piece of republican.
I could provide "evidence" if I wanted to go back and copy and paste any of your prior post. Most on here start to read your post then realize its the same rhetoric talking points they saw on MSNBC or it's a contridiction of one of your previous post. then they quit reading.
Maybe it's because of your "grey" philosophy, that you can't decipher the difference between truth or fact, right or wrong, which makes YOU the number one nut.

Location hidden

#33669 Jan 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You should check out Bill Maher on HBO tonite, he answers a lot of the"incorrect assertions"regarding Obama, to a far right guest.Remember how Obama "wasn't going to let military personnel vote"? Crap like that.
You mean Bill Maher still has a show?

Location hidden

#33670 Jan 27, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Bill Maher still has a show?
Yes, he has one on HBO. Dennis Miller just has a 5 minute segment on O'Reilly 3 times a week. Just shows where the demand for good comedy is.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33671 Jan 27, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You mean Bill Maher still has a show?
Haaaa! Yes, Mr.Conservative! En Garde! Take that!

Location hidden

#33672 Jan 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Haaaa! Yes, Mr.Conservative! En Garde! Take that!
Waco, I don't have HBO, but the only thing I know Bill Maher is good for is using his nasty mouth for a trash can. There's a saying that the excessive use of profanity shows mental weakness. Bill Maher based off his potty mouth should be planted in a garden because the man has reached a vegetative state. Back at your buddy!!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33673 Jan 27, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, I don't have HBO, but the only thing I know Bill Maher is good for is using his nasty mouth for a trash can. There's a saying that the excessive use of profanity shows mental weakness. Bill Maher based off his potty mouth should be planted in a garden because the man has reached a vegetative state. Back at your buddy!!
Guess we disagree a bit.But, that's what spices life up.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33674 Jan 27, 2013
As a matter of fact, I like Dennis Miller, though he's of the conservative vein, I don't take his democrat jokes personally, and he has been known to use some off-color language himself.Mainly,I just try to keep my morale high, and I am capable of laughing at jokes that poke fun of me and some of my political opinions.If we all stay pissed off constantly, that's no way to live.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33675 Jan 27, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dredd Scott decision by the supreme court illustrates to me how the law can be bent to suit personal and popular biases of the day.

Location hidden

#33676 Jan 27, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maher in no way compares with Rush Limbaugh in the area of comedy.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33677 Jan 27, 2013
People generally pick a political commentator/comedian that suits them.The conservative Dennis Miller is very funny.Rush comes across as insane.I like Maher.That doesn't mean i'm nearly as liberal as Maher, but I find him politically incisive at times.But, RUSH has a good schtick going,a real moneymaker, if I was him, I would laugh all the way to the bank.

Location hidden

#33678 Jan 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The Dredd Scott decision by the supreme court illustrates to me how the law can be bent to suit personal and popular biases of the day.
The Compromise of 1850, The Dred Scott Decision, and "Uncle Tom's Cabin" made the Civil War inevitable. The election of Lincoln was just the icing on the cake.

You are right. Plessy vs. Ferugson in 1898 shows the bias and prejudice to a greater degree than Dred Scott. That ruling came down after we were declared "free", which makes it even more hypocritical.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33679 Jan 27, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The Compromise of 1850, The Dred Scott Decision, and "Uncle Tom's Cabin" made the Civil War inevitable. The election of Lincoln was just the icing on the cake.
You are right. Plessy vs. Ferugson in 1898 shows the bias and prejudice to a greater degree than Dred Scott. That ruling came down after we were declared "free", which makes it even more hypocritical.
The Supreme Court to an extent rules along party lines.Since the justices are appointed for life, they are immune, or presumed to be immune, to political pressure.

Location hidden

#33680 Jan 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
People generally pick a political commentator/comedian that suits them.The conservative Dennis Miller is very funny.Rush comes across as insane.I like Maher.That doesn't mean i'm nearly as liberal as Maher, but I find him politically incisive at times.But, RUSH has a good schtick going,a real moneymaker, if I was him, I would laugh all the way to the bank.
You are right. At the bank is where his comedy is king. It's his dedicated followers that are the Court Jesters. How many more elections can he give to the Democrats?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33681 Jan 27, 2013
Personally, I think Feinsteins'gun control proposals are doomed in Congress.The Senate, as well as the House.Pro, do you agree?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33682 Jan 27, 2013
Want to see sheer stupidity, check out Rand Pauls'idiotic cross-examination of Hillary Clinton.Benghazi? Four dead? There were three hundred marines killed in Beirut under Reagans'watch, in a suicide bombing, where the marine guards didn't even have permission to fire without going through"channels", yet old Teflon Reagan was home free.Four dead in Benghazi, they want to impeach Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 41 min witchie poo 401
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) 49 min force me 36
Cherry Crush 18 hr Cherry Dreams 1
why do i only see darkness in light? Wed Displaced 2
Legit massage for wife? Wed Hornetcpl 3
Woman Who Stabbed Neighbor To ‘Get The Devil Ou... (Jul '11) Tue Lola_Bunny 8
bush 2016!!! Tue BUSH 2016 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web