Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33593 Jan 26, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>1.5 administrators per teacher is excessive I agree but it's not the only problem. The thinking of it's a right to an education, the ideology behind the teaching, it's the "everyone is a winner" mentality while removing the competition aspect that has crippled our schools as well as our country, the thinking that more money solves all of our problems, and the teachers first, students second attitude that has destroyed our schools. We need trim the fat by cutting administration, make families realize that education is a privilege and if you're not oin board you get left behind, remove the hidden ideologies and agendas from schools, offer vouchers for private education for those who can't afford it, quit wasting the taxpayers money for a fat administration and unqualified teachers who shouldn't be teaching but are protected by the unions while improving compensation for those teachers that are excelling, bring back competition so that the cream rises to the top which inspires those who are lacking to try harder, and put the students first, ahead of administration, teachers, agendas, tenures, etc...!
Typical liberal, attack the opposition instead of suggesting solutions.
You two guys,TSF and PRO....may be on opposite sides of the fence but you've both hit on the problems associated with education in America.This"everyone is a winner"stuff literally makes me sick when I think of how competitive foreign students are compared to ours these days.Japanese, Chinese, Pakistani, and Indian kids compete with each other like crazy, they know you have to EARN the sobriquet of"winner"!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33594 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Taxpayer, Mike and I wrote the Manifesto. Oh, and Lee Harvey Oswald, too, I forgot about him.
Taxpayer thinks J. EDGAR HOOVER was top liberal....come to think of it I have almost forgotten the Communist Manifesto...need to brush up..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33595 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Taxpayer thinks J. EDGAR HOOVER was top liberal....come to think of it I have almost forgotten the Communist Manifesto...need to brush up..
Taxpayer, God bless him, makes Jesse Helms look as extreme left as Fidel Castro. J. Edgar Hoover was gay, so no doubt he was a liberal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33596 Jan 26, 2013
Waco, do you have an extra bottle of iodine I could borrow until pay day? My balls are drying up.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33597 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Waco, do you have an extra bottle of iodine I could borrow until pay day? My balls are drying up.
Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33598 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, God bless him, makes Jesse Helms look as extreme left as Fidel Castro. J. Edgar Hoover was gay, so no doubt he was a liberal.
But Rock Hudson? That took me by surprise...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33599 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....
Vapo-Rub? Too kinky for me.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33600 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Vapo-Rub? Too kinky for me.
Better than "Insta-Freeze" rub!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33601 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Vapo-Rub? Too kinky for me.
Better than Ben-Gay.....
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33602 Jan 26, 2013
That originated with the wisdom that damaging a child's self esteem was always harmful. This came about the same time that the shrinks decided that parents should raise their children as peers rather than subordinates. Then parents were investigated for child abuse if they used corporal punishment, so parents understandably became afraid to discipline their own children. This was in stark contrast to the model under which most parents were raised. My grandpa didn't hesitate to damage my self esteem with a hoe handle and I had no misunderstanding about who was the subordinate or misgivings about following instructions carefully and immediately. If I encounted trouble at school, I was in trouble at home if he found out. I didnt like all my teachers, but I was very hesitant to show any sign of disrespect.
Which system is better? I don't know. Most kids today seem actually well behaved comparativly speaking.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You two guys,TSF and PRO....may be on opposite sides of the fence but you've both hit on the problems associated with education in America.This"everyone is a winner"stuff literally makes me sick when I think of how competitive foreign students are compared to ours these days.Japanese, Chinese, Pakistani, and Indian kids compete with each other like crazy, they know you have to EARN the sobriquet of"winner"!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33603 Jan 26, 2013
If everyone is a winner, why try? Breathe in, breathe out....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33604 Jan 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
That originated with the wisdom that damaging a child's self esteem was always harmful. This came about the same time that the shrinks decided that parents should raise their children as peers rather than subordinates. Then parents were investigated for child abuse if they used corporal punishment, so parents understandably became afraid to discipline their own children. This was in stark contrast to the model under which most parents were raised. My grandpa didn't hesitate to damage my self esteem with a hoe handle and I had no misunderstanding about who was the subordinate or misgivings about following instructions carefully and immediately. If I encounted trouble at school, I was in trouble at home if he found out. I didnt like all my teachers, but I was very hesitant to show any sign of disrespect.
Which system is better? I don't know. Most kids today seem actually well behaved comparativly speaking.
<quoted text>
My mom used to holler at me while she was hitting me. I used to think...do one or the other, but please God, not both at the same time.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33605 Jan 26, 2013
I'd rather be knocked around, than screamed at.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33606 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom used to holler at me while she was hitting me. I used to think...do one or the other, but please God, not both at the same time.
Arnold that is so funny. It must have been the MO for whipping back in the day. Not only did my mother holler while whipping, but I used to think, God have mercy, she's whipped me, hollered while doing it and for at least a week she gave a daily reminder of the whipping you received and why. The daily reminder was as bad as the whipping and hollering.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33607 Jan 26, 2013
Bacon,
Watch this. password is "iaf"

https://vimeo.com/54400569

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33608 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold that is so funny. It must have been the MO for whipping back in the day. Not only did my mother holler while whipping, but I used to think, God have mercy, she's whipped me, hollered while doing it and for at least a week she gave a daily reminder of the whipping you received and why. The daily reminder was as bad as the whipping and hollering.
Mothers were certainly on the same waive length then. It had an effect. If I was going to do something that may have a consequence that my mom would find out about, I would think of her. Kind of like a god on earth that you would be responsable to.'Putting the fear of God in you', is something we all understand from that time period. Like yours, mine was good with reminders.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33609 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....
By the way, did you say who was doing the rubbing?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33610 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, did you say who was doing the rubbing?
Easy AZ, some things are better left to the imagination!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33611 Jan 26, 2013
My mom told me"cut me a switch".....I hauled ass up the street and didn't come back for a day or so....I was an odd child...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Houston

#33612 Jan 26, 2013
If my mother wanted to whip me, she had to ambush my little ass....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blow you ACL out Cam Newton 5 hr COLDHARDTRUTH 3
randy dale adkins fireman sends nude's 7 hr cock blocker 2
Poll Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) 7 hr pope 552
What is the best little town in North Carolina? (May '08) 9 hr Justin 169
united air temp scam Feb 4 Becky 1
Kyle Fleischmann (May '11) Feb 3 Omg 9
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Feb 3 Disintegrating IBM 296
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages