Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33581 Jan 26, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think human resources will tell a black they were hired solely to meet affirmative action requirements?
Yes, you're right. They told me that at the interview. They said my 3.8 College GPA was just too low for their standards of hiring, so they had to hire me on the government quota system.

Location hidden

#33582 Jan 26, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why they smell like iodine???:)
That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

Location hidden

#33583 Jan 26, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
Here, here!! Wait a minute, AMEN brother!!

Location hidden

#33584 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting that there are some right wing nut jobs. That's a good beginning. There are also left wing nut jobs. I just can't recall any right now. Make a suggestion. Obama maybe?
You.

Location hidden

#33585 Jan 26, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>No reason to articulate or elaborate, you're the only one on here that can't read and comprehend. Everyone knows what I mean!
Here, here and AMEN brother!!!

Location hidden

#33586 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
You.
Here, Here. Amen sister!

Location hidden

#33587 Jan 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Teachers, teachers,, bla, bla . You have never had contact with the army of administrative and support personnel in US schools. For every 39 teachers ACTUALLY teaching students in the USA, there are 61 administrative and support personnel. Guess why the per student costs are so high here.
In a rowing race between Japan and the US, the Japanese had 19 rowing and one supervisor and won the race. The US had 19 supervisors and one rowing. After the loss, republikans formed a committee to review the performance of the rower. Hiring more whipmasters is the only performance plan republikans can conceive.
<quoted text>
1.5 administrators per teacher is excessive I agree but it's not the only problem. The thinking of it's a right to an education, the ideology behind the teaching, it's the "everyone is a winner" mentality while removing the competition aspect that has crippled our schools as well as our country, the thinking that more money solves all of our problems, and the teachers first, students second attitude that has destroyed our schools. We need trim the fat by cutting administration, make families realize that education is a privilege and if you're not on board you get left behind, remove the hidden ideologies and agendas from schools, offer vouchers for private education for those who can't afford it, quit wasting the taxpayers money for a fat administration and unqualified teachers who shouldn't be teaching but are protected by the unions while improving compensation for those teachers that are excelling, bring back competition so that the cream rises to the top which inspires those who are lacking to try harder, and put the students first, ahead of administration, teachers, agendas, tenures, etc...!
Typical liberal, attack the opposition instead of suggesting solutions.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33588 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.
Of course, you're still a communist! ;)
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33589 Jan 26, 2013
You are begining to understand the problem. It isn't teachers first, its administration first. I agree that the focus should be on students. Instead, it is on forcing teachers to jump through administrative hoops and obstacles presented by the $100,000 + per year army of administrators. Superintendents,assistant superintendents, associate superintendents, 501 coordinators, purchasing agents, drop out prevention councelors, guidance counselors, curriculum coordinators, testing coordinators, principals, assistant principals, coaches, assistant coaches, computer supervisors, psychologist, nurses,--the list goes on and on. Add in the incessant reorganization and so called reform that makes it appear that administrators are essential while producing nothing more than inefficiency, confusion and demoralization. Everything that has failed in California will be tried in North Carolina around 10 years after it failed in Ca.
The accomplishments of the teaachers is in spite of the administration rather than because of them.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>1.5 administrators per teacher is excessive I agree but it's not the only problem. The thinking of it's a right to an education, the ideology behind the teaching, it's the "everyone is a winner" mentality while removing the competition aspect that has crippled our schools as well as our country, the thinking that more money solves all of our problems, and the teachers first, students second attitude that has destroyed our schools. We need trim the fat by cutting administration, make families realize that education is a privilege and if you're not on board you get left behind, remove the hidden ideologies and agendas from schools, offer vouchers for private education for those who can't afford it, quit wasting the taxpayers money for a fat administration and unqualified teachers who shouldn't be teaching but are protected by the unions while improving compensation for those teachers that are excelling, bring back competition so that the cream rises to the top which inspires those who are lacking to try harder, and put the students first, ahead of administration, teachers, agendas, tenures, etc...!
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33590 Jan 26, 2013
Also, here is no teachers union in North Carolina. Collective barganing for NC state employees is illegal.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33591 Jan 26, 2013
So a juvenile in NC is arrested , tried and convicted for armed robery and other crimes.. Likely as not, the judge will sentence him to return to school and "be good" as part of his probation. Yes, there are problems in our schools. Only very rarely does the problem lie with a teacher. That republikan noise machine is making you blind to real problems.

Location hidden

#33592 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, you're still a communist! ;)
According to Taxpayer, Mike and I wrote the Manifesto. Oh, and Lee Harvey Oswald, too, I forgot about him.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33593 Jan 26, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>1.5 administrators per teacher is excessive I agree but it's not the only problem. The thinking of it's a right to an education, the ideology behind the teaching, it's the "everyone is a winner" mentality while removing the competition aspect that has crippled our schools as well as our country, the thinking that more money solves all of our problems, and the teachers first, students second attitude that has destroyed our schools. We need trim the fat by cutting administration, make families realize that education is a privilege and if you're not oin board you get left behind, remove the hidden ideologies and agendas from schools, offer vouchers for private education for those who can't afford it, quit wasting the taxpayers money for a fat administration and unqualified teachers who shouldn't be teaching but are protected by the unions while improving compensation for those teachers that are excelling, bring back competition so that the cream rises to the top which inspires those who are lacking to try harder, and put the students first, ahead of administration, teachers, agendas, tenures, etc...!
You two guys,TSF and PRO....may be on opposite sides of the fence but you've both hit on the problems associated with education in America.This"everyone is a winner"stuff literally makes me sick when I think of how competitive foreign students are compared to ours these days.Japanese, Chinese, Pakistani, and Indian kids compete with each other like crazy, they know you have to EARN the sobriquet of"winner"!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33594 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Taxpayer, Mike and I wrote the Manifesto. Oh, and Lee Harvey Oswald, too, I forgot about him.
Taxpayer thinks J. EDGAR HOOVER was top liberal....come to think of it I have almost forgotten the Communist Manifesto...need to brush up..

Location hidden

#33595 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Taxpayer thinks J. EDGAR HOOVER was top liberal....come to think of it I have almost forgotten the Communist Manifesto...need to brush up..
Taxpayer, God bless him, makes Jesse Helms look as extreme left as Fidel Castro. J. Edgar Hoover was gay, so no doubt he was a liberal.

Location hidden

#33596 Jan 26, 2013
Waco, do you have an extra bottle of iodine I could borrow until pay day? My balls are drying up.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33597 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Waco, do you have an extra bottle of iodine I could borrow until pay day? My balls are drying up.
Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#33598 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, God bless him, makes Jesse Helms look as extreme left as Fidel Castro. J. Edgar Hoover was gay, so no doubt he was a liberal.
But Rock Hudson? That took me by surprise...

Location hidden

#33599 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....
Vapo-Rub? Too kinky for me.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33600 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Vapo-Rub? Too kinky for me.
Better than "Insta-Freeze" rub!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 6 hr julim12345 135
Caravan Coffee (Dec '11) 15 hr Coffee Snob 20
ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubb... 15 hr Fortune Teller 4
Will Coach Roy Williams eventually be forced o... Fri Flagger 19
East Gaston Football (Sep '08) Fri RobKeaton 876
Debate: Marijuana - Charlotte, NC (Aug '10) Fri Love R. 108
bggb Oct 22 guest 6
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs