“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#33500 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats of today are becoming Socialkrats. What's next, the Commukrats??
Taxpayer?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33501 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No questions for me to ponder. BTW, "illegal aliens" is now considered racist. It should be illegal or undocumented. Arnold, crooked and greedy business owners do not make illegals flood our country. We have plenty of poor people or unemployed right here in this country that would work those jobs. It is as "illegal" for the crooked and greedy business owners to employee these people as it is for the "illegals" to be here. Two "illegals" don't make for a "legal." I say the government should close shop on the greedy business owners, send the illegals back and if you're that concerned about the cost of produce, grow you a garden.
The problem is that the unemployed people in this country tradionally will not work those jobs in agriculture as they are too hard and "demeaning". What is the grower to do when he has no legal candidates to choose from? Let his crop go under? You and your husband are business owners. What would you do in the grower's situation? Hire undocumented, or let your crop fail? Seems like I already know the answer. I do have a garden and it helps a lot, and you also know where your produce is coming from which is good for health reasons. Being a vegatarian, do you not think I would have a garden?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33502 Jan 26, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're suggesting we pay them for the tragedies their forefathers endured? Then who's going to pay us for the tragedies of slavery that our European forefathers endured in Africa back in the day? Do some research, the number of European slaves in Africa far outnumber the amount of black slaves in the states.
You will have to ask Africa about that. This is America moron.

Location hidden

#33503 Jan 26, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Why is that AZ? If "lobbyists" are in DC, what does it matter if they are for the "poor"? What is it lobbyists for the poor do? They want programs for the poor correct and has there not been an expansion of programs benefiting the poor?
It was a tongue in cheek statement. Saturday morning sarcasim. The real issue is lobbyists and PAC for the interest of the wealthy who can afford this bribery.

Location hidden

#33504 Jan 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> HBO?
That's great. I thought it was only BET that we got for free. LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33505 Jan 26, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks in part to the liberal agenda being taught in public schools....obviously!
Studies show that registered voters 18-28 years old with a HS diploma or have a college degree are primarily Democrat but from 30-45 with the same credentials, they're primarily Republican. Why? Because they've been professionally indoctrinated by govt schools to believe in the liberal's BS utopia but once they graduate and move into the real world, they realize everything they've been taught was a lie!
There are many possible answers to a question such as this. You evidently think only one conclusion is possible to a statistic. Black and white flawed philosophy.
Maybe the young people are just taking note of how moronic the repugblican party is today.
College is not public education moron.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33506 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The ghost of Joseph McCarthy will never die as long as one Republican remains. The "Red Scare Boogaloo" goes on and on.
I am surprised tea party types do not hold up pictures of McCarthy in praise.

I guess the public schools are teaching the liberal propaganda that Joe was a bad guy.

Location hidden

#33507 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the unemployed people in this country tradionally will not work those jobs in agriculture as they are too hard and "demeaning". What is the grower to do when he has no legal candidates to choose from? Let his crop go under? You and your husband are business owners. What would you do in the grower's situation? Hire undocumented, or let your crop fail? Seems like I already know the answer. I do have a garden and it helps a lot, and you also know where your produce is coming from which is good for health reasons. Being a vegatarian, do you not think I would have a garden?
Arnold, we'd go under. Just because the workers are cheap labor, doesn't mean we'd take the risk of breaking the law and the fines that go along with it. Again, two "illegals" don't make a "legal." Arnold as piss pot poor as this country is right now, there's plenty of people that would be proud to have a job to put food on the table and a roof over their head. BTW, my husband has had plenty of opportunities to hire illegals, and we just don't/won't do it. As I've stated before, we hire college students and people beating the bushes until the economy gets better. We work around the college students' schedules, pay them a decent wage, considering many don't know what they're doing and some do want to learn the trade. We've had the young, "yuppie" boys come on the job and it killed them for a while to do manual labor, but hey when payday came around and they got their pay, they didn't mind.

Location hidden

#33508 Jan 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
The parties have changed. Come to the present please.
Bacon, Of course MLK's father was a Republican. They were for the first hundred years after the Civil War. My parents and almost all black people were Republicans then. Blacks moved over to the Democratic side after LBJ pushed and passed the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts. Strom Thurmond abandoned the Democrat party and took the white segreationist with him over to the Republican party. There they remain to this day. Easy enough to research.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33509 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you jumped in for Arnold, I'll ask you, do believe in a one party rule? Per, Arnold, his comrades and you, the Republicans are wrong on everything. So if the Demokrats are so right about all things not only in the U.S. but the world, I would think you would like to have Dems just rule the country. Therefore, you lean toward communist rule. That is what communists do isn't it? Find one party, vote in a single ruler from that party and run the whole show. It's not about the "boogers", "Red Witch Hunts" etc, look at your own posts. You all are just happy as pigs in slop that Dems could just rule forever. Hell, let's just go ahead and start with the one party forever rule now and make all your above listed voters happy and all will be right in the U.S.
Do we have one party rule today? No, so get off the communism thing Joe.
But your communism rhetoric does help our party win, as so many see it as McCarthyism. McCarthy was a nut, Taxpayer is a nut, and now you are showing the same nuttyness.

Keep up the good work showing everyone what a real republican thinks.

Location hidden

#33510 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, we'd go under. Just because the workers are cheap labor, doesn't mean we'd take the risk of breaking the law and the fines that go along with it. Again, two "illegals" don't make a "legal." Arnold as piss pot poor as this country is right now, there's plenty of people that would be proud to have a job to put food on the table and a roof over their head. BTW, my husband has had plenty of opportunities to hire illegals, and we just don't/won't do it. As I've stated before, we hire college students and people beating the bushes until the economy gets better. We work around the college students' schedules, pay them a decent wage, considering many don't know what they're doing and some do want to learn the trade. We've had the young, "yuppie" boys come on the job and it killed them for a while to do manual labor, but hey when payday came around and they got their pay, they didn't mind.
I don't believe for one minute that if your business was forced to hire illegals or go under that you would choose to go under. Not in your nature. You would bend the rules to survive. So are the growers.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33511 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No questions for me to ponder. BTW, "illegal aliens" is now considered racist. It should be illegal or undocumented. Arnold, crooked and greedy business owners do not make illegals flood our country. We have plenty of poor people or unemployed right here in this country that would work those jobs. It is as "illegal" for the crooked and greedy business owners to employee these people as it is for the "illegals" to be here. Two "illegals" don't make for a "legal." I say the government should close shop on the greedy business owners, send the illegals back and if you're that concerned about the cost of produce, grow you a garden.
The words "illegal aliens" and "undocumented" yes these words have the same meaning however, the argument was about the tone that Mitt Romney used when speaking about these people and other groups. You can't expect someone to cast a vote for you when you speak to them and at them as if they are less than dogs. How can Mitt even suggest that 12 million people just pack up and self deport, just because he thinks it is the right thing to do. Yes they have flooded our boarders for years and blind eyes have been turned for years. As TSF stated businesses even shuttled them here for cheap labor. These people have contributed much to this economy. Do you have any idea the labor and skill it takes in the field of horticulture on a scale larger than a back yard garden? Do you give any thought to where the seed packs and vegetable plants come from that you find in your local nurseries? Or even the flowers that we purchase to adorn our landscapes?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33512 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven, you apparently didn't read a positive report I gave Hillary Clinton the other day. There are some Dems I think are good elected leaders; however, unlike some on here, I don't despise the Democrat party. A two party system is how it is suppose to be, but there are some on here that are and will always be happy with one party. I have voted for candidates from both parties. LOL on the guilty as Mike thing, you know I'm not that bad yet. Mike would be happy with a one party, Democrat rule.
I am fully aware absolute power is corruptive, so I am thus glad we have opposing parties. Of course I like mine to have a bit more control. But without the republicans keeping tabs on them,they could go to far. Moderation is key.
The republicans seem far to extreme in my opinion, so I think the moderate balance is to have more democrats in power.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33513 Jan 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There are many possible answers to a question such as this. You evidently think only one conclusion is possible to a statistic. Black and white flawed philosophy.
Maybe the young people are just taking note of how moronic the repugblican party is today.
College is not public education moron.
What do you call state funded universities homo? Public education.

Institutions of higher learning are a privledge, not a right.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33514 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>You just may want to familiarize youself with the Supreme Court ruling of Texas vs. White to see if a state can "peacefully seceed" from the Union. But, I know you won't, and will just continue to post ignorantly.
Then I guess that means Texas has to go back to Mexico, Alaska has to go back to the rusky's, Hawaii is on its own. Puerto Rico can't be granted statehood. California goes back to Mexico. Louisiana purchase goes back to France.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33515 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I think there's something you're failing to grasp. I'm John Q Public, I don't know anyone that has the money to run for president nor will I ever and I'd venture to say 99% of most people voting don't have the financial capability to run for POTUS. So, you're saying me, a Republican, personally picked Mitt Romney as the Republican candidate and everyone that voted for him? By your own admission you gave pause to not vote for Obama for whatever reason, and I still don't know if you did or didn't; however, why are Republicans like me guilty of being the presenter of an idiot for a candidate? You, Mr. Independent, have a bad habit of lumping everyone into one stereotypical category based off of their affiliation to a political party. Everyone in the Republican party in your eyes are rich, greedy, Bible thumpers, against science and math (it's not I'm against math, I just suck at it), education in general, racists and rednecks. I don't know you, but we both have college degrees, my kid attended private school, yours' didn't but I believe from previous posts by you, your children as mine have done just fine, I'm a christian, I'm not greedy and I'm damn sure I pay my fair share of taxes and probably then some, I'm called a racist because I don't believe anyone of any race should get a perpetual free ride off the back of hard working citizens and the word "illegal immigrant" "undocumented worker" i.e. illegal means they're ILLEGAL, just like murder, driving drunk, speeding etc. The word "illegal" means it's against the law. I didn't make up the meaning, it's right there in the dictionary. The opposite of "legal" is "illegal", get it? Therefore, I think they should enter the country legally and if it takes a while, that's not my problem to pony up and pay benefits for them until it's LEGAL. I might be a redneck, but rest assured I'm not a skank redneck.
Can I buy a paragraph?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33516 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a system in this country known as "Primaries". The candidate comes from this system to be the nominee who carries the most support. Maybe your favorite candidate didn't win the Republican primary, but you certainly voted for Romney. Now, you are saying you are not responsible for Romney?
The sad part is,Mitt was one of the more moderate ones in the bunch.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33517 Jan 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Arnold for making me aware of what a "primary election" is. What I do without your not so subtle sarcastic wisdom? If my favorite candidate didn't win in the primary and it wasn't Romney would that make me responsible for him being the Republican nominee? I did vote Romney in the general election, so does that make me responsible for him being the Republican nominee? That is the point I was making to TSF. I would have voted for anyone but Obama.
I see you failed to admit who you voted for in the primaries. Grow some balls(metaphor).

Location hidden

#33518 Jan 26, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe for one minute that if your business was forced to hire illegals or go under that you would choose to go under. Not in your nature. You would bend the rules to survive. So are the growers.
Arnold, pardon my language but you don't know $hit about how we run our business and what we'd do. When my husband first started out, he worked by himself with the help of a sub contractor when needed. It paid the bills and we survived. We're not into prison time or legal fines. All you're going off of is your opinion and frankly I don't give a damn what you think you know is in my nature. It's a$$holes you like that run around thinking they know everything about everyone when you don't and then you want to label them based off your skewed misconceptions. "I bet it was in your nature to take a job based off affirmative action. Would I be correct in assuming that you couldn't get a job based off your ability but based off your race?" Now how does it feel to have someone accuse you of something they know nothing about? That is an example of how you operate. Own it Arnold.

Location hidden

#33519 Jan 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do we have one party rule today? No, so get off the communism thing Joe.
But your communism rhetoric does help our party win, as so many see it as McCarthyism. McCarthy was a nut, Taxpayer is a nut, and now you are showing the same nuttyness.
Keep up the good work showing everyone what a real republican thinks.
Read the post you responded to idiot. I said "do you believe in a one party rule." There's no hope for your stupidity. Done with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany Wright - WSOC-TV Tue Grams 5
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Mon Jessica g 132
dog food Sep 29 You seen that boy 8
lookin for that boy. where's he at (Mar '14) Sep 29 You seen that boy 16
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Sep 26 akita96th 237
Woman Taken From North Charlotte Parking Lot, S... (Sep '07) Sep 24 me 2
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Sep 23 Crystal 64
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]