|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Racists Democrats of the 40's became the Dixiecrats. Racists Democrats Of the 60's became the Republicans.
Democrats of today are becoming Socialkrats. What's next, the Commukrats??

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Commukrats? Isn't that a movie by Disney?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Then who the heck were the republicans of the sixties?
A smaller party of exclusionary principles who grew in numbers when the the hard core malcontent democrats joined their forces. The party of Barry Goldwater. Nixon elected in 68 was their crowning moment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats of today are becoming Socialkrats. What's next, the Commukrats??
The ghost of Joseph McCarthy will never die as long as one Republican remains. The "Red Scare Boogaloo" goes on and on.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The ghost of Joseph McCarthy will never die as long as one Republican remains. The "Red Scare Boogaloo" goes on and on.
Arnold, you are no fool and neither am I. The republicans freeing of the slaves had nothing to do with morality or civil rights. But, it had everything to do with taxation and representation. Take a gander at the Three-Fifths Compromise or The Referendum on Taxation of Slaves. It's all about greed. The repubs would have us think that they worked great wonders for the black race, when in fact the wonder was all about money and a vote.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Then who the heck were the republicans of the sixties?
Do your own homework and stop expecting an education from topix.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I don't believe in ghosts. BOO!!!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
A smaller party of exclusionary principles who grew in numbers when the the hard core malcontent democrats joined their forces. The party of Barry Goldwater. Nixon elected in 68 was their crowning moment.
Well I remember the Goldwater republicans, didn't think Nixon was conservative enough for those guys.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>"Given my time" should be a life time endeavor. "Moving on" is your best decision. We all anticipate the day.
Key word of your opinion is should, but not required.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, you are no fool and neither am I. The republicans freeing of the slaves had nothing to do with morality or civil rights. But, it had everything to do with taxation and representation. Take a gander at the Three-Fifths Compromise or The Referendum on Taxation of Slaves. It's all about greed. The repubs would have us think that they worked great wonders for the black race, when in fact the wonder was all about money and a vote.
You should take a closer look at the Three Fifths Compromise. The Commucrats would have us think they worked wonders for the black race when in fact the wonder was all about power and greed.
And yet it's the Commucrats of today that enslave the blacks with money for votes!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been watching the series "The Abolishionists" on PBS this week. Lincoln tried to strike a deal with the south that if they would immediatley lay down their arms and surrender, he would grant the south slavery for 40 years. Obviously, they turned him down. His next move was the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863. He did this to give the North a cause for winning, solidly recruiting the Abolishionists support, and for recruiting black soldiers in the Union Army, both of which turned the momentum to the North. Blacks traditionally voted Republican until the second world war, and began coming over to the Democratic side in 1948 when Truman desegregated the Army. My parents were Republicans until the Civil Rights Act. Solid Democrat since, except my older brother who is a black Jesse Helms...LOL. The series portrays Lincoln as not so much of a friend of the black slaves as many people would think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word of your opinion is should, but not required.
We understand that from your life, which is more than apparent. That's part of what makes you a great Republican.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
"Given my time" should be a life time endeavor. "Moving on" is your best decision. We all anticipate the day.
Here, here brother!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You should take a closer look at the Three Fifths Compromise. The Commucrats would have us think they worked wonders for the black race when in fact the wonder was all about power and greed.
And yet it's the Commucrats of today that enslave the blacks with money for votes!
Including mine?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I don't believe in ghosts. BOO!!!
The scare tactic of Communism will always be a part your party's mantra. Look at all the comments on here from Republicans: Taxpayer, Pro, Silver, you (earlier, Robert Stowe and truth)....all perpetuate that fear mongering tactic.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You should take a closer look at the Three Fifths Compromise. The Commucrats would have us think they worked wonders for the black race when in fact the wonder was all about power and greed.
Call it what you like, today they have the right to chose. Something they did not have in 1787. The repubs wish to enslave the entire Dem. party black and white. Repubs are pissed cause it just ain't happening. What ever it is that you think they get for their votes is still not near enough to pay for the blood, sweat, and tears of their forefathers.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

So Arnold, are there any republicans you like? The younger guys, maybe.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been watching the series "The Abolishionists" on PBS this week. Lincoln tried to strike a deal with the south that if they would immediatley lay down their arms and surrender, he would grant the south slavery for 40 years. Obviously, they turned him down. His next move was the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863. He did this to give the North a cause for winning, solidly recruiting the Abolishionists support, and for recruiting black soldiers in the Union Army, both of which turned the momentum to the North. Blacks traditionally voted Republican until the second world war, and began coming over to the Democratic side in 1948 when Truman desegregated the Army. My parents were Republicans until the Civil Rights Act. Solid Democrat since, except my older brother who is a black Jesse Helms...LOL. The series portrays Lincoln as not so much of a friend of the black slaves as many people would think.
Just what I have suspected all along.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Being a moderate has it's own problems, liberals and conservatives think you have to be more extreme.But i'm not complaining, and i'm not backing down.America loves extremists, left or right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
So Arnold, are there any republicans you like? The younger guys, maybe.
Obcviously I am not a Republican. The younger guys embrace the Democratic party, obvious from the last election.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 4 hr aninimous 7
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 8 hr oldballs 2
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord Wed Concerned Citizen 2
Dog food and meds Jul 29 ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Jul 29 Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Jul 28 In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••