Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33341 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The ghost of Joseph McCarthy will never die as long as one Republican remains. The "Red Scare Boogaloo" goes on and on.
Arnold, I don't believe in ghosts. BOO!!!

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#33342 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
A smaller party of exclusionary principles who grew in numbers when the the hard core malcontent democrats joined their forces. The party of Barry Goldwater. Nixon elected in 68 was their crowning moment.
Well I remember the Goldwater republicans, didn't think Nixon was conservative enough for those guys.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33343 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>"Given my time" should be a life time endeavor. "Moving on" is your best decision. We all anticipate the day.
Key word of your opinion is should, but not required.

Location hidden

#33344 Jan 24, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, you are no fool and neither am I. The republicans freeing of the slaves had nothing to do with morality or civil rights. But, it had everything to do with taxation and representation. Take a gander at the Three-Fifths Compromise or The Referendum on Taxation of Slaves. It's all about greed. The repubs would have us think that they worked great wonders for the black race, when in fact the wonder was all about money and a vote.
You should take a closer look at the Three Fifths Compromise. The Commucrats would have us think they worked wonders for the black race when in fact the wonder was all about power and greed.
And yet it's the Commucrats of today that enslave the blacks with money for votes!

Location hidden

#33345 Jan 24, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, you are no fool and neither am I. The republicans freeing of the slaves had nothing to do with morality or civil rights. But, it had everything to do with taxation and representation. Take a gander at the Three-Fifths Compromise or The Referendum on Taxation of Slaves. It's all about greed. The repubs would have us think that they worked great wonders for the black race, when in fact the wonder was all about money and a vote.
I have been watching the series "The Abolishionists" on PBS this week. Lincoln tried to strike a deal with the south that if they would immediatley lay down their arms and surrender, he would grant the south slavery for 40 years. Obviously, they turned him down. His next move was the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863. He did this to give the North a cause for winning, solidly recruiting the Abolishionists support, and for recruiting black soldiers in the Union Army, both of which turned the momentum to the North. Blacks traditionally voted Republican until the second world war, and began coming over to the Democratic side in 1948 when Truman desegregated the Army. My parents were Republicans until the Civil Rights Act. Solid Democrat since, except my older brother who is a black Jesse Helms...LOL. The series portrays Lincoln as not so much of a friend of the black slaves as many people would think.

Location hidden

#33346 Jan 24, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word of your opinion is should, but not required.
We understand that from your life, which is more than apparent. That's part of what makes you a great Republican.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33347 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
"Given my time" should be a life time endeavor. "Moving on" is your best decision. We all anticipate the day.
Here, here brother!

Location hidden

#33348 Jan 24, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You should take a closer look at the Three Fifths Compromise. The Commucrats would have us think they worked wonders for the black race when in fact the wonder was all about power and greed.
And yet it's the Commucrats of today that enslave the blacks with money for votes!
Including mine?

Location hidden

#33349 Jan 24, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I don't believe in ghosts. BOO!!!
The scare tactic of Communism will always be a part your party's mantra. Look at all the comments on here from Republicans: Taxpayer, Pro, Silver, you (earlier, Robert Stowe and truth)....all perpetuate that fear mongering tactic.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33350 Jan 24, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You should take a closer look at the Three Fifths Compromise. The Commucrats would have us think they worked wonders for the black race when in fact the wonder was all about power and greed.
Call it what you like, today they have the right to chose. Something they did not have in 1787. The repubs wish to enslave the entire Dem. party black and white. Repubs are pissed cause it just ain't happening. What ever it is that you think they get for their votes is still not near enough to pay for the blood, sweat, and tears of their forefathers.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#33351 Jan 24, 2013
So Arnold, are there any republicans you like? The younger guys, maybe.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#33352 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been watching the series "The Abolishionists" on PBS this week. Lincoln tried to strike a deal with the south that if they would immediatley lay down their arms and surrender, he would grant the south slavery for 40 years. Obviously, they turned him down. His next move was the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863. He did this to give the North a cause for winning, solidly recruiting the Abolishionists support, and for recruiting black soldiers in the Union Army, both of which turned the momentum to the North. Blacks traditionally voted Republican until the second world war, and began coming over to the Democratic side in 1948 when Truman desegregated the Army. My parents were Republicans until the Civil Rights Act. Solid Democrat since, except my older brother who is a black Jesse Helms...LOL. The series portrays Lincoln as not so much of a friend of the black slaves as many people would think.
Just what I have suspected all along.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#33353 Jan 24, 2013
Being a moderate has it's own problems, liberals and conservatives think you have to be more extreme.But i'm not complaining, and i'm not backing down.America loves extremists, left or right.

Location hidden

#33354 Jan 24, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
So Arnold, are there any republicans you like? The younger guys, maybe.
Obcviously I am not a Republican. The younger guys embrace the Democratic party, obvious from the last election.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#33355 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Obcviously I am not a Republican. The younger guys embrace the Democratic party, obvious from the last election.
I'm hearing there is a schism in the republican party.

Location hidden

#33356 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You did say PBS! LOL!!! I guess next you'll say Steven Spielberg's version of Lincoln was accurate as well. More liberal propaganda!

Location hidden

#33357 Jan 24, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you like, today they have the right to chose. Something they did not have in 1787. The repubs wish to enslave the entire Dem. party black and white. Repubs are pissed cause it just ain't happening. What ever it is that you think they get for their votes is still not near enough to pay for the blood, sweat, and tears of their forefathers.
So now you're suggesting we pay them for the tragedies their forefathers endured? Then who's going to pay us for the tragedies of slavery that our European forefathers endured in Africa back in the day? Do some research, the number of European slaves in Africa far outnumber the amount of black slaves in the states.

Location hidden

#33358 Jan 24, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You did say PBS! LOL!!! I guess next you'll say Steven Spielberg's version of Lincoln was accurate as well. More liberal propaganda!
I didn't see Spielberg's Lincoln. Besides, he's Jewish, isn't he? Is that the problem?

Location hidden

#33359 Jan 24, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're suggesting we pay them for the tragedies their forefathers endured? Then who's going to pay us for the tragedies of slavery that our European forefathers endured in Africa back in the day? Do some research, the number of European slaves in Africa far outnumber the amount of black slaves in the states.

Indentured servants or slaves? Indentured servants had a time period as slaves until the debt was paid in full. Slaves from Africa were in bondage for life. Which one do you mean for European slaves?

Location hidden

#33360 Jan 24, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks in part to the liberal agenda being taught in public schools....obviously!
Studies show that registered voters 18-28 years old with a HS diploma or have a college degree are primarily Democrat but from 30-45 with the same credentials, they're primarily Republican. Why? Because they've been professionally indoctrinated by govt schools to believe in the liberal's BS utopia but once they graduate and move into the real world, they realize everything they've been taught was a lie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mount holly pop warner on the rise in 2013 (Oct '13) Wed Hawk 54
News Is Gaston land still over-valued? Wed Teaed off 1
Friday Night Live - Drunk By 9:00 (Jun '11) Wed Mehavasu09 101
bggb (Aug '14) May 26 gab 161
powpow May 25 Loki79 11
South Point Athletic Director resignation May 25 Corinthian 9
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) May 24 Donawa 22
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE