Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,604)

Showing posts 32,061 - 32,080 of55,532
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Arnold, the thing with you and Silvercoast is now between y'all.You're both grown.
But, the same with Allen and Bacon. Both grown women. Each can handle their own.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
But, the same with Allen and Bacon. Both grown women. Each can handle their own.
True that AZ. The only thing that bothers me was the "on purpose" statement. I don't think you have voiced your opinion. I realize that the comments on here can be anything a person chooses. We have all been called out on comments, Allen is no different. I wonder how Mike feels about someone misleading their position to score brownie points. As far as I'm concerned, Allen need not comment again as I will find it suspect. Will it be a "true position" or something to appease someone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I understand. My choice is to just try to stay out of the war unless someone makes a comment that is beyond the pail that I feel needs addressing. I don't think you were here when a person named Truth and I used to battle. It was ugly. It happens.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
I understand. My choice is to just try to stay out of the war unless someone makes a comment that is beyond the pail that I feel needs addressing. I don't think you were here when a person named Truth and I used to battle. It was ugly. It happens.
Ha, I wasn't here but I have gone back and read posts to get a "feel" for some on here. It was ugly, anyway , AZ, hope you have a great day. I off to the races for the "almighty" dollar. Got some floors to sweep and puppies to feed and water. Dang, it's cold and windy here today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I find it interesting that none of the Commucrats on here have said anything about the Ruler's Innaguration speech. I have a question, who wrote that speech...Karl Marx? I can understand the silence, hell, even the morning and late night talk shows on the state run media have devoted more time to Beyonce's lip singing than they have his speech! Is it because even they were embarrassed by his words or maybe it's because he let the cat out of the bag and they're not wanting to draw any more attention to their agenda?
Four things I learned from his speech;
1) Govt is Liberty
2) Freedom is Tyranny
3) Individualism is Collectivism
4) The Constitution is meaningless unless it is being used as a club against those who actually value the founding ideology for which it stands.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>True that AZ. The only thing that bothers me was the "on purpose" statement. I don't think you have voiced your opinion. I realize that the comments on here can be anything a person chooses. We have all been called out on comments, Allen is no different. I wonder how Mike feels about someone misleading their position to score brownie points. As far as I'm concerned, Allen need not comment again as I will find it suspect. Will it be a "true position" or something to appease someone.
True that Lu! I don't do this very often, but I'm going to take some advice Mike gave one time, he reads the posts on here and those that merit responding to, he does and the rest he just skips and goes on (not those words exactly). I'll just do me some skipping as well. If I'm going to be lied to, I can watch tv or there's a bunch old men that sit at a little store close to my house that call themselves "the liar's club". Their stories may not be about politics or race, but they're far more entertaining.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
I find it interesting that none of the Commucrats on here have said anything about the Ruler's Innaguration speech. I have a question, who wrote that speech...Karl Marx? I can understand the silence, hell, even the morning and late night talk shows on the state run media have devoted more time to Beyonce's lip singing than they have his speech! Is it because even they were embarrassed by his words or maybe it's because he let the cat out of the bag and they're not wanting to draw any more attention to their agenda?
1) Govt is Liberty
2) Freedom is Tyranny
4) The Constitution is meaningless unless it is being used as a club against those who actually value the founding ideology for which it stands.
Pro, I don't pay attention to what Obama says at all and I sure didn't waste my time watching his inauguration. This isn't his first rodeo and to be honest, I didn't watch the first one either. I'm not an inauguration watching person in general. I did hear the dust up about Beyonce's national anthem and Michelle Obama's new hair cut and I'm thinking if that's the two things that stood out in the inauguration, this country is screwed. So what's new...LOL!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, I don't pay attention to what Obama says at all and I sure didn't waste my time watching his inauguration. This isn't his first rodeo and to be honest, I didn't watch the first one either. I'm not an inauguration watching person in general. I did hear the dust up about Beyonce's national anthem and Michelle Obama's new hair cut and I'm thinking if that's the two things that stood out in the inauguration, this country is screwed. So what's new...LOL!!!!
LMAO!!!! I wonder how I'd look with "bangs"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!!! I wonder how I'd look with "bangs"?
Pro, I always like to read what the "pros" say and per Joan Rivers, right I know, her take on Michelle Obama's bangs were "Obama has been inaugurated for four more years but I hope Michelle's bangs aren't here for four more years". Might want to rethink the bangs before all the "pros" weigh in.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

oops, after all the pros weigh in...

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen has said some very nice things about you.You saying you don't feel the urge to support Allen, since you and Bacon aren't fans of each other? Mike was right about people signing in on Topix.i'm going to leave Allen out of my posts.But something isn't right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense but that's the problem with most Americans, they don't "listen" to what he "says". For example, he opened his speech by quoting the Declaration of Independence: "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Declaration of Independence sets forth a vision of limited government designed to avoid tyranny. He then began to render the document meaningless. As he said, "when times change, so must we." More importantly, when times change, so must our concept of liberty. The Ruler then said, "our generation's task is to make these words, these rights, these values of life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness real for every American." But what does he mean? He said they have no meaning: "Being true to our founding ... does not mean we all define liberty in exactly the same way or follow the same precise path to happiness. Progress does not compel us to settle centuries-long debates about the role of government for all time, but it does require us to act in our time." In other words, liberty has no meaning! It is a lie to state that our founders did not have a singular definition of liberty, they did, it's expressed in the Declaration itself. Liberty, as defined in the Declaration, is freedom from government "abuses and usurpations." It is not government guarantees of healthcare, pensions and food stamps. The Constitution was ratified in order to preserve the founders' vision of liberty and to prevent a "good government" from usurping power in order to achieve the social engineering the Commucrats adore!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I didn't hear the entire speech. The news clips did air parts of that speech that irritate me. But because Obama is president of the USA, he deserves the respect of his office. He was elected to the office by majority of voters and a large majority of the electoral votes. Because that is how democracy works, I accept that and hope our congress can get down to actually addressing our very large and very real financial problems. I think all agree that cuts have to be made. The main problem is that republikans clamor about cuts but will not identify specific programs to be cut. I think all agree that our treasury needs more revenue. Another big problem is that democrats clamor about increasing taxes but will not agree to increase taxes on everyone. My hope is that both parties can focus on winning for the USA rather than winning for their party.
Pro-American wrote:
1) Govt is Liberty
2) Freedom is Tyranny

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
1) Govt is Liberty
2) Freedom is Tyranny
Here here...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>No offense but that's the problem with most Americans, they don't "listen" to what he "says". For example, he opened his speech by quoting the Declaration of Independence: "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Declaration of Independence sets forth a vision of limited government designed to avoid tyranny. He then began to render the document meaningless. As he said, "when times change, so must we." More importantly, when times change, so must our concept of liberty. The Ruler then said, "our generation's task is to make these words, these rights, these values of life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness real for every American." But what does he mean? He said they have no meaning: "Being true to our founding ... does not mean we all define liberty in exactly the same way or follow the same precise path to happiness. Progress does not compel us to settle centuries-long debates about the role of government for all time, but it does require us to act in our time." In other words, liberty has no meaning! It is a lie to state that our founders did not have a singular definition of liberty, they did, it's expressed in the Declaration itself. Liberty, as defined in the Declaration, is freedom from government "abuses and usurpations." It is not government guarantees of healthcare, pensions and food stamps. The Constitution was ratified in order to preserve the founders' vision of liberty and to prevent a "good government" from usurping power in order to achieve the social engineering the Commucrats adore!
Pro, again, here here. I didn't watch because I already know that anyone who is a democrat and left leaning independents are threats to America and are turning our once great nation into the next communist regime, Amerika. They(democrats)keep chanting democracy, democracy, democracy when we are clearly a Republic. I have yet to see Miley, AZ, TSF or Allen voluntarily pay more than what they owe in taxes or move someone who is "economically challenged" into their house and provide. Instead they take(through taxes) from those who can manage their financial well being, claiming that their actions are reasonable and earnest.

Glad my wife and I are leaving, voluntarily.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>No offense but that's the problem with most Americans, they don't "listen" to what he "says". For example, he opened his speech by quoting the Declaration of Independence: "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." The Declaration of Independence sets forth a vision of limited government designed to avoid tyranny. He then began to render the document meaningless. As he said, "when times change, so must we." More importantly, when times change, so must our concept of liberty. The Ruler then said, "our generation's task is to make these words, these rights, these values of life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness real for every American." But what does he mean? He said they have no meaning: "Being true to our founding ... does not mean we all define liberty in exactly the same way or follow the same precise path to happiness. Progress does not compel us to settle centuries-long debates about the role of government for all time, but it does require us to act in our time." In other words, liberty has no meaning! It is a lie to state that our founders did not have a singular definition of liberty, they did, it's expressed in the Declaration itself. Liberty, as defined in the Declaration, is freedom from government "abuses and usurpations." It is not government guarantees of healthcare, pensions and food stamps. The Constitution was ratified in order to preserve the founders' vision of liberty and to prevent a "good government" from usurping power in order to achieve the social engineering the Commucrats adore!
On offense taken Pro. You said it all in this sentence: "It is a lie to state that our founders did not have a singular definition of liberty, they did, it's expressed in the Declaration itself." As I said in an earlier post, if I want to hear lies, I'll go to "The Liar's Club" up the road from my house. I don't believe much Obama says or for that matter what any politician says. He along with the rest of the yahoos in Washington have made a mockery of our Constitution and ALL are self-serving. Obama's "vision" for our country shouldn't shock you; however, it should give pause for some serious thought about him and his ideologies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

again, "No offense taken...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>On offense taken Pro. You said it all in this sentence: "It is a lie to state that our founders did not have a singular definition of liberty, they did, it's expressed in the Declaration itself." As I said in an earlier post, if I want to hear lies, I'll go to "The Liar's Club" up the road from my house. I don't believe much Obama says or for that matter what any politician says. He along with the rest of the yahoos in Washington have made a mockery of our Constitution and ALL are self-serving. Obama's "vision" for our country shouldn't shock you; however, it should give pause for some serious thought about him and his ideologies.
Here here bacon.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pro I didn't watch the speech.THE gun issue, and how the media is portraying gun owners, is giving me pause.Listening to the New York state politicians is making me sick.Sending F-16's to Egypt is also insane.Whose idea was that? I don't know, but its crazy.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Maybe we can send some F-15's and a couple of aircraft carriers to Russia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,061 - 32,080 of55,532
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 10 hr Jim Bob 220
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads 11 hr north 1
Belmont poised to extend bike trails at Rocky B... 12 hr jeepers 1
Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) 21 hr harold 529
Debate: Marijuana - Charlotte, NC (Aug '10) Sun scott 107
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Sun Roadkill BBQ 35
dog food Jul 19 godson 8
•••
•••