Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33137 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No Arnold, I'll be the first one to state that I don't always understand Taxpayer's posts, but after a couple reads I understand him. He normally posts phrases, their meanings and gives names of books, and I used to make fun of his posts, but after taking the time to read and understand them, I don't discount his opinions. I'll be the first to admit I ribbed him some, but after reading some of all our posts, Taxpayer's alright and not anymore extreme that some of our "enlightened" posters on here. I think he's misunderstood, but he's okay.
Yea, old Taxpayer makes us commucrats laugh, and I love his posts. He's the James Joyce of Topix.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#33138 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, I don't think Hillary should run, nor do I think she will. I hte to sound ugly but she's just about too old and this last gig of her's has done nothing to help her image, especially the debacle in Benghazi. She should have challeneged Obama in this last election and I believe she would have won the whole shooting match. Obama had done nothing to help the economy, unemployment was high, she knew more about foreign policy than he did and she also knew the weakness within the Democratic party and could have used those to her advantage. Obama threw her a few crumbs by giving her the secretary of state job and basically did so to insure she wouldn't run againt him. The only way I see her running, is to go home, rest, and start today rebranding herself and whether you like him or not, old slick Willie would be a great asset to her.
After reading your post, I think Hillary has a good chance at winning.
Benghazi is only an issue to the extreme right wing nuts. Thus, nothing to bother the swing voter that makes or breaks the deal.

Your suggestion she should have opposed Obama this last time shows you know nothing about politics. I am sure Bill could explain what that would be a dumb idea.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33139 Jan 22, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, old Taxpayer makes us commucrats laugh, and I love his posts. He's the James Joyce of Topix.
Does it get anymore right wing than Taxpayer?
Every conservative that calls liberals, communists, it just sends us a swing voter who realizes the republican party is full of nuts.

Location hidden

#33140 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is smoking banned? Nope, case closed. Smokers have a choice, and democrats are not trying to stop them. They can smoke themselves to death if they wish. Hell, it is even legal to smoke their kids to death. They can smoke while pregnant. They can smoke in a car with a baby. They can blow it right in their faces. No law against it. I know a few redneck republicans who do just that. Quite sickening.
I'd say smoking doesn't bother you at all. I'll go as far to say, you worked where you do and "tolerated" the smoke because it's an easy job and more than likely the only one you could get. Why would a man who prides himself on thinking he's as intelligent as you settle for working in a smokey bar, when smoke bothers him? I say if it bothered you that much, you'd get another job, stop going to concerts where people chain smoke and tell redneck republicans like our redneck, democrat cigarette smoking president that you don't like smoking. Smoking doesn't bother you that much or you'd get the heck out of dodge. You're such a hypocrite.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33141 Jan 22, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at Silver's (the avowed racist) question about black history month, NAACP, and The United Negro College fund as an example. Here he cries 'discrimination'. Let's look at the history. Black people were enslaved from 1619 to 1865 in the ultimate inhumane conditions one can imagine, illegal for them to be literate and sold their families to other owners at will, breaking up the family unit in the most horrible way. Following 'freedom' from slavery in 1863, they were given another 100 years of segregation and inferior schools in which to learn. This has been the struggle of the black man in America. Jobs were limited due to race and therefore, living conditions were based on poverty and separated by race. And this mindless and heartless soul wants to cry about 'discrimination'. I am not crying. I am telling you the facts. Bacon, I have asked you before. How many times did you go out for dinner in public with your family? Too many times to count. How many times did my brothers and sisters and I. None. Why? Because as a kid, restaurants would not serves "coloreds" and we picked up our food at the back window and took it home. Do you think this was right and justified? Any of you. What do you think? You never project yourselves to see the injustice of this. Only Mike and Allen can see this. The rest of you are totally blind, and will remain that way.
I certainly see this and keep it in my mind often to keep me grounded to what my reality is in America.
I think those who either do not know about it or just push it out of their minds, are the ones who cry about the NAACP and such. No other race was treated so badly for so long in America.
People tend to not understand that if your parents were raised by someone who did not have equal education posibilities, it is highly likely you will not have family help in studies.
This is why I support and urge more public education. I hope for more higher education to be publicly funded.

Location hidden

#33142 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your post, I think Hillary has a good chance at winning.
Benghazi is only an issue to the extreme right wing nuts. Thus, nothing to bother the swing voter that makes or breaks the deal.
Your suggestion she should have opposed Obama this last time shows you know nothing about politics. I am sure Bill could explain what that would be a dumb idea.
Since I'm not up close and personal with Bill, you explain to me why Hillary shouldn't have run in this last election. She was far better schooled in politics than either Obama or Romney, she knew Obama and his administration's weaknesses and she could have used those to her benefit. Bengahzi will be a faded memory in the next election and should she decide to run, that shouldn't be a problem for her. However, I think her age will be her biggest hurdle and I think she gave up the perfect opportunity in this last election to take the W.H.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33143 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say smoking doesn't bother you at all. I'll go as far to say, you worked where you do and "tolerated" the smoke because it's an easy job and more than likely the only one you could get. Why would a man who prides himself on thinking he's as intelligent as you settle for working in a smokey bar, when smoke bothers him? I say if it bothered you that much, you'd get another job, stop going to concerts where people chain smoke and tell redneck republicans like our redneck, democrat cigarette smoking president that you don't like smoking. Smoking doesn't bother you that much or you'd get the heck out of dodge. You're such a hypocrite.
The money was good, and I figure most all jobs have some downfalls.
But now people in NC can make a good living and be safe from the rednecks who have no empathy for others.
Obama may smoke, but I certainly doubt he lights up in a resturant or around his kids.
Anyone with an ounce of consideration would not smoke in a room with a kid, ever.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33144 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I'm not up close and personal with Bill, you explain to me why Hillary shouldn't have run in this last election. She was far better schooled in politics than either Obama or Romney, she knew Obama and his administration's weaknesses and she could have used those to her benefit. Bengahzi will be a faded memory in the next election and should she decide to run, that shouldn't be a problem for her. However, I think her age will be her biggest hurdle and I think she gave up the perfect opportunity in this last election to take the W.H.
Seventy is the new sixty.
If she had ran against Obama, it would make the democratic agenda look weak. It is bad enough to have primaries in general fighting your own party teammembers.
Rarely does one run against an incumbant of his own party. Despite what you think about Obama, his base thinks he is doing pretty good considering what he was left with by the republicans.
Only if his base was severely disgruntled would it be likely someone of his party would oppose him.
You say Obama did nothing for the economy, but I would certainly differ. I think he saved the American economy from collapse. Far from doing nothing.

Unless something in America goes in a different direction than it is right now, I see no reason the democrats will lose next time out. Well I guess unless some radical wins the primaries. Hillary is no radical, so if she wins the primary, I think she will win the whitehouse.

BTW, keep in mind I predicted Mitt would win the primaries when you guys doubted this.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33145 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, put away your crystal ball. I have never said I went out to eat as a kid more times than I could count. We weren't afforded the luxury of going out to eat and if we did, it was McDonald's or on s Sunday night after church Tony's Ice Cream, neither a bastion for the rich and famous. My parents spent our money for braces to go on my brother's legs, speech therapy and medications for him. We thought we had hit it big when mom could buy a little bit of hamburger meat and we'd have grilled hamburgers on a cheap old grill and we got BBQ potato chips to eat with our burgers. So Arnold, don't go talking out of your butt about things you don't know. I'd been happy if we had to pick up any kind of food at the front, back or the side of the building. Let me go just a step further, when we did get to go out to eat when I was little it was only because our grandparents took us. We didn't have the nicest of clothes but they were clean, you think I don't know how people looked at us with pity in their eyes or disdain? Arnold, there's more than one way to discriminate against people. Stop the pity party because some of us have walked the same mile in our shoes that you did yours'.
Was it always like this for us, no. My dad and mom worked their butts off and we were able to move up in the world, but it doesn't mean I don't remember who I am and where I came from.
I do not think Arnold was talking about wealth. He was talking about the freedom to eat were you could afford.
There were no rules to prevent your family from eating in any resturant in town.
For you to claim you had the same shoes to walk in is pure ignorance.
Arnold could have had the nicest of clothes, and still be looked down upon. You just don't get it.

You have no idea how to put yourself in others shoes. This is a trend I note of most republicans.

Location hidden

#33146 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly see this and keep it in my mind often to keep me grounded to what my reality is in America.
I think those who either do not know about it or just push it out of their minds, are the ones who cry about the NAACP and such. No other race was treated so badly for so long in America.
People tend to not understand that if your parents were raised by someone who did not have equal education posibilities, it is highly likely you will not have family help in studies.
This is why I support and urge more public education. I hope for more higher education to be publicly funded.
I was very lucky. I had several teachers in school who inspired me that an education would someday lead me to know Silver.

Location hidden

#33147 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seventy is the new sixty.
If she had ran against Obama, it would make the democratic agenda look weak. It is bad enough to have primaries in general fighting your own party teammembers.
Rarely does one run against an incumbant of his own party. Despite what you think about Obama, his base thinks he is doing pretty good considering what he was left with by the republicans.
Only if his base was severely disgruntled would it be likely someone of his party would oppose him.
You say Obama did nothing for the economy, but I would certainly differ. I think he saved the American economy from collapse. Far from doing nothing.
Unless something in America goes in a different direction than it is right now, I see no reason the democrats will lose next time out. Well I guess unless some radical wins the primaries. Hillary is no radical, so if she wins the primary, I think she will win the whitehouse.
BTW, keep in mind I predicted Mitt would win the primaries when you guys doubted this.
The man on the horizon for the Democrat party in 2016 is Cory Booker. Of course, Rubio will be the Republican darling, maybe with a weak challenge from Santorum, maybe Ryan if he doesn't get a role in a remake of The Munsters.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33148 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, a struggle is a struggle. Does it matter why people were discriminated against whether it was because of the clothes they wore, the old beat car they drove up in, or we were the laughing stock because it was apparent we didn't hardly know how to order in a restaurant because we went so little? Probably the only reason we were allowed in restaurants where we lived is because my grandparents were wealthy, otherwise we'd been treated just the same as you, "no tables available". I think discrimination in a restaurant based off color was just as wrong as discrimination because we were poor. Unlike you, I don't carry around the baggage of being poor growing up and how we were treated and you can't get out of the past. Let it go, move on and leave the past in the past. Your race hasn't cornered the market on discrimination because of skin color and you need to get over it.
So you were allowed in the resturants, but somehow think you know what Arnold went through? Arnold parents could have had ten times the wealth of your grandparents and it would not have mattered a bit, he still would have been denied. It does matter why you are being kept out of the resturant.
You just don't get it and likely never will. Typical republican.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33149 Jan 22, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Black kids of today have many prisons to free themselves of. Many continue to think freedom is "how cool you dress" and this is a typical reaction to poverty. When I see "the cool" black kids at school who are wearing the cool sneakers and the expensive hoody, I understand their need to give an appearance, but I advise them that they will never be free until they truly work hard and strive to get an education that will provide these things for a lifetime. I tell them my story to try and get through. Education will always be the key to success and is worth every hard ship you have to endure. Some see it, but many do not and like most kids, black and white, only live for the moment. The stuggle continues on.
Brilliant.

Location hidden

#33150 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seventy is the new sixty.
This is a strange conversation for us to be having??? The difference in Hillary/Bill and I say this because Bill is her strongest asset, and Obama is their style in leadership. I believe Hillary was as much responsible for Bill's popularity as Bill was. Bill Clinton understood compromise, Obama is clueless; Bill Clinton IMO was not arrogant and his educational background exceeded Obama's and Bill was nobody's fool; Bill Clinton worked with both sides of the aisle and didn't say sophmoric things to divide such as Obama has, Bill Clinton took a shakey economy and worked with both sides to get it on it's feet, Obama is hell bent on winning with no regard to who or how many people will feel the brunt of his "need to win" and most of all Bill Clinton didn't run around apologizing to every country about the U.S. Bill Clinton governed this country with maturity (with the exception of his stupid, schoolboy skirt chasing) and I think he and Hillary were calculated and she made as many decisions as he did about the direction of this country. I'm a republican and I never had too many negatives to say about Clinton, he took the job of being POTUS seriously and unlike Obama, he made the job of POTUS about the country not him. Hillary is a smart woman, but she's tired, needs to rest and rebrand herself and who knows, maybe she just wants to be out of the public lime light and enjoy her senior years being a private citizen. She's been in politics for a lot of years.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33151 Jan 22, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
It was right and justified because they didn't want to get to know you or be your friend. The federal government injected its will and tried to force it. You will never get a square peg to fit a triangle hole. You wants interests and desires are completely different than mine, right? Then why the federal law than requires a proportional amount of blacks fill certain jobs or schools? Diversity? Where is your or mikes or Allen's tolerance for people who don't want to get to know you, exchange information with or do business with you?
As I have said before, my prejudice comes from seeing good men passed over for jobs and promotions all because the HR dept was trying to meet affirmative action quotas, instead of hiring the best candidate for the gig.
As if we are to believe you were not prejudiced before you ever witnessed this. Not that I even believe anyone you know was passed over due to affirmative action. Likely your buddies were just morons like yourself.

Affirmative action is result of people like yourself and your firm.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33152 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As if we are to believe you were not prejudiced before you ever witnessed this. Not that I even believe anyone you know was passed over due to affirmative action. Likely your buddies were just morons like yourself.
Affirmative action is result of people like yourself and your firm.
Says the gay bar homo manager...will take anything derogatory about me from you as a compliment.

Keep the meat gazing out of my direction cock gobbler.

Location hidden

#33153 Jan 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not think Arnold was talking about wealth. He was talking about the freedom to eat were you could afford.
There were no rules to prevent your family from eating in any resturant in town.
For you to claim you had the same shoes to walk in is pure ignorance.
Arnold could have had the nicest of clothes, and still be looked down upon. You just don't get it.
You have no idea how to put yourself in others shoes. This is a trend I note of most republicans.
No Mike, you don't get it and furthermore, I'm willing to bet as Arnold, I've got some years on you and being poor was no different than being black. Arnold was judged off his skin color and we were off our clothes and maybe you've heard the statement "white trash", that's what poor people were called when I was young. It had nothing to do with how you lived but with what you had. So don't tell me a damn thing about being black like Arnold, you're a white man, wish all you want but you're still white and it's apparent you don't know what it's like to be poor growing up. However, as poor as we were education was a priority, that's why I never had to take a job in a smokey bar to make ends meet.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33154 Jan 22, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
All races not just blacks have been enslaved since written time. You need to learn the read all History. Blacks are enslaving people today in places around the world. Hell in Africa one tribe is still killing another and anyone who gets in their way. They force women into prostitution and kids to kill for them. So donít give me you boohoo poor me crap.
This is America, not Africa.
No other race has been enslaved in America in such great numbers as black persons. Even after being free, they still were no allowed to be equal.
This changed relatively recently. Read some history. This is not ancient history, this is American history. Some of it relatively recent American history. In my time on this earth history. In my country.

Why do republicans keep acting as if black slavery and discrimination was not unusual?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33155 Jan 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No Mike, you don't get it and furthermore, I'm willing to bet as Arnold, I've got some years on you and being poor was no different than being black. Arnold was judged off his skin color and we were off our clothes and maybe you've heard the statement "white trash", that's what poor people were called when I was young. It had nothing to do with how you lived but with what you had. So don't tell me a damn thing about being black like Arnold, you're a white man, wish all you want but you're still white and it's apparent you don't know what it's like to be poor growing up. However, as poor as we were education was a priority, that's why I never had to take a job in a smokey bar to make ends meet.
I do know being poor has its hardships, but I seriously doubt they compare to those of being black in Arnolds day.
I am not likely much younger than you. I have seen quite a bit of discrimination. It continues even today.

The way you blow off the racism as if it were the same as being poor only shows me how republicans justify their agendas by twisting the realities.

It is no wonder you do not condemn Silver for his continual racist views and hateful language towards Arnold.

Thanks for reminding me why I should never reveal any personal information to you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#33156 Jan 22, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the gay bar homo manager...will take anything derogatory about me from you as a compliment.
Keep the meat gazing out of my direction cock gobbler.
I am sure Bacon will give you a nice pat on the back shortly for standing up for your convictions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Planter boxes at Methodist church 7 hr Scott-L 4
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Mar 29 Oliver 22
Review: Roach Research Inc Mar 28 Dontburnbridges2011 1
News Union Co. revaluation leads to first decrease i... Mar 28 Omg 2
Friday Night Live - Drunk By 9:00 (Jun '11) Mar 27 Paul Cantsteer 97
Thompson Orphanage (Jan '11) Mar 27 Denise Blalock Mc... 18
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Mar 27 Van Halen 4,796
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]