“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#33029 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that moving takes funds, right? How naive you are.
Thought you said your mother had a job at a mill?

Not her fault she a bunch of childrens she couldn't afford in an area that didn't appreciate africans or get a decent wage because she was white and female, right?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#33030 Jan 21, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I work in the private sector and not the public sector anymore, their right to choose who they do business with.
Have you ever given consideration why there is a "public" sector and "private" sector?
Private sector expects a return on investment.
Public sector expects no return on investment.
Don't be stupid. Educate yourself by reading Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Discrimination of any kind is not allowed in either the public or private sector. Quit saying what you wish to be true. The law is very clear. Your firm is clearly in violation if what you say is true.

Location hidden

#33031 Jan 21, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not her fault she a bunch of childrens she couldn't afford in an area that didn't appreciate africans or get a decent wage because she was white and female, right?
She had more honor on the tip of her little finger that you will ever have in your entire sad life.

Location hidden

#33033 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, get your history straight. Either you or the author of this link is wrong:
http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/T...
Jamestown is in VA not Charleston, S.C. Also, Africans sold Africans as slaves, so you may want to start there. Actually you may want to read this article for more history on slave trading/selling.
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/slavetra.htm...
The slave traders had guns. The Africans did not. You think this may have been an influence in the securing of slaves? Also, I think that some of the chiefs were influenced to sell their people. Greed is a factor among all races, but that does not make them right. You know, if the traders hadn't gone to Africa in the first place for that purpose, no one would have been sold into slavery. Do you think the buying and selling of slaves was a Christian endeavor?

Location hidden

#33034 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your assignment. Go to snopes.com and type in "Al Gore invented the internet". Get the real story and come back and tell me about Republican propaganda and distortion of the truth.
I know you won't do it because the truth is foreign to most Republicans.
Its called sarcasm Arnold, you obviously didn't see the humor.
As for Clinton, the economic boom had nothing to do with him, he was simply at the right place at the right time. It was the dot com boom and the free markets that created millionaires over night, NOT Clinton and the govt. It was the dot com boom /free markets that helped Americans prosper during the 90's into the 2000's, not govt. Hell, during the height of the boom, I was getting an unheard of 76% return on my investments, and I can assure you Clinton had nothing to do with it!

Location hidden

#33035 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a member of the Appalachian State Judaic Peace Studies, and make a contribution every year to put on The Holocaust Conference for one week each summer. I have attended two of them in the past. I recently received a letter from that department and have a list of Jewish events coming in 2013. I have met several of the survivors and discussed the Holocaust in detail. Those living are dying out because at the time of the war they were children. If you want a list of the events, I will privately mail them to you at your request. Don't think that I condone anyone being called a "dirty little jew". I don't. If there had been enough resistance to Hitler, particulary after the "Night of the Broken Glass" in 1938, there would have been no Third Reich, or the damage done to the Jewish people would not have been allowed. The German people did not lift a finger against him That is why it is important to call out people with racist views. Every Holocaust survivor will tell you the same thing. I will continue this course of action all of my life, so that no group of people, including homosexuals, will be made second class citizens by the racists that surround us. That includes your friend, Silver. If the two of you had been in Germany with you Jewish, he would have murdered you at the drop of a hat. I would have done everything I know to stop him. Who's the bad guy now?
Arnold, this isn't about Silver killing me at the drop of a hat, you don't know that and I don't. I don't know if you would have done everything to stop him but I can only take your word. None of us can say with certainty what we would do in any given situation. Again, I discussed Silver's remarks with him, he explained them to me to my satisfaction and it's over with. Arnold, during Hitlers horrible reign who could say today what they would have done then. I'm willing to forgive, but I'll never forget and the atrocities of the Holocaust will forever be in my mind, but I can't change the past, just as you can't. I appreciate the fact you would have stood up for me, but I can't say with certainty that I would have been so noble if the shoe was on the other foot. Arnold, I put God, family and country in that order and I probably would have said anything to save my hide or at least my family and many Germans had to do the same thing. I don't blame them. I just thank God I wasn't in the position to make such a call. You know Hitler killed his own people too.
Please if you don't mind send me the list of events you spoke about earlier in the post.

Location hidden

#33036 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be stupid. Educate yourself by reading Title II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Discrimination of any kind is not allowed in either the public or private sector. Quit saying what you wish to be true. The law is very clear. Your firm is clearly in violation if what you say is true.
Innocent till proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of peers, and not public opinion.

Same for you.
Same for me.

Location hidden

#33037 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, get your history straight. Either you or the author of this link is wrong:
http://afroamhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/T...
Jamestown is in VA not Charleston, S.C. Also, Africans sold Africans as slaves, so you may want to start there. Actually you may want to read this article for more history on slave trading/selling.
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/slavetra.htm...
The first recorded shipment of slaves was in Charleston in 1619,(just as the link says) and Rolf's letter has no historical basis, but only speculation.

Location hidden

#33038 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
She had more honor on the tip of her little finger that you will ever have in your entire sad life.
While your opinion may or may not be true, you didn't answer the questions.

Location hidden

#33039 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The slave traders had guns. The Africans did not. You think this may have been an influence in the securing of slaves? Also, I think that some of the chiefs were influenced to sell their people. Greed is a factor among all races, but that does not make them right. You know, if the traders hadn't gone to Africa in the first place for that purpose, no one would have been sold into slavery. Do you think the buying and selling of slaves was a Christian endeavor?
Egyptians and Hebrews...Now what?

Location hidden

#33041 Jan 21, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
It was her choice. If you want to get into my mother's honor and value as a human being, I would suggest that you stay clear of that. Her life and her choices are none of your business. Get it?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#33042 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen girlfriend, I was born in 1948. If you read history you know that the Black Codes still prevailed in the south. Part of those codes were that no black could be served in a white restaurant. I was black...I was not allowed in. Also, all schools were segregated. White schools...Black schools. I went all 12 years to the black school which was inferior facilities and also in curriculum. Have you ever heard of the Greensboro 4? In 1960, they had their heads beat in and arrested for sitting down at a Woolworth's lunch counter asking to be served. You don't know about Black Codes? You are certainly not devoid of that history, or are you? Also, the slave trade began in America in 1619 when the first slaves were brought to Charleston harbor. One year later, the Pilgrims arrived in Massachusetts for religious freedom, which is a real paradox. Yes, the Native Americans were cheated and treated horribly by the settlers. The Trail of Tears, the forced movement of all the tribes to Oklahoma was a horribly tragic event in American History. So, now you side with the abusers and racists? Just how much Native American blood do you have?
Listen boyfriend, my Grandfather was full blooded. So I guess your "history" of black discrimination starts in the mid-nineteenth century. Cherry picker. Where did the slave traders get the slaves? We all know the what the sixties were all about. Point is???? It's HISTORY, the freedom fighters yesterday are the corporate CEO's today.

Location hidden

#33043 Jan 21, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent till proven guilty in a court of law by a jury of peers, and not public opinion.
Same for you.
Same for me.
So, I guess breaking the law is part of your code of honor?

Location hidden

#33044 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The first recorded shipment of slaves was in Charleston in 1619,(just as the link says) and Rolf's letter has no historical basis, but only speculation.
Did we read the same article. Did the article not say the ship docked in Fort Comfort, Jamestown, VA? I've read more than one article that states slavery began in Jamestown VA and some say slavery started there as early as 1607. Do you err on the side of Rolf's letter having no historical basis, but only speculation because you don't agree with it? All you're doing is speculating yourself about his letter, so what makes your speculation right and Rolf's letter wrong?

Location hidden

#33045 Jan 21, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Listen boyfriend, my Grandfather was full blooded. So I guess your "history" of black discrimination starts in the mid-nineteenth century. Cherry picker. Where did the slave traders get the slaves? We all know the what the sixties were all about. Point is???? It's HISTORY, the freedom fighters yesterday are the corporate CEO's today.
Mid 17th Century to be exact (1619). Yours in the 16th Century with Manhatten Island. I am not a corportate CEO. I am proud of you and your grandfather's heritage. What is your point about freedom fighters being CEO's?

Location hidden

#33046 Jan 21, 2013
Bacon, Was slave trading a Christian endeavor? Can it be justified by any moral value? I will respond to your question when I get an answer from you.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33047 Jan 21, 2013
I have never faulted the rich for being rich. I just want them to pay the same percentage income tax that I have to pay.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nearly as much as I see you faulting rich for being rich.

Location hidden

#33048 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
It was her choice. If you want to get into my mother's honor and value as a human being, I would suggest that you stay clear of that. Her life and her choices are none of your business. Get it?
Just so I am clear. It was your mothers decision to not move her family and subsequently subject her kids to those mean ole white people?

Your mother was white, right? Having interracial relations and having interracial babies in an era and place where it was frowned upon and subject to ridicule by all?

Not saying she can't have black children or fall head over heals in love with a black man, but perhaps some wisdom should of prevailed.

But of course, ignore common sense with a defiant face and you get what you get. Like not being able to eat with white folk. Like not being able to go to movies like others.

Guess your mom's entitlements, free education and jobs you got at the expense of trying to force everyone to be friends and get to know one another was owed to you.

Screw choice. Some one else will figure it out.

Yeah right.

Location hidden

#33049 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I guess breaking the law is part of your code of honor?
code of honor?? You support pro choice out of one side your mouth yet support more gun legislation out of the other.

Life of eterenal contradiction is the code of honor of all democrats.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#33050 Jan 21, 2013
Do you deny that president Bush had already signed NAFTA along with Carlos Salinas (Mexico) and Mulroney (Canada) before Clinton was elected? Do you deny that NAFTA had been approved by both houses of congress before Clinton signed it?
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; it went into effect on January 1, 1994.[3][4] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[5]http://en.w ikipedia.org/wiki/North_Americ an_Free_Trade_Agreement
FYI I have posted this before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 1 hr Brian_G 1,900
patrick brehm arrested and charged Thu medmel8556 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Thu Currently Queen 139
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) Thu Ben_Masada 402
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) Thu force me 36
Cherry Crush Dec 17 Cherry Dreams 1
why do i only see darkness in light? Dec 17 Displaced 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web