“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#32944 Jan 21, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If a fetus is killed by someone other than the mother, it is not murdering a child, but murdering a fetus in a woman. It is not a very black and white, clear cut matter.
That is the most screwed up double talk I think you have ever posted.

That is saying something as you have posted some off the wall stuff in the last two years.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32945 Jan 21, 2013
emlu wrote:
Former President Bill Clinton has a warning for top Democratic donors: Don't underestimate weapons rights supporters.
Clinton, speaking to a group of Democrats at the Obama National Finance Committee Saturday, said gun control gets a special emotional response from people in rural states, and dismissing pro-gun arguments can backfire.
“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton said, Politico reported.
“A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said.“I know because I come from this world."
Some polls say that the public supports proposals for increased gun control, Politico reports, but Clinton said emotions will rule when it comes to legislation on gun control.
“All these polls that you see saying the public is for us on all these issues — they are meaningless if they’re not voting issues,” Clinton said.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/clinton-gun-...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Do you think Hillery might run????
Lu, I don't think Hillary should run, nor do I think she will. I hte to sound ugly but she's just about too old and this last gig of her's has done nothing to help her image, especially the debacle in Benghazi. She should have challeneged Obama in this last election and I believe she would have won the whole shooting match. Obama had done nothing to help the economy, unemployment was high, she knew more about foreign policy than he did and she also knew the weakness within the Democratic party and could have used those to her advantage. Obama threw her a few crumbs by giving her the secretary of state job and basically did so to insure she wouldn't run againt him. The only way I see her running, is to go home, rest, and start today rebranding herself and whether you like him or not, old slick Willie would be a great asset to her.

Location hidden

#32946 Jan 21, 2013
It is obvious on here that the Republican base learned nothing from the last Presidential election. They just go on with the same rant that got them soundly defeated. Diversity is still an ugly word for them. Keep it up. With those extreme right wing views, you are likely to never see another Republican President in your life time. Thanks for giving us the entire store. You killed your party with your hard ass attitudes, insensitivity and nonsense rants.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#32947 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
It is obvious on here that the Republican base learned nothing from the last Presidential election. They just go on with the same rant that got them soundly defeated. Diversity is still an ugly word for them. Keep it up. With those extreme right wing views, you are likely to never see another Republican President in your life time. Thanks for giving us the entire store. You killed your party with your hard ass attitudes, insensitivity and nonsense rants.

Amen, I've always said,"There is a reason and a purpose for everything." and "The Lord is never late."

Location hidden

#32949 Jan 21, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, I've always said,"There is a reason and a purpose for everything." and "The Lord is never late."
Let's look at Silver's (the avowed racist) question about black history month, NAACP, and The United Negro College fund as an example. Here he cries 'discrimination'. Let's look at the history. Black people were enslaved from 1619 to 1865 in the ultimate inhumane conditions one can imagine, illegal for them to be literate and sold their families to other owners at will, breaking up the family unit in the most horrible way. Following 'freedom' from slavery in 1863, they were given another 100 years of segregation and inferior schools in which to learn. This has been the struggle of the black man in America. Jobs were limited due to race and therefore, living conditions were based on poverty and separated by race. And this mindless and heartless soul wants to cry about 'discrimination'. I am not crying. I am telling you the facts. Bacon, I have asked you before. How many times did you go out for dinner in public with your family? Too many times to count. How many times did my brothers and sisters and I. None. Why? Because as a kid, restaurants would not serves "coloreds" and we picked up our food at the back window and took it home. Do you think this was right and justified? Any of you. What do you think? You never project yourselves to see the injustice of this. Only Mike and Allen can see this. The rest of you are totally blind, and will remain that way.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32951 Jan 21, 2013
Schools are desegregated now.Yet consecutive generations of black youth are still enslaved,in gangs and in prisons.REPUBLICAN ideas on school funding reflect an odd paranoia, as though better schools are a bad thing.

Location hidden

#32952 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, I don't think Hillary should run, nor do I think she will. I hte to sound ugly but she's just about too old and this last gig of her's has done nothing to help her image, especially the debacle in Benghazi. She should have challeneged Obama in this last election and I believe she would have won the whole shooting match. Obama had done nothing to help the economy, unemployment was high, she knew more about foreign policy than he did and she also knew the weakness within the Democratic party and could have used those to her advantage. Obama threw her a few crumbs by giving her the secretary of state job and basically did so to insure she wouldn't run againt him. The only way I see her running, is to go home, rest, and start today rebranding herself and whether you like him or not, old slick Willie would be a great asset to her.
Old Slick Willie brought more prosperity to you than any other President of your lifetime.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32953 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
True that, Bill is NO dummy. I would have loved to have seen his face though, when Egyptians chanted "Monica" as Hillery rolled into town. Bet he turned his cell off!:)

Location hidden

#32954 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at Silver's (the avowed racist) question about black history month, NAACP, and The United Negro College fund as an example. Here he cries 'discrimination'. Let's look at the history. Black people were enslaved from 1619 to 1865 in the ultimate inhumane conditions one can imagine, illegal for them to be literate and sold their families to other owners at will, breaking up the family unit in the most horrible way. Following 'freedom' from slavery in 1863, they were given another 100 years of segregation and inferior schools in which to learn. This has been the struggle of the black man in America. Jobs were limited due to race and therefore, living conditions were based on poverty and separated by race. And this mindless and heartless soul wants to cry about 'discrimination'. I am not crying. I am telling you the facts. Bacon, I have asked you before. How many times did you go out for dinner in public with your family? Too many times to count. How many times did my brothers and sisters and I. None. Why? Because as a kid, restaurants would not serves "coloreds" and we picked up our food at the back window and took it home. Do you think this was right and justified? Any of you. What do you think? You never project yourselves to see the injustice of this. Only Mike and Allen can see this. The rest of you are totally blind, and will remain that way.
Arnold, put away your crystal ball. I have never said I went out to eat as a kid more times than I could count. We weren't afforded the luxury of going out to eat and if we did, it was McDonald's or on s Sunday night after church Tony's Ice Cream, neither a bastion for the rich and famous. My parents spent our money for braces to go on my brother's legs, speech therapy and medications for him. We thought we had hit it big when mom could buy a little bit of hamburger meat and we'd have grilled hamburgers on a cheap old grill and we got BBQ potato chips to eat with our burgers. So Arnold, don't go talking out of your butt about things you don't know. I'd been happy if we had to pick up any kind of food at the front, back or the side of the building. Let me go just a step further, when we did get to go out to eat when I was little it was only because our grandparents took us. We didn't have the nicest of clothes but they were clean, you think I don't know how people looked at us with pity in their eyes or disdain? Arnold, there's more than one way to discriminate against people. Stop the pity party because some of us have walked the same mile in our shoes that you did yours'.

Was it always like this for us, no. My dad and mom worked their butts off and we were able to move up in the world, but it doesn't mean I don't remember who I am and where I came from.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32955 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Slick Willie brought more prosperity to you than any other President of your lifetime.
How,by signing NAFTA.

Location hidden

#32956 Jan 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Schools are desegregated now.Yet consecutive generations of black youth are still enslaved,in gangs and in prisons.REPUBLICAN ideas on school funding reflect an odd paranoia, as though better schools are a bad thing.
Black kids of today have many prisons to free themselves of. Many continue to think freedom is "how cool you dress" and this is a typical reaction to poverty. When I see "the cool" black kids at school who are wearing the cool sneakers and the expensive hoody, I understand their need to give an appearance, but I advise them that they will never be free until they truly work hard and strive to get an education that will provide these things for a lifetime. I tell them my story to try and get through. Education will always be the key to success and is worth every hard ship you have to endure. Some see it, but many do not and like most kids, black and white, only live for the moment. The stuggle continues on.

Location hidden

#32957 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he didn't. He was a better president than Obama will ever be and that's coming from a Republican. Old Slick Willie needed to have kept a tighter reign on his pants, but he had something Obama never has shown, a personality and actually, I think old Slick's far more intelligent than Obama. Don't be fooled, Old Slick doesn't like Obama, he campaigned for him for the party's sake, but even democrats will say there's no love lost on Obama by Clinton. BTW, I'd take Hillary any day over Obama, I think she's more intelligent than he is and far more in tune with the world.

Location hidden

#32958 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, put away your crystal ball. I have never said I went out to eat as a kid more times than I could count. We weren't afforded the luxury of going out to eat and if we did, it was McDonald's or on s Sunday night after church Tony's Ice Cream, neither a bastion for the rich and famous. My parents spent our money for braces to go on my brother's legs, speech therapy and medications for him. We thought we had hit it big when mom could buy a little bit of hamburger meat and we'd have grilled hamburgers on a cheap old grill and we got BBQ potato chips to eat with our burgers. So Arnold, don't go talking out of your butt about things you don't know. I'd been happy if we had to pick up any kind of food at the front, back or the side of the building. Let me go just a step further, when we did get to go out to eat when I was little it was only because our grandparents took us. We didn't have the nicest of clothes but they were clean, you think I don't know how people looked at us with pity in their eyes or disdain? Arnold, there's more than one way to discriminate against people. Stop the pity party because some of us have walked the same mile in our shoes that you did yours'.
Was it always like this for us, no. My dad and mom worked their butts off and we were able to move up in the world, but it doesn't mean I don't remember who I am and where I came from.
I understand and appreciate your families struggles, but you missed the point. The point is that you could. We couldn't. I asked you if this type of society that discriminated against blacks from service in restaurants was justified? You never answered that.

Location hidden

#32959 Jan 21, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he didn't. He was a better president than Obama will ever be and that's coming from a Republican. Old Slick Willie needed to have kept a tighter reign on his pants, but he had something Obama never has shown, a personality and actually, I think old Slick's far more intelligent than Obama. Don't be fooled, Old Slick doesn't like Obama, he campaigned for him for the party's sake, but even democrats will say there's no love lost on Obama by Clinton. BTW, I'd take Hillary any day over Obama, I think she's more intelligent than he is and far more in tune with the world.
I have no idea of their personal relationship and neither do you. I heard the speech at the Democratic Convention. No one forced him to deliver his speech with such passion. That's enough for me.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#32960 Jan 21, 2013
George Bush signed NAFTA and committed the USA to that agreement before Clinton was even elected. Then both houses of congress voted in favor. Clinton had the option of veto, but it would have clearly been over ridden by congress. So because a previous predisent and 540 members of congress approved it, you blame Clinton because he didn't veto? Can you see the dishonesty in that?
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>How,by signing NAFTA.

Location hidden

#32961 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand and appreciate your families struggles, but you missed the point. The point is that you could. We couldn't. I asked you if this type of society that discriminated against blacks from service in restaurants was justified? You never answered that.
Arnold, a struggle is a struggle. Does it matter why people were discriminated against whether it was because of the clothes they wore, the old beat car they drove up in, or we were the laughing stock because it was apparent we didn't hardly know how to order in a restaurant because we went so little? Probably the only reason we were allowed in restaurants where we lived is because my grandparents were wealthy, otherwise we'd been treated just the same as you, "no tables available". I think discrimination in a restaurant based off color was just as wrong as discrimination because we were poor. Unlike you, I don't carry around the baggage of being poor growing up and how we were treated and you can't get out of the past. Let it go, move on and leave the past in the past. Your race hasn't cornered the market on discrimination because of skin color and you need to get over it.

Location hidden

#32962 Jan 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Oh baloney maloney Waco. A political party doesn't make a black kid or kid of any color join a gang or go to prison. They go to prison because they break the law and many join gangs because they think it's cool. You can't educate a child that doesn't attend school or is in prison. Sorry brother, parents need to learn better parenting skills and be a parent not a friend. Good school, bad school, what does it matter when teachers aren't allowed to control a classroom full of roughnecks when they do come?

Location hidden

#32963 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea of their personal relationship and neither do you. I heard the speech at the Democratic Convention. No one forced him to deliver his speech with such passion. That's enough for me.
There's plenty more articles like these and as you will notice, it is definitely not a "conservative" bastion.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/rocky-rel...
TSF

Kenly, NC

#32964 Jan 21, 2013
Pro, Your misintrepretation of "distributive property" (and that of the author of your link)would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Distributive property means that you get the same answer regardless of the sequence of the mathematical operation . For instance: 3 X 2 X 6=36
and by the distributive property 6 X 2 X 3= 36. Teaching children about distributive properties IS NOT TEACHING THEM re-distribution of wealth. This is a perfect example of how uneducated republikans are tricked in to believing the BS that the tax breaks for the rich leaders feed them.
This is basically why republikans hate education. If their followig becomes informed, they are more difficult to brainwash into believing the BS.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you didn't, you agree with the liberal agenda.
http://www.missourieducationwatchdog.com/2013...
http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/subject/...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#32965 Jan 21, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at Silver's (the avowed racist) question about black history month, NAACP, and The United Negro College fund as an example. Here he cries 'discrimination'. Let's look at the history. Black people were enslaved from 1619 to 1865 in the ultimate inhumane conditions one can imagine, illegal for them to be literate and sold their families to other owners at will, breaking up the family unit in the most horrible way. Following 'freedom' from slavery in 1863, they were given another 100 years of segregation and inferior schools in which to learn. This has been the struggle of the black man in America. Jobs were limited due to race and therefore, living conditions were based on poverty and separated by race. And this mindless and heartless soul wants to cry about 'discrimination'. I am not crying. I am telling you the facts. Bacon, I have asked you before. How many times did you go out for dinner in public with your family? Too many times to count. How many times did my brothers and sisters and I. None. Why? Because as a kid, restaurants would not serves "coloreds" and we picked up our food at the back window and took it home. Do you think this was right and justified? Any of you. What do you think? You never project yourselves to see the injustice of this. Only Mike and Allen can see this. The rest of you are totally blind, and will remain that way.
It was right and justified because they didn't want to get to know you or be your friend. The federal government injected its will and tried to force it. You will never get a square peg to fit a triangle hole. You wants interests and desires are completely different than mine, right? Then why the federal law than requires a proportional amount of blacks fill certain jobs or schools? Diversity? Where is your or mikes or Allen's tolerance for people who don't want to get to know you, exchange information with or do business with you?

As I have said before, my prejudice comes from seeing good men passed over for jobs and promotions all because the HR dept was trying to meet affirmative action quotas, instead of hiring the best candidate for the gig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 3 hr Laura 19
bggb (Aug '14) 13 hr gab 121
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) 15 hr JJ Muggs 72
Kyle Fleischmann (May '11) Mar 2 BarbieWorld 8
What happened to Catherine Bilkey - WSOC-TV? Mar 2 Woohoo 8
May 2 Council to impose suffocating, depraved o... Feb 28 ursogay david 3
Dog food heroin smack? Feb 27 Sunny 15
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web