Comments
31,721 - 31,740 of 58,639 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32918
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>But would you not agree that an all white college, an all white college fund, an all white Miss America Pageant, etc...would be considered racism? Why is it ok to have an all black? Isn't that reverse racism? Aren't you advocating racism in a sense?
If your race was enslaved and banned from reading or learning to read by your country, we would not consider a white college fund racist.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32919
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw that. I'd just soon have Taco Bell and then go home to a crown and coke. Or maybe a four horseman, Jack, George, Jim and Johnny Walker Red. Sounds like The Woodshed is for people who have more money than they got good cents. Lol.
I am getting heartburn just listening to that combination.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32920
Jan 20, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>You claim seldom used but you obviously don't watch TV or read the papers.
Out of curiosity, do you refer to yourself as Black American, American Black, just Black, or just American?
In the black community, it is not frequently used. It seems to be more of a white thing to use "Afro American" , but not used typically by most blacks. I refer to myself as "American". Gail and Silver refers to me as Spear chucker, sambo, nappy head and a host of other names that you conservatives never seem to object to. That tells a story.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32921
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do you think businesses should have any saftey requirements for employees?
I have another question to ask you; you remember the time you posted a band and how good the lady was that was singing, and I thought she was good. On with the question, did/do you work at the Flat Iron Bar where the video was recorded. The reviews about the bar were good, but the negatives were about how smokey the place was and how your clothes and hair smelled after leaving from the smell of cigarette smoke. Are doing the double standard or was the video one you acquired from someone who attended the smokey Flat Iron Bar in Greensboro, NC?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32922
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, only interesting post and you and I discussed this before and that is not the answer you gave. I threw out the hypothetical what if a woman got pregnant wanted to have an abortion and the father of the baby said "hey, don't abort, I'll pay for everything and once the baby is born you'll never have to see the child again." We discussed that men are responsible for child support, thus if he should pay after the baby is born shouldn't he have a right about the pregnancy. You said and I agreed that we didn't exactly know the legalities, but it seemed the father should have some rights. We even discussed if a woman is murdered who is pregnant, the perpetrator is charged with double homicide if the child dies, thus the child is considered more than a fetus.
The court can even override a woman's decision after the birth of the baby to not receive child support from the father, even if it was her body and she chose to have the baby. I read not too long ago where a lesbian couple obtained sperm from a male friend and a child was conceived. One of the women fell on hard times or they split or something and the mother of the child was having trouble providing for the child and the judge made the male friend, pay child support. So, I say if the father can be held accountable for fathering a child after birth, he should have a say if his child can be carried to term. I know your argument will be that the woman can have an abortion without the knowledge of the father, and that's the of the story; however, I think if the woman isn't your one night stand kind of woman and she has feelings for said father of the baby, she would tell him she was pregnant, especially if she wanted to continue the relationship.
I do not recall saying this. The father has no say in the matter. He must pay for support because he was a part of the process, but the mother does not have to complete the process. The woman much more of a burden in the process.

If a fetus is killed by someone other than the mother, it is not murdering a child, but murdering a fetus in a woman. It is not a very black and white, clear cut matter.

Does it suck that the father has no say? Yes, but I think the law as it stands has its reasons.

I am not thrilled with abortion, but I do see a need to keep choice a freedom.
I am not thrilled to see anyone have child that is not prepared to raise it well.

Their are no easy answers to the abortion debate. Their certainly is not Utopian solution.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32923
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another question to ask you; you remember the time you posted a band and how good the lady was that was singing, and I thought she was good. On with the question, did/do you work at the Flat Iron Bar where the video was recorded. The reviews about the bar were good, but the negatives were about how smokey the place was and how your clothes and hair smelled after leaving from the smell of cigarette smoke. Are doing the double standard or was the video one you acquired from someone who attended the smokey Flat Iron Bar in Greensboro, NC?
No, I never did work there. They did break the law on the smoking ban for a while, but they are now in compliance.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32924
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If your race was enslaved and banned from reading or learning to read by your country, we would not consider a white college fund racist.
Mike, you forget women, ALL women, weren't educated and couldn't read or learn for a long time in the U.S. Is this why we only have beauty contests for just women, trying to right a wrong? With this being said, using your defense then men who were enslaved or not allowed to learn to read of any color should be entitled to schools that only funded for black people. You forget Mike, there were black and white slaves in our country.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32925
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have another question to ask you; you remember the time you posted a band and how good the lady was that was singing, and I thought she was good. On with the question, did/do you work at the Flat Iron Bar where the video was recorded. The reviews about the bar were good, but the negatives were about how smokey the place was and how your clothes and hair smelled after leaving from the smell of cigarette smoke. Are doing the double standard or was the video one you acquired from someone who attended the smokey Flat Iron Bar in Greensboro, NC?
I have suffered through a few shows full of smoke in order to hear the bands I wanted to see.
The Coliseum shows always have smokers. Strange that they do not enforce the law. It really sucks when the seat you buy is next to a chain smoker.

Smokers in bars all to often chain smoke. They do not seem to care that others are bothered by it or that it can actually give others cancer.

If people actually had normal considerations, maybe their would be no ban on smoking. But the fact is, people will smoke and blow it in your face while you are eating right next to them. Now they cry about not being able to smoke in the bars. I really do not feel bad for them at all.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32926
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, you forget women, ALL women, weren't educated and couldn't read or learn for a long time in the U.S. Is this why we only have beauty contests for just women, trying to right a wrong? With this being said, using your defense then men who were enslaved or not allowed to learn to read of any color should be entitled to schools that only funded for black people. You forget Mike, there were black and white slaves in our country.
Women were not forbidden to read in America. Not being educated does not mean they were not allowed.
Yes, their were a few people other than black persons who were slaves in America. Not many.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32927
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No one is forced to work in a sweatshop.......
If we played by your reasoning, America would be having ten year old kids working eighteen hour days in horrible conditions. This is 2013 not 1913.
Correct, no one is forced to. If no one chooses to, the employer will improve the conditions or shut the doors, it's that simple. Yes, this is 2013, there are other jobs available than a sweatshop.
If my memory serves me correctly, Henry Ford introduced the eight hour work day with better pay, thus forcing everyone else to do the same. The free market at its best, not the govt.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32928
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not recall saying this. The father has no say in the matter. He must pay for support because he was a part of the process, but the mother does not have to complete the process. The woman much more of a burden in the process.
If a fetus is killed by someone other than the mother, it is not murdering a child, but murdering a fetus in a woman. It is not a very black and white, clear cut matter.
Does it suck that the father has no say? Yes, but I think the law as it stands has its reasons.
I am not thrilled with abortion, but I do see a need to keep choice a freedom.
I am not thrilled to see anyone have child that is not prepared to raise it well.
Their are no easy answers to the abortion debate. Their certainly is not Utopian solution.
We did have this discussion and you never said it's the mother's body, end of story. We discussed, not argued, all the things I listed because I wanted a man's point of view. I believe your next to the last sentence is how we ended our discussion.
If the fetus is not a "living person" why would someone who killed the mother and child she is carrying be charged with two homicides?

This wiki site gives the pros and cons of both sides:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims_o...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32929
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have suffered through a few shows full of smoke in order to hear the bands I wanted to see.
The Coliseum shows always have smokers. Strange that they do not enforce the law. It really sucks when the seat you buy is next to a chain smoker.
Smokers in bars all to often chain smoke. They do not seem to care that others are bothered by it or that it can actually give others cancer.
If people actually had normal considerations, maybe their would be no ban on smoking. But the fact is, people will smoke and blow it in your face while you are eating right next to them. Now they cry about not being able to smoke in the bars. I really do not feel bad for them at all.
Well goodness Mike, wasn't it you that said to TSF on another post just the other day and TSF never said he smoked, if you want to commit suicide don't smoke around me or blow smoke in my face and earlier tonight you're going on about second hand smoke and how bad it is. Find a side and stick with it. Either smoke really doesn't bother you or for the sake of a concert you'll tolerate smokers committing suicide for the sake of good music or either you don't like it period. Which is it?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32930
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Women were not forbidden to read in America. Not being educated does not mean they were not allowed.
Yes, their were a few people other than black persons who were slaves in America. Not many.
Mike, you're playing semantics now. Women may not have been forbidden, they weren't included, allowed etc i.e. you say tomato and I say tomahto. Either way I don't think young girls could throw a Wal-Mart temper tantrum and be taught when clearly their place in that day was in the kitchen, sewing, cleaning etc.
Yes, there were more than a few people other than black persons who were slaves in America, and you still didn't answer my question. Should they be allowed to attend colleges where funds are set up for blacks based on your argument because they were enslaved and forbidden to have an education?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32931
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did we get tax cuts for those making over 250K? Nope, but that is what we wanted, but we compromised at 400K.
Just as the Republicans wanted tax increases, not cuts, for those who make over $1M. They compromised at $400K in return for spending cuts, something the Commucrats have now reneged on.....just as they have time and time again.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32932
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So an employee is supposed to research how much the employer makes for a safe work environment?
Fact is, America has made it a practice to force employers to make for a safe workplace. Forcing employees to work in a smoke filled place is hazardous to your health.
Did you not research your employer before you applied? No one was "forced" to work in a smoke filled workplace, that was their choice.
No one forced Henry Ford to create a safe work environment, he took it upon himself thus getting the best help. He forced others to conform, not the govt.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32933
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My son just went through the public education system. And yes, I looked at his books quite often, as I helped him study. I found no political messages. And yes, I do know how they can be hidden. If you think the republican majority school boards here in NC are letting in a bunch of liberal propaganda, it is you who is not actually looking at the textbooks.
Of course you didn't, you agree with the liberal agenda.

http://www.missourieducationwatchdog.com/2013...

http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/subject/...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32934
Jan 20, 2013
 
TSF wrote:
I have looked at the preset day textbooks. I is just difficult to imagine how you see such ominous threats in the teaching of math, science, writing and reading. I think you are the one being brainwashed and it obviouly in't being done by the government.
<quoted text>
See the reply above to Mike with the links.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32935
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have suffered through a few shows full of smoke in order to hear the bands I wanted to see.
The Coliseum shows always have smokers. Strange that they do not enforce the law. It really sucks when the seat you buy is next to a chain smoker.
Smokers in bars all to often chain smoke. They do not seem to care that others are bothered by it or that it can actually give others cancer.
If people actually had normal considerations, maybe their would be no ban on smoking. But the fact is, people will smoke and blow it in your face while you are eating right next to them. Now they cry about not being able to smoke in the bars. I really do not feel bad for them at all.
So you say women should have a choice of abortion but smokers shouldn't have a choice, got it. Is it because abortion doesn't effect you and smoking does, because that's the stance of your party, or both?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32936
Jan 20, 2013
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Women were not forbidden to read in America. Not being educated does not mean they were not allowed.
Yes, their were a few people other than black persons who were slaves in America. Not many.
I believe this link will dispute your slave % being more than a few:

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32937
Jan 20, 2013
 
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you say women should have a choice of abortion but smokers shouldn't have a choice, got it. Is it because abortion doesn't effect you and smoking does, because that's the stance of your party, or both?
No, it's because of his double standards which he always accuses anyone of that disagrees with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 1 hr chalk boy 238
looking for smurfs 1 hr Papa 4
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads 1 hr Whinn 12
bggb 11 hr guest 35
Apraxia 18 hr Wyatts warriors 1
lookin for that boy. where's he at Tue diogenetically su... 15
US Miltia Shooting Illegal Aliens As They Cross... Mon Vagoo softie 6

Search the Charlotte Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••