Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#32650 Jan 18, 2013
TSF wrote:
DMV specifically. A DUI could easily be construed as evidence of mental illness.
<quoted text>
Since mine were almost 20 years ago, I'm not really sure, if at that time, now I believe it is a DWI.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32651 Jan 18, 2013
I have to go to BBC news up find out actual news.All CNN is talking about is Lance Armstrong and a football player at Notre Dame who lied about having a deceased girlfriend.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32652 Jan 18, 2013
Rich Chinese people are coming to California, where they stay at nice houses with nurses, and GIVE BIRTH!! it's CALLED"BIRTH TOURISM".....OMG!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32653 Jan 18, 2013
TSF wrote:
Looks like we need to ban tobacco and hire cigarette police, enbact laws forcing everyon to eata balanced low calorie diet and hire diet police, force everyone to exercise and hie exercise police, ban alcohol and hire breathalizer police, ban toxic substances, ban biologicals. ban cars and risky sexual behavior and hire sex police .
We regulate all these things. Yet you seem to oppose the idea of regulating guns.
Guns in general are not being banned, so can you make some more straw man arguments?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32654 Jan 18, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Allen could have asked if I owned guns.Mike, Allen is a woman.IMO, her point was not as coherent as it could have been.Especially after assuming that I was a gun owner.Damn, I'm tired.
From my perspective, the statement was not just about you anyways.
So why are you banned from owning guns?

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32655 Jan 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>From my perspective, the statement was not just about you anyways.
So why are you banned from owning guns?
I sold my guns.I may buy some more.It depends on how I feel.
Anonymous

North Tazewell, VA

#32657 Jan 18, 2013
Buy lots of guns!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32658 Jan 18, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I don't care if the president hadn't done more than acknowledge, and give support to the families of ANYONE killed in some of these mass killings. He now is attempting to reinvent the wheel on gun control because of a couple isolated incidents, that are indeed tragic, but has don't a damn thing to control guns owned by gangs and thugs that innocent people are killed by daily. Do we just forget them because they don't make for a good story? I'm aware the president is black and I don't what that has to do with anything we're discussing. It's people like you trying to make something out of nothing.
Look, I don't care if you never give the sweat under your armpits to help anyone. Keep your marrow and hopefully you, a family member, some child, mother/father raising children etc won't need it and people like you can feel good when someone asking for people to be marrow donors make you sick. What don't you get death is death? A child's death is no less painful to a parent if it's through a gunshot or the lack of a marrow transplant or any kind of organ donor.
As far as immigration goes, that's for you to worry about, not me. I won't be here and I don't give a damn how many people flood into this country illegally and people like you can work and keep them up. Pick up a gun and fight in your "next" civil, again that's you problem not mine.
This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence you are so concerned about as I am sure Obama is concerned about it also.
This incident made a lot of people worried, so as politicians here the people speak for gun control, they do as their supporters want.
Tell me again why Obama should care that you hate this along with everything else he does? He loses with you, no matter what.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32659 Jan 18, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I have to go to BBC news up find out actual news.All CNN is talking about is Lance Armstrong and a football player at Notre Dame who lied about having a deceased girlfriend.
I agree. Those sorts of stories should be the small filler stories, not the main stories.
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

#32660 Jan 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence you are so concerned about as I am sure Obama is concerned about it also.
This incident made a lot of people worried, so as politicians here the people speak for gun control, they do as their supporters want.
Tell me again why Obama should care that you hate this along with everything else he does? He loses with you, no matter what.
NECROPHILIAC

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32662 Jan 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence you are so concerned about as I am sure Obama is concerned about it also.
This incident made a lot of people worried, so as politicians here the people speak for gun control, they do as their supporters want.
Tell me again why Obama should care that you hate this along with everything else he does? He loses with you, no matter what.
Well Mike, you're certainly not making a very good case for his gun laws if "this incident was likely more of an excuse to put gun laws..." You're telling me the president needs an "excuse" to ramrod laws thru on any issue? An "excuse" is something you give when you did something wrong or back in the day, we had to have a written excuse as to why we missed school. Is this what you're saying? I guess an "excuse" is what he tried to spin, lie and cover up regarding the deaths of the men killed in Libya. His "excuse" was a youtube video, didn't work out for him too well and these gun laws aren't either.
Let me ask you, do you think a person's medical history should be given when they apply for a gun permit? How do you work around HIPPA laws being broken when every Tom, Dick and Harry is privy to your medical history. I agree with TSF, there are many "professionals in the medical field not trained to diagnose a "mental illness"; however, if the family nurse practitioner at the Minute Clinic decides this, puts it in your medical records and it's passed on, you're toast. Do you think someone with a hand washing OCD should be denied a gun permit? OCD is considered a mental illness. I don't; however, you may disagree.
I don't know Obama, and your question about why he should care what I think is irrelevant. I don't care what he thinks, and I am darn sure he doesn't care what I think. It really doesn't matter. I'm not staying around much longer for his second rodeo.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#32663 Jan 18, 2013
Guns are already regulated. Now talk is of banning certain types of guns. Tobacco kills over 400,000 per year while guns kill around 30,000. but certain forms of tobacco are not being banned. I hear no hysteria about banning the far more dangerous tobacco.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We regulate all these things. Yet you seem to oppose the idea of regulating guns.
Guns in general are not being banned, so can you make some more straw man arguments?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#32664 Jan 18, 2013
No repetitions in 20 years is evidence of your sanity. An aquaintance used to call DUI s IUD s in reference to the unpleasantness one experiences with courts after receiving one.
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Since mine were almost 20 years ago, I'm not really sure, if at that time, now I believe it is a DWI.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#32665 Jan 18, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This incident was likely more of an excuse to put in gun laws that may help reduce some of the gang violence.
This incident made a lot of people worried, so as politicians here the people speak for gun control, they do as their supporters want.
Tell me again why Obama should care that you hate this along with everything else he does? He loses with you, no matter what.
It is truly messed up to see liberals get up in arms about gun control on one hand and then they turn around and actively support and condone abortion with the other. In fact, they passionately fight for abortion. This is not about the “safety of our children”. This is about "people" control period.
Look at the stats:
Abortion is a hell of a lot more deadlier than guns.

Guns vs. Abortions
Average (thats average) annual deaths in the US:

Guns: 31K (19K to suicide / 12K to homicide/accident)

Abortion: 1.2 million.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#32666 Jan 18, 2013
TSF wrote:
Guns are already regulated. Now talk is of banning certain types of guns. Tobacco kills over 400,000 per year while guns kill around 30,000. but certain forms of tobacco are not being banned. I hear no hysteria about banning the far more dangerous tobacco.
<quoted text>
That’s because the taxes on tobacco are enormous and could not easily be replaced.

In 2009 (before the recent tobacco tax increase) the Federal Government grossed over 8 BILLION in tax revenue.

That’s a lot of revenue for this spend happy President to make up.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#32668 Jan 18, 2013
Oh hell......we need to regulate hammers now.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/20613663/clerk-beat...
Allen

Penrose, NC

#32669 Jan 18, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I don't care if the president hadn't done more than acknowledge, and give support to the families of ANYONE killed in some of these mass killings. He now is attempting to reinvent the wheel on gun control because of a couple isolated incidents, that are indeed tragic, but has don't a damn thing to control guns owned by gangs and thugs that innocent people are killed by daily. Do we just forget them because they don't make for a good story? I'm aware the president is black and I don't what that has to do with anything we're discussing. It's people like you trying to make something out of nothing.
Look, I don't care if you never give the sweat under your armpits to help anyone. Keep your marrow and hopefully you, a family member, some child, mother/father raising children etc won't need it and people like you can feel good when someone asking for people to be marrow donors make you sick. What don't you get death is death? A child's death is no less painful to a parent if it's through a gunshot or the lack of a marrow transplant or any kind of organ donor.
As far as immigration goes, that's for you to worry about, not me. I won't be here and I don't give a damn how many people flood into this country illegally and people like you can work and keep them up. Pick up a gun and fight in your "next" civil, again that's you problem not mine.
You're so quick to assume that I worry. If I were worried then I would be doing what you and Silver are doing. I know you don't care about these people. It's people with your mentality who hired them in for a low wage knowing full well they were UNDOCUMENTED all for the sake of making that all mighty dollar. Now that there is over 12 million of them here the majority (70%) of which cast their votes for the Demorcratic Party, Republicans want to cry self deportation. Not. AS far as keeping them up, lmao. These people do more by accident in one day than you and any of your fellow repubs can muster in a week on purpose.




colors

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32670 Jan 18, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
Oh hell......we need to regulate hammers now.
http://www.wbtv.com/story/20613663/clerk-beat...
TEW, LMAO!!!! I guess my husband will have to add "hammer" permits to the list of permits he has to pull now.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32671 Jan 18, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so quick to assume that I worry. If I were worried then I would be doing what you and Silver are doing. I know you don't care about these people. It's people with your mentality who hired them in for a low wage knowing full well they were UNDOCUMENTED all for the sake of making that all mighty dollar. Now that there is over 12 million of them here the majority (70%) of which cast their votes for the Demorcratic Party, Republicans want to cry self deportation. Not. AS far as keeping them up, lmao. These people do more by accident in one day than you and any of your fellow repubs can muster in a week on purpose.
colors
Allen, you seem to know far more about hiring undocumented workers than I do, especially when it concerns my business. We actually hire college kids needing a job to keep them going and we work around their school hours to help them out. So sue me.
As far as being hard workers, why don't they work hard in their own country legally and let those that are legal citizens in our country have the jobs they take?
Self-deportation, leaving because I don't care, getting the heck out of Dodge, whatever you want to call it, I'm crying all the way out of this country that's going to hell in a handbag. You stay and fight your "civil war". Make sure you fight with the undocumented workers because I'm sure they can get a gun permit before a legal citizen can in this country.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32672 Jan 18, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
It is truly messed up to see liberals get up in arms about gun control on one hand and then they turn around and actively support and condone abortion with the other. In fact, they passionately fight for abortion. This is not about the “safety of our children”. This is about "people" control period.
Look at the stats:
Abortion is a hell of a lot more deadlier than guns.
Guns vs. Abortions
Average (thats average) annual deaths in the US:
Guns: 31K (19K to suicide / 12K to homicide/accident)
Abortion: 1.2 million.
I hope your facts are way off..I hope...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bggb (Aug '14) 12 hr gab 153
how now BROWN cow >> boi 13 hr JMO 9
News Woman dies after boyfriend says she jumped from... (Dec '09) 16 hr jkelly 88
420? Sat JMO 2
Tennessee boy looking for some fun tonight Sat Tennessee boy 1
Dog food heroin smack? Apr 30 Emmy1345 26
Charlotte really SUCKS! (Aug '09) Apr 30 Waco 1909 166
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]