LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#32204 Jan 13, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Democrats are trying to do something about women's pay scales. Republicans are blocking the action. Makes one proud to be in the GOP I am sure.
For the sake of "my party", as you and Mike keep telling ME, how are the Republicans doing that, please be specific.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

#32205 Jan 13, 2013
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Shame on you sweetie!!!!!
My ability to edit myself is horribly deficient.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#32206 Jan 13, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, did you even read my post? Will Lilly Ledbetter and her Fair Pay Act, make women stop being treated like a piece of meat in the work environment? You've been on here whining about being discriminated against because of color and not once did you mention pay, but somehow when the women speak of how they're treated unfairly in the work place, it suddenly becomes about the Democrats and money. Will more money make a woman happy in a work environment where she' treated like a two dollar hooker?
Her, here, but making more money would make it easier to tolerate;)...a new dually diesal would make SOMEONE happy!!!
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

#32207 Jan 13, 2013
Arnold Silvercoast is a happy dude, period.I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on this forum is as happy as he is these days.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#32208 Jan 13, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
Arnold Silvercoast is a happy dude, period.I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on this forum is as happy as he is these days.
I AM!!
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

#32209 Jan 13, 2013
Cheer up though, Arnold! Silvercoast is just moving! He will probably still be on Topix, just a time zone thing!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#32210 Jan 13, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, did you even read my post? Will Lilly Ledbetter and her Fair Pay Act, make women stop being treated like a piece of meat in the work environment? You've been on here whining about being discriminated against because of color and not once did you mention pay, but somehow when the women speak of how they're treated unfairly in the work place, it suddenly becomes about the Democrats and money. Will more money make a woman happy in a work environment where she' treated like a two dollar hooker?
There are laws about a woman being treated like a two dollar hooker. It's called Sexual Harrassment. I never whined about my experience. I said that once you had the experience, then to see it continue in unsprupulous and deceitful ways is hard to take. But, you will never understand. You don't seem to have much empathy for people in other situations to begin with. You just keep voting Republican and still complain about the situation when they are killing any efforts of fair pay to women.

Location hidden

#32211 Jan 13, 2013
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>For the sake of "my party", as you and Mike keep telling ME, how are the Republicans doing that, please be specific.
Google it if you want to know. It may be worth your time.

Location hidden

#32212 Jan 13, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You would be incorrect.He's winning because he's having a great life.
Well, I am too, and I wouldn't trade my values for his financial wealth, which may I add, I am suspect of to begin with. I have never placed a $ mark on happiness. He certainly does, and maybe you do, too. My wealth and happiness comes from a more inner place and I would not trade my life or what I see as accomplishments with him or anybody else that I have ever encountered. No one.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

#32213 Jan 13, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am too, and I wouldn't trade my values for his financial wealth, which may I add, I am suspect of to begin with. I have never placed a $ mark on happiness. He certainly does, and maybe you do, too. My wealth and happiness comes from a more inner place and I would not trade my life or what I see as accomplishments with him or anybody else that I have ever encountered. No one.
I am wealthy,AZ.RICH beyond my wildest dreams of avarice.But that's due to someone else.Someone who has given me back the will to live, when all I was doing was waiting to die.Someone who has reminded me, as the story goes, that the sun also rises.Do you not remember, that I said your life was"blessed by GOD"when I was"not quite here"? Don't write me off man.Have I ever said you were anything but a good man? Yeah, fact I is, I like Silvercoast, as well as you.You two are natural adversaries, for OBVIOUS REASONS! Y'all go at it.Don't bother me a bit.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#32214 Jan 13, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it if you want to know. It may be worth your time.
I thought so....nada
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#32215 Jan 13, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
My impression of Silver is the life he has is the one with his "best girl" and the family they have.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

#32216 Jan 13, 2013
I wouldn't trade places with Bill Gates.

Location hidden

#32217 Jan 13, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
There are laws about a woman being treated like a two dollar hooker. It's called Sexual Harrassment. I never whined about my experience. I said that once you had the experience, then to see it continue in unsprupulous and deceitful ways is hard to take. But, you will never understand. You don't seem to have much empathy for people in other situations to begin with. You just keep voting Republican and still complain about the situation when they are killing any efforts of fair pay to women.
Oh please give me a break Arnold. Allow me to use some of your examples of how you know you're treated unfairly because of your skin color; "I know they're talking about me but they don't say it where I can hear it" or "I know which of my neighbors don't like black people" or "I know which of my neighbors are Republicans" etc. The same way you seem to KNOW all these things because you're black is the same way I KNOW when men are treating women the same way. You can't get someone for sexual harassment because we "feel" they're talking about us or from subtle nuances, there has to be definitive proof. I've had the experience, but somehow when you get pinned in a corner, race discrimination prevails over any other discrimination and the Democrats always have the right answers. Equal pay is great, but which would you rather have equal pay or respect? I'll take respect and hope those that discriminate against me because of gender whether it's through subtle words and nuances or in pay and hope they take the money they cheat me out of and buy themselves some respect. There's some things money can't buy Arnold and the Civil Rights Laws that cover both you and ME, don't mean squat to many people and the sooner you figure it out, the happier and less paranoid you'll be. Since you have a degree in psychology you should know, the only people/person you can control is yourself. Stop blaming everyone that doesn't agree with you for not having empathy, maybe they understand what you can't, you can't control others and when you try, the only person that ends up on the losing end of the frustration stick is you. Is it worth it, because you still haven't changed anything.

Location hidden

#32218 Jan 13, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
And it would be your word against his. The first time they introduced posts by this ragtag group of us here on Topix into evidence and what Silver said in response, they'd laugh you out of court. All Silver has to say is "I was jerking their chain, or playing devil's advocate" to get a debate started." Heaven forbid, look at some of the things we've discussed on here. Do you really think a man whose moniker is based off a pig on Green Acres (tv show of the late 60's and early 70's) is going to be taken seriously? You might as well call yourself Elvis and when they laugh you out, someone can say "Folks Elvis has left the building". Lord knows, I thought Mike was naive, but Arnold you've been around longer than Mike to know how the real world operates. Let's don't burst Mike's bubble and tell him any differently.
It was a friggin joke.
Waco 1909

Houston, TX

#32219 Jan 13, 2013
Silvercoast has probably fallen asleep in his recliner, with the dogs laying around.I had to babysit a sick acquaintance last night, I'm going out myself, Goodnight Bacon, it's been a long hard day, I'm done. :)

Location hidden

#32220 Jan 13, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
Silvercoast has probably fallen asleep in his recliner, with the dogs laying around.I had to babysit a sick acquaintance last night, I'm going out myself, Goodnight Bacon, it's been a long hard day, I'm done.:)
Goodnight Waco. Don't stay out too late. You know how late nights are for us "old folk", takes us two days to get over it!!:)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32222 Jan 14, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you don't pay any of my bills and you are not Forum king, I will retort.
What I was going to suggest, that if you do have a valid license and drive a vehicle, the choice you make in the vehicle you drive is no different than that of how the firm I work for does business.
You like Fiat's and not dodges, then you drive a fiat. You like Chevy's over Fords, then you drive a Chevy. All a matter of choice, just like in the dealings of my firm.
They decide who the do and do not do business with. They decide who they employ and do not employ.
Not sure what else to tell you.
How you drive is my business silly, this is why we have speed limits and a ton of other laws on how you must drive and even what cars are legal.

I know you hate America.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#32223 Jan 14, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Why do I see signs on business doors that say "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"? Is that against the law? ATF says I can refuse to sell a firearm to anyone, "Know your customer, when in doubt, don't sell".
It is not illegal to post a sign, but if they refused service due to race and openly said so, it would be illegal.
Private clubs may have some loopholes to this, but an accounting firm does not have such loopholes.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#32224 Jan 14, 2013
Have you ever noticed how statists are constantly "reforming" their own handiwork? Education reform. Health-care reform. Welfare reform. Tax reform. The very fact that they're always busy "reforming" is an implicit admission that they didn't get it right the first 50 times. Lawrence W. Reed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 11 hr Oliver 22
Carlos Agurs 22 hr Lady E 1
Review: Roach Research Inc Sat Dontburnbridges2011 1
Thompson Orphanage (Jan '11) Mar 27 Denise Blalock Mc... 18
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Mar 27 Van Halen 4,796
dog food (Jun '14) Mar 25 nyc2nc 12
I Love Black Women (May '11) Mar 25 DO WHAT 247
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]