Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,541)

Showing posts 30,801 - 30,820 of55,634
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31972
Jan 12, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Best I can tell, Silver doesn't like you, your friends or the fact you used your minority status to attend college for your graduate and post graduate degrees. That's just my intrepretation and you may interpret it differntly. What's the old saying "you say potato and I say potahto"? Could be the case here. Just ask him if you don't understand.
I thought conservatives admired people who came from poverty and did not choose a life dependent on the government, but made their own way through hard work and self reliance to be successful. I am that man, and I also encourage and help young people of today do the same. I wonder why Silver hates me for being successful? Do you think he may be a racist and his dislike is due to the fact that I am black? Do you defend Silver in his racist view? Do you think the term "half breed" is a racist expression?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31973
Jan 12, 2013
 
Half breed is definitely a racist expression and the silver using it is definitely a racist. That type, regardless of their race, has low self esteem and compensates by fabricating a group less worthy than their lowly self. Then , mostly to reinforce their own beliefs, they rail against the "bad" people. "See those bad people, I'm not like them---, I am therefore good". this works for them and they deceive themselves into the belief that they have somehow convinced others.
It is actually pathetic, but it is what it is.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31974
Jan 12, 2013
 
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought conservatives admired people who came from poverty and did not choose a life dependent on the government, but made their own way through hard work and self reliance to be successful. I am that man, and I also encourage and help young people of today do the same. I wonder why Silver hates me for being successful? Do you think he may be a racist and his dislike is due to the fact that I am black? Do you defend Silver in his racist view? Do you think the term "half breed" is a racist expression?
Arnold, I can't speak for everybody, but I'll speak for myself. I admire anyone who chooses a life independent of the government that will eventually make them dependent on the government. I don't know why Silver hates you for being successful, but I can tell you I don't dislike you or anyone that is successful, nor do I try to shame them to give away what they worked hard for unless they feel personally they should. Yes, I'd say Silver is racist and I don't know if there was something in his life that shaped his views on race or if that's just how he feels; however, he has a right to be a racist, have freedom of speech and express it. I don't like the term "half breed", "bitch", "SOB", and the list could go on because it attacks a person's race and sex. I happen to think we have a poster on here that constantly attacks women under the auspice of "debating" and I, too, think is wrong. This poster clearly has a problem with females as Silver does with race and I never see you call this misogynist out on this fact.

Arnold, this is my opinion on your post: You can't please all the people all time, so stop trying. Stop your double standards too on subjects we discuss. You can call Silver out for being a racist, but you won't call Mike out when he attacks what is suppose to be your religious views. Why is that? You will attack me over how I interpret scriptures you cherry pick for an argument, but never follow the other scriptures where the Bible states to be a witness and spread the gospel/good news of the Jesus to nonbelievers.

As my mother used to say, "sweep around your own front door before you start about mine" and remember too, for every fault you find in me or someone else or someone else finds in you, they and you can find two in each other.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31975
Jan 12, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I can't speak for everybody, but I'll speak for myself. I admire anyone who chooses a life independent of the government that will eventually make them dependent on the government. I don't know why Silver hates you for being successful, but I can tell you I don't dislike you or anyone that is successful, nor do I try to shame them to give away what they worked hard for unless they feel personally they should. Yes, I'd say Silver is racist and I don't know if there was something in his life that shaped his views on race or if that's just how he feels; however, he has a right to be a racist, have freedom of speech and express it. I don't like the term "half breed", "bitch", "SOB", and the list could go on because it attacks a person's race and sex. I happen to think we have a poster on here that constantly attacks women under the auspice of "debating" and I, too, think is wrong. This poster clearly has a problem with females as Silver does with race and I never see you call this misogynist out on this fact.
Arnold, this is my opinion on your post: You can't please all the people all time, so stop trying. Stop your double standards too on subjects we discuss. You can call Silver out for being a racist, but you won't call Mike out when he attacks what is suppose to be your religious views. Why is that? You will attack me over how I interpret scriptures you cherry pick for an argument, but never follow the other scriptures where the Bible states to be a witness and spread the gospel/good news of the Jesus to nonbelievers.
As my mother used to say, "sweep around your own front door before you start about mine" and remember too, for every fault you find in me or someone else or someone else finds in you, they and you can find two in each other.
First of all, I respect the fact that you view Silver as a racist and admit that he is. He does have that right, but I also have the right to respond to his view. It is clear that the 13th. 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution speak of racial equality and make it the law. Being an Athiest is a choice, and although I do not agree with Mike's view, it is a religious freedom protected by the 1st Amendment. Therefore, there are Amendments that make it illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, but the freedom to view God (or lack of God) is protected, just as it protects one to be a Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist or Christian. Just as I do not discriminate against any people of different religious beliefs, I follow the rule of the Constitutiion in regard to racial equality and believe it is right. That is the difference.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31976
Jan 12, 2013
 
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I respect the fact that you view Silver as a racist and admit that he is. He does have that right, but I also have the right to respond to his view. It is clear that the 13th. 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution speak of racial equality and make it the law. Being an Athiest is a choice, and although I do not agree with Mike's view, it is a religious freedom protected by the 1st Amendment. Therefore, there are Amendments that make it illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, but the freedom to view God (or lack of God) is protected, just as it protects one to be a Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist or Christian. Just as I do not discriminate against any people of different religious beliefs, I follow the rule of the Constitutiion in regard to racial equality and believe it is right. That is the difference.
Arnold, being a racist is a choice too and I could have given the same argument for Silver as you did for Mike. You get so wrapped up in the Constitution protecting race that you forget it protects Silver's right to express and might I add freely, his opinions on race, or anything, just as you and I have the same right. Silver's not breaking any laws by being a racist on here and voicing his opinions. You conveniently overlooked Mike's constant attacks on women and women too, are a protected class. So I guess we can just use the same argument for Silver's racism, Mike's religious freedom (which he's entitled to) and also his discrimination against women. The weakness I see in you on a personal level is you allow the Constitution to be your moral compass and if you're a christian, you would allow the Bible to be. I don't badger Mike about not believing, but being a christian I have attempted to discuss the Bible and salvation with Mike and he doesn't want it, so I don't waste my time. There are plenty of people who have never heard the Word and would be more than willing to accept, so why waste my time on someone who heard, formed his beliefs and doesn't want any part of it. I've never seen you once call Mike out on the Bible and it's not because of his freedom to believe or not to believe, you're cowardly about approaching him. Remember the scripture you gave me earlier about the goats and lambs, well flip on over to Matthew 28: 18-20 and read about the The Great Commission. Nowhere in those scriptures did Jesus say check with someone else, the Constitution etc, before sending out his disciples to preach the Word.

Arnold, if you can make it right for Mike to have religious freedom and you respect it because it's covered under the Constitution, then don't double standard, give Silver his right to racism whether you agree with it or not because technically he's covered by freedom of speech, just as Mike is covered by freedom of religion. If you're going to live by the Constitution, don't do it like the Bible and cherry pick the parts that suit your arguments.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31977
Jan 12, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>Arnold, being a racist is a choice too and I could have given the same argument for Silver as you did for Mike. You get so wrapped up in the Constitution protecting race that you forget it protects Silver's right to express and might I add freely, his opinions on race, or anything, just as you and I have the same right. Silver's not breaking any laws by being a racist on here and voicing his opinions. You conveniently overlooked Mike's constant attacks on women and women too, are a protected class. So I guess we can just use the same argument for Silver's racism, Mike's religious freedom (which he's entitled to) and also his discrimination against women. The weakness I see in you on a personal level is you allow the Constitution to be your moral compass and if you're a christian, you would allow the Bible to be. I don't badger Mike about not believing, but being a christian I have attempted to discuss the Bible and salvation with Mike and he doesn't want it, so I don't waste my time. There are plenty of people who have never heard the Word and would be more than willing to accept, so why waste my time on someone who heard, formed his beliefs and doesn't want any part of it. I've never seen you once call Mike out on the Bible and it's not because of his freedom to believe or not to believe, you're cowardly about approaching him. Remember the scripture you gave me earlier about the goats and lambs, well flip on over to Matthew 28: 18-20 and read about the The Great Commission. Nowhere in those scriptures did Jesus say check with someone else, the Constitution etc, before sending out his disciples to preach the Word.

Arnold, if you can make it right for Mike to have religious freedom and you respect it because it's covered under the Constitution, then don't double standard, give Silver his right to racism whether you agree with it or not because technically he's covered by freedom of speech, just as Mike is covered by freedom of religion. If you're going to live by the Constitution, don't do it like the Bible and cherry pick the parts that suit your arguments.
Oh shit.,,.how many cups of coffee have you had dear? I have already explained why I am prejudice and will not explain it any further.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31978
Jan 12, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shit.,,.how many cups of coffee have you had dear? I have already explained why I am prejudice and will not explain it any further.
You can't justify it with any valid reasons because there are none.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31979
Jan 12, 2013
 
Oooohhh, the humanity..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31980
Jan 12, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shit.,,.how many cups of coffee have you had dear? I have already explained why I am prejudice and will not explain it any further.
Hey buddy, you're packing boxes and should know it's a pain in the butt and any extra energy is a plus!!! I don't drink coffee, but I sure can put down some soft drinks loaded with caffeine, plus I'm taking cold medicine that has me bouncing off the walls. As much as I would like to "debate" this issue and considering it's between you and Arnold, this woman has work to do today and Topix isn't going to help me complete my tasks. Silver, I'm just like Waco, I like you for being you. I might not agree with all your opinions but I respect the fact you don't mind putting them out there and standing behind them. As you guys say "here, here."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31981
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, being a racist is a choice too and I could have given the same argument for Silver as you did for Mike. You get so wrapped up in the Constitution protecting race that you forget it protects Silver's right to express and might I add freely, his opinions on race, or anything, just as you and I have the same right. Silver's not breaking any laws by being a racist on here and voicing his opinions. You conveniently overlooked Mike's constant attacks on women and women too, are a protected class. So I guess we can just use the same argument for Silver's racism, Mike's religious freedom (which he's entitled to) and also his discrimination against women. The weakness I see in you on a personal level is you allow the Constitution to be your moral compass and if you're a christian, you would allow the Bible to be. I don't badger Mike about not believing, but being a christian I have attempted to discuss the Bible and salvation with Mike and he doesn't want it, so I don't waste my time. There are plenty of people who have never heard the Word and would be more than willing to accept, so why waste my time on someone who heard, formed his beliefs and doesn't want any part of it. I've never seen you once call Mike out on the Bible and it's not because of his freedom to believe or not to believe, you're cowardly about approaching him. Remember the scripture you gave me earlier about the goats and lambs, well flip on over to Matthew 28: 18-20 and read about the The Great Commission. Nowhere in those scriptures did Jesus say check with someone else, the Constitution etc, before sending out his disciples to preach the Word.
Arnold, if you can make it right for Mike to have religious freedom and you respect it because it's covered under the Constitution, then don't double standard, give Silver his right to racism whether you agree with it or not because technically he's covered by freedom of speech, just as Mike is covered by freedom of religion. If you're going to live by the Constitution, don't do it like the Bible and cherry pick the parts that suit your arguments.
Where have I ever prohibited Silver from his right to his racist views or said that he doesn't have this right? I have never hindered his right to speak freely. I simply call him out over his view, and he should be able to defend it. I am sorry, I haven't observed Mike's opposition to women, so you may point me out an example. I have heard him say that the things written by Paul were outdated, but I have never seen any discrimination he has expressed against women. Give me an example. Witnessing to others is through your life more than through your words. So, in that respect I do witness. I do it everyday. I am not afraid to call out anyone, but the fact remains that politically I agree more with Mike than I do with you and Silver. I think he is much more fair and wants equality for all people than either of you, therefore, I am more in line with his view. Don't you cherry pick your scriptual view of homosexuals?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31982
Jan 12, 2013
 
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy, you're packing boxes and should know it's a pain in the butt and any extra energy is a plus!!! I don't drink coffee, but I sure can put down some soft drinks loaded with caffeine, plus I'm taking cold medicine that has me bouncing off the walls. As much as I would like to "debate" this issue and considering it's between you and Arnold, this woman has work to do today and Topix isn't going to help me complete my tasks. Silver, I'm just like Waco, I like you for being you. I might not agree with all your opinions but I respect the fact you don't mind putting them out there and standing behind them. As you guys say "here, here."
Then, you must respect Hitler and Stalin too for putting out their views and standing behind them. Right?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31983
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, you must respect Hitler and Stalin too for putting out their views and standing behind them. Right?
You're comparing Silvercoast to Hitler and Stalin, who were responsible for the deaths of over 40 million people? That's truly insane.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31984
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're comparing Silvercoast to Hitler and Stalin, who were responsible for the deaths of over 40 million people? That's truly insane.
No, I am absolutely not comparing Silver to Hitler or Stalin. I am asking Bacon if she respects Hitler and Stalin for standing up for their beliefs as she does Silver in the same way he stands up for his because she said that is what she admired about him.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31985
Jan 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am absolutely not comparing Silver to Hitler or Stalin. I am asking Bacon if she respects Hitler and Stalin for standing up for their beliefs as she does Silver in the same way he stands up for his because she said that is what she admired about him.
Why don't you ask Bacon if she admires Silvercoast for standing up for his beliefs like Lincoln and George Washington?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31986
Jan 12, 2013
 
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, you must respect Hitler and Stalin too for putting out their views and standing behind them. Right?
1re·spect
noun \ri-&#712;spekt\
Definition of RESPECT
1
: a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation <remarks having respect to an earlier plan>
2
: an act of giving particular attention : consideration
3
a : high or special regard : esteem
b : the quality or state of being esteemed
c plural : expressions of high or special regard or deference <paid our respects>
4
: particular, detail <a good plan in some respects>
— in respect of
chiefly British : with respect to : concerning
— in respect to
: with respect to : concerning
— with respect to
: with reference to : in relation to
See respect defined for English-language learners »
See respect defined for kids »
Examples of RESPECT

He has earned their respect.
The soldier saluted as a sign of respect.
Despite our differences, I have enormous respect for him.
I have a great respect for his accomplishments.
I expect to be treated with respect.
Your theory makes sense in one respect.
The earth's crust floats over a core of molten rock and some of its parts have a tendency to move with respect to one another.—Mario Salvadori, Why Buildings Stand Up, 1990
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/res...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31987
Jan 12, 2013
 
Respect should not be confused with tolerance, since tolerance doesn't necessarily imply subordination to one's qualities but means treating as equal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Respect

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31988
Jan 12, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you ask Bacon if she admires Silvercoast for standing up for his beliefs like Lincoln and George Washington?
Here here

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31989
Jan 12, 2013
 
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you ask Bacon if she admires Silvercoast for standing up for his beliefs like Lincoln and George Washington?
I would, but Silver probably doesn't like Lincoln because of the Emancipation Proclamation, but he can answer that. Do you admire Hitler and Stalin for standing up for their views? It it standing up for views only, or standing up for the RIGHT views that makes one admirable?

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31990
Jan 12, 2013
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
The communist president, Barrak Obama, is considering issuing an executive order banning all fire arms or the sale there of?
Way to go democrats. Good call in November.
Perhaps another civil war is just whats needed in America. Flush out all the sympathizers like TSF, Miley, Seven and house slaves like AZ.
I will not like the reckoning with Waco and Lu. Not looking forward to that at all.
your funny. silver quit mentioning me ya big internet fake.

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31991
Jan 12, 2013
 
so im back with another very talented musical artist.
search on youtube Lana Del Rey: either born to die or blue jeans. she has a very stark realist voice and some people say she is the female version of cash.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,801 - 30,820 of55,634
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Belmont poised to extend bike trails at Rocky B... 1 hr JLo 2
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 5 hr I Hate Syracuse 224
Dog food and meds 6 hr bulldog 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 7 hr Timmy_ 4,826
Pastor accused of abuse (Mar '12) 11 hr Concerned 8
Welcome To The End Of The World 13 hr WebPreach 1
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Mon north 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••