Comments
30,781 - 30,800 of 58,804 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31956 Jan 11, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, you believe the scriptures the way you want and I will do the same without judging your interpretation. Please reserve your judgement of me about my religious beliefs, since I'm certain no one died and made you God within the last hour. Have a nice evening.
I am certainly not God and never made any such claims. I just understand English well enough to know what was said and written in the scripture. I think you know in your heart that I am right, and that any interpretation is not needed. It plainly says what it says. Whether you choose to practice it or not is entirely your business, but you certainly cannot deny the words. And, I wish you a nice evening as well. Remember. Those are the words of Jesus...not mine.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31957 Jan 11, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> So...you have"blind"faith in America? What a fool you are.What a total idiot.Ever read a history book?
Yes, I have faith in America. Call me a fool if you will, but I see the history of America and I think it is holding strong to its core values.
I have zero faith in a god, as I have not seen a god do a damned thing.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31958 Jan 11, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's talking about Jesus? We're talking about hurricanes and people dumb as sheep. BTW, since you only read the red print in the Bible, the lamb (Jesus) also is referred to as a lion 29 times. It's known as an anomaly. He will no longer be the lamb led to slaughter, but He will be the lion that comes back to take care of business because lambs aren't known for their mean disposition or strength. I'm good with the goats, but you can call us the lions if you want and Silver can still be the leader.
Ah, the republican Jesus. One can interpret Jesus to be what they wish.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31959 Jan 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have faith in America. Call me a fool if you will, but I see the history of America and I think it is holding strong to its core values.
Good for you.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31960 Jan 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the republican Jesus. One can interpret Jesus to be what they wish.
People interpret everything the way they want,since when has that been news?

Location hidden

#31961 Jan 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the republican Jesus. One can interpret Jesus to be what they wish.
Ah, the left wing dem atheist. One who can interpret nothing.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31962 Jan 11, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the left wing dem atheist. One who can interpret nothing.
here here!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31963 Jan 11, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no interpretation needed. It is in plain English.
"But Lord, when did we see you hungry and in need?", the people asked on Judgement Day.
"As you did to the least of these my brothers, you did the same to me", Jesus replied.
What kind of 'interpretatiion' do you need from that?
You have chosen money over Jesus....plain and simple.
And God will judge us all...including you half breed. Remember, your the guy who's close and personal friends with a former drug dealer turned model citizen....Who also suffered tremendous setbacks and misgivings because of Jim Crow era laws while attending undergraduate and graduate school, all because, they were trying to meet a quota.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31964 Jan 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have faith in America. Call me a fool if you will, but I see the history of America and I think it is holding strong to its core values.
And the American Empire is imploding just like the Romans did.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31965 Jan 11, 2013
The state of Texas is going to use taxpayer money to train certain teachers and school administrators in the use of firearms.This training will go beyond mere concealed carry training.The Israelis use this system, but their teachers are precisely chosen and HIGHLY TRAINED! Students are also trained to go to preselected areas if the school in case of trouble, the Israelis use concentric rings of undetectable defenses in the school also.This has been HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL!!

Location hidden

#31966 Jan 11, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And God will judge us all...including you half breed. Remember, your the guy who's close and personal friends with a former drug dealer turned model citizen....Who also suffered tremendous setbacks and misgivings because of Jim Crow era laws while attending undergraduate and graduate school, all because, they were trying to meet a quota.
Bacon, The Head Goat speaketh. Praise the name of The Goat.

Location hidden

#31967 Jan 11, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, would you please interpret this for me?

Location hidden

#31968 Jan 12, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, would you please interpret this for me?
Best I can tell, Silver doesn't like you, your friends or the fact you used your minority status to attend college for your graduate and post graduate degrees. That's just my intrepretation and you may interpret it differntly. What's the old saying "you say potato and I say potahto"? Could be the case here. Just ask him if you don't understand.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#31969 Jan 12, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, The Head Goat speaketh. Praise the name of The Goat.
FXNEWS Jan. 10, 2013: "Dutch Co. looking for people to take a one way trip to Mars." Great alternative for the Goat People! I would nominate Silver to head this mission but, he can't seem to (like Boehner) get his goat head out of his sheep a$$.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#31970 Jan 12, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
FXNEWS Jan. 10, 2013: "Dutch Co. looking for people to take a one way trip to Mars." Great alternative for the Goat People! I would nominate Silver to head this mission but, he can't seem to (like Boehner) get his goat head out of his sheep a$$.
Silvercoast has pissed quite a few people off by leaving.Apparently living well IS the best revenge!
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#31971 Jan 12, 2013
Every day, more see that the road to communisms in America does not involve a knock in the night or a jack-booted thug. It starts with smooth-talking politicians offering seemingly innocuous compromises, and an opportunistic leadership that chooses not to stand up for America’s enduring principles of freedom and self-independents.

Location hidden

#31972 Jan 12, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Best I can tell, Silver doesn't like you, your friends or the fact you used your minority status to attend college for your graduate and post graduate degrees. That's just my intrepretation and you may interpret it differntly. What's the old saying "you say potato and I say potahto"? Could be the case here. Just ask him if you don't understand.
I thought conservatives admired people who came from poverty and did not choose a life dependent on the government, but made their own way through hard work and self reliance to be successful. I am that man, and I also encourage and help young people of today do the same. I wonder why Silver hates me for being successful? Do you think he may be a racist and his dislike is due to the fact that I am black? Do you defend Silver in his racist view? Do you think the term "half breed" is a racist expression?
TSF

Kenly, NC

#31973 Jan 12, 2013
Half breed is definitely a racist expression and the silver using it is definitely a racist. That type, regardless of their race, has low self esteem and compensates by fabricating a group less worthy than their lowly self. Then , mostly to reinforce their own beliefs, they rail against the "bad" people. "See those bad people, I'm not like them---, I am therefore good". this works for them and they deceive themselves into the belief that they have somehow convinced others.
It is actually pathetic, but it is what it is.

Location hidden

#31974 Jan 12, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought conservatives admired people who came from poverty and did not choose a life dependent on the government, but made their own way through hard work and self reliance to be successful. I am that man, and I also encourage and help young people of today do the same. I wonder why Silver hates me for being successful? Do you think he may be a racist and his dislike is due to the fact that I am black? Do you defend Silver in his racist view? Do you think the term "half breed" is a racist expression?
Arnold, I can't speak for everybody, but I'll speak for myself. I admire anyone who chooses a life independent of the government that will eventually make them dependent on the government. I don't know why Silver hates you for being successful, but I can tell you I don't dislike you or anyone that is successful, nor do I try to shame them to give away what they worked hard for unless they feel personally they should. Yes, I'd say Silver is racist and I don't know if there was something in his life that shaped his views on race or if that's just how he feels; however, he has a right to be a racist, have freedom of speech and express it. I don't like the term "half breed", "bitch", "SOB", and the list could go on because it attacks a person's race and sex. I happen to think we have a poster on here that constantly attacks women under the auspice of "debating" and I, too, think is wrong. This poster clearly has a problem with females as Silver does with race and I never see you call this misogynist out on this fact.

Arnold, this is my opinion on your post: You can't please all the people all time, so stop trying. Stop your double standards too on subjects we discuss. You can call Silver out for being a racist, but you won't call Mike out when he attacks what is suppose to be your religious views. Why is that? You will attack me over how I interpret scriptures you cherry pick for an argument, but never follow the other scriptures where the Bible states to be a witness and spread the gospel/good news of the Jesus to nonbelievers.

As my mother used to say, "sweep around your own front door before you start about mine" and remember too, for every fault you find in me or someone else or someone else finds in you, they and you can find two in each other.

Location hidden

#31975 Jan 12, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I can't speak for everybody, but I'll speak for myself. I admire anyone who chooses a life independent of the government that will eventually make them dependent on the government. I don't know why Silver hates you for being successful, but I can tell you I don't dislike you or anyone that is successful, nor do I try to shame them to give away what they worked hard for unless they feel personally they should. Yes, I'd say Silver is racist and I don't know if there was something in his life that shaped his views on race or if that's just how he feels; however, he has a right to be a racist, have freedom of speech and express it. I don't like the term "half breed", "bitch", "SOB", and the list could go on because it attacks a person's race and sex. I happen to think we have a poster on here that constantly attacks women under the auspice of "debating" and I, too, think is wrong. This poster clearly has a problem with females as Silver does with race and I never see you call this misogynist out on this fact.
Arnold, this is my opinion on your post: You can't please all the people all time, so stop trying. Stop your double standards too on subjects we discuss. You can call Silver out for being a racist, but you won't call Mike out when he attacks what is suppose to be your religious views. Why is that? You will attack me over how I interpret scriptures you cherry pick for an argument, but never follow the other scriptures where the Bible states to be a witness and spread the gospel/good news of the Jesus to nonbelievers.
As my mother used to say, "sweep around your own front door before you start about mine" and remember too, for every fault you find in me or someone else or someone else finds in you, they and you can find two in each other.
First of all, I respect the fact that you view Silver as a racist and admit that he is. He does have that right, but I also have the right to respond to his view. It is clear that the 13th. 14th and 15th Amendments to the Constitution speak of racial equality and make it the law. Being an Athiest is a choice, and although I do not agree with Mike's view, it is a religious freedom protected by the 1st Amendment. Therefore, there are Amendments that make it illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, but the freedom to view God (or lack of God) is protected, just as it protects one to be a Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist or Christian. Just as I do not discriminate against any people of different religious beliefs, I follow the rule of the Constitutiion in regard to racial equality and believe it is right. That is the difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AWESOME! This black minister has made a campaig... 11 hr insiderpaul 1
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... 17 hr linthead louie 1
Review: Oxbridge Law Firm The (Sep '13) Wed james appiah 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Wed LaLa2020 130
looking for smurfs Wed inNeedThisWeekOnly 5
I Love Black Women (May '11) Wed chalk boy 238
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Wed Whinn 12
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating