|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama got emotional over new town ct. Moving on
But, I don't recall Boner getting emotional over that. Isn't that strange? Something so tragic you could really cry over, he doesn't! He crys over the rich having to pay more taxes. What an odd ball!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The welfare of the people?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them" - Thomas Jefferson.
Waste! That is what the Sandy Relief Bill is. If it were restricted to truly help those in need then fine but that is not the case. Politicians from both sides with their damn hands out.
As for the relief bills in the past they were a waste also. Enough is enough.
Totally agree TEW. All they needed to do in Congress before sending the bill to the senate was to say "We're here to decide based off estimates from the government for government purchased flood insurance, the subway system, clean up crews, DOT, and all the other agencies involved how much money is needed and take a vote, so we can start cutting checks for these people." Instead, as in the past, both side saw this hurricane as an opportunity to get what they "wanted" not "needed" rammed thru with this vote. IMO, the bill or package should have only had language regarding hurricane Sandy and nothing else and these people could have already been on their way to rebuilding their homes and businesses.

When will the people of this country wake up and see the elected officials in Washington aren't up there to work off the barter system? It's not "if you give me this then I'll give you that". Our country is being run little more than a flea market or swap meet and it has to stop.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am proud of myself Arnold. No pun intended but unlike you, I know when someone's trying sell me a pig in a poke. Maybe one day you'll take off the blinders and figure out that everything that goes on in Washington is not for the good of the people but for those making the decisions.
Please stop the drama with the "suffering, especially the children". Thousands of children suffer daily and I don't see you on the bandwagon about that or our political leaders in Washington turning a blind eye. You've bought right into their mantra that entitlements will make everything just alright and it's out of sight out of mind for them as long as we keep the gravy train running. Pretty soon all of you will be suffering because this country's scraping the bottom of the pan for the gravy. We're to a place where the government can't even tax its' citizens enough to get out of the debt we're in and people like you don't even question why there's no gravy in the pot. If you can't see, you gotta feel.
Money trumps the needs of people. You should be proud. Welcome to the Silver club.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Money trumps the needs of people. You should be proud. Welcome to the Silver club.
Arnold, your fellow posters on here need to welcome you to the Sheep Club. Just like dumb sheep that don't know anything better than to follow their leader, be taken care of by their leader and then be led to the slaughter. Be proud that you're being led around like a dumb farm animal that is literally and figuratively spesking being killed with kindness. Baaaaaa, baaaaa, baaaaaa...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

oops..speaking

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
But, I don't recall Boner getting emotional over that. Isn't that strange? Something so tragic you could really cry over, he doesn't! He crys over the rich having to pay more taxes. What an odd ball!
I don't recall anyone ASKING him about CT. How do you know he didn't get "emotional"? Let's see the media would have covered the President or Speaker? President or Speaker? Who do you think won that one? Come on AZ, this was a lame comment at best.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO MONEY! The "people" need a budget. Then maybe when the next "Superstorm" (I'm with waco on that), hits "the people" won't worry about disaster relief. Oh wait, the gov. is gonna have to help Ill. with their public pensions. 92 BILLION dollars. Half to wait on that relief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

"Have" sorry

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree TEW. All they needed to do in Congress before sending the bill to the senate was to say "We're here to decide based off estimates from the government for government purchased flood insurance, the subway system, clean up crews, DOT, and all the other agencies involved how much money is needed and take a vote, so we can start cutting checks for these people." Instead, as in the past, both side saw this hurricane as an opportunity to get what they "wanted" not "needed" rammed thru with this vote. IMO, the bill or package should have only had language regarding hurricane Sandy and nothing else and these people could have already been on their way to rebuilding their homes and businesses.

When will the people of this country wake up and see the elected officials in Washington aren't up there to work off the barter system? It's not "if you give me this then I'll give you that". Our country is being run little more than a flea market or swap meet and it has to stop.
Couldn't agree more.

I saw a New Jersey man on the news the other night that was waiting on his home owners to settle and was complaining that the $18K the government had GIVEN him was gone and he needed more. He was demanding more.

Give me a break. I too remember Hugo and 17 days with no power, days with no school or work. Claimed the damages to the insurance and waited. NEVER saw a dime of any government relief money.

I am no better than anyone else however the "I am entitled" mentality of people today kills me. I owe no one anything, if I choose to help others in need it will be at my discretion.....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>Couldn't agree more.

I saw a New Jersey man on the news the other night that was waiting on his home owners to settle and was complaining that the $18K the government had GIVEN him was gone and he needed more. He was demanding more.

Give me a break. I too remember Hugo and 17 days with no power, days with no school or work. Claimed the damages to the insurance and waited. NEVER saw a dime of any government relief money.

I am no better than anyone else however the "I am entitled" mentality of people today kills me. I owe no one anything, if I choose to help others in need it will be at my discretion.....
Here here

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more.
Yep, I give to charity and it also is at my discretion. My Dad found a coffee cup and a small change jar with $14.+ in it after Ike. Concrete slab all that was left of his house. He bought his first EVER new auto, at 72 years old. Paid in full for it as well, with his insurance money.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The weeper of the house only cares about PAC checks from the wealthy in return for his support for tax breaks to the rich.
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I was heavily involved in the Hugo clean up and never saw one dime of federal money come to any people in our area. Mostly, homeowners used their homeowners insurance to pay for repairs to their homes. It was so profitable that I could hardly keep from wishing for another hurricane.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me what I would do and wouldn't. We were hit by hurricane Hugo that in addition to being a hurricane spawned small tornadoes where I live. We went over two weeks without the first sign of a power company or any kind of help. It was everyone helping themselves and then helping their neighbors. I didn't scream to holy hell, I called my insurance company which because of all the claims took a while, put a tarp over the roof that caved in from falling trees and flying debris, taped up the windows that were broken and blown out and sat with a toddler day in and day out. We were fortunate to have generators and one stayed at home and my husband took the other to work with him, so he could make money for our business that was destroyed. Eventually, some guys from the federal government did come to see our damage and were more concerned about the damn trees that had been blown down than the fact my ass was sitting in a house that was a hot mess. Cry me a river Arnold, just as you do for the Sandy victims. I didn't get squat from the government, but I'm not so empathetic that I can't feel what they're going thru, but it doesn't change my mind on helping them versus "giving" away money for "perks" that have nothing to do with their situation.
What you're displaying is called caving. It's no different than if you were to go get a $50 withdrawal from your bank and they said before we give you your money, you must help build a new concession stand at Charlotte Motor Speedway by giving us $100. Knowing you, you'd give them $100 to get your $50.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, your fellow posters on here need to welcome you to the Sheep Club. Just like dumb sheep that don't know anything better than to follow their leader, be taken care of by their leader and then be led to the slaughter. Be proud that you're being led around like a dumb farm animal that is literally and figuratively spesking being killed with kindness. Baaaaaa, baaaaa, baaaaaa...
Now, I like that. Jesus made many references about the sheep and the goats, with the sheep being his true followers. I guess that puts you on the goat team. Let's keep it like that. Silver is the leader of the goat team. That's where you fit.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
"Have" sorry
Never say you're sorry.Instead,tell 'em to go get@@@@@@!!!!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Gem of wisdom

A liberal is a conservative who has never been mugged and a conservative is a libertarian who has not been to court.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:

'Let me see if I've got this right.

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.

'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

'You want me to do all this, and then you tell me......

I CAN'T PRAY

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I like that. Jesus made many references about the sheep and the goats, with the sheep being his true followers. I guess that puts you on the goat team. Let's keep it like that. Silver is the leader of the goat team. That's where you fit.
Who's talking about Jesus? We're talking about hurricanes and people dumb as sheep. BTW, since you only read the red print in the Bible, the lamb (Jesus) also is referred to as a lion 29 times. It's known as an anomaly. He will no longer be the lamb led to slaughter, but He will be the lion that comes back to take care of business because lambs aren't known for their mean disposition or strength. I'm good with the goats, but you can call us the lions if you want and Silver can still be the leader.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:
'Let me see if I've got this right.
'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.
'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.
'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.
'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.
'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, Spanish or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.
'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.
'You want me to do all this, and then you tell me......
I CAN'T PRAY
TSF, I love it!!! You gave me my laugh of the day. I'm going to copy this and make it larger for my dad, he'll love reading it to people in church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's talking about Jesus? We're talking about hurricanes and people dumb as sheep. BTW, since you only read the red print in the Bible, the lamb (Jesus) also is referred to as a lion 29 times. It's known as an anomaly. He will no longer be the lamb led to slaughter, but He will be the lion that comes back to take care of business because lambs aren't known for their mean disposition or strength. I'm good with the goats, but you can call us the lions if you want and Silver can still be the leader.
oops, referred to as a lion 29 times in the Book of Revelation

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 9 hr Music man 1
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 12 hr Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord 13 hr Concerned Citizen 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... Tue Tony 6
Dog food and meds Tue ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Tue Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Mon In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000