“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31665 Jan 4, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>The state of New Jersey would be liable for the injury of any person and it would be a factor to them of the certifications and qualifications of those working in their state. Rather ironic and hypocritical that you fight for these Alabama worker to work in the state of New Jersey when you give them no rights of security of their jobs in their own state where they could be fired anytime. The union does give this security. The typical Republican double standard.
Being unionized has absolutely nothing to do with training standards.

Location hidden

#31666 Jan 4, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>There's your problem, our forefathers founded a Republic, not a democracy. Our founding fathers, under Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution, "guarantees to every state in this union a Republican form of government".... Conversely, the word Democracy is not mentioned even once in the Constitution. Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it." It's fairly obvious we haven't.
Badda bing, whoa!!! My best tony soprano impersination.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#31667 Jan 4, 2013
Unions often standardize and enforce training requirements agreed upon in contract negotiations between their company and the union . This protects workers in high risk situations (like working on hot electrical lines, etc) as well as protecting the company by reducing accident rates and damaged equipment caused by unqualified personnel. Many years ago the electrical union steward even took care of disclipinary actions against union members who the company claimed had screwed up. This system worked well for the company, workers and the union. Repetitions of screw ups were very rare.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Being unionized has absolutely nothing to do with training standards.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31668 Jan 4, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Badda bing, whoa!!! My best tony soprano impersination.
fuhgedda bout it!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31669 Jan 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Show one quote from Obama and substitute the words and lets see if it works the way you claim.
I doubt you will be able to accept the challenge.
Conservatives think Obama condemns capitalism, but he does not. It is a lie the right wing propagandists have propogated. You are just so guillible, you believe it with blind faith.
I claimed his views/ideology, not quotes. One example from Obama/Liberals......Obamacare.

Location hidden

#31670 Jan 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Unions often standardize and enforce training requirements agreed upon in contract negotiations between their company and the union . This protects workers in high risk situations (like working on hot electrical lines, etc) as well as protecting the company by reducing accident rates and damaged equipment caused by unqualified personnel. Many years ago the electrical union steward even took care of disclipinary actions against union members who the company claimed had screwed up. This system worked well for the company, workers and the union. Repetitions of screw ups were very rare.
Provide us all a copy of binding arbitration or collective bargaining where all you alledged is in the contract. Till then, being a unionized workforce has zero to do with training requirements for a job.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31671 Jan 4, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide us all a copy of binding arbitration or collective bargaining where all you alledged is in the contract. Till then, being a unionized workforce has zero to do with training requirements for a job.
being unionized has everything to do.with safe working conditions and fair pay, as the robber barons who owned the sweatshops were not noted for their humanity.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#31672 Jan 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> being unionized has everything to do.with safe working conditions and fair pay, as the robber barons who owned the sweatshops were not noted for their humanity.
But, Sweetie, I thought that's what the US Dept of Labor and OSHA were for, to enforce safe working conditions and fair pay.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31673 Jan 4, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>But, Sweetie, I thought that's what the US Dept of Labor and OSHA were for, to enforce safe working conditions and fair pay.
I knew I shouldn't have let you go back to North Carolina!! ;)
TSF

Kenly, NC

#31674 Jan 4, 2013
You are just brainwashed against worker unions by the likes of Braweeehill and the furniture manufacturer's union (association). You have not a clue about how unions really operate and the services they provide to workers and their employers. You probably now believe that Mormon is not a cult just because Twitt opposed raising capital gains taxes. You believe everything the republikan talking heads like Rush Oxycodone Limbaugh tells you.
Remember old Rush railing against drugs and druggies and then he gets busted for drugs?
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#31676 Jan 4, 2013
"Anyone" sorry

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31677 Jan 4, 2013
emlu wrote:
"Anyone" sorry
In most cases,a person has to decide for themselves that they want to"quit"...forcing people into"rehab"is a sure recipe for failure, and expensive failure at that."Rehab"ain't cheap...sweetie!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31678 Jan 4, 2013
Things aren't the same around here by the way, emlu.Not at all!

Location hidden

#31679 Jan 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>You are just brainwashed against worker unions by the likes of Braweeehill and the furniture manufacturer's union (association). You have not a clue about how unions really operate and the services they provide to workers and their employers. You probably now believe that Mormon is not a cult just because Twitt opposed raising capital gains taxes. You believe everything the republikan talking heads like Rush Oxycodone Limbaugh tells you.
Remember old Rush railing against drugs and druggies and then he gets busted for drugs?
Oh yeah? Former member and e board member of IAFF Local 548. Your qualifications are what again?

Location hidden

#31680 Jan 4, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>You are just brainwashed against worker unions by the likes of Braweeehill and the furniture manufacturer's union (association). You have not a clue about how unions really operate and the services they provide to workers and their employers. You probably now believe that Mormon is not a cult just because Twitt opposed raising capital gains taxes. You believe everything the republikan talking heads like Rush Oxycodone Limbaugh tells you.
And it is painfully obvious you regurgitate all msnbc and Rachel Madcow talking points. So again, your union qualifications are what again?

Location hidden

#31681 Jan 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>being unionized has everything to do.with safe working conditions and fair pay, as the robber barons who owned the sweatshops were not noted for their humanity.
And I agree. Zero to do with training requirements.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31682 Jan 4, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah? Former member and e board member of IAFF Local 548. Your qualifications are what again?
American POSTAL WORKERS UNION, twenty years...by the way FOLKS.......sales of the Chevy Volt......TRIPLED in 2012......haaaa!! You naysayers ready to apologize??

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31683 Jan 4, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And I agree. Zero to do with training requirements.
Yep.

Location hidden

#31684 Jan 4, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> In most cases,a person has to decide for themselves that they want to"quit"...forcing people into"rehab"is a sure recipe for failure, and expensive failure at that."Rehab"ain't cheap...sweetie!
I thought the same thing. Things will get better as soon as the details are worked out, it won't be long.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31685 Jan 4, 2013
I just heard...that...they say they are going to mint a ....TRILLION DOLLAR COIN...to solve the debt crisis???? Did somebody put acid in my cornflakes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bggb 2 hr guest 6
First Michelle, now Scott 23 hr McHenry 3
Papa Sammy's Pizza Tue justasmalltowngirl 6
Competative Soccer Leagues in Gaston County Mon Soccer Parent 1
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) Mon UTB 56
The Raider Dynasty is OVER! Sun Jaguar Jacquard 19
Senator Kay Hagan Sun Wabash Tsunami 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs