Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,524)

Showing posts 30,461 - 30,480 of55,679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very different. No capitalists have been mass murdered in America have they? You are reaching for sh*t to make your point based on your intense hatred for Obama.
The murder of actual people, no. The murder of hundreds of thousands of jobs, if not millions, through higher taxes, regulations, the inability to compete against the govt on an unlevel paying field, etc..., you betcha!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did any of those states on your 'self reliant' list receive any FEMA assistance?
I'm sure they did, my point is they didn't sit around and whine about how long it took the assistance to arrive like in NJ & NO. They took care of themselves and when the money came in, it came in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course reported only by right wing conservative pundits and Fox News that the Alabama Power Companies deny.
To be technical, they weren't turned around. They were told they could work as long as they agreed to temporarily join the union in order to work in NJ.

http://www.politickernj.com/60797/alabama-pow...

This requirement meant that the AL power crews would have to contribute union dues, pension fees, etc...while working in NJ, a requirement that they decided against.
And you wonder why these people in NJ are still waiting on assistance!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my man, listen to her. Hopefully she will be smart enough for both of you. Mine is for me. Glad she tolerates me..hahahaha
Silver, I hope everything works out great for you, your wife, and friends moving with you. Actually our best friends are going with us and we have no idea how long we'll stay, we just know we're going. Paperwork and phone calls is big job and nothing gets done in a hurry. I spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday trying to coordinate a short visit for us in the next couple months. Waiting for the last check that was supposedly mailed out on 12/31 to get here and we're all liquidated. Living out of boxes right now is driving me insane, but hey it's worth it.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I would say yes, probably higher than before the storm but that goes back on those who live beyond their means. If you can't afford it, you shouldn't live there.
Here here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>Silver, I hope everything works out great for you, your wife, and friends moving with you. Actually our best friends are going with us and we have no idea how long we'll stay, we just know we're going. Paperwork and phone calls is big job and nothing gets done in a hurry. I spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday trying to coordinate a short visit for us in the next couple months. Waiting for the last check that was supposedly mailed out on 12/31 to get here and we're all liquidated. Living out of boxes right now is driving me insane, but hey it's worth it.
Funny you say boxes. Ours are coming on Monday.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>To be technical, they weren't turned around. They were told they could work as long as they agreed to temporarily join the union in order to work in NJ.

This requirement meant that the AL power crews would have to contribute union dues, pension fees, etc...while working in NJ, a requirement that they decided against.
Well I stand corrected. I will say governor Christie is the highest ranking decision making authority in the times of crisis for the state of New Jersey and he had every ability to suspend collective bargaining rules in states of emergencies. He failed to do so and the free help was turned around or away. Better yet, do you have to be hit by the bullet to know you are being shot at? Do you have to feel the rain drops to know it is raining? They do have LEPC's or local emergency planning committees for all hazards for a reason.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Of course reported only by right wing conservative pundits and Fox News that the Alabama Power Companies deny.
As a former or current local government leader AZ, suprised this is your posture. Wait no I am not. You're a democrat. Social issues are always ahead of all other necessities with you guys. You might want to review the national response plan and the national incident management system. Both are "planning" concepts taken from who back on the day?

The fire departments planning for all hazard responses.

Have a good day hommie.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did any of those states on your 'self reliant' list receive any FEMA assistance?
Yeah, we got FEMA assistance....eventually.....w here the state couldn't help, people helped each other, using their own tools and vehicles to move trees blocking roads, for weeks there was no food from FEMA or any other agency, but the churches stepped in with water and food in the interim, power companies from Utah pitched in to get electricity going....we didn't send them away or ask them to jump through hoops...
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

If all the pork had been cut from the bill, no representative , democrat or republican would have voted for it because lobbyist would not have kicked back any money to them. They are all money whores who care little or nothing about our country. Time for the French solution.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sure if all of the pork were cut from the bill it would've passed already. I see that as being responsible, don't you?
I also find it ironic that the most liberal areas of every state that suffers a disaster are the ones who cry for federal assistance, NY, NJ, NO,(those who rely on govt), but conservative areas like Tex, Ok, Ka, Mo, take care of themselves,(those who are self reliant).

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my man, listen to her. Hopefully she will be smart enough for both of you. Mine is for me. Glad she tolerates me..hahahaha
I'm pretty bright, just don't have any common sense.She is far more intelligent, with a huge amount of common sense as well.I'm just smart enough to shut the hell up about politics, as she is more conservative than I am!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
If all the pork had been cut from the bill, no representative , democrat or republican would have voted for it because lobbyist would not have kicked back any money to them. They are all money whores who care little or nothing about our country. Time for the French solution.
<quoted text>
I hope you're not talking about killing everybody again!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Back in NC.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I stand corrected. I will say governor Christie is the highest ranking decision making authority in the times of crisis for the state of New Jersey and he had every ability to suspend collective bargaining rules in states of emergencies. He failed to do so and the free help was turned around or away. Better yet, do you have to be hit by the bullet to know you are being shot at? Do you have to feel the rain drops to know it is raining? They do have LEPC's or local emergency planning committees for all hazards for a reason.
Exactly!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Paradise returns to North Carolina...for awhile...

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

This is song dedication day....To AZ...."LAY DOWN"by Melanie....To Silvercoast,"I Walk the Line", by Johnny Cash....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>To be technical, they weren't turned around. They were told they could work as long as they agreed to temporarily join the union in order to work in NJ.
".....at no time were our crews turned away from the ulitities in Seaside Heights". Alabama Power. Kind of says it all. Fox News (as usual) takes a little information first reported on an Alabama TV station and spins it to the right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
This is song dedication day....To AZ...."LAY DOWN"by Melanie....To Silvercoast,"I Walk the Line", by Johnny Cash....
Thanks...I like that song...Lay down Candles in the Rain

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks...I like that song...Lay down Candles in the Rain
She has a great voice..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
".....at no time were our crews turned away from the ulitities in Seaside Heights". Alabama Power. Kind of says it all. Fox News (as usual) takes a little information first reported on an Alabama TV station and spins it to the right.
I see you're cherry picking the statement in order to suit your needs. You failed to mention...
"...... crews were held in place pending clarification of documents received from IBEW that implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the New York and New Jersey areas. It was and remains our understanding that agreeing to those requirements was a condition of being allowed to work in those areas...... based on the uncertainty of union requirements that we could not agree to and the uncertainty of whether a resolution could be reached...."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,461 - 30,480 of55,679
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 14 hr Mickey 225
Belmont poised to extend bike trails at Rocky B... 19 hr JLo 2
Dog food and meds Tue bulldog 2
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Tue Timmy_ 4,826
Pastor accused of abuse (Mar '12) Tue Concerned 8
Welcome To The End Of The World Tue WebPreach 1
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Mon north 1
•••
•••