Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31467 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I was just returning briefly to the 19th Century for a minute using the polite term for the N word. Unfortunately, Gail has not reached this point of politeness yet. "Redbone"...that's a new one for me. I like that. Wait until I tell the other brothers.
I take note a lot of black persons use the word "negro" in a polite manner. I do not think a non black person should use the word, but it seems to be an unspoken understanding in the black community that the word is not derogitory when used amongst fellow black persons.
I do not like when black people use the other N word though, as it is just to harsh for my tastes.
I really feel like that word needs to be tucked away.
Can you tell us your perspective?
Allen

Penrose, NC

#31468 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little confused about one Adam and Eve. Where did all the many other races come from? How did Cain go to a foreign land and take a wife? Just confusing. Can you answer?
A foreign land in those days may have been just a few miles down the road;) Depending on whether you believe the Garden of Eden was in Africa or the Middle East the first people were black or at least olive complected, as I believe Jesus was. So where would one think that white people came from. Maybe a group of people who just adapted to living in the dark (caves) for a long period of time, until they began to display traits of albinos?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31469 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?
If gay marriage were not up for a vote, your personal ideas about it would not really matter so much. But our society put it up for a vote, and you failed to chose freedom for others to make thier own marriage choices. You would not give them that freedom to chose.
No one is demanding you like homosexual marriage or endorse homosexuals to marry. But in a more free society, groups should not be resricted to make a choice of their own marriage.

Is gay marriage going to hurt you? Is it going to hurt anyone you know?

I think you have no empathy in this situation. I think your refusal to vote for equal rights was extremely selfish.

As you know, I really do not like religion, but I would never vote to keep your rights from being free to chose and practice the religion of your choice. I would go out of my way to ensure you keep that right and freedom, despite my personal views of your superstition.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31470 Jan 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I take note a lot of black persons use the word "negro" in a polite manner. I do not think a non black person should use the word, but it seems to be an unspoken understanding in the black community that the word is not derogitory when used amongst fellow black persons.
I do not like when black people use the other N word though, as it is just to harsh for my tastes.
I really feel like that word needs to be tucked away.
Can you tell us your perspective?
Suggest, you not see"Django Unchained"....might be too much for you....although Samuel L.Jackson's performance alone...is worth the price of admission....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31471 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?
Again, you are just wanting to resrict freedoms of others to chose.
I am not demanding you do this, but you demanded they not be allowed to chose. I am requesting. There is a massive difference. A difference you seem unable to comprehend.

I really dislike religion, but I would go out of my way to allow you to chose religion.

You see, I do not allow my personal feelings of this situation keep you from making a chose. You are chosing to keep others from making a choice by law.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31472 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I've read where gay marriage will be heard before the SCOTUS. If the SCOTUS decides all amendments are overturned in every state, hey that's on them not me, still won't change my personal belief. I'm not going to riot in the street, or set my hair on fire and run around the frontyard naked because of a decision I don't agree with. It will be what it will be and though I would disagree, if it's the law, it's the law. Doesn't make me a bad person to disagree with same sex marriage, it's how I believe whether the SCOTUS changes the law or not.
What makes you a bad person (IMO) is your lack of action to ensure freedom.
You are only conserned with yourself in this situation. You fail to help others insure equality.

Interracial marriage was not allowed due to the likes of you. You had no concern for their freedoms. You are just selfish beyond belief. You do not care peoples entire lives are affected due to your personal religious beliefs.

Again, this is a perfect example of why I speak out against religion.
But I am sure you will ask me again, as you have done several times, why I speak out against religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31473 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs?
You did not lose that freedom. I served to protect that freedom.
Unlike you, I am for freedom, you are against it in this case.
I am against the idea of religion, but to make law to ban it is the dumbest, most selfish thing one can do.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31474 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Legislating from the bench is weak sauce.
You mean, keeping citizens from withholding freedoms is a bad thing?
The court will simply make a ruling that defines what the constitution mandates. I know you hate that.
It is not making law, it is striking down or allowing laws.
This is the same system that ensures you keep your right to bear arms. Piss on it if you will.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31475 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal playing field? They had every opportunity to not engage in the homosexual deviancy. But they chose poorly. So they should suffer for making a bad decision. What you are seeking is that Utopia you keep telling us that does not exsist.
And you call yourself a conservative?
Their decisions are of their own. It does not affect you. It is not going to hurt you. They are wishing to have the equal privleges as you. To marry the adult of their chosing.
No one is demanding you like their decisions. We just wish your honor their right to chose period.
You are either for freedom, or you are against it. And in this case, you and the republicans are against it.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#31476 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Allen, I spoke out against interracial marriage and there was only one Adam and Eve. With that being said, have you ever heard of people of middle eastern descent? Have you heard of Native American Indians? Have you heard of people of slavic descent, asian descent? Do you think all these people would like to forget their heritage? Would you not agree this would take away from the diversity of all peoples and their heritage if everyone were brown? What's wrong with saying everyone should look asian? Why does everyone have to look brown? Is brown now the color of diversity? As you said red, yellow, black and white You're confusing diversity with my stand on marriage. You're a woman and so am I, but in the work place many times they strive for diversity through equality of hiring practices of different sexes. Diversity is not always about race. IMO, it would be boring for everyone to look alike and I don't care what color or descent they are.
Being that you believe in only one Adam and Eve, then I take it that you also believe that we ALL are branch kin no matter what color we are?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31477 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, come on girl...
Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.
So you and Bacon are intolerant of homosexuals being allowed to marry.
We are intolerant of you guys being intolerant.
If being intolerant of people who oppose freedom, then call me intolerant. But in general, that is not how people usually use the term.
How ironic you are spinning so much as to use the word like this.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31478 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.
Brilliant.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31479 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... Silver can move, but like voting, if you have no vested interest in the country by remaining here, then I feel that your criticism of it has no purpose, as the one's staying here do have a vested interest. Actually the move may be good for Silver as he has probably been isolated here (by his own choice) of other cultures. In Singapore, he will be forced to experience a people of another culture and that may do him some real good in regard to his hatred for other races. I hope it is a positive learning experience. I also wish you and your husband a good experience, as that is something that you wish to do in your lives.
As far as 'Redbone' is concerned, I have no earthly idea. I just find it intriquing that another ignorant label is used for blacks. I guess the lexicon for names is endless. Maybe she just made it one up. To get an answer, you would have to ask her, but the risk is that if you do, she will start using your name to write bogus posts. Happy New Year to you and your family.
I wonder if Silver will stay on "his" side of the sidewalk over there?

I love how Bacon says she is fine with living there, when she has never even lived there. I suppose she has full trust in her imagination.
From my observations with her and most conservatives, they have a poor time putting themselves in other peoples shoes. So I doubt they are really good at imagining what it is like to be a minority.

I think they think the grass will be greener on the other side. But I know from experience, living in another country is not all it is cracked up to be.
Things are not perfect here, but they certainly are not perfect over there either.

I think they are moving to live in retirement on the cheep. They made their money in America, now they will spend it overseas.

As you likely know, I am fine with them leaving. The more republicans who leave, the less chance republicans will be in office.

Bacon often mistakes someone talking about the issue as if they care they are leaving.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31480 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Taxpayer is playing the waiting game, hoping that if enough time passes he will not have to answer the question about how my political philosophy is taken directly from the Communist manifesto. I see he is directly avoiding it and buying some time. This has been his pattern in the past. How about it, Taxpayer?
I hope you did not hold your breath.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31481 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Minding my own business and walking on my side of the street shouldn't be any problem there. From what my friend tells me my biggest hurdle is I am an American. But looking forward to it.
Yes, you will see the hurdles of being a minority.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31482 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it meant Native American Indian since they were referred to as the "red man". Go figure. You and Arnold have probably heard this term "high yellow". The first time when I worked for the government and I heard this term, I thought it meant the person had jaundice. Go figure again. This has nothing to do with race, but one day I had to go ask the most conservative attorney, who I actually asked him if he had ever sinned he was so straight, "what a crime against nature meant." Go figure how uncomfortable that conversation and explanation was. I thought it mean people having sex with animals. Turns out, that wasn't correct. Go figure big time. Everybody asked why of all people I asked him and I said it was his brief I was working on, so I thought he should be the one to ask.
I bet you were supprised to find out you broke a law that intolerant people called a crime of nature.
I assume this because most everyone does not restrict themselves to the missionary position. That is the only way I could describe that without getting graphic.

What two peoples choices are that hurts no one should not be made illegal.
Talk about draconian.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31483 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The guns would have to be collected by force. Poor example.
So take out the collecting part. Seems you are avoiding the question as always.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31484 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Undermine Americans rights and freedoms.
So the court ruling that not allowing homosexuals to marry is undermining who's freedom and rights?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31485 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is looked down on and you can not hold a "sensitive" government job if you are gay. Illegal for gays to marry in that country as well.
Just what I would expect from a country that has less freedoms than America.
I am just sad that it America is still lagging in this freedom department.
I see the country is rated as "partly free".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31486 Jan 1, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No. States would.
States will likely not, nor would the US congress, but this is a hypothetical silly. Just answer the damn question chicken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Videos of drivers in Belmont uploaded to YouTube (Jun '14) 1 hr mw77698on youtube 100
News More 2 hr Grammar Reichsheer 3
News FBI operation underway at Belmont tattoo parlor 5 hr Jimmy Jam 4
Poll Why are yankees so rude? (Dec '11) Aug 1 Peacemaker 116
So when is the ground breaking on the Harris Te... (Sep '14) Aug 1 Tracy Jay 17
Best Plastic Surgeon In Charlotte? Jul 30 mooksmom 3
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Jul 29 Zinjanthopus 4,850
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages