Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#31452 Jan 1, 2013
Hawkeye wrote:
<quoted text>Another tall Texas tale. What's your mother's street address? I'll pay you a visit. Oh, you don't know, I thought so.:)
That goes both ways, sweetie...what's your address? Shy? Come on....

“Vote”

Houston

#31453 Jan 1, 2013
Come on"hawk"..post your address on Topix for everybody...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31454 Jan 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, one race would be better. A brown race, not an all white race like the one Hitler wanted. Diversity, I beg your pardon. Was it not you that personally spoke out about interacial marriage and was it not Silver the racist, who believes in segragation and walking on HIS side of the street? "branch kin" Do you not believe that we all came from one? Or was there more than one set of Adam and Eves, red, yellow, black and white, etc. My post was more about the mixing of he races until there is only one race. Inbreeding is when one procreates with an immediate or close family member, therefore giving the definition of "branch kin"
Yes Allen, I spoke out against interracial marriage and there was only one Adam and Eve. With that being said, have you ever heard of people of middle eastern descent? Have you heard of Native American Indians? Have you heard of people of slavic descent, asian descent? Do you think all these people would like to forget their heritage? Would you not agree this would take away from the diversity of all peoples and their heritage if everyone were brown? What's wrong with saying everyone should look asian? Why does everyone have to look brown? Is brown now the color of diversity? As you said red, yellow, black and white You're confusing diversity with my stand on marriage. You're a woman and so am I, but in the work place many times they strive for diversity through equality of hiring practices of different sexes. Diversity is not always about race. IMO, it would be boring for everyone to look alike and I don't care what color or descent they are.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31456 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, I think the same thing could be said about you. You are for choice in marriage as long as it with who you approve of. If you're speaking of freedom, true freedom, even though you don't agree with my choice then you would uphold my freedom as well as those that are "your choice." If you want equality, practice what you preach.
And just whom do I say should not be allowed to marry?

So you think I should give you respect for freedom to restrict freedom?

Location hidden

#31457 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Allen, I spoke out against interracial marriage and there was only one Adam and Eve. With that being said, have you ever heard of people of middle eastern descent? Have you heard of Native American Indians? Have you heard of people of slavic descent, asian descent? Do you think all these people would like to forget their heritage? Would you not agree this would take away from the diversity of all peoples and their heritage if everyone were brown? What's wrong with saying everyone should look asian? Why does everyone have to look brown? Is brown now the color of diversity? As you said red, yellow, black and white You're confusing diversity with my stand on marriage. You're a woman and so am I, but in the work place many times they strive for diversity through equality of hiring practices of different sexes. Diversity is not always about race. IMO, it would be boring for everyone to look alike and I don't care what color or descent they are.
Don't worry about it, Bacon. Soon everybody will look like me, think like me and be like me. Even Gail's off spring! Hallalua!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#31458 Jan 1, 2013
All humans pretty much share the same genetics. Differences in physical appearance are due to natural selection. In a hot environment, dark skin is an advantage because it radiates heat faster and improves longetivity and reproductive chances by lowering heat stress with resultant health improvements. Over time, nature selects those individuals with dark skin in a hot environment,
In a cold environment, dark skin loses heat faster and reslults in cold stress with resultant poor health. Over time, a cold climate selects lighter skin individuals for survival and reproduction.
Low intelligence, inbreeding and anti education perspectives are transient self perpetuating physical characteristics most often seen in republikans. Nature will eventually eliminate that problem.

Location hidden

#31459 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little confused about one Adam and Eve. Where did all the many other races come from? How did Cain go to a foreign land and take a wife? Just confusing. Can you answer?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31460 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Arnold, is it just me, but are not your choices made off your beliefs? If I believe something, I support it. I consider that a true measure of my freedom and yours'.
So if I chose to vote against protestants being married, you would respect that freedom?
As of now, you had a choice to vote for gay marriage or not. You chose not to vote to give homosexuals the right to marry. You have that freedom to chose, but I certainly do not have to respect your choice. I condemn it, and will continue to do so for a long time to come.
I will point out your blind faith reasoning and condemn your religion for making commandments that lead you to believe homosexuals should be banned from having equal rights to chose to marry the adult of their choice.

Christianity is losing members on a regular basis due to such barbaric ideals. I am glad your superstition is losing members, but not at this price.

Location hidden

#31462 Jan 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just whom do I say should not be allowed to marry?
So you think I should give you respect for freedom to restrict freedom?
Read the post. Nowhere did I say you said no one should not be allowed to married. If you're going to respect everyone's freedom, then respect my freedom even if it disagrees with your freedom. If not, then don't go yapping about everyone's freedom should be respected when you can't respect the freedom of those that disagree with you.

Location hidden

#31463 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little confused about one Adam and Eve. Where did all the many other races come from? How did Cain go to a foreign land and take a wife? Just confusing. Can you answer?
Arnold, I take the Bible as it word when it says Adam and Eve were the first humans created. Considering that Cain and Abel were their first sons and that would make them the first children on earth. I don't know how Cain went to a foreign land and took a wife. Maybe he had to wait for some more inbreeding and sisters came along, grew up, moved to other "lands" and they married. Confusing to me too.

Are you speaking of Cain or Ishmael? We've got a little more to work with as far as history is concerned with him. We know his mother was Egyptian, so there had to be other countries then and we know Abraham was getting pretty old, so there had to be time for Adam and Eve's children to have done a good bit of inbreeding and move on to other start other countries.

Can you answer?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31464 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we are talking about personal choices. I think the question is the freedom and equality of all people on a level playing field in our society. I could say that I believe that all white people should pay back slavery to blacks by placing all white people into bondage, but even though this would be my view, this belief would not promote freedom and equality for white people. Just as if I would believe that homosexuals should not marry, that may be my personal belief, but it does not promote freedom, equlity and a level playing field for all homosexuals. To exclude anyone from any of the freedoms that are given to all others is discrimination against that group. Do you understand my statement now?
Arnold, if all people in America understood and honored the freedoms of equality and things like this, you would not likely hear me calling out any religions. But the hard reality is, all to many people in America put the bible before freedom and equality. Seeing as how the bible can be interpreted in a large veriety of ways, this means all sorts of strange beliefs come of it, that lead people to restrict freedoms like equality.

I see no logic in a god wishing for society to restrict homosexual marriage. If the god really thinks it is an abomination, he can sort that out in the afterworld, if their is one.
But I also think it is not logical for a god to create homosexual persuasion if it is such an abomination. I do not see homosexuality as a choice no more than I see my heterosexuality as a choice.
Now if a heterosexual engaged in homosexual acts, that is something I would consider perverse, but no less, I would not keep the act from being a freedom one can chose in our country, as I see it hurting no one who is not voluntarily engaged in the act.

Personally, I think homosexual behavior is gross, but that is normal of a heterosexual to feel. But I do not wish to outlaw someone elses happiness if it harms no one else. Gay marriage harms no one.

Banning freedom of choice seems to be the opposite of what conservatism is supposed to be.

A serious libertarian conservative is against marriage being sanctioned and controlled by government at all. But if marriage is being sanctioned and controlled by goverment, it should be allowed equally for all.

I had fun watching Glen Beck get schooled on this by Penn Jillette. You see, Glen thinks for some reason he is a libertarian, but he is clearly just a republican.
&li st=LLKZlFk7cBXpEF0GroIxCqvg

Many of the religious would likely condemn you for putting equality before some religious texts.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31465 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the post. Nowhere did I say you said no one should not be allowed to married. If you're going to respect everyone's freedom, then respect my freedom even if it disagrees with your freedom. If not, then don't go yapping about everyone's freedom should be respected when you can't respect the freedom of those that disagree with you.
First, you failed to vote for the freedom of homosexuals to marry, so do not give me some bullshit about allowing equality. You sat on your ass and did not offer the equality being asked for.

Again, you are asking me to respect you keeping freedom from others.

I get that some dude in ancient times lied and claimed god said homosexuality is an abomination and you believe god really said such a thing just because this guys words made it into a book about god.
I get you feel the same about interracial marriage for the same reason.
What I do not get is, your lack of respect for America being a country dedicated to freedom of choice over dictatorial rules of superstitions.

You put your superstition before the freedom of others. As long as you and so many of the religious do this, I will be on a constant mission to point out the flaws of blind faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31466 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I take the Bible as it word when it says Adam and Eve were the first humans created. Considering that Cain and Abel were their first sons and that would make them the first children on earth. I don't know how Cain went to a foreign land and took a wife. Maybe he had to wait for some more inbreeding and sisters came along, grew up, moved to other "lands" and they married. Confusing to me too.
Are you speaking of Cain or Ishmael? We've got a little more to work with as far as history is concerned with him. We know his mother was Egyptian, so there had to be other countries then and we know Abraham was getting pretty old, so there had to be time for Adam and Eve's children to have done a good bit of inbreeding and move on to other start other countries.
Can you answer?
Of course it confuses you, as it should. But I can see you will not question the claim just because it is a claim of contradictions.
Reason and logic are no place for blind faith.

This is clearly a story that was passed down through the generations of people, and it was not questioned. So why question it now?
It defies the known scientific evidence.Woman was not made with a rib of a man.
Anyone who tells their kids this is just confusing him to science. I recall it confusing the hell out of me as a kid. Kids quickly see the story does not add up. But they wind up accepting it because of the authorities like parents that insist it is true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31467 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I was just returning briefly to the 19th Century for a minute using the polite term for the N word. Unfortunately, Gail has not reached this point of politeness yet. "Redbone"...that's a new one for me. I like that. Wait until I tell the other brothers.
I take note a lot of black persons use the word "negro" in a polite manner. I do not think a non black person should use the word, but it seems to be an unspoken understanding in the black community that the word is not derogitory when used amongst fellow black persons.
I do not like when black people use the other N word though, as it is just to harsh for my tastes.
I really feel like that word needs to be tucked away.
Can you tell us your perspective?
Allen

Robbins, NC

#31468 Jan 1, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
A foreign land in those days may have been just a few miles down the road;) Depending on whether you believe the Garden of Eden was in Africa or the Middle East the first people were black or at least olive complected, as I believe Jesus was. So where would one think that white people came from. Maybe a group of people who just adapted to living in the dark (caves) for a long period of time, until they began to display traits of albinos?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31469 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?
If gay marriage were not up for a vote, your personal ideas about it would not really matter so much. But our society put it up for a vote, and you failed to chose freedom for others to make thier own marriage choices. You would not give them that freedom to chose.
No one is demanding you like homosexual marriage or endorse homosexuals to marry. But in a more free society, groups should not be resricted to make a choice of their own marriage.

Is gay marriage going to hurt you? Is it going to hurt anyone you know?

I think you have no empathy in this situation. I think your refusal to vote for equal rights was extremely selfish.

As you know, I really do not like religion, but I would never vote to keep your rights from being free to chose and practice the religion of your choice. I would go out of my way to ensure you keep that right and freedom, despite my personal views of your superstition.

“Vote”

Houston

#31470 Jan 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I take note a lot of black persons use the word "negro" in a polite manner. I do not think a non black person should use the word, but it seems to be an unspoken understanding in the black community that the word is not derogitory when used amongst fellow black persons.
I do not like when black people use the other N word though, as it is just to harsh for my tastes.
I really feel like that word needs to be tucked away.
Can you tell us your perspective?
Suggest, you not see"Django Unchained"....might be too much for you....although Samuel L.Jackson's performance alone...is worth the price of admission....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31471 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?
Again, you are just wanting to resrict freedoms of others to chose.
I am not demanding you do this, but you demanded they not be allowed to chose. I am requesting. There is a massive difference. A difference you seem unable to comprehend.

I really dislike religion, but I would go out of my way to allow you to chose religion.

You see, I do not allow my personal feelings of this situation keep you from making a chose. You are chosing to keep others from making a choice by law.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31472 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I've read where gay marriage will be heard before the SCOTUS. If the SCOTUS decides all amendments are overturned in every state, hey that's on them not me, still won't change my personal belief. I'm not going to riot in the street, or set my hair on fire and run around the frontyard naked because of a decision I don't agree with. It will be what it will be and though I would disagree, if it's the law, it's the law. Doesn't make me a bad person to disagree with same sex marriage, it's how I believe whether the SCOTUS changes the law or not.
What makes you a bad person (IMO) is your lack of action to ensure freedom.
You are only conserned with yourself in this situation. You fail to help others insure equality.

Interracial marriage was not allowed due to the likes of you. You had no concern for their freedoms. You are just selfish beyond belief. You do not care peoples entire lives are affected due to your personal religious beliefs.

Again, this is a perfect example of why I speak out against religion.
But I am sure you will ask me again, as you have done several times, why I speak out against religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31473 Jan 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs?
You did not lose that freedom. I served to protect that freedom.
Unlike you, I am for freedom, you are against it in this case.
I am against the idea of religion, but to make law to ban it is the dumbest, most selfish thing one can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Rick Hendrick Ever Really Have Leukemia? (May '09) 19 hr Kmo87_nemco 82
guitar center sucks Fri Psalm 69 5
Balfour beatty rail Fri wtf 2
News Four arrested in uptown protests after Keith Sc... Thu ThomasA 4
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Dec 1 Fred Herbert 68
Get ready Charlotte Dec 1 Native 10
I Love Black Women (May '11) Nov 30 MarchinLootinKangz 257

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance