Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31384 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not legislation. That is for congress.
Then what is the role of the bench if not to determine the constitutionality of a law?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31385 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Minding my own business and walking on my side of the street shouldn't be any problem there. From what my friend tells me my biggest hurdle is I am an American. But looking forward to it.
Are they allowed to walk on your side of the street? Maybe they are like us in believing that you can walk anywhere you want to. My guess is that you will return within the year. You are not cut out to be multi-cultural, by your own admission.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31386 Dec 31, 2012
Bacon..."high yellow"referred to a person one quarter black...."octoroon"o ne eighth black..."mustee"refe rred to someone with a trace amount of"non white"blood.....who could pass for"white"...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31387 Dec 31, 2012
Silver, Let's take the most extreme scenario. Congress rules that all guns are to be outlawed and confiscated by the government. Should the court step in to overrule this law based on it's unconstituionality?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31388 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Then what is the role of the bench if not to determine the constitutionality of a law?
Undermine Americans rights and freedoms.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31389 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Silver, Let's take the most extreme scenario. Congress rules that all guns are to be outlawed and confiscated by the government. Should the court step in to overrule this law based on it's unconstituionality?
No. The guns would have to be collected by force. Poor example.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31390 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>Are they allowed to walk on your side of the street? Maybe they are like us in believing that you can walk anywhere you want to. My guess is that you will return within the year. You are not cut out to be multi-cultural, by your own admission.
Actually, it is looked down on and you can not hold a "sensitive" government job if you are gay. Illegal for gays to marry in that country as well.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31391 Dec 31, 2012
So, Silver, you would not want the court to intervene if Congress voted to make all guns illegal?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31392 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The guns would have to be collected by force. Poor example.
What about the sale of all guns in the future to be banned?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31393 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is looked down on and you can not hold a "sensitive" government job if you are gay. Illegal for gays to marry in that country as well.
That means then that we will have to remove Lindsay Graham from the US Senate. Do you support that?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31394 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
So, Silver, you would not want the court to intervene if Congress voted to make all guns illegal?
No. States would.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31395 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>What about the sale of all guns in the future to be banned?
Keep beating the dead horse

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31396 Dec 31, 2012
Manufacturing expansion accelerates in China.....Asian stocks rebound....more people want USA to "cancel"Chinese debt.....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31397 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>That means then that we will have to remove Lindsay Graham from the US Senate. Do you support that?
You asked about Singapore so not sure what graham has to do with anything there.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31398 Dec 31, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Manufacturing expansion accelerates in China.....Asian stocks rebound....more people want USA to "cancel"Chinese debt.....
Then quit spending money.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31399 Dec 31, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Manufacturing expansion accelerates in China.....Asian stocks rebound....more people want USA to "cancel"Chinese debt.....
Quit spending on wants like welfare and social security and only spend in needs like defense.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31400 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
No. States would.
Show me where states can over rule federal law. The constituion says that federal law rules.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31401 Dec 31, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked about Singapore so not sure what graham has to do with anything there.
Let me just say that you like the Singapore law, but Graham can serve here because he is a gay Republican. I see the double standard.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31402 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me where states can over rule federal law. The constituion says that federal law rules.
Sure, April 12, 1861. Charleston Harbor to be exact.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#31403 Dec 31, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me just say that you like the Singapore law, but Graham can serve here because he is a gay Republican. I see the double standard.
gay republican...ha. He might claim he is conservative, but his choice of lifestyle dictates otherwise and I didn't vote for him. I also said I would of tolerated Cain too.

Never going to change my mind Arnie. Segregation works. The whole desegregation and diversity crap is just to make people who were weak, feel better about not going to Vietnam. Obama knows as much about middle class as mitt does, nothing. The difference between them is that mitt knows you are responsible for yourself and your own sucess. No bones about it, Mitt was give his fortune by his father. But isn't that what parents are supposed to do? Provide for their family how they see fit?

Oh yeah, here is more of your diversity...Obama never checked white on his applications to Occidental, Columbia or Harvard Law. Why is that? To use the "system" to get where he is now. Easy to be a lion leading hungry sheep. He should try being a sheep leading hungry lions but that would require democrats to hold themselves accountable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the best little town in North Carolina? (May '08) 1 hr Timmy_ 155
Rt 74 Independence Blvd. Idlewild and Sharon Am... Sun PimpDaddy 2
bggb (Aug '14) Jul 4 PimpDaddy 168
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) Jul 4 PimpDaddy 274
News No Sign of Arson Yet in Latest Black Church Fire Jul 4 PimpDaddy 7
Xan Bars Cheap Jul 4 PimpDaddy 9
Looking for an MC. Jul 2 CorporateOutlaw 2
More from around the web

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages