|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Gail wrote:
<quoted text>How you be so smart Jeffrey? You almost as smart as I be. You be a man boy of the world with all you wisdom and intelligence. Your first grade teacher must be very proud of your first grader knowledge and your mama too. Now be a good boy and make sure you listen to your mama and stay out of trouble, eat all your vegetables and wash your your hands before you eat your supper. And don't forget to brush your teeth!
Strangely enough Gail, I've never has any cavities..I've been checking all your forums....my.....your are prolific...i'm beginning to think they are paying you....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Arnold, is it just me, but are not your choices made off your beliefs? If I believe something, I support it. I consider that a true measure of my freedom and yours'.
I don't think we are talking about personal choices. I think the question is the freedom and equality of all people on a level playing field in our society. I could say that I believe that all white people should pay back slavery to blacks by placing all white people into bondage, but even though this would be my view, this belief would not promote freedom and equality for white people. Just as if I would believe that homosexuals should not marry, that may be my personal belief, but it does not promote freedom, equlity and a level playing field for all homosexuals. To exclude anyone from any of the freedoms that are given to all others is discrimination against that group. Do you understand my statement now?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Strangely enough Gail, I've never has any cavities..I've been checking all your forums....my.....your are prolific...i'm beginning to think they are paying you....
Watch out, Waco. Don't lead her to fall in love with you, too. That's my girl.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, Waco. Don't lead her to fall in love with you, too. That's my girl.
Obviously, she no longer cares about you, as she spends most of her time and various identities on me.....you finished second, old man!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously, she no longer cares about you, as she spends most of her time and various identities on me.....you finished second, old man!
Now, you are making me cry, when otherwise, I was having such a good day. Dog gone it!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you are making me cry, when otherwise, I was having such a good day. Dog gone it!
Into each life...a little rain....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Into each life...a little rain....
My deluged flooding eyes reveal the pain that drowns my heart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Watch out for all the Negroes that pull into your driveway. One of them may be a redbone.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Watch out for all the Negroes that pull into your driveway. One of them may be a redbone.
We don't use the term"Negroes"anymore .it's"Blacks".What's the matter with you AZ? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY! OOH, WOE IS ME!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> We don't use the term"Negroes"anymore .it's"Blacks".What's the matter with you AZ? THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY! OOH, WOE IS ME!
Yea, I was just returning briefly to the 19th Century for a minute using the polite term for the N word. Unfortunately, Gail has not reached this point of politeness yet. "Redbone"...that's a new one for me. I like that. Wait until I tell the other brothers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we are talking about personal choices. I think the question is the freedom and equality of all people on a level playing field in our society. I could say that I believe that all white people should pay back slavery to blacks by placing all white people into bondage, but even though this would be my view, this belief would not promote freedom and equality for white people. Just as if I would believe that homosexuals should not marry, that may be my personal belief, but it does not promote freedom, equlity and a level playing field for all homosexuals. To exclude anyone from any of the freedoms that are given to all others is discrimination against that group. Do you understand my statement now?
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, when did we (everyone) lose the freedom for personal thought and beliefs? A personal thought or belief doesn't always change a situation, but for me, it doesn't change my choice/thought/belief whatever you want to call it. As you feel strongly for gay marriage, you have the choice to fight for it. As I don't feel as you about gay marriage, I have the same choice not to embrace it. I don't give you grief about endorsing gay marriage, nor will I, just don't expect me to support it. I do and will respect your choice to support anything (not bad things like killing etc) you want to, but it doesn't mean I will always agree. Again, you guys forget that people that disagree with you have the freedom to do so and it doesn't make anyone that disagrees with you a bad person. Where's my freedom and leveling the playing ground when my personal thoughts and beliefs go against yours'?
Human rights have nothing to do with people's personal beliefs. As I pointed out, my personal belief could be to enslave all white people, but at the same time, that would make it unfair for all white people. The end result of the Marriage Amendment vote is that homosexuals do not have the same rights as heterosexuals in regard to marriage, at least in NC they don't. My belief is that this issue is coming before the Supreme Court soon, and I think you will see the Amendment overturned in the states that have denied it. At least, that is my hope, and that is OK with me if your personal view is to see it upheld. I just want an equal playing field for everyone in America, and right now, it is not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights have nothing to do with people's personal beliefs. As I pointed out, my personal belief could be to enslave all white people, but at the same time, that would make it unfair for all white people. The end result of the Marriage Amendment vote is that homosexuals do not have the same rights as heterosexuals in regard to marriage, at least in NC they don't. My belief is that this issue is coming before the Supreme Court soon, and I think you will see the Amendment overturned in the states that have denied it. At least, that is my hope, and that is OK with me if your personal view is to see it upheld. I just want an equal playing field for everyone in America, and right now, it is not.
Arnold, I've read where gay marriage will be heard before the SCOTUS. If the SCOTUS decides all amendments are overturned in every state, hey that's on them not me, still won't change my personal belief. I'm not going to riot in the street, or set my hair on fire and run around the frontyard naked because of a decision I don't agree with. It will be what it will be and though I would disagree, if it's the law, it's the law. Doesn't make me a bad person to disagree with same sex marriage, it's how I believe whether the SCOTUS changes the law or not.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I was just returning briefly to the 19th Century for a minute using the polite term for the N word. Unfortunately, Gail has not reached this point of politeness yet. "Redbone"...that's a new one for me. I like that. Wait until I tell the other brothers.
The"other brothers"? You're killing me AZ....

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
And if she had a gun, she probably would have been shot as well. Did her attackers out number her 5-1?
If she practiced gun control, I'd beg to differ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I've read where gay marriage will be heard before the SCOTUS. If the SCOTUS decides all amendments are overturned in every state, hey that's on them not me, still won't change my personal belief. I'm not going to riot in the street, or set my hair on fire and run around the frontyard naked because of a decision I don't agree with. It will be what it will be and though I would disagree, if it's the law, it's the law. Doesn't make me a bad person to disagree with same sex marriage, it's how I believe whether the SCOTUS changes the law or not.
Legislating from the bench is weak sauce.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal playing field? They had every opportunity to not engage in the homosexual deviancy. But they chose poorly. So they should suffer for making a bad decision. What you are seeking is that Utopia you keep telling us that does not exsist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken we were talking about infidelity in marriage between a man and a woman. I believe Arnold said evangelicals turn a blind eye to infidelity/divorce. Evangelicals are not exactly a bastion for gay marriage.
Why do you hate my freedom of how I view marriage, or anything else for that matter? If you're so big into freedom, respect mine. It's people like you that are no different than what you accuse people of me hating. What says you get to like gay marriage and that's right and I don't and that's wrong? If you're talking about freedom in every sense of the word Mike, yours' ends where mine begins. Deal with it.
Bacon, come on girl...

Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...

TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!

Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacon, come on girl...
Democrats, left leaning independents and liberals all scream...
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
TOLERANCE!
Yet have none for those who do not want to be their friend, get to know them or share their points of view or ideas. I think it will be very funny when they try to rule a "kingdom" but have no minions following them.
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't worry about us. You will be a defector in Singapore living as a minority. That will be a good experience for you.
Arnold, I want to ask you a question and I'm asking for an answer without name throwing? Well, actually I have two questions. What is a redbone? Why does it bother you that Silver is moving to Singapore and I'm moving? I know you will say you don't care, but why does it bother others when people decide to remove themself (themselves) from a situation they don't agree with? You know there's more than just us that have decided to move and for Silver and me, it's two different reasons, but yet it's to get away from the rat race and politics here in the U.S. I, too, will be living as a minority and it doen't bother me a bit. The people are kind and welcoming and I can contribute to their way of life and they can help me understand a different culture. Silver, IMO, is making a strategic move financially and maybe he feels as I do about contributing to another country and learning from their culture. There's a large amount of people that have already liquidated their assets and moved them to another country, is this considered a defector to you? Arnold, have you ever thought Silver feels as strongly about the direction this country is headed down, as you do about gay marriage, and he knows he can't change this country, so why not change countries? I wish him, his wife and family well and hope everything works out great for them. I hope for my family's sake, everything works out great for them too. We're just trying to get away from the rat race here in the U.S. and Lord knows, we've paid our dues, and give a little peace and beauty for those in my family that are deserving. I think in the future, the U.S. will see more people relocating because of the state of chaos, financial instability and lack of leadership. You've heard the saying "Don't leave mad, just leave", well maybe that's what we're doing. On a positive note, Topix is everywhere Arnold, and we'll keep in touch. Wish us the best as I harbor no ill will against you or anyone on here and hope everything goes great for you after your retirement.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 2 hr oldballs 2
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord Wed Concerned Citizen 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... Tue Tony 6
Dog food and meds Tue ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Tue Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Mon In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000