“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31318 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Waco, it does to me. The children and others I mentioned died sadly and as heroes and you know good and well it doesn't take but one negative report and the amount the parents of the LIVING child asked to tarnish the memory of these people. It doesn't mean I feel any different than I did the day I heard of the shootings, but now it adds insult to injury and all we'll hear now is about the lawsuit. These people ought to be thankful their child is safe and not in a grave. Don't think this will be the only lawsuit. I think there will be many to follow and those killed will be forgotten after a while when the focus is shifted to lawsuits.
You are allowing this lawsuit to sway your view of the hero's in this event. No one is making you think differently than you once did. You are doing that on your own.
I would likely never heard about the law suit unless you posted this, so you are part of the problem, not the solution.
The case did not sway Waco's mind, it did not sway my mind, but by your words, it swayed your mind. Why? Are you that easily swayed?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31319 Dec 30, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lucky they did not kill you for the fun of it.
I seriously doubt they would have. It was dumb enough to risk major time in prison for twenty bucks, but to risk the death penalty for twenty bucks would be insane. Clearly the motive was money, not some lust for violence.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31320 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are allowing this lawsuit to sway your view of the hero's in this event. No one is making you think differently than you once did. You are doing that on your own.
I would likely never heard about the law suit unless you posted this, so you are part of the problem, not the solution.
The case did not sway Waco's mind, it did not sway my mind, but by your words, it swayed your mind. Why? Are you that easily swayed?
Mike, maybe you and Waco didn't understand what I was attempting to say. A $100 million dollar lawsuit does besmirch the memory and overshadows the tragedy. I'm not swayed at all, in fact, I'm appalled that parents of a child they can tuck in bed at night versus going to visit at a grave has the audacity to sue for such a large amount of money for "mental and psychological" suffering on behalf of their child. This lawsuit and I read where many more are to follow, take away from the way these children and school administrators died and now puts the focus on greed via lawsuits. Swayed no, disgusted yes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31321 Dec 30, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to this 25 year old Pregnant store clerk who was stabbed to death. I bet she wish she had a gun.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/athens-sto...
None of this conversation had anything to do with having a gun.
Each case is different, so what he said about mine might not apply to another. The fact you fail to understand this is the problem. Your black and white mentality shows a serious lack of what humans are so great at. Adapting to each situation.

Location hidden

#31322 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are allowing this lawsuit to sway your view of the hero's in this event. No one is making you think differently than you once did. You are doing that on your own.
BTW, read online news sources or watch any major news or cables news on TV and you'll hear about the lawsuits. It hasn't had time to come out in a magazine or Wiki that you seem to get most of your info from.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31323 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, You failed to list my communist qualities according to the Manifesto. I have always viewed myself as a defender of freedom. For instance, I voted against the Marriage Amendment that discriminates against gay people. I support civil liberties for all people. Please define my communist traits. Thanks
Don't hold your breath. I tried to pin Taxpayer down on specific before on this and he ran for the hills.

Location hidden

#31324 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If insurance on guns were mandated, the free market would be held accountable, thus the insurance agency would be paying out instead of our tax dollars.
The victims here have no one to sue for damages, so they try to sue the school. Well it was clear the mother should have locked up the guns.
No heroism was besmerched. Not sure why you would even think that.
Do you have a fat clue about insurance? If insurance companies were involved they pay a flat fee for death; however, when it comes to trying to estimate IF there is punitive damages that could result in a lifelong disability for a person (as with this child), then damages could be asked for if you're to consider to the life expectancy of a person and their disability and how it may impact their lives. This could result in millions to billions of dollars asked by plaintiffs and guess what, the insurance companies would go bankrupt and they'd never get a penny anyway. Insurance wouldn't do a bit of good in this instance and you know it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31325 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, read online news sources or watch any major news or cables news on TV and you'll hear about the lawsuits. It hasn't had time to come out in a magazine or Wiki that you seem to get most of your info from.
I do not claim it is not on the news, I am just saying you are doing what you are condemning. You are propogating the story. You are highlighting the story over the herosim of the people that should be focused upon.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31326 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, maybe you and Waco didn't understand what I was attempting to say. A $100 million dollar lawsuit does besmirch the memory and overshadows the tragedy. I'm not swayed at all, in fact, I'm appalled that parents of a child they can tuck in bed at night versus going to visit at a grave has the audacity to sue for such a large amount of money for "mental and psychological" suffering on behalf of their child. This lawsuit and I read where many more are to follow, take away from the way these children and school administrators died and now puts the focus on greed via lawsuits. Swayed no, disgusted yes.
So if it did not sway you, then your mind refused to allow this lawsuit to besmerch your view of the hero's. So why do you keep insisting this is besmerching the hero's?

Location hidden

#31327 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not claim it is not on the news, I am just saying you are doing what you are condemning. You are propogating the story. You are highlighting the story over the herosim of the people that should be focused upon.
Gee Mike, I thought you were the guy that wanted to debate subjects. It's not like the whole U.S. is reading Topix. I thought it would be a good topic to discuss. You started a topic for discussion about gun insurance after this incident, so if I'm guilty of propagating a story, so are you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31328 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a fat clue about insurance? If insurance companies were involved they pay a flat fee for death; however, when it comes to trying to estimate IF there is punitive damages that could result in a lifelong disability for a person (as with this child), then damages could be asked for if you're to consider to the life expectancy of a person and their disability and how it may impact their lives. This could result in millions to billions of dollars asked by plaintiffs and guess what, the insurance companies would go bankrupt and they'd never get a penny anyway. Insurance wouldn't do a bit of good in this instance and you know it.
Yes I have a clue about insurance, and their is no flat rate unless you are speaking of life insurance. I am not speaking of life insurance.
The gun insurance would likely be like car insurance. And in the case of car insurance, if your son takes your car and runs over some people with it, the insurance company pays. Never heard of a billion dollar law suit in such a case.
Car insurance companies work, so why would you assume gun insurance companies could not do the same?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31329 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Mike, I thought you were the guy that wanted to debate subjects. It's not like the whole U.S. is reading Topix. I thought it would be a good topic to discuss. You started a topic for discussion about gun insurance after this incident, so if I'm guilty of propagating a story, so are you.
I have no problem talking about it, I am just pointing out your lack of logic.
You contradict your statements over and over again. This story either besmerched your view of the hero's or it did not. You cannot have it both ways.

Location hidden

#31330 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if it did not sway you, then your mind refused to allow this lawsuit to besmerch your view of the hero's. So why do you keep insisting this is besmerching the hero's?
Mike, stop and think for just a second. In the case of Calyee Anthony's death; what was the biggest story, the child's death or the trial that we heard about day in and day out and the verdict? To me, the child's death was minimized/besmirched by all the media coverage about the mother and the trial. Here's another example, the upcoming Trayvon Martin trial, who has the media focused on more, Trayvon or George Zimmerman? I know a person is innocent until proven guilty; however, the press has chosen sides about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence and have forgotten about Trayvon. I guess in this country, once you're six feet under and the attorneys and media gets a hold of the news, you're death really doesn't matter, just the news stories the media can feed on. That's why I say these parents didn't need to give fodder to the media and attorneys that are probably coming out of the woodwork for greed. It's wrong Mike and I think it does minimize the death of the children.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31331 Dec 30, 2012
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/05/19/missi...

. In Mississippi, GOP state Rep. Andy Gipson posted a message on his Facebook page which calls for putting gays and lesbians to death.

On May 10, Gipson made the following post:

“Been a lot of press on Obama’s opinion on “homosexual marriage.” The only opinion that counts is God’s: see Romans 1:26-28 and Leviticus 20:13. Anyway you slice it, it is sin. Not to mention horrific social policy.”

Leviticus 20:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Silly religious republicans.

Location hidden

#31332 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem talking about it, I am just pointing out your lack of logic.
You contradict your statements over and over again. This story either besmerched your view of the hero's or it did not. You cannot have it both ways.
MIKE, the fact these parents are suing for a ridiculous amount of money for a child, not killed, does overshadow the deaths. It now brings our focus to legal actions. I'm sure there has to be more people than me that think $100 million dollars for a child that may or may not have suffered mental and psychological suffering is ridiculous and uncalled for. These parents actually tried to file a lawsuit within a week of the shooting. We're two different people with two different opinions but IMO, this now takes the focus off the children and heroes (not saying they're any less than sad victims of a really bad circumstance) and to the greed of others trying to make a buck off a horrific circumstance. If you don't get it, then I'm through trying to explain. You don't understand because you don't want to.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31333 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, stop and think for just a second. In the case of Calyee Anthony's death; what was the biggest story, the child's death or the trial that we heard about day in and day out and the verdict? To me, the child's death was minimized/besmirched by all the media coverage about the mother and the trial. Here's another example, the upcoming Trayvon Martin trial, who has the media focused on more, Trayvon or George Zimmerman? I know a person is innocent until proven guilty; however, the press has chosen sides about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence and have forgotten about Trayvon. I guess in this country, once you're six feet under and the attorneys and media gets a hold of the news, you're death really doesn't matter, just the news stories the media can feed on. That's why I say these parents didn't need to give fodder to the media and attorneys that are probably coming out of the woodwork for greed. It's wrong Mike and I think it does minimize the death of the children.
I think much focus was on Treyvon. If you allowed your mind to forget about Treyvon, that is on you.
I get one can be swayed by massive media attention, but that is not what you said. Maybe you should take care not to make absolute claims that are not absolute. Your black and white mentality makes you look like a walking contradiction.
My mind is not besmerched, Waco's is not besmerched, and now you claim yours is not besmerched. So who's mind is besmererched?
You cannot have your cake and eat it also.

I will aways point out your contradictions. You should know that by now.

Location hidden

#31334 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you would allow the person to make his or her own choices in marriage? Great, now if only you could apply that to homosexuals. Allow for free choice. Why do you hate freedom?
If I'm not mistaken we were talking about infidelity in marriage between a man and a woman. I believe Arnold said evangelicals turn a blind eye to infidelity/divorce. Evangelicals are not exactly a bastion for gay marriage.

Why do you hate my freedom of how I view marriage, or anything else for that matter? If you're so big into freedom, respect mine. It's people like you that are no different than what you accuse people of me hating. What says you get to like gay marriage and that's right and I don't and that's wrong? If you're talking about freedom in every sense of the word Mike, yours' ends where mine begins. Deal with it.
Officer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#31335 Dec 30, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to this 25 year old Pregnant store clerk who was stabbed to death. I bet she wish she had a gun.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/athens-sto...
And if she had a gun, she probably would have been shot as well. Did her attackers out number her 5-1?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31336 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken we were talking about infidelity in marriage between a man and a woman. I believe Arnold said evangelicals turn a blind eye to infidelity/divorce. Evangelicals are not exactly a bastion for gay marriage.
Why do you hate my freedom of how I view marriage, or anything else for that matter? If you're so big into freedom, respect mine. It's people like you that are no different than what you accuse people of me hating. What says you get to like gay marriage and that's right and I don't and that's wrong? If you're talking about freedom in every sense of the word Mike, yours' ends where mine begins. Deal with it.
Gay marriage was up for a vote in NC. You refused to vote for gay marriage due to your personal hate for equality in marriage. That is when I lose respect for your superstition. I support your right to believe in superstition, but I do not have to respect your twisted superstition.

Your superstition impeded on the freedom of others. That is why I speak out against your superstiton.

I understand this is all to complex for you to comprehend. I have stated it several times, and you just do not get it. You will never get it. You do not wish to get it. Your mind is closed on the matter due to superstiton. Superstition rules your mind. Reason is not allowed to work in your superstitious mind.

Leviticus said to murder the homosexuals. I guess I should be glad you do not follow that part of the bible.

Location hidden

#31337 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I think much focus was on Treyvon. If you allowed your mind to forget about Treyvon, that is on you.
I get one can be swayed by massive media attention, but that is not what you said. Maybe you should take care not to make absolute claims that are not absolute. Your black and white mentality makes you look like a walking contradiction.
My mind is not besmerched, Waco's is not besmerched, and now you claim yours is not besmerched. So who's mind is besmererched?
You cannot have your cake and eat it also.
I will aways point out your contradictions. You should know that by now.
What absolute claim did I make? Where I said this lawsuit did besmirch the death of these children? It does. The news now is talking about lawsuits and no longer about the heroes or the children. It does besmirch to me personally because I happen to think anyone's life is more than a dollar amount placed on it. If this lawsuit doesn't take away from the story to you and obviously it didn't because you didn't even know it was going on, then that's fine. It does take away from the deaths of those to me because of the greed. What don't you understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Thanksgiving ! 18 min KoK-LoL 1
Charlotte marks Transgender Day of Remembrance 15 hr KoK-LoL 5
Fired investigator says city retaliated against... 19 hr KoK-LoL 3
bggb Tue gest 59
What Is The New World Order? Tue Dreamland 4
What Is The New World Order? Tue Dreamland 1
Rallies planned in Charlotte following Ferguson... Mon blackyb 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte People Search