Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#31297 Dec 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, all those bible thumpers hate equality in marriage. How hateful and selfish of them. They feel marriage is something the have to defend from homosexuals.
Hopefully the hateful bible believers will move out of America and we can have more true equality in our laws.
I don't think proven adulters from a first marriage should be allowed to re-marry. I think that would be a more Christian measure to pursue. Heterosexual infidelity is put on the back burner by many of these evangelicals as their attacks on homosexuals continue on and on. As Jesus said, "Look for the log in thine own eye instead of the speck in your brother's eye". Nobody seems to recognize this wisdom anymore.

Location hidden

#31298 Dec 29, 2012
Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely you did the right thing. I might have asked for a slice of pizza before they left though.
Me too. I would have been more interested in the pizzas.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#31300 Dec 29, 2012
Mike...you probably did do the right thing....however.....it was fun messing with you about it.....

Location hidden

#31301 Dec 29, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think proven adulters from a first marriage should be allowed to re-marry. I think that would be a more Christian measure to pursue. Heterosexual infidelity is put on the back burner by many of these evangelicals as their attacks on homosexuals continue on and on. As Jesus said, "Look for the log in thine own eye instead of the speck in your brother's eye". Nobody seems to recognize this wisdom anymore.
Hey Arnold, I don't put infidelity on the back burner. This is how I look at it. I don't think there ought to be a law against remarrying in cases of adultery; however, let's say for instance, if a man commits adultery with another woman and the man gets divorced and if the women is married and she divorces too; if I were them, I would always wonder if adultery is the way I got him/her, what's to say they're not doing the same thing again.

Location hidden

#31302 Dec 29, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Arnold, I don't put infidelity on the back burner. This is how I look at it. I don't think there ought to be a law against remarrying in cases of adultery; however, let's say for instance, if a man commits adultery with another woman and the man gets divorced and if the women is married and she divorces too; if I were them, I would always wonder if adultery is the way I got him/her, what's to say they're not doing the same thing again.
I agree. First of all, I have a rule not to mess with a married woman, and if she were willing to leave her husband for me, I know that I would be next.....so, better not to mess with them at all. I don't think I could ever fully trust her. Most people apparently don't see this, and they generally go through marriage after marriage.

Location hidden

#31303 Dec 29, 2012
Here's an article that lets me know people will try to make a dollar off anything:

http://bethel.patch.com/articles/100-million-...

These parents were fortunate their child survived. All the glowing reports how everyone in the community mourned the loss of the children and what heroes the teachers and school administrators killed is now besmirched by greed of these parents.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31304 Dec 29, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
Here's an article that lets me know people will try to make a dollar off anything:
These parents were fortunate their child survived. All the glowing reports how everyone in the community mourned the loss of the children and what heroes the teachers and school administrators killed is now besmirched by greed of these parents.
Not in my mind...

Location hidden

#31305 Dec 29, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Not in my mind...
Waco, it does to me. The children and others I mentioned died sadly and as heroes and you know good and well it doesn't take but one negative report and the amount the parents of the LIVING child asked to tarnish the memory of these people. It doesn't mean I feel any different than I did the day I heard of the shootings, but now it adds insult to injury and all we'll hear now is about the lawsuit. These people ought to be thankful their child is safe and not in a grave. Don't think this will be the only lawsuit. I think there will be many to follow and those killed will be forgotten after a while when the focus is shifted to lawsuits.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#31306 Dec 30, 2012
We are fighting to provide for our families working two and three jobs. The government is getting ready to stealing more of what we work for. So what does Obama do sign an executive order that will raise the pay of Congress and federal workers. An Executive Order, issued by Obama on Thursday, there will be an end to pay freezes, which would give Congress a raise. It would be nice, if I could just wipe the pen out and give myself a raise.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#31307 Dec 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>When I was young, I was robbed delivering pizza's. Five guys demanded my money and one had a gun. I did not have a gun. I handed over the twenty bucks and the pizzas and went on my way. The business covered the twenty bucks.
Now in your professional opinion, did I do the right thing?
Your lucky they did not kill you for the fun of it.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#31308 Dec 30, 2012
Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely you did the right thing. I might have asked for a slice of pizza before they left though.
Tell that to this 25 year old Pregnant store clerk who was stabbed to death. I bet she wish she had a gun.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/athens-sto...

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31309 Dec 30, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to this 25 year old Pregnant store clerk who was stabbed to death. I bet she wish she had a gun.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/athens-sto...
Leave it to Taxpayer to cheer us all up.....

Location hidden

#31310 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Relate my communist views to me. I would love a professional opinion such as yours.
Taxpayer, You failed to list my communist qualities according to the Manifesto. I have always viewed myself as a defender of freedom. For instance, I voted against the Marriage Amendment that discriminates against gay people. I support civil liberties for all people. Please define my communist traits. Thanks

Location hidden

#31311 Dec 30, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Leave it to Taxpayer to cheer us all up.....
He is Jolly Old St. Nick in his highest incarnation.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#31312 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, You failed to list my communist qualities according to the Manifesto. I have always viewed myself as a defender of freedom. For instance, I voted against the Marriage Amendment that discriminates against gay people. I support civil liberties for all people. Please define my communist traits. Thanks
You are not a republican.....ergo....you must be a communist...??

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#31313 Dec 30, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
If given the choice, I would rather be robbed than killed. I can always get my money back. My life is a different story. I would have done the same thing. If you would have been armed, would you have used the weapon and maybe have your life tied up in court for years? Think your lawyer and court fees would amount to $20? These macho gun owners who profess such bravery and self defense in being armed would more than likely make the same choice as you. It is different to rant about it on Topix than it is to be actually confronted with a gun. The robber already has a gun drawn on you. What do you think the chances would be for you to draw yours and fire before the robber did? You did the wise thing.
I agree, these people are living in some TV reality. Life is not an action movie. If you fight someone with a gun over twenty dollars, I would call you insane.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31314 Dec 30, 2012
Officer wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny part of the story, the robbers were so dispointed in only getting twenty dollars, I told them that is the policy of the company that we carry less than that for change. We had a drop box we put our money in after each delivery. So I offered the pizzas to them. They asked what was on it. Strange, because they ordered it. The house address they gave was vacant. Well, their were five guys, so I guess someone did not know what toppings the other guy ordered. They took the pizza.
How stupid to risk a long term prison sentence for twenty bucks and some pizza.
Silvercorks says I was a chicken for not fighting for that twenty dollars.
He now considers me a coward.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31315 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would allow the person to make his or her own choices in marriage? Great, now if only you could apply that to homosexuals. Allow for free choice. Why do you hate freedom?
DO YOU NEED

Sweden

#31316 Dec 30, 2012
Do you need an urgent loan to pay your bills if yes kindly contact us on via-email
ladylopezloaninstitute@gmail.c om

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#31317 Dec 30, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
If insurance on guns were mandated, the free market would be held accountable, thus the insurance agency would be paying out instead of our tax dollars.
The victims here have no one to sue for damages, so they try to sue the school. Well it was clear the mother should have locked up the guns.
No heroism was besmerched. Not sure why you would even think that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Michelle, now Scott 5 hr McHenry 3
Papa Sammy's Pizza 6 hr justasmalltowngirl 6
Competative Soccer Leagues in Gaston County 18 hr Soccer Parent 1
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) 21 hr UTB 56
bggb 22 hr guest 5
The Raider Dynasty is OVER! Sun Jaguar Jacquard 19
Senator Kay Hagan Sun Wabash Tsunami 1
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs