“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#30736 Dec 19, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
I'm not changing the subject, but do you still lift weights? Did you ever have a max press?
I was never the best at bench press. I mostly did body building, which does not need to lift maximum weight. Maxing out is dangerous and could set back progress, so I did not do it much. I do not think I went over three hundred.
I do still lift, but not as much as I should. I am not into the big muscle look anymore, but I do like to look in shape. I have eaten no sweets in the past month, so I am working on it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30737 Dec 19, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
The school shooter was completely insane, I believe Michael.They are talking of...repealing the second amendment....at least on PIERS Morgan....
I do not know who that is, but the second amendment will never be changed.
As I say, a few extremists are wanting that sort of thing, it is not the general left wing wish by far. I am not for any extreme measures on gun control. I do oppose large gun clips, like those used in the theater shooting.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30738 Dec 19, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
What would You say needs to be done to minimize the chances of another bloodbath Michael? This is a concrete problem, the Europeans seem to think we are gun crazy.
More focus on mental health care. And people need to lock up their guns at home, for Pete's sake. Not that it should be a law, but maybe some public messages or something.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30739 Dec 19, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text> How long would it have taken for an adult with a taser to stop him or for an armed security to have a presence. If you nothing of the use of firearms, you should not comment here. Change a mag in an AR takes a couple seconds, about the same amount of time to squeeze the trigger on a taser. Ever notice how these events always happen in a "gun free" zone. Now it seems, the mother of this kid was going to have him committed. Think about this, she's an educator of some sort, has a "mentally challenged" teenager, teaches him to shoot and lets him play "first person" assault video games all day. Now you tell me, WHO dropped the ball here, Bushmaster?? Glock? oh wait Sig Sauer?.
Clearly the mother dropped the ball. But why? I say it is the attitude of how guns are perceived in America. I here a lot of right wingers talking about their guns as if it were their kids. Maybe if they were talked about in a more serious manner, the mother would have locked them up. If people talked about how they lock up their guns, maybe others would do so.
The culture of America and guns is part of the problem. Now if you do not help to change that, then the law just might.

You see, if the people do not show leadership and take control of the culture problem, the government then steps in.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30740 Dec 19, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You know why? I do not need to say it again. Do not try and side step it.
You are sidestepping my points. You can have your private schools, and we will keep our public schools.
America is not going to end public schools anymore than it will ban guns.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30741 Dec 19, 2012
TSF wrote:
The most prolific killers in America today are doctors who kill with mistakes and malpractice. Around 120,000 Americans per year die at the hands of doctors each year. Should we ban doctors?
Automobiles kill over 100,000 Americans each year. should we ban Automobiles?
In China, a nut with a knife went into an elementary school and slashed first graders and their teacher. Should we ban knives?
Gun free zones attract criminals and killers because they know resistance is absent. In fact, the stats show that the enactment of the GFSZ has served to actually increase gun violence at schools by almost 400%
How many died due the knife attack? Zero.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30742 Dec 19, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Allen, I've had a .22 rifle sale delayed because of a lady being committed. After "further review" the FBI came back and said the sale could "proceed". She had been "medically cleared". I know people who had assault convictions against them and can't get a Conceal Carry BUT will be issued a pistol purchase permit. Go figure. As for arming teachers, I think a taser or "pepper spray". What are you calling an assault weapon, do you know how many rounds "tube fed" .22 or a "lever action" can hold? It just seems that every time an event like this happens, it's always the gun's fault, never the personal responsibility or free will of the individual or people around the individual. A man out west turned in his own son because the kid was planning a 911 type event, I sure that was the hardest thing to do. I DO NOT mean to sound like I'm picking on you, because I'm not.
If you think no one is talking about the mind of the criminal here, you are not listening. Everyone is talking about that, so stop with the lies.
One can talk about both gun control and personal responsibility at the same time, believe it or not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30743 Dec 19, 2012
Allen wrote:
According to the media the killer (Lanza) could not or did not feel pain. This troubles me. Could it be that we are headed for a zombie apocalypse? There are way to many out there walking around void of morals, values and consciousness. Could it be that the human brain may be going through a mutation of sorts and if so what could be causing this? One may suggest preservatives in the foods we eat or pollution of our air, water and soil. Is anything we consume truly organic anymore? Can we look to theories of evolution for answers or even conspiracy on a wide long term scale?
I hear people everyday say," the world has gone crazy." Just as guns don't kill, the world hasn't gone crazy the people in it have. There are however answers and they may be right under our noses.
This is nothing new. Many people are, and have been psychopathic. I have heard some high estimates in the fifteen percent of people. Not sure if that is true, so do not ask for a link.
But the fact is, many are born with no empathy. Now I as an atheist say this is clearly not a world of man made by god, and this is evidence.
Humans are just animals. Flawed in many, many ways from birth. We have a larger brain, but it does not always function perfectly. Many have some sort of mental condition.
Does our food have something to do with it? Maybe, but it is clearly not the only reason. People have been born with mental problems for as long as written history and clearly longer. Nature is by no means creating perfect beings. We as thinking men and women need to acknowledge this and take measures accordingly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30744 Dec 19, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree. This mother was a teacher, she owned these guns. She knew that her son had issues. My God had she wanted to bond she could have taken him to the ball park, not a shooting range! In my opinion she made some bad choises and ultimatly signed her own death certificate along with so many others.
The shooting range is American culture. That needs to change, or expect more of these shootings.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30745 Dec 19, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>If you have "reason to think"..."know you customer".
That does not answer the question. It was a good question, so why not just answer it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30746 Dec 19, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, I have responses to this post and another one you made. I agree many parents are in denial when their children are "different" in anyway i.e. mentally, physically, etc. As a society, we need to stop treating people with mental or physical challenges as children of a lesser god. My brother is physically challenged; however, when people see his condition they assume he's mentally challenged as well and speak very loudly and slowly to him and pat him on the head like he's a child, he's 60 years old. Parents and family members of anyone with any type of mental or physical challenge only want them to be treated as "normal" (whatever that is these days). IMO if there's no stigma attached, parents or family members will be more likely to seek treatment at an early age for their challenged loved ones.
To you other post (don't have it in front of me, so it's not going to be word for word) about people evolving or minds mutating. IMO, people are adapting versus evolving. During the different "ages" of time, people's bodies adapted to the changing environment in order to survive. They gradually were able to tolerate the cold and heat changes, but they still remained human. Not suggesting you don't know the difference, but I looked it up for my own need to know:
"The difference between adaption and evolution is shown in the following example:
At one point, there was probably only one type of crocodile. Over time, the crocodiles adapted to the water in which they live, and some became fresh-water crocks, and some salt-water crocks. But they are both still crocks. A crock did not become a fish.
Evolution is, for example, a pig slowly turning into a horse, or a lizard into a bird."
IMO, our society is adapting to the violence going on around them daily, thus if one feels intimidated by another with a gun, knife etc, his thought would be to equal the playing ground by acquiring a gun, knife etc. Many of us nowadays utilize the fight or flight tactic to handle dangerous or stressful situations. By choosing to fight, then we must have the tools to fight with. This does not mean for one to go buy a gun and go looking for a fight or to kill for sport, but IMO, it means to buy for protection.
Not sure where you got your information on evolution, but it is wrong, wrong, wrong.
Wiki,Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.

It does not take species change to be called evolution. Now when a species does change enough, science categorizes the animal to a new species for identity purposes.

Pigs never turned into horses.

Now humans do not need to change traits as much as some other species. Why? Because our large brains have enabled us to make artificial adaptations, like clothes and heaters for example. We do not need fangs, because we can use spears and now guns.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30747 Dec 19, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
No Waco I had no idea. Except for poor vision, I am of sound mind and body and very thankful. My astrolgical sign is Gemini (the twins). Some people say we have split personalities. I believe that we are flexable and versatile. I am the type that would feel just as much at ease under an interstate bridge talking to a homeless man as I would to be having dinner with the mayor. I choose not to carry a firearm because I did inherit my daddy's temper, however the older I get the better I get at controlling it. I often times carry the weight of the world on my shoulders and feel the need to right all wrongs.
I know I am off topic, but just why do you believe astrological events have anything to do with your personality?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#30748 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly the mother dropped the ball. But why? I say it is the attitude of how guns are perceived in America. I here a lot of right wingers talking about their guns as if it were their kids. Maybe if they were talked about in a more serious manner, the mother would have locked them up. If people talked about how they lock up their guns, maybe others would do so.
The culture of America and guns is part of the problem. Now if you do not help to change that, then the law just might.
You see, if the people do not show leadership and take control of the culture problem, the government then steps in.
You voted for it. Enjoy...

Definition of COMMUNISM
1a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
1b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/com...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#30749 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How many died due the knife attack? Zero.
Were planes and skyscrapers outlawed after 9/11?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#30750 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I was never the best at bench press. I mostly did body building, which does not need to lift maximum weight. Maxing out is dangerous and could set back progress, so I did not do it much. I do not think I went over three hundred.
I do still lift, but not as much as I should. I am not into the big muscle look anymore, but I do like to look in shape. I have eaten no sweets in the past month, so I am working on it.
Three hundred is a lot.I'm going more reps, lighter weight, to cut down on injuries.Working out also makes me just feel better.I stay at two thousand calories a day.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#30751 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know I am off topic, but just why do you believe astrological events have anything to do with your personality?
I know a lot of people who do the astrology thing, mostly they just do it for fun, they don't take it too seriously, just a minor diversion from the daily pressures of life, which these days, can be extreme.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#30752 Dec 19, 2012
There seem to be some questions about the efficacy of the anti-psychotic the Lanza kid was on...even the distributor of the drug apparently thought that it, in a lot of cases, could actually increase schizophrenic behavior, quite the opposite of it's stated intent.No surprise to me, I've seen first hand the crap-shoot that modern anti-psychotics can be, including some horrific side effects such as extreme weight gain, and increase in suicidal thoughts.Psyche drugs are a multi-billion dollar business, in America....

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#30753 Dec 19, 2012
Let me be clear, I don't trust the major pharmaceutical interests, all a person need do is look at the potential side effects of psyche drugs currently on the market, the list of these side effects is shocking.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#30754 Dec 19, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Let me be clear, I don't trust the major pharmaceutical interests, all a person need do is look at the potential side effects of psyche drugs currently on the market, the list of these side effects is shocking.
Exactly! You'll need 20 more pills to treat the side effects caused by the one pill you just took....and these drugs are approved by our govt through the FDA! Ever notice the disclaimer at the end of the commercial when the guy is talking 90 miles a minute saying, "if you experience suicidal thoughts or tendencies while taking this medication"?
But lets go one step further and look at why our society needs these pills. IMO, going back to the rat experiment, it's because the additives, preservatives, synthetic chemicals created in a laboratory, etc...that is put into our food supply which is causing most of the health problems that a majority of Americans are suffering from....the same chemicals that are approved once again by the FDA. Wheat has been genetically engineered to the point that is no longer classifiable as a plant, but is now considered a genetically modified organism. And has anyone taken the time to research the effects of aspartame, a synthetic sweetner used in most diet drinks?
I would say most of the health problems, including mental issues, comes from the food supply approved by the FDA.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30755 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That does not answer the question. It was a good question, so why not just answer it?
The quotes listed, are on literature given to me from the ATF interview before the store opened. In case you don't understand. That is a yes, and I have refused a sale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 year old goes missing at Shamrock Gardens Ele... 39 min MaryOfConcern 6
Missing child at Shamrock Garden Elementary School 13 hr Debbie 20
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Mon North Carolina 233
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Mon Tammy 250
Luther and luvnut Celebrate Supreme Court Decision (Jun '13) Sep 14 luvnuts wife Luther 4
luvnut can be a boyscout now (Jun '13) Sep 14 luvnuts wife Luther 3
Carnitas at Lupita Tortilleria y Carniceria, Ch... (Apr '10) Sep 14 miguel 9
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search