Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#30749 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How many died due the knife attack? Zero.
Were planes and skyscrapers outlawed after 9/11?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#30750 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I was never the best at bench press. I mostly did body building, which does not need to lift maximum weight. Maxing out is dangerous and could set back progress, so I did not do it much. I do not think I went over three hundred.
I do still lift, but not as much as I should. I am not into the big muscle look anymore, but I do like to look in shape. I have eaten no sweets in the past month, so I am working on it.
Three hundred is a lot.I'm going more reps, lighter weight, to cut down on injuries.Working out also makes me just feel better.I stay at two thousand calories a day.

Location hidden

#30751 Dec 19, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know I am off topic, but just why do you believe astrological events have anything to do with your personality?
I know a lot of people who do the astrology thing, mostly they just do it for fun, they don't take it too seriously, just a minor diversion from the daily pressures of life, which these days, can be extreme.

Location hidden

#30752 Dec 19, 2012
There seem to be some questions about the efficacy of the anti-psychotic the Lanza kid was on...even the distributor of the drug apparently thought that it, in a lot of cases, could actually increase schizophrenic behavior, quite the opposite of it's stated intent.No surprise to me, I've seen first hand the crap-shoot that modern anti-psychotics can be, including some horrific side effects such as extreme weight gain, and increase in suicidal thoughts.Psyche drugs are a multi-billion dollar business, in America....

Location hidden

#30753 Dec 19, 2012
Let me be clear, I don't trust the major pharmaceutical interests, all a person need do is look at the potential side effects of psyche drugs currently on the market, the list of these side effects is shocking.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#30754 Dec 19, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Let me be clear, I don't trust the major pharmaceutical interests, all a person need do is look at the potential side effects of psyche drugs currently on the market, the list of these side effects is shocking.
Exactly! You'll need 20 more pills to treat the side effects caused by the one pill you just took....and these drugs are approved by our govt through the FDA! Ever notice the disclaimer at the end of the commercial when the guy is talking 90 miles a minute saying, "if you experience suicidal thoughts or tendencies while taking this medication"?
But lets go one step further and look at why our society needs these pills. IMO, going back to the rat experiment, it's because the additives, preservatives, synthetic chemicals created in a laboratory, etc...that is put into our food supply which is causing most of the health problems that a majority of Americans are suffering from....the same chemicals that are approved once again by the FDA. Wheat has been genetically engineered to the point that is no longer classifiable as a plant, but is now considered a genetically modified organism. And has anyone taken the time to research the effects of aspartame, a synthetic sweetner used in most diet drinks?
I would say most of the health problems, including mental issues, comes from the food supply approved by the FDA.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#30755 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That does not answer the question. It was a good question, so why not just answer it?
The quotes listed, are on literature given to me from the ATF interview before the store opened. In case you don't understand. That is a yes, and I have refused a sale.

Location hidden

#30756 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think no one is talking about the mind of the criminal here, you are not listening. Everyone is talking about that, so stop with the lies.
One can talk about both gun control and personal responsibility at the same time, believe it or not.
When this event happened, when did you first hear about the mental health "reform". It took 20 6 and 7 year old to get the ball rolling. I guess Gabby Giffords was too old for the issue to be "talked about" ANYWHERE. If mental health trumped "gun control" ever,in the media then show me. People who own and carry guns have much more "responsibility" than those that don't. The point is, no one in the media, has talked about the responsibility until NOW. What "lies"?

Location hidden

#30757 Dec 20, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly! You'll need 20 more pills to treat the side effects caused by the one pill you just took....and these drugs are approved by our govt through the FDA! Ever notice the disclaimer at the end of the commercial when the guy is talking 90 miles a minute saying, "if you experience suicidal thoughts or tendencies while taking this medication"?
But lets go one step further and look at why our society needs these pills. IMO, going back to the rat experiment, it's because the additives, preservatives, synthetic chemicals created in a laboratory, etc...that is put into our food supply which is causing most of the health problems that a majority of Americans are suffering from....the same chemicals that are approved once again by the FDA. Wheat has been genetically engineered to the point that is no longer classifiable as a plant, but is now considered a genetically modified organism. And has anyone taken the time to research the effects of aspartame, a synthetic sweetner used in most diet drinks?
I would say most of the health problems, including mental issues, comes from the food supply approved by the FDA.
I really hope the world isn't ending tomorrow, Pro. I agree with you completely on the food issue. But, you put all the blame on the government when the capatalists who distribute this crap to line their pockets with billions of dollars are equally to blame, wouldn't you think?

Location hidden

#30758 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure where you got your information on evolution, but it is wrong, wrong, wrong.
Wiki,Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
It does not take species change to be called evolution. Now when a species does change enough, science categorizes the animal to a new species for identity purposes.
Pigs never turned into horses.
Now humans do not need to change traits as much as some other species. Why? Because our large brains have enabled us to make artificial adaptations, like clothes and heaters for example. We do not need fangs, because we can use spears and now guns.
I looked up the "difference between adaptation and evolution" just like that on my search. Many of the sites said the same thing just used more words to do so. Even wiki had a "difference between.." link and like wiki can be, it too, was kind of "wiki" because they questioned the source of their answer. With that being said, I was saying in my opinion, we're not evolving, we're just adapting as a society to the ever growing violence in our nation. We're not turning into pigs, horses, dogs or cats, we're adapting as I said out of the "fight or flight syndrome". Animals don't have the mental capability to go out and buy guns and knives as a means of survival, they do it as they always have, usually in packs and they fight to the death, the weakest i.e. old and young are usually the first to go and this has been the way it's been done since the creation of animals.
I noticed where Pro in a post spoke of the side effects of drugs today and he's totally spot on. With my brother's permission, we've taken him off many of his drugs for strokes. The drugs were causing as many, if not more complications than the strokes. No pun intended, but nowadays, you pick your poison between sickness and the cure. If the young man that killed these people was being treated with medication, who's to say with his already fractured mental health, then the side effects of drugs he may have been taking for, coupled with and this is the worse thing for me, the fact his mother took him for fun to shoot guns, he was a walking time bomb. He was a disaster waiting for a place to happen and unfortunately it was at an elementary school. Got off subject somewhere, but dog wants to walk.
We do need and still have "fangs" per sey. Last weekend my husband crack his back tooth on some peanut brittle and when we called the dentist she wanted to be sure of which tooth, so she said count from you "canine" tooth back and tell me which one. Still need the canine teeth to tear meat with.
I'll be back in a few, let me walk this dog.

Location hidden

#30759 Dec 20, 2012
Who would keep guns unlocked and unsecured in a house when you have what you know is a psychologically fagile family member living under the same roof? That is just totally nuts on the mom's part.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#30760 Dec 20, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly! You'll need 20 more pills to treat the side effects caused by the one pill you just took....and these drugs are approved by our govt through the FDA! Ever notice the disclaimer at the end of the commercial when the guy is talking 90 miles a minute saying, "if you experience suicidal thoughts or tendencies while taking this medication"?
I agree. Great response.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#30761 Dec 20, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for it. Enjoy...
Definition of COMMUNISM
1a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
1b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/com...
So I voted for you guys to talk about guns as if they are toys? You clearly did not get my point. I was advocating the populous to show a better attitude about guns, that do not promote them in ways that makes them seem so fun and romantic. The attitude today glorifies guns. This has nothing to do with government, it has to do with personal responsibility. Personal responsibility for our culture. Each person helps to form the culture.
You guys have regularly bragged about guns here. Now that irresponsible behavior is shaping our culture.
If you wish to have a gun for safety reasons, fine, but bragging about it shapes a culture that is not exactly safe.

So I am suggesting you change your behavior, or else people will vote to police your guns. Again, when the society refuses to use personal responsibility, that is when the government steps in. So be proactive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30762 Dec 20, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Were planes and skyscrapers outlawed after 9/11?
Again, no one, or very few are asking for guns to be outlawed.
Planes were policed much more after 9/11 BTW.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30763 Dec 20, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Three hundred is a lot.I'm going more reps, lighter weight, to cut down on injuries.Working out also makes me just feel better.I stay at two thousand calories a day.
Well if you are lifting regularly and only taking in two K in calories, you will certainly get in shape.
I see so many get hurt lifting heavy. Kind of defeats the purpose of lifting.Peoples ego gets the best of them. Lighter weights can do the trick and keep you going for a long time and more consistently.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#30764 Dec 20, 2012
Pro-American wrote:
Imagine the problems of food if the FDA let companies do whatever they wanted?The FDA is not making the companies do this. The FDA is the reason the medicine has warnings. Otherwise companies would claim the medicine was perfectly safe and had no side effects. At least a person can chose with knowledge due to the regulations.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#30765 Dec 20, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know I am off topic, but just why do you believe astrological events have anything to do with your personality?
Mike no where in my post did I say that I believed. If you will notice I said, "some people". Even though you may not follow or believe in astrological signs, I'm sure you probably know what your sign is? I am an out going, self motivated, fun loving person. Whether or not that has anything to do with my sign, I have not a clue.
Gunner

Chicago, IL

#30766 Dec 20, 2012
Yeeeeeee.....Haaaaaaaa......!! !I'm a Texas boy and I'm looking for a pecker-poking fudge-packing good time on Brokeback Mountain.....Yeeee.....Haaaaaa ....
Yeeeeeee.....Haaaaaaaaa....Yip pie....Yi...Yo...Ki.... Yay.....!!!!

Location hidden

#30767 Dec 20, 2012
$75 or less -- Retail price of a low-caliber handgun.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/09/politics/btn-gu...

Where is this at????

Location hidden

#30768 Dec 20, 2012
"For the vast majority of Americans, it is utterly unnecessary to own any sort of firearm. Instead of guns, fixate on something that will help you EVOLVE (possibly even your brain rather than your body). There are a lot of hobbies out there that don't involve supersonic projectiles."

A comment from the CNN link I posted, for a moment there I thought.....not here too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firestone 18 hr Michelin man 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Uptown Charlotte Tue KellieS 18
Susan J. Inabinett (Mar '17) Mon Killer Bees 16
Charlotte Best hook-up daing sites May 20 rob_base50 11
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) May 19 Doc Wilson 321
Moving to Charlotte May 18 WacoNegroMooseKnu... 8
charolotte council member May 18 WacoNegroMooseKnu... 2

Charlotte Jobs

Personal Finance

Charlotte Mortgages