Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,450)

Showing posts 28,981 - 29,000 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, show a single post I made that I claimed to be divorced or married. I know you cannot, because you are chasing a myth you guys created. See how easily a myth can be created?
The grain of truth is, I have an X.
Ok Mike-that's good enough for me so collectively, I hope we can put this subject to rest and concede you were never married, but had an X period. I am a private person and I was not trying to get in your business, but was coming to your defense(not that you needed it)of Silver's constant bashing of you, and why your wife left you and the gay bashing--- with no substance! I try to play on a level ball field unlike some. I also want to address your statement that if one is not registered, then you wouldn't give them the time of day. Ok with me, but I believe when one registers, your privacy goes out the window. Frankly, the digital technology scares me and I feel our privacy rights are already compromised. So this is where I stand on that issue. OK?
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh. Laughing is always good medicine. More importantly I will address your opinion with my own opinion. I didn't come to Topix to win friends or influence enemies. And since I view the internet as entertainment, Topix is part of that entertainment. So I vent. I am an asshole. I make no bones about it. Takes a lot of commitment to hold yourself to a higher standard and I come here to be entertained and vent when necessary. I am fairly certain I am arrogant too. Just my nature of being confident. I gladly welcome not being in your "circle" of friends. As I said before, I believe in friendship but I have few friends. But the few I have are ones I know I can depend on, regardless of the time, distance or inconvienence. I am certain your friendship comes with strings attached.
But I will not abandon my principals just because of the norm you have choosen for yourself. I will not abandon my principals because of the type of friends you surround yourself with. I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not. I have a clear conscious. Your brothern have offered their perspective on how to fix America and I choose to disagree vehemently. I do not agree with the direction the Democrats are taking America and 51% of Americans do not have a problem with it either. So forgive me if I decide to bow out of your party and leave early. I know I am not the only one and I do not hang with fags, spooks or test tube babies.
The only person on this forum I would ever have any concern about having to throw down with is Waco. There is iron and wisdom in his words. And with Lu reloading his rounds now, I know for a fact that I will have to put both down hard and fast. I even have the bullets picked out in my one gun safe and I would expect no different in return.
Two things we agree on is I never waiver from my PRINCIPLES(note correct spelling)and you admit you are an ass and racist and you admit it. Does that make you a good-hearted being? Not IMO. Secondly, don't assume anything of anyone! I am not a democrat or a repub--after 2008 election I registered as an Independent so hopefully that will resinate in that brainof yours. Your aforementioned fags, spooks, and ttb's is appalling and makes me want to punch your lights out for good. And I don't need a double barrel to do so. My gun is where it's supposed to be--on my nightstand to protect my family period. As for my circle of friends--don't have many close, close friends and the ones I do have would be there in a second. My take on friends-- I would rather have one true friend then a thousand acquaintances. As for you bowing out----good for you and good luck.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so lets just look at the definition of vain.
vain
Definition
vain[ vayn ]
ADJECTIVE
excessively proud: excessively proud, especially of personal appearance
unsuccessful: failing to have or unlikely to have the intended or desired result
"a vain attempt to escape"
empty of substance: devoid of substance or meaning
Well it is clear the commandment must have been using the third meaning of the word. So when Silver used the word "Christ" in Christmas, to attack someone in a vulgar way, was that in reference to Jesus or was that part devoid of substance and meaning?
Not sure how you split hairs on sin, so I am just asking. Not saying you are wrong.
I'm not wrong "vein" is a blood vessel that carries blood.

vain (vn)
adj. vain·er, vain·est
1. Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless: a vain attempt.
2. Lacking substance or worth: vain talk.
3. Excessively proud of one's appearance or accomplishments; conceited.
4. Archaic Foolish.
Idiom:
in vain
1. To no avail; without success: Our labor was in vain.
2. In an irreverent or disrespectful manner: took the Lord's name in vain.

I'll take the last definition on my post. The Bible doesn't say what way it's a sin to take the Lord's name in vain, it says it's a sin. It could be using Oh my God, Oh my gosh, G--damn, goddang, good God Almighty etc. You'll first have to understand the meaning of the world "idiom".

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Mike you are a complete jerk.Did you even READ my post? Mike I supported OBAMA but I'd take one Silvercoast over ten thousand sorry Mike Duquettes.Do you understand that? Is it clear? There is something wrong with you boy.Something causes you to constantly judge and demean others.Silvercoast is an easy target, with his views on racial separation, but your constant attacks on the women on this forum are bizarre at best.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Two things we agree on is I never waiver from my PRINCIPLES(note correct spelling)and you admit you are an ass and racist and you admit it. Does that make you a good-hearted being? Not IMO. Secondly, don't assume anything of anyone! I am not a democrat or a repub--after 2008 election I registered as an Independent so hopefully that will resinate in that brainof yours. Your aforementioned fags, spooks, and ttb's is appalling and makes me want to punch your lights out for good. And I don't need a double barrel to do so. My gun is where it's supposed to be--on my nightstand to protect my family period. As for my circle of friends--don't have many close, close friends and the ones I do have would be there in a second. My take on friends-- I would rather have one true friend then a thousand acquaintances. As for you bowing out----good for you and good luck.
You misspelled"resonate" .Nobody is perfect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it? I said I had and X, that is all. You guys added your assumptions latter when looking for things to personally attack me on. Go back and read the posts. You assumed X meant I was married. That is because you do not pay attention well and assume what you cannot or do not know. You guys made a myth up and you still believe the myth even after being corrected. You can find evidence of it, yet you chose to just believe the myth. Typical believers.
You said you were divorced and your wife cheated on you. I'm not about to go through umpteenth thousand of your inane posts to prove what you said. You also said you have a son. Did we just assume you have a son or an X son or is he, too a myth? When Silver posted the site from the NCDC, was that you, the X you, or could it be you with just a grain of truth or Mike the myth? I don't really care either way, because you're making yourself look silly with this going back and forth over what you said, but that's not really what you said game.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You misspelled"resonate" .Nobody is perfect.
Come on Waco---quit being ignorant. I spelled it correctly and who flippen gives a crap. You're a smart guy so quit trying to manufacture an argument---your words. You are begfinning to sound like Mike
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

BEGINNING!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Damn bacon for a minute I thought I was going crazy.I recall the while thing as well the divorce, the son , the whole nine yards.The thing is, this is not the"Mike Duquette"forum, I think maybe the best thing to do is simply ignore the guy.Then he can fight with the newer posters to his hearts content.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Waco---quit being ignorant. I spelled it correctly and who flippen gives a crap. You're a smart guy so quit trying to manufacture an argument---your words. You are begfinning to sound like Mike
You said you were a great speller.Its"resonate ", not"resinate". No argument.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Snore wrote:
BEGINNING!
Snore...i'm aware that you simply hit the wrong key on"beginning".
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

FOR WACO----do you have access to google or bing?Your RESONATE word is a totally different word with a totally different meaning. I will help you on this one----RESONATE---having to do with sound; an echo. Did you smoke a lot of weed in your heyday that the resin has permanently marinated your brain cells a bit. You are right---nobody is perfect and that includes me.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Snore...let's start over.I'm Waco.I live in Texas.Nice to meet you.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You said you were a great speller.Its"resonate ", not"resinate". No argument.
Because you have nothing to argue about. I hopefully cleared this futile "argument" up!! OK

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

res·o·nate
/&#712;rez&#601;&# 716;n&#257;t/
Verb

Produce or be filled with a deep, full, reverberating sound.
Evoke or suggest images, memories, and emotions.

Synonyms
resound - reverberate - sound - echo

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

res·in·ate
/&#712;rez&#601;&# 716;n&#257;t/
Verb
Impregnate or flavor with resin.
Noun
A salt of an acid derived from resin.
Synonyms
resin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I have a new question for gift selection. I want to buy my great nephews pogo sticks for Christmas and their mother is afraid they'll get hurt on them. I would never go against her wishes because with my luck one or both would break an arm or collarbone and I'd never hear the end of it; however, I just don't think buying boys pogo sticks is anymore dangerous than them riding their bikes around the neighborhood. I'm not asking for an agreement, but for those of you that have raised boys, what is a fun gift and not dangerous? All I'm left with is buying a gift card to Toys R Us or a nerf ball, which I don't think causes too many serious injuries. Ok, I can't let it go, it's a pogo stick, not an Ak-47. My daughter had one at their age and apparently being old school as I am, it never crossed my mind they would need a helmet, knee pads goggles and the whole nine yards to jump up and down on a pogo stick. I have thought about a skateboard, and I can understand the helmet, but they can get hurt on that too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Snore wrote:
FOR WACO----do you have access to google or bing?Your RESONATE word is a totally different word with a totally different meaning. I will help you on this one----RESONATE---having to do with sound; an echo. Did you smoke a lot of weed in your heyday that the resin has permanently marinated your brain cells a bit. You are right---nobody is perfect and that includes me.
No, he has stated before he doesn't have a computer. He uses his phone. He has something better than a computer, google or bing, he has Emlu!!! Behind every man is a good woman and IMO, you can't find a better woman than one from N.C. Waco is one lucky guy!!!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Thanks emlu.I knew snore had used the wrong word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
I have a new question for gift selection. I want to buy my great nephews pogo sticks for Christmas and their mother is afraid they'll get hurt on them. I would never go against her wishes because with my luck one or both would break an arm or collarbone and I'd never hear the end of it; however, I just don't think buying boys pogo sticks is anymore dangerous than them riding their bikes around the neighborhood. I'm not asking for an agreement, but for those of you that have raised boys, what is a fun gift and not dangerous? All I'm left with is buying a gift card to Toys R Us or a nerf ball, which I don't think causes too many serious injuries. Ok, I can't let it go, it's a pogo stick, not an Ak-47. My daughter had one at their age and apparently being old school as I am, it never crossed my mind they would need a helmet, knee pads goggles and the whole nine yards to jump up and down on a pogo stick. I have thought about a skateboard, and I can understand the helmet, but they can get hurt on that too.
Mornin Bacon, I'm for the pogo sticks. Plus my boss just said "Pogo sticks, for one thing it will teach balance and coordination. They will also learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time, something the youth of today can't do." His words not mine. Though I do agree with the balance thing. Keeping a strong "core" is major in fitness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,981 - 29,000 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Belmont cycle shop moves shop 10 hr Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) 10 hr Manny 225
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) 21 hr benson 12
Charles ''Charley'' & Melinda Herman!! Wed Carolinagurl88 1
dog food Jul 8 Go Blue Forever 6
Jacksonville man bit by venemous snake Jul 6 peggy wilson 1
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Jul 5 Mayhem Deluxe 30
•••
•••