|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think the words "I would think they are not complete fabrications", means I believe they are true, then we have big problems to sort out.
I was saying, I cannot know have any truth or not, and no one can, so if you believe this, you have blind faith. Not sure why you wish to make this complicated, as I am sure you know what I am talking about. Stop playing stupid, it is getting so tedious. I tried to show some nuance and you just took it completely wrong. I guess I have to keep everything black and white for you, as you cannot comprehend the grey.
Maybe you just like to play gotcha, I do not know, but it is silly, immature, and not intellectual.
Most stories have grain of truth. That does not mean they are true stories. Comprehend?
You stop playing stupid. If you don't think they're complete fabrications, then you believe there is some truth?? You use the old grain of truth defense, so you can argue an opinion you disagree with. You don't care if women were mistreated according to the Bible, you only use that "grain of truth" to argue inequality. I don't see you arguing that you should love your neighbor as yourself as the Bible states. Do you think there's a grain of truth in this scripture? My favorite of yours' is the Bible says "you should turn the other cheek", does this just happen to have another "grain of truth" you've managed to find to fit a debate you're having? You ever heard "a half truth is a lie?" I happen to agree with with this, so why don't you just state the Bible is a lie in your opinion and move on. You can't believe there's some truth to the Bible only when it fits your agenda and then call the rest of what you don't agree with lies. Yes, you do need to keep everything black and white with me, because unlike you, I don't hide under gray areas for a scapegoat. If calling you out on this BS you throw around on here acting as though it's the gospel (no pun intended), is gotcha, silly games, at least I'm intellectual enough to getcha!!! You've been owned big guy. BTW, if you want to know the meaning of blind faith, look it up. It's not difficult. In your words, "I'm not doing your research for you".

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Running from the debate? Typical republican/Christian.
Wasn't it you the other day whining when someone said something about crickets chirping when a poster smoked you on religion? Just like you, I don't jump just because you post something and I sure as heck am not afraid to debate, or discuss a subject with you.
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it you the other day whining when someone said something about crickets chirping when a poster smoked you on religion? Just like you, I don't jump just because you post something and I sure as heck am not afraid to debate, or discuss a subject with you.
Someone must have changed Mikey's diaper, breast fed him and put him back in his cage, Bacon. There's got to be a reason for the spoiled brat's psychotic behavior and attention deficit disorder. Either Mikey's off his meds or someone should call Animal Control and have his zookeepers checked out for chump abuse.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>Someone must have changed Mikey's diaper, breast fed him and put him back in his cage, Bacon. There's got to be a reason for the spoiled brat's psychotic behavior and attention deficit disorder. Either Mikey's off his meds or someone should call Animal Control and have his zookeepers checked out for chump abuse.
The on-going onslaught of same numbskull, different name. Right, Gail?
Mrs Hoffman

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Frig yous crackahs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Mrs Hoffman wrote:
Frig yous crackahs.
Another gem, Gail.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Well, Silver, Bacon, you guys should be proud. Looks like the "wealthy democrats" are following your lead and moving their bucks off shore. First the Costco guy and now google. I think they were both on a "Presidential" council somewhere. According to a couple of posters on here they are traitors right? Not smart business people right? Lord, I can only hope they are typical democrat/Christians. Bacon your correct in the "grain of truth". To me, makes the entire grain field true.
Mr Anderson

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
The on-going onslaught of same numbskull, different name. Right, Gail?
What the hell is it with you redbone? Every time you disagree with a comment you blame your ex-redbone lover Gail. I'm sure you see white boogie men under your crib too. You're just as nutty as your gay bro Mikey. The only difference between you two is that you're still hiding your homosexuality but you can't hide your redbone, kaffir boy.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>As human culture progressed, most RELIGIONS progressed. As with life in general, humans advance in some way, shape, fashion or form. PROGRESSION is a subject you never address on here. Freedom to worship is a double edge sword. You can worship whom you please, just as a religion can make it own rules. BTW why do you seem to always target Christianity? Ever seen a female "Dalai Lama"? Equal to me means I can choose any religion I want, therefore I will accept the perspective of the religion.
I pointed to Islam in this debate on women's rights. Guess you missed it. I am sure if there were any Muslims or Hindu's here, I would be talking about them more, but we only have Christians here, so I speak of your religion.

Yes, humans progress, but this is not due to religion, it is due to mans learning. Religion often lags behind the learning curve and clearly so on equal rights, as I gave evidence to. It is my claim that religion is holding us back from progress. When the secular society screams loud enough, religion eventually caves in to the progress. Even some Muslim societies are now showing some more rights for women. Not due to any events of god or religion, it is due to secularism.

The equality of being religious or not is the secular freedoms America is giving. Most all religious scripture 'demand' the people join their team. Many have enforced this by death and torture. See the inquisitions and crusades for evidence.

People came to the Americas for religious freedom that Europe was not giving. They were demanding certain forms of Christianity.
You will not see me 'demanding' anyone leave religion. You will not see me asking them to get their own island. To do so would be anti American. Anyone who says anything like this should be condemned. I see none of you condemned Waco when he did so. In fact, he got multiple 'agreement' icons.
So who is for freedom and equality here? It sure does not look like your team.
Maybe you should police your own team for a start in the battle of equality. Kind of like the Muslims who refused to condemn the attack of 9/11. It only makes your team look culpable.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see the connection of your claims. I do not run from debates. I try to answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. I continue with any and all follow ups. Do you? No. Does anyone on your team do this? No.
And just who "smoked" me on religion? The debate you refer to was about someone who claims no religion. We had a civil, intellectual, and fairly thorough debate. You should go back and read it to see how it is done.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
You stop playing stupid. If you don't think they're complete fabrications, then you believe there is some truth?? You use the old grain of truth defense, so you can argue an opinion you disagree with. You don't care if women were mistreated according to the Bible, you only use that "grain of truth" to argue inequality. I don't see you arguing that you should love your neighbor as yourself as the Bible states. Do you think there's a grain of truth in this scripture? My favorite of yours' is the Bible says "you should turn the other cheek", does this just happen to have another "grain of truth" you've managed to find to fit a debate you're having? You ever heard "a half truth is a lie?" I happen to agree with with this, so why don't you just state the Bible is a lie in your opinion and move on. You can't believe there's some truth to the Bible only when it fits your agenda and then call the rest of what you don't agree with lies. Yes, you do need to keep everything black and white with me, because unlike you, I don't hide under gray areas for a scapegoat. If calling you out on this BS you throw around on here acting as though it's the gospel (no pun intended), is gotcha, silly games, at least I'm intellectual enough to getcha!!! You've been owned big guy. BTW, if you want to know the meaning of blind faith, look it up. It's not difficult. In your words, "I'm not doing your research for you".
Clearly you do not remember what I said about "turning the other cheek" I do not agree with it, nor do I agree with "an eye for an eye". Both of these views are far to black and white for my tastes. My view is somewhere in the middle, just as our justice system is. You see, our American justice system does not follow the bibles ways here in any absolute manner.

I have thoroughly explained how I view the bibles accuracy. You just seem to think it is wishy washy. So? You see in black and white, so everything that is not, is wishy washy to you.

You see, if I think the bible is saying something good, it is not due to any blind faith, it is due to my reasoning due to my knowledge of good and bad. I accept nothing in the bible due to the claim a god said so. That is blind faith.
I do not then need to accept a claim in the bible as historically accurate.

You seem to confuse me with those Christians that actually believe in the bible with blind faith, yet do not believe in the whole bible with blind faith. Now that is a contradiction.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I pointed to Islam in this debate on women's rights. Guess you missed it. I am sure if there were any Muslims or Hindu's here, I would be talking about them more, but we only have Christians here, so I speak of your religion.
Yes, humans progress, but this is not due to religion, it is due to mans learning. Religion often lags behind the learning curve and clearly so on equal rights, as I gave evidence to. It is my claim that religion is holding us back from progress. When the secular society screams loud enough, religion eventually caves in to the progress. Even some Muslim societies are now showing some more rights for women. Not due to any events of god or religion, it is due to secularism.
The equality of being religious or not is the secular freedoms America is giving. Most all religious scripture 'demand' the people join their team. Many have enforced this by death and torture. See the inquisitions and crusades for evidence.
People came to the Americas for religious freedom that Europe was not giving. They were demanding certain forms of Christianity.
You will not see me 'demanding' anyone leave religion. You will not see me asking them to get their own island. To do so would be anti American. Anyone who says anything like this should be condemned. I see none of you condemned Waco when he did so. In fact, he got multiple 'agreement' icons.
So who is for freedom and equality here? It sure does not look like your team.
Maybe you should police your own team for a start in the battle of equality. Kind of like the Muslims who refused to condemn the attack of 9/11. It only makes your team look culpable.
I didn't know individual opinion was a "team" effort, therefore I'm not "policing" anyone. I'm glad you know everyone's religion on here, you have been posting longer than I. So, you are saying religion has not changed in thousands of years? Religion doesn't have to be equal, it's a choice. An individual choice. You have made your and I have made mine, is that not equal? I believe waco was being sarcastic. One more question on that "grain of truth" thing, exactly what "grain" do you find truthful? It's a big wheat field and I find each grain connected.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

emlu wrote:
Well, Silver, Bacon, you guys should be proud. Looks like the "wealthy democrats" are following your lead and moving their bucks off shore. First the Costco guy and now google. I think they were both on a "Presidential" council somewhere. According to a couple of posters on here they are traitors right? Not smart business people right? Lord, I can only hope they are typical democrat/Christians. Bacon your correct in the "grain of truth". To me, makes the entire grain field true.
Do you believe in every word of the bible? If so, then you should accept the commands I quoted that keep women from teaching.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see the connection of your claims. I do not run from debates. I try to answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. I continue with any and all follow ups. Do you? No. Does anyone on your team do this? No.
And just who "smoked" me on religion? The debate you refer to was about someone who claims no religion. We had a civil, intellectual, and fairly thorough debate. You should go back and read it to see how it is done.
I read it, and Seven smoked you and you know it. He ate your lunch and pretty much spit it back at you and if a team won, it was team Seven. He had a civil, intellectual and thorough debate and IMO, the best you could do was try to make excuses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe in every word of the bible? If so, then you should accept the commands I quoted that keep women from teaching.
Are you running Mike?? I asked what grain you believe in and yet..no answer. Yes I believe the Bible. BTW Psalm 68:11 Again, name your grain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Mike no "opinion" on dems moving the money? Didn't you have truck loads to say to Silver and Bacon? I see with you the "goose, gander" thing is not OK. That just down right "unequal" of you. Maybe you just like staying with a debate older that most countries.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

"than" most countries

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Anyone care to guess what the "union" vote in gonna be Michigan?
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

The republikans have the votes to make Michigan a right to work state and the lame ducks will vote that way. Republikans didn't learn anything from the last election because they just continue attacking large segments of the voting public to prove that they are against everything except tax breaks for the rich.. The Whig aristocrat party's time has passed long ago due to adaptability . It looks like their republikan descendants are destined to the same fate for the same reason.

emlu wrote:
Anyone care to guess what the "union" vote in gonna be Michigan?
TSF

Kenly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

due to lack of adaptability

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads 3 hr leslis 10
Forbes - Charlotte In Top 10 Most Miserable Cities (Feb '08) 15 hr Ura Dickhole 65
Wachovia Customers Beware Wells Fargo Online Bi... (Apr '11) Wed Abby 126
Charlotte agency offers low-cost hearing aids f... Wed Jessie 2
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Wed chrissy nunya 129
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Aug 18 Yueyang Chen 62
CMPD: 2 police officers shot in northeast Charl... Aug 17 JimmyJ 1

Search the Charlotte Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE