“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#29977 Dec 10, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Before we continue this conversation, just so I won't pervert the meaning of a word because it doesn't support your point in the discussion, please tell me your "unperverted" definition of blind faith. I got minr from the dictionary, do you now question the dictionary as well when it goes against your opinion?
Again, you have not shown I am ignorant of what I am talking about, so even with your definition, you have not shown I have blind faith.

I see blind faith as making positive and absolute claims with zero evidence.

This debate is akin to calling atheism a religion. Theists seem to want atheists to be following what they are for some reason.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29978 Dec 10, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that and I'd even bet your exwife would beg to differ.
Thanks for the immature opinion. Grow up.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29979 Dec 10, 2012
emlu wrote:
On an "opinion forum" no "proof" is necessary. It's an OPINION. When you "debate" you need to have facts/proof.
Example of not understanding: Oppression of women in the Bible. They didn't have Ebay CEO's then I'll let you connect the dots. The women kept households going which reflected positively on the family/tribe. Hence the saying "behind every successful man". As for the 700 wives, again, reflected a successful man, for it was frowned upon to take more wives than you could properly care for and support.
I believe much of this philosophy, revered then as a moral way of life, has been lost in the society of today.
I once again must point out the sheer excellence of a post made by someone who isn't interested in mere"name calling".Great job emlu dear.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29981 Dec 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you have not shown I am ignorant of what I am talking about, so even with your definition, you have not shown I have blind faith.
I see blind faith as making positive and absolute claims with zero evidence.
This debate is akin to calling atheism a religion. Theists seem to want atheists to be following what they are for some reason.
Again, you are ignorant to the fact you contradicted yourself, therefore this debate by is akin to you trying to make filet mignon out of livermush. What you see and the definition of the word are two different meanings. Are you now rewriting the dictionary to prove your points? I'm going to have to let you babble on with someone else because you can't keep your train of thought straight. You have zero substance or understanding.
reassurance

Kenly, NC

#29982 Dec 10, 2012
Absence makers the heart grow fonder--- of someone else.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Here here doll. Here here. I would not be where I am and about to go with out my wife. She has blessed me with 4 great kids and has kept a fantasic home. I owe her more than a life debt. Which is why I will go where ever she says. My job to make her miss me while I am gone, her job to make me not want to leave is how we view it at times.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29983 Dec 10, 2012
reassurance wrote:
Absence makers the heart grow fonder--- of someone else.
<quoted text>
I usually mess the person who is absent....like crazy...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29985 Dec 10, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I usually mess the person who is absent....like crazy...
Me too!!!
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29986 Dec 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I answer with my opinion. I ask nothing more for you to do the same. Clearly none of you can handle even that task. This is an opinion forum. When are you going to understand this?
This is an opinion forum.
All work and no play makes Johnie a dull boy. Ha ha.
Imo, this is clearly OCD.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29987 Dec 10, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Me too!!!
Great minds think alike!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29989 Dec 10, 2012
All atheists have a perfect right to their opinions.They should have their own island.

Location hidden

#29991 Dec 10, 2012
Just wondering, Taxpayer. Since Mitt is currently on the Marriott Board of Directors, If I stay there and check out , when I pay my bill will I be taxed and will that tax deprive me of my liberty as a citizen?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29992 Dec 10, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you go back to double standards-
This is your post Mike:
"For the record, I would think some of the claims of the bible are not complete fabrications. But we cannot know which are and which are not. So if someone is making a serious claim about a god, and we cannot know if he is being truthful, or the writing is accurate, why follow the claim as if a god actually made said statements or had such wants? This is blind faith."
If you don't believe in God or the Bible, why would you say "I would think some of the claims of the Bible are not complete fabrications. You need to find you a story and stick to it. You can't believe one without believing the other. The whole paragraph is cluster mess. First, for the record you think some of the claims of the Bible are not complete fabrications; however, you question if the author of the scripture is truthful and accurate and then ask why follow the claim as if a god actually made said statements. If you believe some of the claims are not complete fabrications, you are going off blind faith.
If you think the words "I would think they are not complete fabrications", means I believe they are true, then we have big problems to sort out.
I was saying, I cannot know have any truth or not, and no one can, so if you believe this, you have blind faith. Not sure why you wish to make this complicated, as I am sure you know what I am talking about. Stop playing stupid, it is getting so tedious. I tried to show some nuance and you just took it completely wrong. I guess I have to keep everything black and white for you, as you cannot comprehend the grey.
Maybe you just like to play gotcha, I do not know, but it is silly, immature, and not intellectual.

Most stories have grain of truth. That does not mean they are true stories. Comprehend?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29993 Dec 10, 2012
emlu wrote:
On an "opinion forum" no "proof" is necessary. It's an OPINION. When you "debate" you need to have facts/proof.
Example of not understanding: Oppression of women in the Bible. They didn't have Ebay CEO's then I'll let you connect the dots. The women kept households going which reflected positively on the family/tribe. Hence the saying "behind every successful man". As for the 700 wives, again, reflected a successful man, for it was frowned upon to take more wives than you could properly care for and support.
I believe much of this philosophy, revered then as a moral way of life, has been lost in the society of today.
I gave evidence in the form of scriptures and the hierarchy of churches not allowing women, to prove my point on inequality in Christianity. Now you tried to refute my evidence by pointing out a 'few' churches have 'some' women in 'some' higher positions. Guess you think 'equal' means a tiny bit?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29994 Dec 10, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
All atheists have a perfect right to their opinions.They should have their own island.
How intolerant can one be? I do not like religion, but I defend ones right to religion. Now do not confuse my opposition to be intolerance, as you have never seen me say anything like the religious should be on their own island.
I am sure you will make some vague accusation now, with zero evidence for support like you always do.
Your posts really have become useless. I know you just like to piss me off, as you stated the other day, you get off on it. I should probably just ignore your posts.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29995 Dec 10, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are ignorant to the fact you contradicted yourself, therefore this debate by is akin to you trying to make filet mignon out of livermush. What you see and the definition of the word are two different meanings. Are you now rewriting the dictionary to prove your points? I'm going to have to let you babble on with someone else because you can't keep your train of thought straight. You have zero substance or understanding.
First, you did not even show a link to your supposed definition. Usually when I fact check your posted definitions, I find you leave out the parts that make me look correct. It is call 'cherry picking'. Seems to be a trend here.

But I have never even heard of a hard definition of phrases as general as this.
I see you still have not shown what I am ignorant about in religion, so you have yet to give evidence of your charge. In a court of law, the case you present would be thrown out due to lack of evidence.
Really, if you are going to charge someone, show evidence.
You really have some nerve claiming victory when you refuse to provide evidence of your claim. But I suppose this is typical of those who have blind faith. You do not understand the need for evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29996 Dec 10, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
I see at least three others gave you agreement icons, so three others here are intolerant of ones non belief. How anti American and anti freedom. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. But I know the bible demands you kill me, so I understand where your intolerance comes from. That immoral bible.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29997 Dec 10, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Running from the debate? Typical republican/Christian.
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#29998 Dec 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I gave evidence in the form of scriptures and the hierarchy of churches not allowing women, to prove my point on inequality in Christianity. Now you tried to refute my evidence by pointing out a 'few' churches have 'some' women in 'some' higher positions. Guess you think 'equal' means a tiny bit?
As human culture progressed, most RELIGIONS progressed. As with life in general, humans advance in some way, shape, fashion or form. PROGRESSION is a subject you never address on here. Freedom to worship is a double edge sword. You can worship whom you please, just as a religion can make it own rules. BTW why do you seem to always target Christianity? Ever seen a female "Dalai Lama"? Equal to me means I can choose any religion I want, therefore I will accept the perspective of the religion.

Location hidden

#29999 Dec 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think the words "I would think they are not complete fabrications", means I believe they are true, then we have big problems to sort out.
I was saying, I cannot know have any truth or not, and no one can, so if you believe this, you have blind faith. Not sure why you wish to make this complicated, as I am sure you know what I am talking about. Stop playing stupid, it is getting so tedious. I tried to show some nuance and you just took it completely wrong. I guess I have to keep everything black and white for you, as you cannot comprehend the grey.
Maybe you just like to play gotcha, I do not know, but it is silly, immature, and not intellectual.
Most stories have grain of truth. That does not mean they are true stories. Comprehend?
You stop playing stupid. If you don't think they're complete fabrications, then you believe there is some truth?? You use the old grain of truth defense, so you can argue an opinion you disagree with. You don't care if women were mistreated according to the Bible, you only use that "grain of truth" to argue inequality. I don't see you arguing that you should love your neighbor as yourself as the Bible states. Do you think there's a grain of truth in this scripture? My favorite of yours' is the Bible says "you should turn the other cheek", does this just happen to have another "grain of truth" you've managed to find to fit a debate you're having? You ever heard "a half truth is a lie?" I happen to agree with with this, so why don't you just state the Bible is a lie in your opinion and move on. You can't believe there's some truth to the Bible only when it fits your agenda and then call the rest of what you don't agree with lies. Yes, you do need to keep everything black and white with me, because unlike you, I don't hide under gray areas for a scapegoat. If calling you out on this BS you throw around on here acting as though it's the gospel (no pun intended), is gotcha, silly games, at least I'm intellectual enough to getcha!!! You've been owned big guy. BTW, if you want to know the meaning of blind faith, look it up. It's not difficult. In your words, "I'm not doing your research for you".

Location hidden

#30000 Dec 10, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Running from the debate? Typical republican/Christian.
Wasn't it you the other day whining when someone said something about crickets chirping when a poster smoked you on religion? Just like you, I don't jump just because you post something and I sure as heck am not afraid to debate, or discuss a subject with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany Wright - WSOC-TV 19 hr Grams 5
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Mon Jessica g 132
dog food Mon You seen that boy 8
lookin for that boy. where's he at (Mar '14) Mon You seen that boy 16
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Sep 26 akita96th 237
Woman Taken From North Charlotte Parking Lot, S... (Sep '07) Sep 24 me 2
DIRECTV Referral Code at Maximum savings (Costc... (Aug '12) Sep 23 Crystal 64
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Charlotte Jobs

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]