Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,441)

Showing posts 28,801 - 28,820 of49,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29909
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Just walk around in Wall Mart in Lenoir on any weekend and observe the strong evidence of early modern humans interbreeding with neanderthals. Exactly why natural selection has allowed these genetic traits to survive at such frequency in Lenoir and not in other locations around the world has not been clearly explained by science.
emlu wrote:
Here's an "evolution" theory for those interested:
http://www.livescience.com/25361-monkeys-show...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29910
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

TSF wrote:
Just walk around in Wall Mart in Lenoir on any weekend and observe the strong evidence of early modern humans interbreeding with neanderthals. Exactly why natural selection has allowed these genetic traits to survive at such frequency in Lenoir and not in other locations around the world has not been clearly explained by science.
<quoted text>
Hence the "People of Walmart" website TSF. It doesn't seem to be one specific location, it seems to be a "global" thing. I think there might be one in Lillington NC as well.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29911
Dec 9, 2012
 
Neanderthal, that is to say..

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29912
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

emlu wrote:
Neanderthal, that is to say..
ODDLY enough, Neanderthals actually had larger brains than CRO-Magnons.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29913
Dec 9, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think that make everything OK? It does not.
The reason one may point to the atrocities of religion is to show the philosophy is poor or maybe not of a god. If the philosophy is poor, it is evidence the god may not be so.
You may claim to not follow religion, but you speak of a religion in which you believe, Christianity. You need not be of a denomination or be active in a church to be religious or of a religion. And thus, you are not removed from the points of the atrocities committed in the name of religion.
What you say about god is all due to religion. You do not think in a vacuum. You do not live in a vacuum.
Do you think the bible is of a god? If so, then you follow religion.
I am simply not religious.Any more than you are a Parisian.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29914
Dec 9, 2012
 
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> ODDLY enough, Neanderthals actually had larger brains than CRO-Magnons.
I appreciate that, Waco. My birth certificate says 'Neanderthal Combo Burger' on it and I knew there was a special scientifically proven reason for my vast thinking ability. LOL

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29915
Dec 9, 2012
 
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate that, Waco. My birth certificate says 'Neanderthal Combo Burger' on it and I knew there was a special scientifically proven reason for my vast thinking ability. LOL
hahaha :)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29916
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You post scripture of the bible. Are you saying this must be true?
If so, then you are of religion.
Lets look closely at this scripture.
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
The Purpose of John’s Gospel
30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
So why is one blessed just because they believe without seeing? The bible does not say, do you have an answer?
I do not believe just because some claim is written. This scripture seems to think if something is written, it is evidence of a true claim. Do you believe claims just because they are "written"? If so, then you follow religion, and that would contradict what you agreed with Waco on.
I see it this way. Any leader would love for you to believe his words are perfect and of a god, just due to it being written. So the motive to say this is strong. But anyone who believes such a claim without evidence is just gullible.
If you fall for this, it makes me understand you falling for all sorts of propaganda that is devoid of evidence.
Mike, do you believe in "blind faith"?

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29917
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if I do not respond within three hours of someones post, you think I have no rebuttal? You clearly cannot see a trend.
I'd say you have no sane rebuttal.
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29918
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, look, another childish poster from the opposition. Does your team have any grownups?
Care to actually try and refute my post, or are you just going to personally attack me?
I see you have no rebuttal.
The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious,
But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up;
The words of his mouth begin with foolishness,
And the end of his talk is raving madness.
A fool also multitudes his words.
No one knows what is to be;
Who can tell the fool what will be after him?
Ecclesiastes 10:12-14
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29919
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You post scripture of the bible. Are you saying this must be true?
If so, then you are of religion.
Lets look closely at this scripture.
29 Then Jesus told him,“Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
The Purpose of John’s Gospel
30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
So why is one blessed just because they believe without seeing? The bible does not say, do you have an answer?
I do not believe just because some claim is written. This scripture seems to think if something is written, it is evidence of a true claim. Do you believe claims just because they are "written"? If so, then you follow religion, and that would contradict what you agreed with Waco on.
I see it this way. Any leader would love for you to believe his words are perfect and of a god, just due to it being written. So the motive to say this is strong. But anyone who believes such a claim without evidence is just gullible.
If you fall for this, it makes me understand you falling for all sorts of propaganda that is devoid of evidence.
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good. Psalm 14:1

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
But he who heeds counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15

Wisdom is too lofty for a fool;
He does not open his mouth in the gate. Proverbs 24:7

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29920
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious,
But the lips of a fool shall swallow him up;
The words of his mouth begin with foolishness,
And the end of his talk is raving madness.
A fool also multitudes his words.
No one knows what is to be;
Who can tell the fool what will be after him?
Ecclesiastes 10:12-14
That really is outstanding.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29921
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good. Psalm 14:1
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
But he who heeds counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15
Wisdom is too lofty for a fool;
He does not open his mouth in the gate. Proverbs 24:7
King Solomon, the accepted writer of Provebs, had 700 wives and 300 concibines.....When did he find time to do any writing? I wonder how the current laws would treat him today?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29922
Dec 9, 2012
 
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon, the accepted writer of Provebs, had 700 wives and 300 concibines.....When did he find time to do any writing? I wonder how the current laws would treat him today?
Sorry for this, but maybe he was a minuteman.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29923
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon, the accepted writer of Provebs, had 700 wives and 300 concibines.....When did he find time to do any writing? I wonder how the current laws would treat him today?
Arnold, you left out the fact he lived to be only 60 years old and God said he was the wisest man (human) after Him. I figure if he could juggle all those women, not only write, but edit the scriptures he's given credit for; today's law would have been a breeze for him.:) The man accomplished a lot in 60 years which is a short lifespan even by today's standards, you think today's laws would have tripped him up?

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29924
Dec 9, 2012
 
Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good. Psalm 14:1
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
But he who heeds counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15
Wisdom is too lofty for a fool;
He does not open his mouth in the gate. Proverbs 24:7
You're getting good at this...
Maumeaux

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29925
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
King Solomon, the accepted writer of Provebs, had 700 wives and 300 concibines.....When did he find time to do any writing? I wonder how the current laws would treat him today?
When God asked Solomon at the beginning of his reign to name a gift, he asked for "wisdom and knowledge" to rule the Israelite people well(2 Ch 1:10). God granted this. Most of Solomon's proverbs were written during his early years as king, before he was led astray by "many foreign women" to include seven hundred wives, princesses, and 300 concubines from many kingdoms, which Solomon had treaties (1 Kg 11:1,3). The Bible clearly notes that Solomon had faults as well as elements of greatness. The bottom line is God kept His Word to Solomon by granting him his wisdom and knowledge.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29926
Dec 9, 2012
 
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for this, but maybe he was a minuteman.
Compared to me...everyone is....LOL...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29927
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Maumeaux wrote:
<quoted text>When God asked Solomon at the beginning of his reign to name a gift, he asked for "wisdom and knowledge" to rule the Israelite people well(2 Ch 1:10). God granted this. Most of Solomon's proverbs were written during his early years as king, before he was led astray by "many foreign women" to include seven hundred wives, princesses, and 300 concubines from many kingdoms, which Solomon had treaties (1 Kg 11:1,3). The Bible clearly notes that Solomon had faults as well as elements of greatness. The bottom line is God kept His Word to Solomon by granting him his wisdom and knowledge.
Having 700 wives is not my idea of a wise man. Having 700 books...well, that's more like it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29928
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>"Today it is possible to not only read hieroglyphics, but also the ancient cuneiform writings. Astoundingly, the ancient relics have succeeded in silencing many of the Biblical critics. The harmony between Scripture and archaeological findings has shed new light upon the debate."
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_arc...
Thought you might want to check this site, a pastor said I should check it because I asked him about Biblical writings "other" than the Bible. It's quite interesting how there is a correlation between the "written word" and "ancient hieroglyphics".
I read quite a bit of it, and could find no scriptures cited that actually lined up with anything they claimed. The few scriptures they posted, showed no correlation. Not sure what you see in this site, but I see a lot of babbling about nothing specific, and a lot of trying to make the bible sound as if it has some evidence.
The article starts out that it silenced the critics. Give me a break. Pure propaganda.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,801 - 28,820 of49,601
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
dwight powell (Jan '12) 12 hr nc transplant ny 63
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 15 hr nc transplant ny 4,791
black on black crime (Sep '13) Sat thetiming 11
Cruising Charlotte late 60's Early 70's (Mar '13) Sat David Alan 2
Saving Money on Ebay School, work & Christmas (Jul '13) Apr 18 yes 4
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... Apr 17 James Jeffers 39
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Apr 16 Buff Aloe 27
•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••