of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

emlu wrote:
Sounds like someone is pissed at their childhood religion.
Of course believers often think atheists are just bitter about some personal event religion caused in their life. Is it so hard to fathom some just looked at the evidence and arguments and made an alternative conclusion?
The Mormon religion did nothing wrong to me. I do think their views on race are twisted and immoral though. I mean, they really think a god branded dark skin on those who were the enemy.

Interestingly, I do follow the idea of not drinking, smoking, or doing drugs. I do drink coffee and consume other caffeinated products. Although I am careful to take in moderation.
Not sure if I do this due to any Mormon influence or not.

You guys just love to speculate on my personal life.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How many times must I explain this? If you give no opinion, the article is pointless. The article is supposed to be a source of evidence for your claims or position.
I explained why I do not post links for each and every claim I make. It would take way to long for one. Second, many do not doubt some of my claims, so why bother posting evidence to the claim?
I have stated several times, if you doubt a claim I make, I will try to provide evidence if you request it.
In the case of this post, I even acknowledged the claim may not be true. The claim was not integral to the major point anyway.
This is an opinion forum, so I expect your opinion. How is that not clear? My mind is boggled that this opinion forum concept is beyond your understanding.
If you post several places for me to read something, if you give no opinion, I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking for in the article. I am not going to waste my time reading it, trying to wonder just what the republican/Christian mind is thinking about it.
So far in this debate about female equality in religion, I have seen your side offering very little opinion or evidence of equality. I am inclined to think you do not really believe that religion is a good promoter of equality.
In fact, the entire idea of religious faith is centered upon the concept of joining the team or being outcasts. There is no equality in that concept.
This typifies all that I have a problem with in religion. It is not the best formula for what is good or moral.
Your team likes to think it is the only way to morality, but I challenge that claim. The example of female equality is great for this debate. Yet I am hearing very little effort from your team to defend equality.
You claim Emlu can articulate her own defense of the issues. How can you know, as she never even tries?
Mike, let's take your first paragraph; maybe the article is their point/opinion and the link posted can go into greater depth than we have time on here to do. I try to post the link, versus the link verbatim in its' entirety(?) due to space. From now on, so you won't be confused, we should post "Mike this link/site coincides with my opinion" and you'll be less confused. We don't mind helping you out a little :)

As far as Emlu articulating the defense of issues on here, AGAIN, Mike you're the only one that doesn't understand her stance. As I stated the other day, maybe it's you, not everyone else. I never read where anyone else has problems with her "articulation" of her opinion.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, let's take your first paragraph; maybe the article is their point/opinion and the link posted can go into greater depth than we have time on here to do. I try to post the link, versus the link verbatim in its' entirety(?) due to space. From now on, so you won't be confused, we should post "Mike this link/site coincides with my opinion" and you'll be less confused. We don't mind helping you out a little :)
As far as Emlu articulating the defense of issues on here, AGAIN, Mike you're the only one that doesn't understand her stance. As I stated the other day, maybe it's you, not everyone else. I never read where anyone else has problems with her "articulation" of her opinion.
So now you speak for all on this forum? Wow. Ever think others just do not wish to make note of her lack of articulation?

Note how Emlu posted a quote about communism but did not explain if it was her opinion? I doubt it was, so what was the point of the quote? You seem to know what see meant, so maybe you can explain it?

If you cannot fit your paste job and opinion on the same post, fine. Write your opinion on the preceding post or something. At the least, tell us if the article reflects your views perfectly or not. I cannot imagine someone speaking for me like that, but maybe you do, who knows?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So now you speak for all on this forum? Wow. Ever think others just do not wish to make note of her lack of articulation?
Note how Emlu posted a quote about communism but did not explain if it was her opinion? I doubt it was, so what was the point of the quote? You seem to know what see meant, so maybe you can explain it?
If you cannot fit your paste job and opinion on the same post, fine. Write your opinion on the preceding post or something. At the least, tell us if the article reflects your views perfectly or not. I cannot imagine someone speaking for me like that, but maybe you do, who knows?
There you go again double standard Mike. Remember when you always used the term "we"? I did call you out on it and you have every right to call me out on using it; however, no one ever backed you up on the "we" and I believe I've seen more than one poster agree with Lu. So which is it, you can use the term "we" and that's okey dokey but I can't? Make up your mind and as I said, we'll try to help you with your chronic state of confusion.

BTW, I've been reading the posts between you guys on religion not communism. However, if you want my opinion, I'll give it. Communism is the ownership of all property, the rich, the middle and the lower class and is given to everyone on a needs basis. Well buddy, we're headed there. What can you or I give to a millionaire/billionaire? We know what our government wants to do is to tax them more and you and I will also feel the pinch, or I will anyway, and give away the money on a needs basis for people that haven't hit a lick at a black snake. To you, that may seem to be a fair deal; however, we've worked too hard at our house to hand over money to people that never have and never will work because it's handed to them.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Mike your constant harping to emlu is beginning to sound strident and a bit desperate.You sound like the most bitter man on earth.So far you've lost every"debate"you've gotten into.I wanted to debate about crime, you changed it to religion! The religion thing is driving you nuts.(IMO).........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again double standard Mike. Remember when you always used the term "we"? I did call you out on it and you have every right to call me out on using it; however, no one ever backed you up on the "we" and I believe I've seen more than one poster agree with Lu. So which is it, you can use the term "we" and that's okey dokey but I can't? Make up your mind and as I said, we'll try to help you with your chronic state of confusion.
I was referring to general groups like scientists, or liberals, and I could back up my claims with stats to prove the general consensus.
Now can you show evidence anyone knows what Emlu's opinion is?
I ask again, what is her opinion of the statement she posted about communism? Please help me in this confusion. So far, you are just making excuses for her and yourself.
How can anyone agree with Emlu, when she never really gives an opinion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I've been reading the posts between you guys on religion not communism. However, if you want my opinion, I'll give it. Communism is the ownership of all property, the rich, the middle and the lower class and is given to everyone on a needs basis. Well buddy, we're headed there. What can you or I give to a millionaire/billionaire? We know what our government wants to do is to tax them more and you and I will also feel the pinch, or I will anyway, and give away the money on a needs basis for people that haven't hit a lick at a black snake. To you, that may seem to be a fair deal; however, we've worked too hard at our house to hand over money to people that never have and never will work because it's handed to them.
If you call taxing the same as ownership, please be clear about that. It is not what the definition of communism is though. By such standards, most every country on the planet is communist.
Taxpayer thinks America is already communist, but I have yet to hear you tell him you disagree with his opinion. I have yet to hear one conservative here disagree with him.
He claims he is not a republican, so why protect him if he is not on your team?
Do you only call out liberals?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Emlu backs her opinions up with links Mike you ignorant slut.(I doubt you remember that"line"from Saturday Night Live).

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Mike your constant harping to emlu is beginning to sound strident and a bit desperate.You sound like the most bitter man on earth.So far you've lost every"debate"you've gotten into.I wanted to debate about crime, you changed it to religion! The religion thing is driving you nuts.(IMO).........
I tried to ask you why the crime rate was low, and you refused to give an opinion, so I did. Lack of blind faith. No one has rebutted my claim so far. So who is diverting? Seems it is you. Seems no one wants to debate it, everyone just wants to whine that I complain no one wants to debate. It is a vicious circle.
Now are you ready to debate? If so, I would love to hear why you think the crime rate is low?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
It's OK waco, before the election, I was told to post links to support my opinion, now it's give an opinion on my links. So, I have decided to post links that support my opinion. I find it less repetitive.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I tried to ask you why the crime rate was low, and you refused to give an opinion, so I did. Lack of blind faith. No one has rebutted my claim so far. So who is diverting? Seems it is you. Seems no one wants to debate it, everyone just wants to whine that I complain no one wants to debate. It is a vicious circle.
Now are you ready to debate? If so, I would love to hear why you think the crime rate is low?
I'm rebutting your ignorant claim! I SAID it was because DEMARK doesn't put all their citizens in jail for BULLSHIT drug offenses! Got it?

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Number one...bacon doesn't speak for me..
Number too, bacon, quit acting like me being against religion is the same as being against God. Reliigion is an institution of man. I trust no man...
Do I nelieve in fairy heaven with eagle winged white people floating around...nope. I believe he is to omniscient to understand.
Government that was ruled by religion and passed laws based on religion also killed Jesus.
Another thing to think about, science invented the plane and modern medicine...religion flew those planes in two buildings and blew up an abortion clinic.
I did not say God let this happen or he did it...I said religion did it, man speaking for god did it. Religion has good, with a ten million mile trail of blood and evil in its wake.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you call taxing the same as ownership, please be clear about that. It is not what the definition of communism is though. By such standards, most every country on the planet is communist.
Taxpayer thinks America is already communist, but I have yet to hear you tell him you disagree with his opinion. I have yet to hear one conservative here disagree with him.
He claims he is not a republican, so why protect him if he is not on your team?
Do you only call out liberals?
I hopped over here and just about missed your post because your picture is gone?? First, we're not talking about every other country on the planet, we're discussing the U.S. Secondly, if I must be honest, I don't always reply to Taxpayer because I don't understand his posts. Doesn't mean he's wrong, just means I don't understand and he got a little testy with me one time about gun safety and I decided to leave him alone. As for his party affiliation, I haven't figured that out either, so your guess is as good as mine. Mike, this is how I feel and if you feel the need, you can name it a new "ism". Ownership of property is not just my yard, car or home, it's the money I worked for that I own. It's mine, therefore IMO, it's my property. When I'm told by the government that a group of people make too much money, or have acquired too much money (however you want to word it) and they need to tax them a "little more" to help our country through no fault of the citizens that didn't make the tax laws to begin with, spent our money like drunken sailors and now owe other countries and are having to print money, why does anyone need to "pay a little more"? If the new "paying a little more" doesn't work; what's next, pay a little more, pay a little more etc. Let's be real here, there's the haves, the kind of haves and the have nots. I think all classes should pay a flat tax and be done with it. Back to the communism thing, when people work hard and manage to make a decent life for themselves, only in the U.S. are you punished for it through taxation. This is so all the perks and programs of the politicians and people that own them get pushed through. If these politicians and their buddies that bought them like these programs, tax the heck out of them and leave my money alone. While we're at it, when a government can force you to buy a commodity of ANY KIND i.e. healthcare or punish you again through penalities or taxation, what's next? When did our government get bold enough to tell us how to spend our money that we made and paid taxes on? That's not called freedom, it's called taking from one class and giving to another, so everybody will be equal. Well quess what, everybody's not equal financially and that's not my problem. Where will government intervention stop in our lives?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

sevenSecrets wrote:
Number too, bacon, quit acting like me being against religion is the same as being against God. Reliigion is an institution of man. I trust no man...
Do I nelieve in fairy heaven with eagle winged white people floating around...nope. I believe he is to omniscient to understand.
Government that was ruled by religion and passed laws based on religion also killed Jesus.
Another thing to think about, science invented the plane and modern medicine...religion flew those planes in two buildings and blew up an abortion clinic.
I did not say God let this happen or he did it...I said religion did it, man speaking for god did it. Religion has good, with a ten million mile trail of blood and evil in its wake.
Number three, if Bacon spoke for you, you would know how to spell the number, "two".

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

sevenSecrets wrote:
Religion flew those planes into the WTC? Thought it was a bunch of fanatical Saudis...People always gonna find a reason to justify their evil....

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Hitler wound up getting fifty million killed...was that also the fault of"religion?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I favor a flat tax on all income with no loopholes, no subsidies, no incentives,no sweetheart deals , no kickbacks or bid rigging, no exemptions, no exclusions.
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>How do you feel about a "flat tax"?
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Emlu backs her opinions up with links Mike you ignorant slut.(I doubt you remember that"line"from Saturday Night Live).
I thought it was just me and my stupidity. Mike wants Emlu to back up her posts with a link, but yet he thinks it's too tedious at times for MIKE to post a link with his opinion. It's gone way beyond the scope of pointing his double standard BS anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was just me and my stupidity. Mike wants Emlu to back up her posts with a link, but yet he thinks it's too tedious at times for MIKE to post a link with his opinion. It's gone way beyond the scope of pointing his double standard BS anymore.
Gave you the "agree" and would have "doubled" it, if I could have.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

TSF wrote:
I favor a flat tax on all income with no loopholes, no subsidies, no incentives,no sweetheart deals , no kickbacks or bid rigging, no exemptions, no exclusions.
<quoted text>
Thank you, I believe that's called "true" flat tax. You make more you pay more, you make less you pay less. The % would be the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Charlotte Discussions

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
i lost my love. 11 hr lost love 1
Do you think women with hairy armpits are ok (Jan '09) 16 hr Joker 531
I Love Black Women (May '11) Sat Ria 229
Review: Ruiz & Associates Sat jose 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... Sat Jessie 4
Saturday Night Street Racing (Apr '06) Jul 25 jim 329
The Fed is dumpig illegals in different states. Jul 25 Bob Rooney 1
•••
•••