Comments
28,601 - 28,620 of 58,812 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29715 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I treat the women here as equals. You and your team seem to want special treatment. Sorry, but I keep consistent standards, unlike your team.
Yes, many religions are now allowing women some higher positions. But only recently. The thousands of years of suppression in the culture is not going to wear off everyone just because the feminist movement wore down the commands of god in the bible and the religious rule.
The day I see a female pope, we can talk. I question your claim of women being allowed to be Catholic priests. But you did not say Catholic, did you?
Women have been held back by the religion due to scripture.
You cite a few denominations that allow women to be in higher positions. But is it equal or even close? No. There may be a few here and there. Why? Coincidence?
I hear the southern Baptist convention does not allow women in the clergy. Why not? I guess they cannot have suffer a woman to teach as the bible commands.
Part of a series on
Christianity
and Gender
Theology

Female disciples of Jesus
Gender roles in Christianity
Jesus' interactions with women
List of women in the Bible
Paul of Tarsus and women
Women as theological figures
Women in the Bible
4 major positions

Christian egalitarianism
Christian feminism
Complementarianism
Biblical patriarchy
Church and society

Christianity and homosexuality
Ordination of women
Women in Church history
Organizations

Christians for Biblical Equality
Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
Evangelical and Ecumenical Women's Caucus
Theologians and authors
Feminist:
Letha Dawson Scanzoni Anne Eggebroten Virginia Ramey Mollenkott
Egalitarian:
William J. Webb Kenneth E. Hagin Gordon Fee Frank Stagg Paul Jewett Stanley Grenz Roger Nicole
Complementarian:
Don Carson John Frame Wayne Grudem Douglas Moo Paige Patterson John Piper Vern Poythress
Patriarchal:
Doug Phillips R. C. Sproul, Jr. Douglas Wilson

Some "light reading" for you

Location hidden

#29716 Dec 4, 2012
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28

Location hidden

#29717 Dec 4, 2012
Full equality

African Methodist Episcopal Church
American Baptist Churches USA
Anglican Church in North America
Assemblies of God
Association of Vineyard Churches
Baptist Union of Great Britain
Christians for Biblical Equality
Church of Scotland
Church of the Brethren
Episcopal Church
Evangelical Covenant Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Evangelische Kirche in Deutschland
Free Methodist Church
Mennonite Church USA
Presbyterian Church of Canada
Presbyterian Church USA
Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) Quakers have always believed in the legitimacy of women's ministry, with only a few exceptions in the early years. In 1848 at a conference in Seneca Falls, New York, 100 men and women signed a declaration that "all men and women are created equally." Early leaders of the movement were women, including Lucretia Mott.
United Church of Canada
United Church of Christ
United Methodist Church
Uniting Church in Australia
Protestant Church in the Netherlands
Church of Denmark
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Church of Iceland
Church of Norway
Church of Sweden

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29718 Dec 4, 2012
Mike there is no debating with you.On religion, especially.Am I going to convince you that Christ is your savior? Doubtful.Are you going to convince me that Christ is a lie? No.You see Mike, some things are beyond debate.I WILL debate about the"fiscal cliff".How about you old man?

“Anasasis Xenophontis.”

Since: Dec 08

over there.

#29719 Dec 4, 2012
Christianity is dying. the bible is not a relevant orchestration of proof anymore. my God does not care about mans government or how he he governs, only the individual. to believe and to think that something as far complex as God can be understood and translated into partisan political views is ....well stupid.
science cured influenza, religion flew 2 planes into a building. Islam and Christianity are equally violent and evil, crusades..taliban, whoever subscribes to a religion (not speaking for my God, only in my opinion alone) that has partook in the countless violations of basic humanity throughout thousands of years, inherits the evil and violence of which man has brought forth from the name of God. as i believe, My god has a special place reserved for the select catholic and christian preachers in the void of their own insanity. Proof?
billy graham

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29720 Dec 4, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
Christianity is dying. the bible is not a relevant orchestration of proof anymore. my God does not care about mans government or how he he governs, only the individual. to believe and to think that something as far complex as God can be understood and translated into partisan political views is ....well stupid.
science cured influenza, religion flew 2 planes into a building. Islam and Christianity are equally violent and evil, crusades..taliban, whoever subscribes to a religion (not speaking for my God, only in my opinion alooone) that has partook in the countless violations of basic humanity throughout thousands of years, inherits the evil and violence of which man has brought forth from the name of God. as i believe, My god has a special place reserved for the select catholic and christian preachers in the void of their own insanity. Proof?
billy graham
Nothing you have said makes much Sense.....don't follow preachers, I follow GOD.Men always mess things up.The CATHOLIC church is a religious organization.I don't follow a pope, I follow GOD.People commit sins....murders...rape...for a variety of"reasons". Anything is a good excuse.You don't like the 94 year old Billy Graham? So?, I like the guy a lot.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29721 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is the legal limit to drive, not consume.
Nice try. Be more careful in your research.

Location hidden

#29722 Dec 4, 2012
sevenSecrets wrote:
science cured influenza, religion flew 2 planes into a building. Islam and Christianity are equally violent and evil, crusades..taliban, whoever subscribes to a religion (not speaking for my God, only in my opinion alone) that has partook in the countless violations of basic humanity throughout thousands of years, inherits the evil and violence of which man has brought forth from the name of God. as i believe, My god has a special place reserved for the select catholic and christian preachers in the void of their own insanity. Proof?
billy graham
As of 2008, Graham's estimated lifetime audience, including radio and television broadcasts, topped 2.2 billion.[3]During the civil rights movement, he began to support integrated seating for his revivals and crusades; in 1957 he invited the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. to preach jointly at a revival in New York City, where they appeared together at Madison Square Garden, and bailed the minister out of jail in the 1960s when he was arrested in demonstrations[citation needed].
I'm sure there is a special place for the Rev. Graham
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29723 Dec 4, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>State law says you cannot serve alcohol to anyone who is
impaired. However, North Carolina laws state that you can
allow impaired customers to stay at your place, as long as they
are not consuming alcoholic beverages or being disorderly.
Invite them to remain and to eat something.
The Impaired Customer
Continued
www.ncabc.com
Dram Shop 101
Thank you Emlu

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29724 Dec 4, 2012
Per some, Christianity is dying, but my God says you only have to believe that Jesus is His Son and He died on a cross for our sins. I guess to say the Bible isn't relevant anymore is like saying the war between the states isn't relevant anymore. When did history go out of style? Is the Holocaust not relevant anymore? Goodness gracious there is evil everywhere and it has nothing to do with God. Stop blaming God for the bad in the world and start blaming the society that is progressing daily that says "I can do what I want to and nobody can stop me." People have no respect for human life or dignity anymore and no boundaries. God is the scapegoat for people that don't want to accept we live in an evil world without boundaries. However, God can choose to draw a line in the sand with boundaries anytime He chooses, and so can law enforcement; that's what prisons are for. God lets man know there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Oh well on the upside, I've been decorating my home to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my God's Son.

Location hidden

#29725 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Emlu
No problem, I used to "sling a few" across a bar myself. But, I have always found that "make a bartender responsible for a customer" law a little unfair.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29726 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
Per some, Christianity is dying, but my God says you only have to believe that Jesus is His Son and He died on a cross for our sins. I guess to say the Bible isn't relevant anymore is like saying the war between the states isn't relevant anymore. When did history go out of style? Is the Holocaust not relevant anymore? Goodness gracious there is evil everywhere and it has nothing to do with God. Stop blaming God for the bad in the world and start blaming the society that is progressing daily that says "I can do what I want to and nobody can stop me." People have no respect for human life or dignity anymore and no boundaries. God is the scapegoat for people that don't want to accept we live in an evil world without boundaries. However, God can choose to draw a line in the sand with boundaries anytime He chooses, and so can law enforcement; that's what prisons are for. God lets man know there's more than one way to skin a cat.
Oh well on the upside, I've been decorating my home to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, my God's Son.
Best post I've ever seen on Topix.

Location hidden

#29727 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
I agree Bacon, flying last week, I got to watch a LOT of that "respect" and "dignity". I saw a little boy, about 5 years old, throw a sandwich at his mom and say "you eat it". Nothing, she didn't say a word, just gave him a gameboy. I thought, 10 years from now your gonna regret that. Gotta teach those boundaries early.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29728 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to make broad stroke accusations with no evidence.
What ideas are you exchanging? You refuse to articulate what you think might make Denmark have lower crime rates.
Looks like your main concern is bitching about me.
Denmark imprisons 17 people per one hundred thousand.We imprison 715 per one hundred thousand.My guess? Drugs.The WAR ON DRUGS is looking more and more like the WAR ON AMERICANS...decriminalization of weed would save billions of dollars that we now spend on locking up people who use Maryjane.It costs 35,000a year to lock someone up.We have more people locked up than China,a country with FOUR TIMES our population!! We have over two million people imprisoned in AMERICA! At 35,000 a pop!
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29729 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, but .08 is not really detectable to the server. "impaired" is subjective. Likely why I have never seen this law being enforced.
Of course I do cut off someone who is overly impaired in my opinion, and there are rules to how much one can serve an individual.
None of this changes my previous claims.
Emlu and myself got you Mike--accept Factoid #175. The "OK" and the "likely" and the "of course" proves(along with the factual link)that YOU WERE WRONG, AND CAN'T OR WON'T ADMIT IT, THUS the ok's, the likely's, the of course's. Today is Tuesday, Dec. 4th 2012. Will you argue this? Comical. Damn it--where is that funny and nuts icon?!
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29730 Dec 4, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>No problem, I used to "sling a few" across a bar myself. But, I have always found that "make a bartender responsible for a customer" law a little unfair.
Listen, I love my cocktails too, but the issue/debate was the .08 NCABC statue. And our governments/federal & states and justice system are EXTREMELY FLAWED, but, imo, better than any system in the world. And I do believe the parents of todays youth are 100% accountable. Waco, it's laughable how parent(s)parent today. It starts at home and ends at home. And I believe if you drink, then you should be held accountable period. We don't have a perfect anything. Hell, I won't deny that I have had more than enough out at bars and social settings, but I was and still am responsible enough to be RESPONSIBLE PERIOD.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#29731 Dec 5, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Listen, I love my cocktails too, but the issue/debate was the .08 NCABC statue. And our governments/federal & states and justice system are EXTREMELY FLAWED, but, imo, better than any system in the world. And I do believe the parents of todays youth are 100% accountable. Waco, it's laughable how parent(s)parent today. It starts at home and ends at home. And I believe if you drink, then you should be held accountable period. We don't have a perfect anything. Hell, I won't deny that I have had more than enough out at bars and social settings, but I was and still am responsible enough to be RESPONSIBLE PERIOD.
Smartphones do the parenting these days...so it would seem...
TSF

Kenly, NC

#29732 Dec 5, 2012
For those with faith, no explaination is necessary, for those without faith, no explaination is possible.
St Thomas Aquinas
TSF

Kenly, NC

#29733 Dec 5, 2012
Earth to GOP: No more tax breaks for the rich.
waco1909 wrote:
Mike there is no debating with you.On religion, especially.Am I going to convince you that Christ is your savior? Doubtful.Are you going to convince me that Christ is a lie? No.You see Mike, some things are beyond debate.I WILL debate about the"fiscal cliff".How about you old man?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29734 Dec 5, 2012
TSF wrote:
For those with faith, no explaination is necessary, for those without faith, no explaination is possible.
St Thomas Aquinas
TSF, I have to give it to you, you have some of the best quotes and thoughts on religion.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AWESOME! This black minister has made a campaig... 17 hr insiderpaul 1
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... Thu linthead louie 1
Review: Oxbridge Law Firm The (Sep '13) Wed james appiah 3
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Wed LaLa2020 130
looking for smurfs Wed inNeedThisWeekOnly 5
I Love Black Women (May '11) Wed chalk boy 238
Trolls posting "Southerner" threads Wed Whinn 12
•••
•••
•••