Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,429)

Showing posts 28,561 - 28,580 of54,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29671
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

emlu wrote:
A little something for you gentlemen out there: FACTOID # 173: More than half of all doctors in Finland are female.:)
Interesting. A country that is far less religious than America has more equality. No surprise here.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29672
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike why are you consistently so curt with emlu? She is posting links for comparison.What's so bad about that? Mike its just not necessary, all this rudeness.I don't think non-civility is a needed feature in life, or Topix.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29673
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Wiki
According to the most recent Eurobarometer Poll 2005,[3] 31% of Danish citizens responded that "they believe there is a God", 49% responded that "they believe there is some sort of spirit or life force" and 19% responded that "they do not believe there is any sort of spirit, God or life force". Another poll, carried out in 2009, found that 25% of Danes believe Jesus is the son of God, and 18% believe he is the saviour of the world.[4]
Seems they are not exactly a Christian country, nor even high on belief in a personal god. "Spirit or life force" can mean various things, and does not imply a god. Thus the majority are at least agnostic to a god.
Kind of puts to rest the claim of Christians that a god is needed for good behavior.
You wanted reasons why I said Denmark is a good place to live.I have them to you.Draw any conclusions you wish.I'm still a Christian.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29674
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving so many of my recent points here with your lack of response.
I respond to whom I choose. I have grown tired of you Mike, so I choose not to directly respond to you. As many on here have pointed out in the past, you like to "pick" at certain ones here and I find that childish.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29675
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said several times, it is fine with me if you leave. Not sure why you are in denial about that. I just like to point out how silly and ironic I think it is.
I keep pointing to you because you make such ridiculous claims and are such an extremist. You are here most consistently and make many claims.
You typify all that I see wrong with the republican party. You typify all I see that is wrong of the republican mentality. You are the republican poster child. Ironic you flee from America. This typifies the way republicans cannot accept democracy and our constitution.
I am kind of surprised you are so subservient to your wife. Seems to contradict how you approach politics. You are unwilling to make any compromises in politics as is the party line agenda.
Seeing how you are such an ass here, maybe you understand that protesting against your wife would make you lose her quickly, so you just bow down to her wishes. Not exactly what I feel is a healthy relationship, but if that is good for you, then fine.
You cause me no loss of sleep though. Your lack of good rebuttals, prove to me, I am on the correct side.
Wisdom from a guy who's wife left, former resident of the North Carolina Department of Corrections, and manager of a gay bar.

All the qualities that make a fine citizenry next to your boys AZ and Seven.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29676
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. A country that is far less religious than America has more equality. No surprise here.
Do you have proof or is that just your opinion? If I'm not mistaken, the subject was the fact provided that female physicians outnumber males. Do you think there's more female mechanics, welders, construction workers, etc? Does the fact there's more female doctors than male doctors, mean there's equality across the board? Religion, just as you and your opinions, do not guarantee equality, so what's the big deal about religion and equality? You never stated what religion or why.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29677
Dec 4, 2012
 
Silver may not be so disenchanted after all because it looks like Obama is getting ready to give the republikans what they have been asking for, cuts to social programs. All the republikans have to do is name the specific programs they want to cut and then take credit for cutting them.
Obama is also getting ready to give the democrats what they have been asking for and that is tax increases for the wealthy. Another surprise could be the home mortgage tax deduction being eliminated which would raise an additional $800 billion dollars over 10 years. So it looks like everyone is going to get some of what they wanted . who can comlain about that ?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29678
Dec 4, 2012
 
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom from a guy who's wife left, former resident of the North Carolina Department of Corrections, and manager of a gay bar.
All the qualities that make a fine citizenry next to your boys AZ and Seven.
I will gladly put my civic record up against yours anyday, Pal.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29679
Dec 4, 2012
 
TSF wrote:
Silver may not be so disenchanted after all because it looks like Obama is getting ready to give the republikans what they have been asking for, cuts to social programs. All the republikans have to do is name the specific programs they want to cut and then take credit for cutting them.
Obama is also getting ready to give the democrats what they have been asking for and that is tax increases for the wealthy. Another surprise could be the home mortgage tax deduction being eliminated which would raise an additional $800 billion dollars over 10 years. So it looks like everyone is going to get some of what they wanted . who can comlain about that ?
And maybe a "mortgage write down", wonder what that will do to the banking industry?
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29680
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. A country that is far less religious than America has more equality. No surprise here.
Forum bully. Passive aggressive to say the very least. I am thinking that Emlu is not a linker so you feel the need to make an innuedo that she doesn't or can't post a link so you do it. Case in point. You snore me to death. Did you have a point to link exactly what she posted. Bully you. I dozed off at the beginning of yours--hers was quite sufficient. damn it--where is that peanut icon.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29681
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. A country that is far less religious than America has more equality. No surprise here.
Mike, you gave us a link for religious stats in Denmark period. So you ASSumed it was equality. Didn't see a link about equality in Denmark vs. US. Did you ever think in that big head(small brain)of yours that women IN DENMARK simply are smarter than men hence more female docs?! Head scratcher ay? Given the pop. of 300 million in US, of course it looks to you like equality. Perception is a little devil isn't she.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29682
Dec 4, 2012
 
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, you gave us a link for religious stats in Denmark period. So you ASSumed it was equality. Didn't see a link about equality in Denmark vs. US. Did you ever think in that big head(small brain)of yours that women IN DENMARK simply are smarter than men hence more female docs?! Head scratcher ay? Given the pop. of 300 million in US, of course it looks to you like equality. Perception is a little devil isn't she.
I stand corrected. I had Finland on my brain. Please insert Finland where you see Denmark. Factoid #174 to you Emlu. Denmark pop. 5.6 million and Finland pop. 5.4 million and both represent .08 of the worlds population and both ranked the obvious at 111th of world pop. Well one thing I learned today if I read all those stats correctly(got over served by Mike)lol is I will never live in Denmark or visit for that matter based on crime rate and lack of safety. Does anybody want to link crime stats on Finland vs. US?
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29683
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mike, this is for you. Hmm .08 rings a bell. Mike, you do know that is the legal limit with alcohol correct. So if you "over serve" on stats, I hope you don't practice this at "your bar". Damn where is that funny icon

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29684
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>I stand corrected. I had Finland on my brain. Please insert Finland where you see Denmark. Factoid #174 to you Emlu. Denmark pop. 5.6 million and Finland pop. 5.4 million and both represent .08 of the worlds population and both ranked the obvious at 111th of world pop. Well one thing I learned today if I read all those stats correctly(got over served by Mike)lol is I will never live in Denmark or visit for that matter based on crime rate and lack of safety. Does anybody want to link crime stats on Finland vs. US?
Crime stats: Finland vs United States

Finnish Crime stats

American Crime stats


Assault victims 2.1% 1.2%
Ranked 6th. 75% more than United States Ranked 11th.
Believe in police efficiency 70% 89%
Ranked 8th. Ranked 1st. 27% more than Finland
Car thefts 23,115 1,246,096
Ranked 17th. Ranked 1st. 53 times more than Finland


Drug offences 13,857 per 100,000 people 560.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 16th. Ranked 4th.
Jails 37 1,558
Ranked 31st. Ranked 5th. 41 times more than Finland
Murders committed by youths 19 8,226
Ranked 58th. Ranked 3rd. 432 times more than Finland
Perception of safety > Walking in dark 81% 82%
Ranked 4th. Ranked 2nd. 1% more than Finland
Police

Prisoners 3,433 prisoners 2,019,234 prisoners
Ranked 42nd. Ranked 1st. 587 times more than Finland
Prisoners > Per capita 71.0 per 100,000 people 715.0 per 100,000 people
Ranked 113rd. Ranked 1st. 9 times more than Finland
Rape victims 1.1% 0.4%
Ranked 3rd. 175% more than United States Ranked 13th.
Software piracy rate 25% 20%
Ranked 98th. 25% more than United States Ranked 107th.
Suicide rates in ages 15-24 22.8 per 100,000 people 13.7 per 100,000 people
Ranked 2nd. 66% more than United States Ranked 7th.
Suicide rates in ages 25-34 33 per 100,000 people 15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 1st. 116% more than United States Ranked 10th.
Suicide rates in ages above 75 23.3 per 100,000 people 22 per 100,000 people
Ranked 9th. 6% more than United States Ranked 10th.
Total crimes 520,194 11,877,218
Ranked 16th. Ranked 1st. 22 times more than Finland


Total crime victims 19.1% 21.1%
Ranked 16th. Ranked 15th. 10% more than Finland

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29685
Dec 4, 2012
 
Let's not forget Norway,a country where the average person makes 61,000$ dollars a year.I think the American figure is at 43,000 a year.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29686
Dec 4, 2012
 
Other data says 45 thousand for Norway,43,000 four USA...

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29687
Dec 4, 2012
 
The USA.....prison capital of the world...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29688
Dec 4, 2012
 
waco1909 wrote:
Mike why are you consistently so curt with emlu? She is posting links for comparison.What's so bad about that? Mike its just not necessary, all this rudeness.I don't think non-civility is a needed feature in life, or Topix.
She made no comparisons, nor posted links that compare against each other, so I have no idea how to compare what she posted to what.
I point out clearly my beef with her, so I am not sure why you are confused. Posting a link means nothing if you have no point. Maybe you can read minds, but I cannot.
I asked a simple question, "What is your point"? She responded rudely. Maybe you just have double standards.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29689
Dec 4, 2012
 
Finland has 71 people per one hundred thousand, locked up.USA? 715 per one hundred thousand!!!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29690
Dec 4, 2012
 
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You wanted reasons why I said Denmark is a good place to live.I have them to you.Draw any conclusions you wish.I'm still a Christian.
So you refuse to support your opinion with logic? Hell, you refuse to support your opinion at all.
I have the same beef with you as I have all the republicans here. Give your opinion and make a case for it. That is the entire purpose of this forum. No one seems to want to play be the common rules of debate. And you have the nerve to bitch at me for complaining about it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,561 - 28,580 of54,927
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
I Love Black Women (May '11) 9 hr Wong 229
Debate: Marijuana - Charlotte, NC (Aug '10) Sat fed up 106
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Sat Timmy_ 4,822
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) Sat Walter 32
dog food Sat godsSon 7
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. Jul 11 Sammy 1
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Jul 10 Hey 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••