“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#29675 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said several times, it is fine with me if you leave. Not sure why you are in denial about that. I just like to point out how silly and ironic I think it is.
I keep pointing to you because you make such ridiculous claims and are such an extremist. You are here most consistently and make many claims.
You typify all that I see wrong with the republican party. You typify all I see that is wrong of the republican mentality. You are the republican poster child. Ironic you flee from America. This typifies the way republicans cannot accept democracy and our constitution.
I am kind of surprised you are so subservient to your wife. Seems to contradict how you approach politics. You are unwilling to make any compromises in politics as is the party line agenda.
Seeing how you are such an ass here, maybe you understand that protesting against your wife would make you lose her quickly, so you just bow down to her wishes. Not exactly what I feel is a healthy relationship, but if that is good for you, then fine.
You cause me no loss of sleep though. Your lack of good rebuttals, prove to me, I am on the correct side.
Wisdom from a guy who's wife left, former resident of the North Carolina Department of Corrections, and manager of a gay bar.

All the qualities that make a fine citizenry next to your boys AZ and Seven.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29676 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. A country that is far less religious than America has more equality. No surprise here.
Do you have proof or is that just your opinion? If I'm not mistaken, the subject was the fact provided that female physicians outnumber males. Do you think there's more female mechanics, welders, construction workers, etc? Does the fact there's more female doctors than male doctors, mean there's equality across the board? Religion, just as you and your opinions, do not guarantee equality, so what's the big deal about religion and equality? You never stated what religion or why.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#29677 Dec 4, 2012
Silver may not be so disenchanted after all because it looks like Obama is getting ready to give the republikans what they have been asking for, cuts to social programs. All the republikans have to do is name the specific programs they want to cut and then take credit for cutting them.
Obama is also getting ready to give the democrats what they have been asking for and that is tax increases for the wealthy. Another surprise could be the home mortgage tax deduction being eliminated which would raise an additional $800 billion dollars over 10 years. So it looks like everyone is going to get some of what they wanted . who can comlain about that ?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29678 Dec 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom from a guy who's wife left, former resident of the North Carolina Department of Corrections, and manager of a gay bar.
All the qualities that make a fine citizenry next to your boys AZ and Seven.
I will gladly put my civic record up against yours anyday, Pal.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29679 Dec 4, 2012
TSF wrote:
Silver may not be so disenchanted after all because it looks like Obama is getting ready to give the republikans what they have been asking for, cuts to social programs. All the republikans have to do is name the specific programs they want to cut and then take credit for cutting them.
Obama is also getting ready to give the democrats what they have been asking for and that is tax increases for the wealthy. Another surprise could be the home mortgage tax deduction being eliminated which would raise an additional $800 billion dollars over 10 years. So it looks like everyone is going to get some of what they wanted . who can comlain about that ?
And maybe a "mortgage write down", wonder what that will do to the banking industry?
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29680 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. A country that is far less religious than America has more equality. No surprise here.
Forum bully. Passive aggressive to say the very least. I am thinking that Emlu is not a linker so you feel the need to make an innuedo that she doesn't or can't post a link so you do it. Case in point. You snore me to death. Did you have a point to link exactly what she posted. Bully you. I dozed off at the beginning of yours--hers was quite sufficient. damn it--where is that peanut icon.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29681 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
Mike, you gave us a link for religious stats in Denmark period. So you ASSumed it was equality. Didn't see a link about equality in Denmark vs. US. Did you ever think in that big head(small brain)of yours that women IN DENMARK simply are smarter than men hence more female docs?! Head scratcher ay? Given the pop. of 300 million in US, of course it looks to you like equality. Perception is a little devil isn't she.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29682 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, you gave us a link for religious stats in Denmark period. So you ASSumed it was equality. Didn't see a link about equality in Denmark vs. US. Did you ever think in that big head(small brain)of yours that women IN DENMARK simply are smarter than men hence more female docs?! Head scratcher ay? Given the pop. of 300 million in US, of course it looks to you like equality. Perception is a little devil isn't she.
I stand corrected. I had Finland on my brain. Please insert Finland where you see Denmark. Factoid #174 to you Emlu. Denmark pop. 5.6 million and Finland pop. 5.4 million and both represent .08 of the worlds population and both ranked the obvious at 111th of world pop. Well one thing I learned today if I read all those stats correctly(got over served by Mike)lol is I will never live in Denmark or visit for that matter based on crime rate and lack of safety. Does anybody want to link crime stats on Finland vs. US?
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29683 Dec 4, 2012
Mike, this is for you. Hmm .08 rings a bell. Mike, you do know that is the legal limit with alcohol correct. So if you "over serve" on stats, I hope you don't practice this at "your bar". Damn where is that funny icon

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29684 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>I stand corrected. I had Finland on my brain. Please insert Finland where you see Denmark. Factoid #174 to you Emlu. Denmark pop. 5.6 million and Finland pop. 5.4 million and both represent .08 of the worlds population and both ranked the obvious at 111th of world pop. Well one thing I learned today if I read all those stats correctly(got over served by Mike)lol is I will never live in Denmark or visit for that matter based on crime rate and lack of safety. Does anybody want to link crime stats on Finland vs. US?
Crime stats: Finland vs United States

Finnish Crime stats

American Crime stats

Assault victims 2.1% 1.2%
Ranked 6th. 75% more than United States Ranked 11th.
Believe in police efficiency 70% 89%
Ranked 8th. Ranked 1st. 27% more than Finland
Car thefts 23,115 1,246,096
Ranked 17th. Ranked 1st. 53 times more than Finland

Drug offences 13,857 per 100,000 people 560.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 16th. Ranked 4th.
Jails 37 1,558
Ranked 31st. Ranked 5th. 41 times more than Finland
Murders committed by youths 19 8,226
Ranked 58th. Ranked 3rd. 432 times more than Finland
Perception of safety > Walking in dark 81% 82%
Ranked 4th. Ranked 2nd. 1% more than Finland
Police

Prisoners 3,433 prisoners 2,019,234 prisoners
Ranked 42nd. Ranked 1st. 587 times more than Finland
Prisoners > Per capita 71.0 per 100,000 people 715.0 per 100,000 people
Ranked 113rd. Ranked 1st. 9 times more than Finland
Rape victims 1.1% 0.4%
Ranked 3rd. 175% more than United States Ranked 13th.
Software piracy rate 25% 20%
Ranked 98th. 25% more than United States Ranked 107th.
Suicide rates in ages 15-24 22.8 per 100,000 people 13.7 per 100,000 people
Ranked 2nd. 66% more than United States Ranked 7th.
Suicide rates in ages 25-34 33 per 100,000 people 15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 1st. 116% more than United States Ranked 10th.
Suicide rates in ages above 75 23.3 per 100,000 people 22 per 100,000 people
Ranked 9th. 6% more than United States Ranked 10th.
Total crimes 520,194 11,877,218
Ranked 16th. Ranked 1st. 22 times more than Finland

Total crime victims 19.1% 21.1%
Ranked 16th. Ranked 15th. 10% more than Finland

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29685 Dec 4, 2012
Let's not forget Norway,a country where the average person makes 61,000$ dollars a year.I think the American figure is at 43,000 a year.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29686 Dec 4, 2012
Other data says 45 thousand for Norway,43,000 four USA...

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29687 Dec 4, 2012
The USA.....prison capital of the world...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#29688 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Mike why are you consistently so curt with emlu? She is posting links for comparison.What's so bad about that? Mike its just not necessary, all this rudeness.I don't think non-civility is a needed feature in life, or Topix.
She made no comparisons, nor posted links that compare against each other, so I have no idea how to compare what she posted to what.
I point out clearly my beef with her, so I am not sure why you are confused. Posting a link means nothing if you have no point. Maybe you can read minds, but I cannot.
I asked a simple question, "What is your point"? She responded rudely. Maybe you just have double standards.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29689 Dec 4, 2012
Finland has 71 people per one hundred thousand, locked up.USA? 715 per one hundred thousand!!!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29690 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You wanted reasons why I said Denmark is a good place to live.I have them to you.Draw any conclusions you wish.I'm still a Christian.
So you refuse to support your opinion with logic? Hell, you refuse to support your opinion at all.
I have the same beef with you as I have all the republicans here. Give your opinion and make a case for it. That is the entire purpose of this forum. No one seems to want to play be the common rules of debate. And you have the nerve to bitch at me for complaining about it?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29691 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>She made no comparisons, nor posted links that compare against each other, so I have no idea how to compare what she posted to what.
I point out clearly my beef with her, so I am not sure why you are confused. Posting a link means nothing if you have no point. Maybe you can read minds, but I cannot.
I asked a simple question, "What is your point"? She responded rudely. Maybe you just have double standards.
Maybe you're blind to your own shortcomings.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29692 Dec 4, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>
Crime stats: Finland vs United States
Finnish Crime stats
American Crime stats
Assault victims 2.1% 1.2%
Ranked 6th. 75% more than United States Ranked 11th.
Believe in police efficiency 70% 89%
Ranked 8th. Ranked 1st. 27% more than Finland
Car thefts 23,115 1,246,096
Ranked 17th. Ranked 1st. 53 times more than Finland
Drug offences 13,857 per 100,000 people 560.1 per 100,000 people
Ranked 16th. Ranked 4th.
Jails 37 1,558
Ranked 31st. Ranked 5th. 41 times more than Finland
Murders committed by youths 19 8,226
Ranked 58th. Ranked 3rd. 432 times more than Finland
Perception of safety > Walking in dark 81% 82%
Ranked 4th. Ranked 2nd. 1% more than Finland
Police
Prisoners 3,433 prisoners 2,019,234 prisoners
Ranked 42nd. Ranked 1st. 587 times more than Finland
Prisoners > Per capita 71.0 per 100,000 people 715.0 per 100,000 people
Ranked 113rd. Ranked 1st. 9 times more than Finland
Rape victims 1.1% 0.4%
Ranked 3rd. 175% more than United States Ranked 13th.
Software piracy rate 25% 20%
Ranked 98th. 25% more than United States Ranked 107th.
Suicide rates in ages 15-24 22.8 per 100,000 people 13.7 per 100,000 people
Ranked 2nd. 66% more than United States Ranked 7th.
Suicide rates in ages 25-34 33 per 100,000 people 15.3 per 100,000 people
Ranked 1st. 116% more than United States Ranked 10th.
Suicide rates in ages above 75 23.3 per 100,000 people 22 per 100,000 people
Ranked 9th. 6% more than United States Ranked 10th.
Total crimes 520,194 11,877,218
Ranked 16th. Ranked 1st. 22 times more than Finland
Total crime victims 19.1% 21.1%
Ranked 16th. Ranked 15th. 10% more than Finland
Thank you Emlu. Interesting. I stand corrected again. There were 2 things I learned today. I won't be living or visiting in Finland as well. Scary stuff--300 million vs. 5.4 and 5.6 million. You all remember Aruba and Natalie. What's with the Dutch policia?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29693 Dec 4, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I respond to whom I choose. I have grown tired of you Mike, so I choose not to directly respond to you. As many on here have pointed out in the past, you like to "pick" at certain ones here and I find that childish.
I "pick" at everything I dispute. Maybe you have no noticed that, and think you are being targeted? Grow some thicker skin if you want to debate with the big boys.
Name one conservative who I do not "pick" at? Hell, if a liberal says something I dispute, I will "pick" at it also. Ask Arnold about my religious debates with him.
I guess you just came here to get pats on the back.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29694 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you're blind to your own shortcomings.
Maybe so, but you sure are not pointing them out very well. I am short with those who do not debate like normal people. Emlu is a perfect example of one of these people. You often do it also. Most conservatives here just refuse to have a full debate. They start whining after the first claim about not wanting to justify the claim. Thus, their is no debate. This is a debate forum, as no conservatives here seem to take note of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) 13 hr UTB 56
bggb 13 hr guest 5
Senator Kay Hagan Sun Wabash Tsunami 1
help........please help Sat Interesting 5
Cruising in Northlake mall? Oct 18 Hornyguy 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Oct 17 I Hate Syracuse 4,843
bank of america's vaibhav vaishnav july 11,2014... Oct 17 Brain M 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]