Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
http://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/2011/03/...
Here you go doubting Thomas...
What I am to doubt? You did not state it is your opinion Switzerland is better. Showing an article does not tell me your opinion. I want to know what you guys think, not some web sites opinion. Now if you wish to support your opinion with this link, that would be fine, but that is not what you just did.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but I sense a tinge of wanting to be in denial here. It is all to easy and instinctive for us to be in denial. One way to excuse this is to say something like "different strokes".
I find religion has many of these sort of techniques that keep one in denial. I say, "these sorts" not to say religion says one can have different strokes, as it does not. It says, my way or the highway.
But the religious often use such concepts to justify blind belief.
Michael D......SOMETIMES...in this bad old world of ours....people just have to disagree.l There are more things in this heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.....

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Fact:I don't keep up with Silver's BS. The subject matter at hand was Japan and I simply threw in that I would never live there, only visit. Nor would I wish to live in any part of Asia--that pretty much covers the geographics of SE/SW Asia WHICH INCLUDES SING. I also am very aware of it NOT being a part of China or Japan. I also know Singapore is on the water and from what I have heard it's very pretty. I also know it sits roght above the equator--below Malaysia. Do I need to give you the coordinates too?Fact: again, I personally would never live in Asia or work there. Nothing like the United States of AMERICA. You need to get your facts straight too as to why we dropped the 2 bombs. We dropped them knowing that it would take far too many more troops to invade, AND the casualties in JAPAN would of approx. been 10 X greater. We did the right thing, IMO. We need a FACT icon.
Did you think I disagreed with the decision to drop atom bombs on Japan? Casualties were estimated at two million for an invasion of the Japanese mainland.My facts are fine.Quit trying to manufacture an argument.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said many times here, if you doubt what I claim, then ask for a link. I am not writing a term paper with every post. I was having a conversation.
I made several claims in the post you refer to. So what claim do you need a link for?
I was relaying the opinion of the scientists. Their opinion was based upon experimentation, controlled observations and history.
I really do not like to have discussions with those who do not register. You seem to use different names. I cannot keep track of our conversation like that. There is a reason humans use names and keep the same one consistently. The rules of life do not change due to this forum.
I did not realize you were relaying the opiniion of scientists. I cannot read your mind like you have posted many a times to Bacon and Emlou. That is your right not to have a discussion with me because I CHOOSE NOT TO REGISTER. If it will help, Snore is my only moniker and I chose it because "a very few" posters keep saying the same sh$t since 2010. I thought it was funny, imo. Fact: Baco is right. Double standards should be your moniker lol. Imo, I did't think you were capable of having a conversation---only CONFRONTATION.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you are telling her all that fear mongering you throw us, I can see why she wants to leave. If I believed what you say, I would think America would implode in a year or two.

I asked you several times to tell us what country has a better system than ours today, and you, nor anyone here ever cited a single one. Utopia cannot exist.
I don't have an answer for you Miley but I am keeping all options open. I do find it somewhat funny that china elects new leadership and said no thanks to the idea of modeling their government after western style governments like ours. That may not mean anything to you but it does tell me china will eventually come calling to settle what's owed. Hopefully, my kids will follow my advice and leave as well.

And you the last son bitch to say any about anybody's wife. Perhaps if you weren't so full of crap or a fag your wife still be around. Must of been hard for your old lady to compete with all the other meat gazers.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I was in Germany for a year and a half. Seemed like forever. I will never again take America for granted.
Perhaps if you hadn't gone to Germany with the notion that it would be just like America you would of enjoyed your stay more.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Snore Mike, but I believe you have a double standard for yourself and others. The other day when Snore made the comment that Jews own the world and I posted statistics that I researched, you didn't believe them. Anyone that has been on here very long knows I don't debate anything math related, so you should have known I didn't make those statistics up. You didn't ask for a link where I got my information, IMO, you didn't like the answer I gave and basically called me a liar. So why should you crack on someone who calls you out about you not giving links and only your opinion and then doubt us when we give statistics or our opinion?
Mike, I know this is a debate forum, but one can debate with courtesy and without calling others liars you don't agree with. You know you've done that before and the people weren't lying.
Thank you mame. And Mike--I left 1 icon available for somebody else on Bacon's post. lol
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

I failed to mention that many of the other posters' posts DO NOT REGISTER WITH YOU. You tell Silver it's only black or white--well he admits it so I'll give him a bone. You, the same only you won't admit to it like a man. And you won't admit to your prejudices against certain human beings. FACT--where is that friggn FACT icon.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The whole idea of our government using nukes in a civil war is preposterous, IMHO. Silver seems to think it is likely.
The situations would likely be very different in a civil war. It would be very unlikely an entire city or region would be as united against the government as Japan was against us. It would be very unlikely that the rebels would be killing so many of our side that we would feel nukes would be needed to offset the casualties.
Silver sees everything in black and white,IMHO. So he sees all war as the same. He cannot see the nuances of circumstances. He cannot see the need for various approaches, IMHO.
Seems tedious to put,'IMHO' on so many things. Seems it is clear that much of this is opinion and of my perspective.
lol, IMO

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What I am to doubt? You did not state it is your opinion Switzerland is better. Showing an article does not tell me your opinion. I want to know what you guys think, not some web sites opinion. Now if you wish to support your opinion with this link, that would be fine, but that is not what you just did.
Mike, you asked a couple posts up for Silver to show you a country that is better than the U.S. As usual, you didn't say financially, living conditions etc, you just asked what country is better than the U.S. and you didn't say what's your opinion. I gave you a link of someone who has been there, done that and also stated statistics than can be corroborated. So what the heck is your problem? You have a habit of dismissing a post if it's only someone's opinion because you can argue an opinion or say the poster doesn't "articulate" their thoughts to your liking, but face it Mike, you can't argue statistics or facts. I'll tell you straight up, if TSF puts out all those statistics and facts he does, I never question, he's usually spot on because he's not using his opinion, he's usually actual data. Try it, you may like.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I was too quick. Your post was quite human-like, imo, so you do have it in you. Really. And you added wit to boot. See, it's not all that hard.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to offer emotions as negative? I call love an emotion and clearly that's working out for you and Lu. You're posting to Mike who clearly is overtaken by his the emotion of hate. Must be people like him that start wars since he was ready to rejoin the military and fight/kill others in his own country. Geez, get real.
I am ready to kill to protect America from those who use violence against us. Of course a black and white mentality cannot comprehend the nuance here.
I would not need to fight ones who wish to secede unless they first take violent actions. Not sure why you would think otherwise?

Not sure why you would feel I am overtaken by hate? My political agenda is one of trying to help the needy and for all to have equal rights. Not sure how you can spin that to mean I am of hate. But please do try, I would love to hear it.
On the other hand, the republican agenda is not that of care for the needy nor that of equal rights.

Lets see, who started the last two wars we are in? Bush, a republican. Who ended one? Obama.

I am not opposed to the use of force if need be. Key phrase,'if need be'.

Love can be a good emotion, but it can also lead to problems. For example, if one is in love with someone, and they do not love them back, the person might not be able to handle the rejection. Think of the many couples who split up and one cannot deal with the separation of a loved one.

The love for a god can also be dangerous, as evidenced by 9/11. But one need look to that most extreme case for evidence. Many parents have ostracized their own children over disputes of religion. I could go on.
Most anything taken to excess can be problematic, love included.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, you asked a couple posts up for Silver to show you a country that is better than the U.S. As usual, you didn't say financially, living conditions etc, you just asked what country is better than the U.S. and you didn't say what's your opinion. I gave you a link of someone who has been there, done that and also stated statistics than can be corroborated. So what the heck is your problem? You have a habit of dismissing a post if it's only someone's opinion because you can argue an opinion or say the poster doesn't "articulate" their thoughts to your liking, but face it Mike, you can't argue statistics or facts. I'll tell you straight up, if TSF puts out all those statistics and facts he does, I never question, he's usually spot on because he's not using his opinion, he's usually actual data. Try it, you may like.
I just told you the problem I have with your post. Clearly you did not get it. Ok, if I was not specific enough, fine, but did you not see I just asked for more specifics? Yet you refuse to address them and just whine about me asking.
Not sure what kind of world you live in that has a question, and an answer and never a need for follow ups.

I recall asking several times, what is a better governmental system in your opinion? It can only be an answer of opinion as it is all so subjective. So why you would tell me someone else's opinion on the question is perplexing.

Now you have a choice, either tell me your opinion of a better governmental system than America's, or whine about me asking yet again.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Leers see...Switzerland, Denmark, The Netherlands, Australia, Canada,Norway all look good to me...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Snore wrote:
I failed to mention that many of the other posters' posts DO NOT REGISTER WITH YOU. You tell Silver it's only black or white--well he admits it so I'll give him a bone. You, the same only you won't admit to it like a man. And you won't admit to your prejudices against certain human beings. FACT--where is that friggn FACT icon.
I have mentioned not registering to many on this tread. Not sure how you missed that.

Yes, Silver admits he is black and white. I am trying to point out why being so black and white is problematic.

Yes, sometimes I too am black and white. If you wish to point out one, maybe I can explain why I am black and white on the issue. But broadly stroking my ways without specifics is not so productive.

I believe the republican theory of economics is not all absolutely wrong. I just personally believe it is not the best for America, nor is moral. I believe it is dangerous to a stable economy, IMO.

I believe the republican theory on religion in government is counterproductive to a civil, equal and free society.
It is of my opinion, and that of many of the founding fathers of this country.

You see, I have opinions, and I have expert opinions to back up my opinions. I have evidences of history to support my positions. If someone questions my claims, I am open to providing those sources and making my case. I rarely see this from the opposing side on this forum. Often, I just see them whine about why they must justify their positions to me. Some even openly acknowledge their mind is closed on the subject and thus refuse to discuss it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

waco1909 wrote:
Leers see...Switzerland, Denmark, The Netherlands, Australia, Canada,Norway all look good to me...
They look good, or better than our system? I would like to know why they are better if that is of your opinion?

You see, the whole point of why I asked the question from the start was to see what in comparison is better, specifically. What governmental structures are better than ours and why?

We can only improve if we can be specific about the why's and why not's, so we can analyze them.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>They look good, or better than our system? I would like to know why they are better if that is of your opinion?
You see, the whole point of why I asked the question from the start was to see what in comparison is better, specifically. What governmental structures are better than ours and why?
We can only improve if we can be specific about the why's and why not's, so we can analyze them.
I'll start with Denmark.Low crime rate.They also are not required to spend a huge amount of their GDP on being the worlds"policeman".Hi gh standard of living.Can't post links with this phone, check out Wikipedia and the Encyclopedia Britannica, plus World Almanac, you may be surprised at the quality of life enjoyed by the Sadness.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>They look good, or better than our system? I would like to know why they are better if that is of your opinion?
Since you were in the "neighborhood" of these countries, I would think you could offer an opinion as to the comparison. As you said, this is not a "classroom".

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Mike Duquette wrote:
Start with Denmark.Low crime rate.High standard of living.This country does not have to spend huge amounts of its GDP on being the worlds"policeman".Ca n't post links with this phone.Check out Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Britannica, you will be surprised at the success of the Danes.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

There's no accounting for "SWYPE"Mike.That's "DANES", not"sadness".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... 2 hr aninimous 7
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 6 hr oldballs 2
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord Wed Concerned Citizen 2
Dog food and meds Jul 29 ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Jul 29 Tim 235
Shadra Jeane Wilson Jul 28 In need of some info 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••