“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#29614 Dec 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Miley, I don't have to pander anything for you guys. Your unwillingness to be reasonable and any forward thinking that might of saved America waved bye bye on November 6th with you guys re-electing your president.
Guess being peaceful about things is just unreasonable to democrats and liberals. Well, hopefully when it becomes unpeaceful, it will be your problem to deal with come Friday.
You can ask for the world in a peaceful way, but why would you expect it to be handed to you on a silver platter?
This typifies the republican mentality on the hill today.
They refuse to compromise because they expect all their wants handed to them. Wake up to reality.
And of course you do not pander, as this would involve working together for solutions and compromising. It would involve you trying to appeal to what others want. You want it your way, or the highway. Well it looks like you are hitting the highway because you did not get your way. Black and white.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29615 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember WW2? America was at war with Japan and Germany(Italy was with them.) The Japs attacked the US without warning, without a formal declaration of war, HENCE Pearl Harbor attack. THEN we dropped the 2 bombs in 1945 and the cities hit were already military targets and one in particular was the shipyard that employed 50,000 civilians that were making battleships, ammo, tanks, war planes etc. So YOU ARE a TARGET. Still don't trust them for sh&t. Visit fine--live there--crazy. My opinion. Mike you should of been the one to keep Silvers facts k proper order.
Fact: Silvercoast is moving to Singapore, not Japan.He also knows why two atomics were dropped on Japan.The firebombing of Tokyo....killed more people than were killed by the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima or the one that was detonated on Nagasaki.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29616 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, if there is any "normalcy" in this world in which we live, I personally am giving your post here as "imo"/what your average poster would post without all your "no substance" BS or "show me a link" BS, etc.,etc.,etc.,.I could ask you the same thing as where are all your links supporting the aforementioned post. You see how you can be TOO EXTREME AND TOO LITERAL and it becomes so exhausting that you piss people off, hence the OCD remarks. See where I am going with this? I wish there was an icon for "imo". But I will give you this--you would make one hell of a defense lawyer with all your spinning, although you do have many valid points keeping GOD out of the equation, but you would piss the judge off because of your EXTREME overzealousness. lol So what I am saying is that you would serve your client EXTREMELY well.
As I have said many times here, if you doubt what I claim, then ask for a link. I am not writing a term paper with every post. I was having a conversation.
I made several claims in the post you refer to. So what claim do you need a link for?
I was relaying the opinion of the scientists. Their opinion was based upon experimentation, controlled observations and history.

I really do not like to have discussions with those who do not register. You seem to use different names. I cannot keep track of our conversation like that. There is a reason humans use names and keep the same one consistently. The rules of life do not change due to this forum.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29617 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Mike, if there is any "normalcy" in this world in which we live, I personally am giving your post here as "imo"/what your average poster would post without all your "no substance" BS or "show me a link" BS, etc.,etc.,etc.,.I could ask you the same thing as where are all your links supporting the aforementioned post. You see how you can be TOO EXTREME AND TOO LITERAL and it becomes so exhausting that you piss people off, hence the OCD remarks. See where I am going with this? I wish there was an icon for "imo". But I will give you this--you would make one hell of a defense lawyer with all your spinning, although you do have many valid points keeping GOD out of the equation, but you would piss the judge off because of your EXTREME overzealousness. lol So what I am saying is that you would serve your client EXTREMELY well.
Not sure which remarks you consider OCD? And yes, I do give a lot of opinion, as this is an opinion forum.
I am aware that much of what I say will piss off some people. Some get pissed off no matter how you word your opinion. I will give my opinion here no matter if it pisses people off or not. My goal is not to keep them happy. My goal is to show them what I think. I feel formatting my points in stark terms gets to the point quicker. I note many here are slow to understand the points, so beating around the bush, trying to make them happy will only result in them never understanding my position, IMHO.

I do not make claim to be an eloquent debater. But my point here is, eloquence is lost on these guys,IMHO.

Your accusations are with broad strokes. I would love for you to point out specifics to your claims. Dispute a claim or post I make for starters.

Oh, and please register.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29618 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember WW2? America was at war with Japan and Germany(Italy was with them.) The Japs attacked the US without warning, without a formal declaration of war, HENCE Pearl Harbor attack. THEN we dropped the 2 bombs in 1945 and the cities hit were already military targets and one in particular was the shipyard that employed 50,000 civilians that were making battleships, ammo, tanks, war planes etc. So YOU ARE a TARGET. Still don't trust them for sh&t. Visit fine--live there--crazy. My opinion. Mike you should of been the one to keep Silvers facts in proper order.
The whole idea of our government using nukes in a civil war is preposterous, IMHO. Silver seems to think it is likely.
The situations would likely be very different in a civil war. It would be very unlikely an entire city or region would be as united against the government as Japan was against us. It would be very unlikely that the rebels would be killing so many of our side that we would feel nukes would be needed to offset the casualties.

Silver sees everything in black and white,IMHO. So he sees all war as the same. He cannot see the nuances of circumstances. He cannot see the need for various approaches, IMHO.

Seems tedious to put,'IMHO' on so many things. Seems it is clear that much of this is opinion and of my perspective.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29619 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Always best to maintain optimism.Especially, for someone like me, I've found.
I look for balance. Being overly optimistic can be dangerous, just as being overly pessimistic can be problematic.

BTW, I apply this to my view of god/religion. For example, the blind and absolute belief of an afterlife is being overly optimistic about death.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29620 Dec 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And I figured as much. Like I said before, Texans are fanatical about being Texans.
From what I have seen, they are often fanatical about being Americans also. I could probably get rich selling American flag shirts there.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29621 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I look for balance. Being overly optimistic can be dangerous, just as being overly pessimistic can be problematic.
BTW, I apply this to my view of god/religion. For example, the blind and absolute belief of an afterlife is being overly optimistic about death.
Different strokes for different folks.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29622 Dec 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have my reservations. But Katie is pretty deadset on it. Will be interesting to see what they have to offer at the interview.
If you are telling her all that fear mongering you throw us, I can see why she wants to leave. If I believed what you say, I would think America would implode in a year or two.

I asked you several times to tell us what country has a better system than ours today, and you, nor anyone here ever cited a single one. Utopia cannot exist.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29623 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said many times here, if you doubt what I claim, then ask for a link. I am not writing a term paper with every post. I was having a conversation.
I made several claims in the post you refer to. So what claim do you need a link for?
I was relaying the opinion of the scientists. Their opinion was based upon experimentation, controlled observations and history.
I really do not like to have discussions with those who do not register. You seem to use different names. I cannot keep track of our conversation like that. There is a reason humans use names and keep the same one consistently. The rules of life do not change due to this forum.
Not Snore Mike, but I believe you have a double standard for yourself and others. The other day when Snore made the comment that Jews own the world and I posted statistics that I researched, you didn't believe them. Anyone that has been on here very long knows I don't debate anything math related, so you should have known I didn't make those statistics up. You didn't ask for a link where I got my information, IMO, you didn't like the answer I gave and basically called me a liar. So why should you crack on someone who calls you out about you not giving links and only your opinion and then doubt us when we give statistics or our opinion?

Mike, I know this is a debate forum, but one can debate with courtesy and without calling others liars you don't agree with. You know you've done that before and the people weren't lying.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29624 Dec 4, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked in Japan for 4 years. When I returned permanently I got down on my knees at Charlotte Airport & kissed the ground. By all means anyone that wants to go there should. Meanwhile I will just ROTFLMAO.
I was in Germany for a year and a half. Seemed like forever. I will never again take America for granted.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29625 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you are telling her all that fear mongering you throw us, I can see why she wants to leave. If I believed what you say, I would think America would implode in a year or two.
I asked you several times to tell us what country has a better system than ours today, and you, nor anyone here ever cited a single one. Utopia cannot exist.
http://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/2011/03/...

Here you go doubting Thomas...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29626 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Different strokes for different folks.
Yes, but I sense a tinge of wanting to be in denial here. It is all to easy and instinctive for us to be in denial. One way to excuse this is to say something like "different strokes".
I find religion has many of these sort of techniques that keep one in denial. I say, "these sorts" not to say religion says one can have different strokes, as it does not. It says, my way or the highway.
But the religious often use such concepts to justify blind belief.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29627 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Snore Mike, but I believe you have a double standard for yourself and others. The other day when Snore made the comment that Jews own the world and I posted statistics that I researched, you didn't believe them. Anyone that has been on here very long knows I don't debate anything math related, so you should have known I didn't make those statistics up. You didn't ask for a link where I got my information, IMO, you didn't like the answer I gave and basically called me a liar. So why should you crack on someone who calls you out about you not giving links and only your opinion and then doubt us when we give statistics or our opinion?
Mike, I know this is a debate forum, but one can debate with courtesy and without calling others liars you don't agree with. You know you've done that before and the people weren't lying.
I do not recall any links or stats. Did I respond to it? Maybe I missed it. Can you repost it? You often assume I dismiss such things, when I just missed them.
Again, just as 'Snore' did, you are using broad strokes. Easy to make claim of me calling someone a liar when they did not, when you have no post to show this being true or not.
Easy to call hypocrisy when you have no specifics to prove it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29628 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you change your registered status to 'sharing recent posts' I can find your recent links much easier. Why hide recent posts? What are you trying to hide? Maybe you just were not aware of the feature? If you click on my name, you can see several of my recent posts instead of going back page after page searching. This is one reason I like posters to register. It gets tedious with you guys sometimes, and this is a perfect example.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29629 Dec 4, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Fact: Silvercoast is moving to Singapore, not Japan.He also knows why two atomics were dropped on Japan.The firebombing of Tokyo....killed more people than were killed by the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima or the one that was detonated on Nagasaki.
Fact:I don't keep up with Silver's BS. The subject matter at hand was Japan and I simply threw in that I would never live there, only visit. Nor would I wish to live in any part of Asia--that pretty much covers the geographics of SE/SW Asia WHICH INCLUDES SING. I also am very aware of it NOT being a part of China or Japan. I also know Singapore is on the water and from what I have heard it's very pretty. I also know it sits roght above the equator--below Malaysia. Do I need to give you the coordinates too?Fact: again, I personally would never live in Asia or work there. Nothing like the United States of AMERICA. You need to get your facts straight too as to why we dropped the 2 bombs. We dropped them knowing that it would take far too many more troops to invade, AND the casualties in JAPAN would of approx. been 10 X greater. We did the right thing, IMO. We need a FACT icon.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#29630 Dec 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
http://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/2011/03/...
Here you go doubting Thomas...
What I am to doubt? You did not state it is your opinion Switzerland is better. Showing an article does not tell me your opinion. I want to know what you guys think, not some web sites opinion. Now if you wish to support your opinion with this link, that would be fine, but that is not what you just did.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29631 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but I sense a tinge of wanting to be in denial here. It is all to easy and instinctive for us to be in denial. One way to excuse this is to say something like "different strokes".
I find religion has many of these sort of techniques that keep one in denial. I say, "these sorts" not to say religion says one can have different strokes, as it does not. It says, my way or the highway.
But the religious often use such concepts to justify blind belief.
Michael D......SOMETIMES...in this bad old world of ours....people just have to disagree.l There are more things in this heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29632 Dec 4, 2012
Snore wrote:
<quoted text>Fact:I don't keep up with Silver's BS. The subject matter at hand was Japan and I simply threw in that I would never live there, only visit. Nor would I wish to live in any part of Asia--that pretty much covers the geographics of SE/SW Asia WHICH INCLUDES SING. I also am very aware of it NOT being a part of China or Japan. I also know Singapore is on the water and from what I have heard it's very pretty. I also know it sits roght above the equator--below Malaysia. Do I need to give you the coordinates too?Fact: again, I personally would never live in Asia or work there. Nothing like the United States of AMERICA. You need to get your facts straight too as to why we dropped the 2 bombs. We dropped them knowing that it would take far too many more troops to invade, AND the casualties in JAPAN would of approx. been 10 X greater. We did the right thing, IMO. We need a FACT icon.
Did you think I disagreed with the decision to drop atom bombs on Japan? Casualties were estimated at two million for an invasion of the Japanese mainland.My facts are fine.Quit trying to manufacture an argument.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29633 Dec 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>As I have said many times here, if you doubt what I claim, then ask for a link. I am not writing a term paper with every post. I was having a conversation.
I did not realize you were relaying the opiniion of scientists. I cannot read your mind like you have posted many a times to Bacon and Emlou. That is your right not to have a discussion with me because I CHOOSE NOT TO REGISTER. If it will help, Snore is my only moniker and I chose it because "a very few" posters keep saying the same sh$t since 2010. I thought it was funny, imo. Fact: Baco is right. Double standards should be your moniker lol. Imo, I did't think you were capable of having a conversation---only CONFRONTATION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas Music on Radio Stations (Nov '09) 2 hr hopper23 5
I Love Black Women (May '11) 3 hr Nosfonader 241
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Fri Ms p 137
what abe thought about black people Thu buford bullswarthy 4
bggb Nov 20 gest 58
lookin for that boy. where's he at (Mar '14) Nov 18 nyc2nc 19
Suicidal Tendencies in Charlotte for The War on... Nov 18 nyc2nc 4
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte People Search