“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#29574 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry to hear that.I know you have put some thought into this.When those papers go through....well....guess that's it....
I still have my reservations. But Katie is pretty deadset on it. Will be interesting to see what they have to offer at the interview.

Location hidden

#29575 Dec 3, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Took it upon myself to check out the real estate over there, go for it! My cousin teaches in Japan, has for several years, you will need to go to Bali and buy yourself some hand carved furniture, also, my friend, buddy ole' pal, should you run across a really good deal on pearls, would you let me know? Great prices on pearls there. Just asking.:)
Ha ha ha, you bet.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29576 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have my reservations. But Katie is pretty deadset on it. Will be interesting to see what they have to offer at the interview.
I hope they understand what they are asking of you.Bargaining chip, you know?
Independent

Gastonia, NC

#29577 Dec 3, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Took it upon myself to check out the real estate over there, go for it! My cousin teaches in Japan, has for several years, you will need to go to Bali and buy yourself some hand carved furniture, also, my friend, buddy ole' pal, should you run across a really good deal on pearls, would you let me know? Great prices on pearls there. Just asking.:)
I worked in Japan for 4 years. When I returned permanently I got down on my knees at Charlotte Airport & kissed the ground. By all means anyone that wants to go there should. Meanwhile I will just ROTFLMAO.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29578 Dec 3, 2012
The average income...in Singapore...is 59,000$ a year...

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29579 Dec 3, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked in Japan for 4 years. When I returned permanently I got down on my knees at Charlotte Airport & kissed the ground. By all means anyone that wants to go there should. Meanwhile I will just ROTFLMAO.
Actually, the guy is going to pursue a lucrative job offer in SINGAPORE.I had rather some bad experiences in Japan, oddly enough they don't seem to universally love Americans there.....

Location hidden

#29580 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, the guy is going to pursue a lucrative job offer in SINGAPORE.I had rather some bad experiences in Japan, oddly enough they don't seem to universally love Americans there.....
We did drop two nukes on them...

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29581 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
We did drop two nukes on them...
Don't want to split hairs, but we only dropped atomics on them.Those guys really can hold a grudge...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29582 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text> I can't give you an answer to that AZ. But, there are some I am sure. And I am sure there are some that oppose. Biggest reason why the feds won't support secession is money. The biggest reason why secession wouldn't work is money.
As I said before, states don't need the feds but feds need the states. But I will throw one at you. As a resident of North Carolina, you are required to be licensed in North Carolina in order to operate a vehicle. Or carry a concealed weapon legally, or work as a doctor, lawyer or accountant. Why is there not a National ID instead of state ID's?
Because states are given the right to grant licenses as part of the shared powers clause of the Constitution. What point are you trying to make?

Location hidden

#29583 Dec 3, 2012
Where is that chicken shit, Gail? Don't tell me she high tailed it out of here after being exposed.

Location hidden

#29584 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Because states are given the right to grant licenses as part of the shared powers clause of the Constitution. What point are you trying to make?
If Texas or any other state no longer wants shared powers and wants to make a go of on their own by forming a new government, what is the hang up on why they shouldn't be allowed to?

Location hidden

#29585 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text> If Texas or any other state no longer wants shared powers and wants to make a go of on their own by forming a new government, what is the hang up on why they shouldn't be allowed to?
Because it is an act of treason against the United States. Did you not learn anything from history?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29586 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Where is that chicken shit, Gail? Don't tell me she high tailed it out of here after being exposed.
Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29587 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Question for ya, because I don't know, is an "ID" considered a license? If so, for what?

Location hidden

#29588 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is an act of treason against the United States. Did you not learn anything from history?
Again, question, how is it "treason"?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#29589 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> To tell the truth, I was referring to us all.WE may have large brains, but our emotions are as primitive as ever,I offer as proof, the constant wars we engage in as a species
Certainly. Evolution has not changed us sense we have become 'civilized'. Civilization only started less than ten thousand years ago, and more like five thousand for it to really get going. That is not very long in evolutionary terms. It is a blip. The whole of modern humans is a blip in evolution. If we go extinct anytime soon, humans would be a failure in evolutionary terms. And successful species would live for several tens of millions of years. Humans as they are now have only been around for one hundred thousand years give or take.
The cold war possibility of full nuclear war could have wiped out humans. Global warming could wipe out humans. Who knows?

And yes, war is often a result of our instinct to guard our territory for hunting or other resources. Ape groups kill other ape groups that intrude upon territory. In fact, they are quite brutal about it. They eat the enemy, even though they rarely eat any meat. This is thought to show any others who survived not to dare come in the territory.
Apes will even go out and hunt them down like an army.
Humans are not that much different than our ancestor apes. We have a bigger brain, but we do not always use it to its capacity.

Location hidden

#29590 Dec 3, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Again, question, how is it "treason"?
Do you think that an act to challenge and undermind the soverignty of the United States is one that is productive to it's growth and future well being? Why weren't the Confederate States given "permission" to secede? An act of tyranny. Check out Andrew Jackson and his fight with John C Calhoun in South Carolina's first attempt to secede in the 1830's. The USA will never grant permission. These people live in a world of altered reality.

Location hidden

#29591 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Best to let sleeping dogs lie.
LOL...This one I can't resist. I will challenge her ass to her death bed.

Location hidden

#29592 Dec 3, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Question for ya, because I don't know, is an "ID" considered a license? If so, for what?
I don't know. An ID can cash your check, get you in a night club, or go to the 7 11 and buy you a beer. That is about the only license I think it can grant you, so, in that respect it probably is.

Location hidden

#29593 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that an act to challenge and undermind the soverignty of the United States is one that is productive to it's growth and future well being? Why weren't the Confederate States given "permission" to secede? An act of tyranny. Check out Andrew Jackson and his fight with John C Calhoun in South Carolina's first attempt to secede in the 1830's. The USA will never grant permission. These people live in a world of altered reality.
I guess my question was the definition of "treason" and how it applies. If Tx wanted to pull away from the other states, how does it undermine the sovereignty of the rest of the country? I would think TX would be the "Lone Ranger", out in the cold by it's self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... (Dec '13) 8 hr UTB 56
bggb 9 hr guest 5
Senator Kay Hagan Sun Wabash Tsunami 1
help........please help Sat Interesting 5
Cruising in Northlake mall? Oct 18 Hornyguy 1
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Oct 17 I Hate Syracuse 4,843
bank of america's vaibhav vaishnav july 11,2014... Oct 17 Brain M 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match

Charlotte Jobs

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlotte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]