“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29553 Dec 3, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to offer emotions as negative? I call love an emotion and clearly that's working out for you and Lu. You're posting to Mike who clearly is overtaken by his the emotion of hate. Must be people like him that start wars since he was ready to rejoin the military and fight/kill others in his own country. Geez, get real.
My statement was"people think with their emotions".As per, all the wars people get caught up in.I was referring to negative emotions.My guess is, if people thought, using the emotion of love more often, we'd all be better off.I was not criticizing people who are leaving the country.
Snore

Gastonia, NC

#29554 Dec 3, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to see you with an avatar. No more guess work, thanks.
Every once in a while I will leave in icon rating. I never use more than one, and I always respond to the post if my icon is negative. Usually the icon is a check mark for agreement with the post.
If someone asked who put a negative icon on their post and it was me, I would certainly let them know. I wish the forum would program the icons to show who left them, like facebook likes. Otherwise, they lose impact.
I generally expect someone will disagree with all my posts, but I do not always know if anyone ever does agree with them. This is why I sometimes leave a check mark. It shows the poster at least someone agrees with them.
Of course, if someone uses three icons, it just hogs up the icon abilities, so both sides cannot judge the post. So any post with three negative icons, shows one side is hogging the icons. Always leave at least one icon open to the other side. Just common courtesy.
Thanks for the icon lesson. Mike, I am thinking you are a twitter guy and interesting enough, Pope Benedict XVI will start twittering on Dec. 12th. Maybe you can ask him to tweet facts about how there is a GOD(The Only God.) Btw, I judged your post as "helpful". I mean it. Most people probably didn't know that. lol

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#29555 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
They say Silvercoast never sleeps......
Not in Puerto Rico

Location hidden

#29556 Dec 3, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, no soldier has to obey orders that are of treason to America. This is all carefully explained to all troops in basic training.
Contrary to lay persons ideas about following all orders, the troops are instructed to what is an order that is lawful or not. If the soldier thinks the command is in defiance of the law, he does not have to follow the order and must bring this to the attention to the chain of command.
All true. Military has a command structure and orders are given from top down. President Lincoln was willing to give Robert E Lee command of the United States Army at the onset of the civil war, Lee turned it down because Lee felt more loyal to Virginia and the southern confederacy.

While we agree soldiers follow orders, men use judgement on making decisions before issuing those orders. Don't be foolish in thinking there are military leaders who do not support secession. You might have your feelings hurt.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29558 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in Puerto Rico
Must be a happening place..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#29559 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
All true. Military has a command structure and orders are given from top down. President Lincoln was willing to give Robert E Lee command of the United States Army at the onset of the civil war, Lee turned it down because Lee felt more loyal to Virginia and the southern confederacy.
While we agree soldiers follow orders, men use judgement on making decisions before issuing those orders. Don't be foolish in thinking there are military leaders who do not support secession. You might have your feelings hurt.
Name a few.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#29560 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a few.
http://guerrillamerica.com/201 2/11/reflections-on-secession/ It's not what you might think, but still an interesting read.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29561 Dec 3, 2012
Bacon have a better day, I hope, and I sent your message along.

Location hidden

#29562 Dec 3, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Name a few.
I can't give you an answer to that AZ. But, there are some I am sure. And I am sure there are some that oppose. Biggest reason why the feds won't support secession is money. The biggest reason why secession wouldn't work is money.

As I said before, states don't need the feds but feds need the states. But I will throw one at you. As a resident of North Carolina, you are required to be licensed in North Carolina in order to operate a vehicle. Or carry a concealed weapon legally, or work as a doctor, lawyer or accountant. Why is there not a National ID instead of state ID's?

Location hidden

#29563 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text> I can't give you an answer to that AZ. But, there are some I am sure. And I am sure there are some that oppose. Biggest reason why the feds won't support secession is money. The biggest reason why secession wouldn't work is money.
As I said before, states don't need the feds but feds need the states. But I will throw one at you. As a resident of North Carolina, you are required to be licensed in North Carolina in order to operate a vehicle. Or carry a concealed weapon legally, or work as a doctor, lawyer or accountant. Why is there not a National ID instead of state ID's?
Good one Silver, I already had this chat with a couple of "legal eagles" and states are states and feds are feds, or at least that's what they said.
TSF

Kenly, NC

#29564 Dec 3, 2012
Don't discourage him. I know the foreigners will be sooo happy to have the honor of his whinny, complaining, prejudiced presence. Employers everywhere are just beating the bushes looking to hire serial whiners.
waco1909 wrote:
Arnold you can expect"anonymous proxy"to be on here most of the day.Talk about bring"eaten up with hate".....but it doesn't bother me, I can stand up for myself, come what may. Silvercoast is talking about"renunciation"p apers, I don't know what those are.If it means.....he is"renouncing"his citizenship.....well.........t here is nothing more to say...about that....."Singapore" ?? Really??? Damn Silvercoast.....damn.....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29565 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoast...if y'all take over.....what happens to people like me?

Location hidden

#29566 Dec 3, 2012
TSF wrote:
Don't discourage him. I know the foreigners will be sooo happy to have the honor of his whinny, complaining, prejudiced presence. Employers everywhere are just beating the bushes looking to hire serial whiners.
<quoted text>
Like when you whine and cry about the "rich" taking "entitlements?"

Thanks for the laugh.

Location hidden

#29567 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Arnold you can expect"anonymous proxy"to be on here most of the day.Talk about bring"eaten up with hate".....but it doesn't bother me, I can stand up for myself, come what may. Silvercoast is talking about"renunciation"p apers, I don't know what those are.If it means.....he is"renouncing"his citizenship.....well.........t here is nothing more to say...about that....."Singapore" ?? Really??? Damn Silvercoast.....damn.....
Sinagapore law does not allow dual citizenship. Will know more after Friday.

Location hidden

#29568 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Silvercoast...if y'all take over.....what happens to people like me?
If Texas secedes, you will have to choose for yourself and family. I have faith that you will make the best decision in the interest of your family and yourself, regardless of what opinion any of us have.

But as you pointed out earlier, Texas will not secede nor will the Union allow Texas too because of control and money. Cost huge amounts of money to start a new country and the Federalist don't want to posture themselves that a state just may be able to do it better.

The progressives and liberal types all keep saying be more reasonable and lean forward. If Texas feels they can do it better than the American government, what is the hang up on why they shouldn't be allowed the chance too other than money or control?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29569 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
If Texas secedes, you will have to choose for yourself and family. I have faith that you will make the best decision in the interest of your family and yourself, regardless of what opinion any of us have.
But as you pointed out earlier, Texas will not secede nor will the Union allow Texas too because of control and money. Cost huge amounts of money to start a new country and the Federalist don't want to posture themselves that a state just may be able to do it better.
The progressives and liberal types all keep saying be more reasonable and lean forward. If Texas feels they can do it better than the American government, what is the hang up on why they shouldn't be allowed the chance too other than money or control?
IF TEXAS votes to secede, I will vote to stay in the union.But, if Texas votes to secede, I'm going along with TEXAS....because I love Texas...more than I love the USA...JUST can't help it....

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29570 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that.I know you have put some thought into this.When those papers go through....well....guess that's it....

Location hidden

#29571 Dec 3, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Took it upon myself to check out the real estate over there, go for it! My cousin teaches in Japan, has for several years, you will need to go to Bali and buy yourself some hand carved furniture, also, my friend, buddy ole' pal, should you run across a really good deal on pearls, would you let me know? Great prices on pearls there. Just asking.:)

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#29572 Dec 3, 2012
Emlu..likes pearls.....

Location hidden

#29573 Dec 3, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> IF TEXAS votes to secede, I will vote to stay in the union.But, if Texas votes to secede, I'm going along with TEXAS....because I love Texas...more than I love the USA...JUST can't help it....
And I figured as much. Like I said before, Texans are fanatical about being Texans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Did the Devil Come From? (May '08) 32 min ste 403
Black churchgoers break with leading Democrats ... (Apr '12) 4 hr Brian_G 1,900
patrick brehm arrested and charged Thu medmel8556 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Thu Currently Queen 139
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) Thu force me 36
Cherry Crush Dec 17 Cherry Dreams 1
why do i only see darkness in light? Dec 17 Displaced 2
Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web