Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Charlotte Forum

Comments (Page 1,305)

Showing posts 26,081 - 26,100 of49,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> The 47% represents those who recieve govt assistance other than SS and medicare. This cancels out the elderly, the military, etc...
This does include however the ones who choose to recieve unemployment because it pays more than the jobs currently available for their skills, the ones who think the govt is their baby daddy, etc...
These people are smart enough though to vote for the hand that feeds them......which is what Romney was pointing out. There's a difference between a hand up,(Republicans), and a hand out,(democrats).
Keep spinning ballerina.
Now spin on this ballerina. Unemployment insurance provides temporary economic benefits to ELIGIBLE workers who lose jobs through no fault of their own
All benefits and administrative costs of both the employment services program and the unemployment insurance program are paid by employers.
Both the amount and duration of your unemployment insurance benefits are based on wages that you were paid during a specific time called the base period.
Unemployment insurance benefits are subject to the income tax provisions of the state Dept. of Revenue and the U.S.Interenal Revenue Service
So no unemployment benefits do not fall under govt assistance. It is very evident that you are not a business owner or at least do not employ anyone. Human Resources does'nt seem to be your forte either.
SO NOW BALLERINA SPIN ON THAT!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Dick Morris? Isn't he the man that wrote that incredible book,'Condi vs. Hillary', predicting that these two would be the Presidential candidates of 2008? Dick Morris? Isn't he the man that predicted that McCain/Palin would win by a landslide over Obama in 2008? What an incredible talent! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want him to fill out my bets at the race track, but for you, he may be the man. We'll all see tonight. Whatever happens...happens.
Didn't he work for the Clinton's?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

What if its a tie and the Supreme Court appoints George Dubya---- again?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't he work for the Clinton's?
Yes, unfortunately.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

TSF wrote:
What if its a tie and the Supreme Court appoints George Dubya---- again?
Thank God for the 22nd Amendment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

OK guys as far as the election is concerned, it's almost over. As most of us sit in our warm homes, with food and water, we need to be mindful of those in the northeast that FEMA and the state officials in NJ and NY have forgotten. I don't care what party they're from, it's a sin and shame these people are facing another Nor'Easter in the cold with no heat or electricity. Let's keep them in our prayers because it appears it's every man for himself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, unfortunately.
Hey, they knew a good man when found one.;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, they knew a good man when found one.;)
Washington once thought that Benedict Arnold was a good man, too.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
Hey Bacon, just saw a report where the black panthers ARE at the polls in Philly. I wonder if the UN is going to show up there to "monitor" the situation?
Are you talking about that one black man wearing a beret that Fox News singled out of the crowd?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about that one black man wearing a beret that Fox News singled out of the crowd?
Hey Allen, Everybody at Fox News knows that one black man wearing a beret is a very intimidating force.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

The black man..Jerry Jackson...a designated poll watcher Fox confirms. NC and Virginia ....both dead heats in the early stages. A whammer jammer for sure. Plan to stay up late.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Now spin on this ballerina. Unemployment insurance provides temporary economic benefits to ELIGIBLE workers who lose jobs through no fault of their own
All benefits and administrative costs of both the employment services program and the unemployment insurance program are paid by employers.
Both the amount and duration of your unemployment insurance benefits are based on wages that you were paid during a specific time called the base period.
Unemployment insurance benefits are subject to the income tax provisions of the state Dept. of Revenue and the U.S.Interenal Revenue Service
So no unemployment benefits do not fall under govt assistance. It is very evident that you are not a business owner or at least do not employ anyone. Human Resources does'nt seem to be your forte either.
SO NOW BALLERINA SPIN ON THAT!
You may understand HR but you don't understand buisness. Although it is the responsibility of the employer to pay the benifits and the state & federal taxes, these cost are actually passed on to the consumer through goods and services. The amount of unemployment benifits are determined by the base period, correct, which makes my point. People can actually make more drawing unemployment than they can by obtaining an available job.(For me personally, I'd rather dig ditches for $8 an hour before I draw unemployment....must be a pride thing!)
These taxes being paid by the employer are nowhere near enough to cover the high unemployment rate which results in states having to borrow money from the federal govt....which results in govt assistance!
So initially, yes, the employer/consumer pays the cost for unemployment but at the end of the day it's the taxpayers that pay the price because it's the taxpayers that that pay the taxes and supply the govt with the money!
The producers taking care of the moochers.
And no, HR isn't my forte, that's why I hired somebody to handle those duties.
Keep on spinning!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Pro, it's on nights like this that I wish I was a drinker...If you drink, have one for me, will you?
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Allen, Everybody at Fox News knows that one black man wearing a beret is a very intimidating force.
LMAO, sure he is, especially a distinguished black man wearing a very stylish beret;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me, Pro, but I didn't see where Romney made an exception for the elderly, the military, etc. I wish he would have made this clarification instead of you doing it for him.
It's easy math AZ. When you factor in the elderly,(SS & medicare), the number is closer to 61%. The military is excluded because they're paid by the govt already so the word "assistance" doesn't apply. If the left would just look at the facts and quit trying to cherry pick and spin everything, they would've seen this.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> You may understand HR but you don't understand buisness. Although it is the responsibility of the employer to pay the benifits and the state & federal taxes, these cost are actually passed on to the consumer through goods and services. The amount of unemployment benifits are determined by the base period, correct, which makes my point. People can actually make more drawing unemployment than they can by obtaining an available job.(For me personally, I'd rather dig ditches for $8 an hour before I draw unemployment....must be a pride thing!)
These taxes being paid by the employer are nowhere near enough to cover the high unemployment rate which results in states having to borrow money from the federal govt....which results in govt assistance!
So initially, yes, the employer/consumer pays the cost for unemployment but at the end of the day it's the taxpayers that pay the price because it's the taxpayers that that pay the taxes and supply the govt with the money!
Keep on spinning!

You are full of $hit and you are starting to sound just like Mike, you'll find a way to justify yourself at all cost.

The claim filer or the employee is the one who is subject to state and federal taxes on benefits paid. www.ncesc.com

If you wreck your car you normally file a claim with your auto insurance co. Right?

If your home burns down you normally file a claim with your home owners insurance. Right?

If you go for surgery you normally file a claim with your health insurance. Right?

So why is it so hard for you to grasp the idea that companies have insurance on jobs. Unemployment benefits can only be paid when you have lost your job through no fault of your own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington once thought that Benedict Arnold was a good man, too.
Touche' Monsieur Pussycat!!!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Pro, it's on nights like this that I wish I was a drinker...If you drink, have one for me, will you?
One for me too!

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>You are full of $hit and you are starting to sound just like Mike, you'll find a way to justify yourself at all cost.

The claim filer or the employee is the one who is subject to state and federal taxes on benefits paid. www.ncesc.com

If you wreck your car you normally file a claim with your auto insurance co. Right?

If your home burns down you normally file a claim with your home owners insurance. Right?

If you go for surgery you normally file a claim with your health insurance. Right?

So why is it so hard for you to grasp the idea that companies have insurance on jobs. Unemployment benefits can only be paid when you have lost your job through no fault of your own.
Because there is no insurance of a job and a job can go away at any time.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Your expertise in business is kind of blunted by the fact that you cannot correctly spell business.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text> You may understand HR but you don't understand buisness. Although it is the responsibility of the employer to pay the benifits and the state & federal taxes, these cost are actually passed on to the consumer through goods and services. The amount of unemployment benifits are determined by the base period, correct, which makes my point. People can actually make more drawing unemployment than they can by obtaining an available job.(For me personally, I'd rather dig ditches for $8 an hour before I draw unemployment....must be a pride thing!)
Keep on spinning!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,081 - 26,100 of49,338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Charlotte Forum right now

Search the Charlotte Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NAACP pickets at Roses store, protests GOP poli... 3 hr James Jeffers 39
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) 18 hr Buff Aloe 27
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 20 hr southener 4,785
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Wed nyc2nc 10
Saints are those who are set apart (Mar '08) Wed Past present future 5
Visiting Charlotte... recommendations? Tue nyc2nc 17
diet doctor Tue Tonia 2
•••
•••
•••
Charlotte Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Charlotte Jobs