“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26750 Nov 5, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish :) Just kidding, don't get all upset. I don't want to see children suppressed either.
Can children legally vote?
Because I thought when you turn 18 you were technically an adult?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#26751 Nov 5, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>You keep asking those of us of faith to "prove" the existence of God, I have yet to see your proof there isn't. More people believe, in a religion, than do not, am I correct? Have humans not done so through the course of time?
I am showing evidence your god is false. Yet none of you seem able to defend your god, nor even try.
You must identify the god you wish for me to prove false as their are many. And the fact their are many supposed gods is just more evidence their is no god.
But it is hard if not impossible to prove a negative in this sense.
Russel's teapot is evidence to that.

But our conversation is less about proving your god,and more about proving your holy book as a place to base moral reasoning upon.

The bible commands humans to do what we today see as highly immoral.
Thus we can deduce through reason, the god of the bible is not a moral god, thus not likely to even exist.

I know of one absolute. There is zero evidence for a god. I think absolutes are more rare than not. So this supposed god would surely have some evidence of existence if it were to be real.

There is a logical reason their are more believers than not today. We are living in a time that science is young. Before science was able to answer many of our questions, humans naturally invented answers. That answer was based upon superstition(gods).

We now have many answers by science, but notice how many of those who cling to religion, deny much of the science that is known. Evolution comes to mind. Some of religion even deny much of geology. Many deny much of astronomy. Some still believe demons in your body make you sick, not germs.

This is all evidence my theory is correct.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26752 Nov 5, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>I knew it, I told Waco, he'll have an answer for us females, wait and see. You know what a "ballyhoo" is...bait fish Mike.
The pain of childbirth can be understood through science. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand it.
The ancients did not understand the science, so they claimed god made it painful. We now know better, or at least we should.
This is evidence your god is not real.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26753 Nov 5, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, the MEDIA bias. All major syndicates with the exception of Fox have been leaning Obama. I only base my opinion on fox from what Miley says, I don't watch it. I watch CBS and when I want to be pissed off for a good work out or bike rode, NBC.
I would love to know what right wing media site you got this information from?

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#26754 Nov 5, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>TEW, I know for a fact that the FAST team in Spain not Italy as many report was ready to GO. They waited and waited and were told to stand down. I also have word that the debacle in Libya is one screwed up mess and at this juncture is totally a political fiasco. If Obama is re-elected, you'll see movement in Libya, not in Tripoli, but in and around Benghazi. All I know right now.
I believe you are correct. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out regardless of who is elected.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26755 Nov 5, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
Mike,
Here are more stories contradicting the timeline and story you posted.
I have already said this is a cover up. The cover up is to cover much more than Obama's handling of security and response to the attacks.
Much bigger picture here.
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/0...
"Stories"? I note the article you posted named not one single person used as the "source" of information other than the one for the side that confirms the article I posted.

All you posted is evidence fox news will just make shit up to win an election for their team.

"Those calls allegedly went to local security contractors who say that the CIA annex was also notified much earlier...... "

This is classic propaganda. If you see the word "allegedly", beware. This claim has no named source. If they want some credibility, they need to show some balls and name the source.
I can make anonymous claims all day long. None need to be true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26756 Nov 5, 2012
The Enemy Within wrote:
Mike,
Here are more stories contradicting the timeline and story you posted.
I have already said this is a cover up. The cover up is to cover much more than Obama's handling of security and response to the attacks.
Much bigger picture here.
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/11/0...
I do not claim Obama is not trying to cover up anything. Name one president who does not cover up stuff.
But what you think he is covering up, may not be as bad as you think. He could be simply covering up something that is demanded by national security. Who knows? Not you.
It did seem strange how Mitt suddenly stopped talking about the issue. Made me wonder if he was briefed by the CIA, and learned what the real deal was.
Just a guess. Who knows?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26757 Nov 5, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't voter suppression. Just lots of people waiting to the last minute to vote and faulting the government for their procrastination. If you can't follow the rules then you shouldn't get a say.
The 'rules' were put in place by republicans who know more Democrats vote early than republicans.
Coincidence?
Anything that makes voting harder, suppresses the vote.
Are Americans procrastinators? Absolutely. But does that mean they should close the polls? No, it means they should keep them open, as they know how Americans procrastinate.

Speaking of following the rules, have you denied any black people from a job lately due to their race?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26758 Nov 5, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>This one is classic.
So you have no rebuttal? You refuse to even try to explain your holy book? Just keep blindly believing like a good sheep.

Mike Duquette wrote:
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites:'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.' 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.
6 " 'When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are over, she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering.[
7 He shall offer them before the LORD to make atonement for her, and then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood. These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl.
8 If she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean."
-Leviticus Chapter 12: 1-8
So this is what god said to do? Really? If you believe a god actually said this crap, I have some land to sell you.
Clearly this is just a sign of the times. They had some silly superstitions back in those days.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26759 Nov 5, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>This one is classic.
I can hardly blame you for running from the debate, as their is no way to defend the insanity of the bible.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26760 Nov 5, 2012
Waco 1909 wrote:
You seem most unhappy Michael.You do not seem to be a happy atheist.Subjective again.But that word"subjective"appl ies to your opinions as well.
I am unhappy at how you are acting. I am unhappy at how the republicans are acting. Should I be happy with the republicans? I am not here for a party. I am defending my views in a hostile environment. Sorry is I do not sound so chipper.
You can try to blame it on atheism, but you cannot show it is due to atheism.
You can claim silly crap all day long, but it is another thing to show evidence for your claims.

You do not know my life. You do not know if I am happy in general or not. You are just making an observation based on one small portion of what you see from me.

I am happy in general. I feel my atheism helps in that happiness. But all of this is highly subjective of course.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26761 Nov 5, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Miley is smug. Unhappy. Miserable. I knew beyond a shadow of any doubt I was going to marry my wife when we first met. I know I would be devastated to the core if we were to part ways, either by choice or by death. I also know I would not remarry nor date afterwards either and spend the remainder of my life pining for Katie till death.
Can't speak for all but I meant my vows when I took them and just did repeat them.
No, you cannot speak for others, as you do not even know what others vows were, or if they even made a vow. You just speculate based upon your hate and bias.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26762 Nov 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The 'rules' were put in place by republicans who know more Democrats vote early than republicans.
Coincidence?
Anything that makes voting harder, suppresses the vote.
Are Americans procrastinators? Absolutely. But does that mean they should close the polls? No, it means they should keep them open, as they know how Americans procrastinate.
Speaking of following the rules, have you denied any black people from a job lately due to their race?
As a matter of fact, legal turned 2 candidates away just last week. Both were gradutes of N.C. Central and Campbell law school.

Appearently, they found 2 more suitable candidates. Both are white, one male and one female.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26763 Nov 5, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Miley is smug. Unhappy. Miserable. I knew beyond a shadow of any doubt I was going to marry my wife when we first met. I know I would be devastated to the core if we were to part ways, either by choice or by death. I also know I would not remarry nor date afterwards either and spend the remainder of my life pining for Katie till death.
Can't speak for all but I meant my vows when I took them and just did repeat them.
Was that a Freudian slip you made on that last part? You just repeated them?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26764 Nov 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am showing evidence your god is false. Yet none of you seem able to defend your god, nor even try.
You must identify the god you wish for me to prove false as their are many. And the fact their are many supposed gods is just more evidence their is no god.
But it is hard if not impossible to prove a negative in this sense.
Russel's teapot is evidence to that.
But our conversation is less about proving your god,and more about proving your holy book as a place to base moral reasoning upon.
The bible commands humans to do what we today see as highly immoral.
Thus we can deduce through reason, the god of the bible is not a moral god, thus not likely to even exist.
I know of one absolute. There is zero evidence for a god. I think absolutes are more rare than not. So this supposed god would surely have some evidence of existence if it were to be real.
There is a logical reason their are more believers than not today. We are living in a time that science is young. Before science was able to answer many of our questions, humans naturally invented answers. That answer was based upon superstition(gods).
We now have many answers by science, but notice how many of those who cling to religion, deny much of the science that is known. Evolution comes to mind. Some of religion even deny much of geology. Many deny much of astronomy. Some still believe demons in your body make you sick, not germs.
This is all evidence my theory is correct.
The Greeks, Roman's, Egyptians might disagree. "Our conversation"??? Which holy book are you speaking of, as you have, shown many exist. Who is this "we" person Mike? You, today see as immoral. You deduce. That's one reason I respond to "your" commentaries, you always say "we". When did people say to you, Mike Duquette, you have our permission to lump us in with our opinions? How long has religion been debated Mike? As I have said to you before, it is a belief. I have my belief and you have yours. It's really simple.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26765 Nov 5, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut your check to pay extra yet?
Straw man.

Location hidden

#26766 Nov 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, you cannot speak for others, as you do not even know what others vows were, or if they even made a vow. You just speculate based upon your hate and bias.
You use "we" a lot Mike, who are you speaking for?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26767 Nov 5, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, legal turned 2 candidates away just last week. Both were gradutes of N.C. Central and Campbell law school.
Appearently, they found 2 more suitable candidates. Both are white, one male and one female.
So who was more qualified? I have no problem if they were less qualified, but I asked if you did so due to race. You have yet to answer the question, as usual.

Location hidden

#26768 Nov 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you have no rebuttal? You refuse to even try to explain your holy book? Just keep blindly believing like a good sheep.
Mike Duquette wrote:
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites:'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period.' 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.
6 " 'When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are over, she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering.[
7 He shall offer them before the LORD to make atonement for her, and then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood. These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl.
8 If she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean."
-Leviticus Chapter 12: 1-8
So this is what god said to do? Really? If you believe a god actually said this crap, I have some land to sell you.
Clearly this is just a sign of the times. They had some silly superstitions back in those days.
Belief. No running required.

Location hidden

#26770 Nov 5, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I can hardly blame you for running from the debate, as their is no way to defend the insanity of the bible.
Belief, no debating a belief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Raider Dynasty is OVER! 8 hr Papa Red 13
Go Big Red 8 hr Papa Red 15
Black women don't find white men attractive. (Jul '10) 13 hr cha ching 34
Taste of Gaston is about more than just food an... Thu Mortimer 2
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) Sep 17 I Hate Syracuse 251
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Sep 17 I Hate Syracuse 234
5 year old goes missing at Shamrock Gardens Ele... Sep 17 MaryOfConcern 6
•••
•••
•••

Charlotte Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Charlotte News, Events & Info