Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#26662 Nov 4, 2012
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Was it good to keep women from teaching men in biblical times? Mike..women have been teaching men for as long as there have been men.
So then explain why Paul tried to forbid it?

I agree, women have always done so. Further proof the bible is dead wrong. Thus, not inspired by a god.

How much evidence do you need to show the bible is wrong? Is there any amount of evidence that will convince you? Or are you just that brainwashed as to excuse every wrong it states?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26663 Nov 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, why not. You want government to mandate health care for individuals. I'd pay a little extra to shut Chris Matthews and Rachel Madcow up.
Proof that conservatives are only conservative about what they want.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26664 Nov 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
All part of Grand Design...hahaha
I see you also run from the hard questions. Now just blindly believe like a good sheep.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26665 Nov 4, 2012
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Finally, someone is heading in the right direction. Keep going boys, you'll get there. From the birth canal to the head of the table, who powdered you butts and got you there? Don't think it was Daddy. It's just a different kind of teaching. CULTURE
Thanks for showing Paul and the bible as wrong.
Of course you will certainly ignore this and give your holy book a pass with some sort of mental gymnastics.
The religious fear doubting the bible. It is their greatest flaw.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#26666 Nov 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd pay a little extra to shut Chris Matthews and Rachel Madcow up.
You do have a funtional remote control, don't you?
Waco 1909

United States

#26667 Nov 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So then explain why Paul tried to forbid it?
I agree, women have always done so. Further proof the bible is dead wrong. Thus, not inspired by a god.
How much evidence do you need to show the bible is wrong? Is there any amount of evidence that will convince you? Or are you just that brainwashed as to excuse every wrong it states?
Don't you think Paul should explain that?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26668 Nov 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who holds you accountable for your actions Mike? Is there a just one that can call you out on your mean, hateful, and disrespectful remarks to people? Do you know why most on here with the exception of two people or three people disagree with you? You show no respect and you get no respect and any valid points you may have are lost because of a lack of disrespect for you. As I said before and I'll say it again, I don't care what your opinion of me is because I don't respect you. What I quoted to you the other day is so true. If you can't win an argument, you resort because of your dysfunction to your little arsenal bag of belittling. Keep that bag close Mike, I feel you need to use it quite a bit.
Everyone here is of a superstitious belief other than I. So it is of zero surprise that they disagree with me.

You never concede any points by someone on team Democrat, no matter how they say it.
You have openly claimed to have a closed mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26669 Nov 4, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Who holds you accountable for your actions Mike? Is there a just one that can call you out on your mean, hateful, and disrespectful remarks to people? Do you know why most on here with the exception of two people or three people disagree with you? You show no respect and you get no respect and any valid points you may have are lost because of a lack of disrespect for you. As I said before and I'll say it again, I don't care what your opinion of me is because I don't respect you. What I quoted to you the other day is so true. If you can't win an argument, you resort because of your dysfunction to your little arsenal bag of belittling. Keep that bag close Mike, I feel you need to use it quite a bit.
And I see you cannot concede you were also at fault for trying to belittle me and my service to our country. Hypocrite.
For every action, their is an equal and opposite reaction.

I responded to your words in kind. Whine about it all you want.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26670 Nov 4, 2012
To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." -Genesis 3:16
Waco 1909

United States

#26671 Nov 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for showing Paul and the bible as wrong.
Of course you will certainly ignore this and give your holy book a pass with some sort of mental gymnastics.
The religious fear doubting the bible. It is their greatest flaw.
Was Paul wrong? Exactly what kind of"teaching"is Paul referring to do you think? In your opinion, why did Paul say that?

Location hidden

#26672 Nov 4, 2012
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Emlu, for years I blamed God for my brohters condition. I prayed over him daily, that God would allow him to speak or just be able to get up and take a step and he never did. Shortly after his death he began to come to me in dreams but he was just as normal as you and I. That's when I realized that God had afterall answered my prayers. I consider myself blessed to have had him as part of my life only if it was for a short while! Guess God needed him more!
Allen, it's me Bacon that you responded to. I left out Emlu too about those of us with relatives with disabilities. It can be tiring and we don't always understand. I watch my brother slowing going daily and I ask God to give me the grace, love and peace my brother has and as you, I too, feel blessed to have him as a part of my life. I think you might agree, we'd all do better to walk a mile in their shoes for a couple days. This world would be a better place.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26673 Nov 4, 2012
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you think Paul should explain that?
He did not.
He just left it at the command of not allowing women to teach. He did not say just for the days of his time. He made no clarifications. He just demanded as if he knew better than you. His demands were followed by Christians for two thousand years and many still do. Why? Because Christians often blindly follow whatever they read in the bible because they think it is the word of a god that knows better than they.

I see you refuse to question why Paul would say such an ignorant thing. Such a good sheep.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26674 Nov 4, 2012
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Was Paul wrong? Exactly what kind of"teaching"is Paul referring to do you think? In your opinion, why did Paul say that?
My opinion is, he, just as with many men in his time thought of women as lesser mentally than men.
Just as many men today still wrongly think.

You offer no other reason. No one here offers no other reason. So why would I conclude any different than the obvious?

Women could not even vote in America until 1920.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#26675 Nov 4, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a funtional remote control, don't you?
Yup, my wife. hahaha

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#26676 Nov 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." -Genesis 3:16
If you were female you would understand this and wouldn't mind.It's the reward of being a woman.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26677 Nov 4, 2012
Many churches still do not allow women to be in the clergy.
Evidently, they are still listening to Paul's commandments.
Waco 1909

United States

#26678 Nov 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>He did not.
He just left it at the command of not allowing women to teach. He did not say just for the days of his time. He made no clarifications. He just demanded as if he knew better than you. His demands were followed by Christians for two thousand years and many still do. Why? Because Christians often blindly follow whatever they read in the bible because they think it is the word of a god that knows better than they.
I see you refuse to question why Paul would say such an ignorant thing. Such a good sheep.
I asked you.Probably Paul was caught up in the prevailing beliefs of the time regarding women.I wonder at times how Paul felt about a lot of things.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#26679 Nov 4, 2012
Catholicism
The Pope is only elected by the College of Cardinals.[80] Women are not appointed as cardinals, so women cannot vote for the Pope.[81] The female offices of Abbess or Mother Superior are elective, the choice being made by the secret votes of the nuns belonging to the community.[82]
[edit]Islam
Although Women were included in the process of electing the Caliph during the Rashidun Caliphate (632-661), Women's rights vary in Islamic countries in the modern era. The question of women's right to become imams (a religious leader) is disputed by many, see Women in Islam.
[edit]Judaism
Women are denied the vote and the ability to be elected to positions of authority in many Orthodox Jewish synagogues and religious organizations.[83][84][85] This is not true of the non-Orthodox branches of Judaism, especially in the United States,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_suffra...

Location hidden

#26680 Nov 4, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And I see you cannot concede you were also at fault for trying to belittle me and my service to our country. Hypocrite.
For every action, their is an equal and opposite reaction.
I responded to your words in kind. Whine about it all you want.
No hypocrite and I'm not going to concede. Let me make myself clear, hold your breath until I apologize to you about anything I've said to you. I don't respect you or anything you have done. I said that in kind too.

Location hidden

#26681 Nov 4, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, my wife. hahaha
Good one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susan J. Inabinett 5 hr Edit 2
charles or charlie holt age 5... who is his pa... 18 hr Angel at night 11
Why was pastor Amy lambert arrested? Wed Angel at night 70
Ace TJ (Jan '14) Wed Nerf Herder 7
Ric Flair sucks ! (Jun '14) Apr 23 Moose Knuckle 14
Nickname "Quick"? Apr 23 Rhett Butler 4
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Apr 17 Farrell Landon 76

Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance